+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 3 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

1. Link to Post #241
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

Hi Bill --
    I think looking back as you were doing is very helpful --

The first was 2,000 years ago, and that was taken over and failed.

I agree with the first now that you've pointed it out.
    Would be interesting if you elaborated on what you think was happening at the time.
    I think the "Jesus" figure in myth was raising objections to patriarchy.

Patriarchy created organized patriarchal religion --
    the Old Testament was written to cement patriarchy.

Organized patriarchal religion underpins patriarchy and has given us
    the suicidal notions of "Manifest Destiny" and "Man's Dominion Over Nature" --
    both of which are licenses for exploitation by Elites . . .
    of Nature, Natural Resources, Animal-life -- and even other humans according to various myths of "inferiority."

Christianity gave us Capitalism --
    which gave us Global Warming and down that long road to and Citizens United -- which extended legalized bribery to enable elites to accelerate the buying of our government, elected officials and candidates.

The second was in the '60s and early '70s. That also failed.

Don't think the second was that much of a failure --

Here's Mae Brussel on that --

Quote Indeed, in 1972, when the details began to come out about a break-in at Democratic Party headquarters in the Watergate Hotel, Mae immediately recognized personnel and modus operandi from nine years of assassination research, while the mainstream press continued to refer to Watergate as a "caper" and "a third-rate burglary." And so it came to pass that while Rabbi Magnin was entertaining Richard Nixon at his home in Los Angeles, his daughter Mae was revealing the President's role in an incredible conspiracy. Meanwhile, she also perceived an assassination plot, not merely against specific individuals, but against the entire counterculture that was burgeoning at the time.
    "I realized that in this country we had a revolution--of housing, food, hair style, clothing, cosmetics, transportation, value systems, religion--it was an economic revolution, affecting the cosmetics industry, canned foods, the use of land; people were delivering their own babies, recycling old clothes, withdrawing from spectator sports. They were breaking the barriers where white and black could rap in 1967. This was the year of the Beatles, the summer of Sergeant Pepper, the Monterey Pop Festival, Haight-Ashbury, make your own candle and turn off the electricity, turn on with your friends and laugh--that's what life was all about."
    http://maebrussell.com/Mae%20Brussel...0Brussell.html

I think the youth revolution very much entered our minds and hearts --
    like Joan Baez and John Lennon did.

There's an old saying, "Movements end when the singing stops."

I think TPTB understand that.

Came in to see what anyone here is thinking about Paris --

Best wishes --
    Last edited by Curious77; 19th November 2015 at 01:28.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), kirolak (30th November 2015), tnkayaker (9th December 2015), william r sanford72 (19th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #242
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

Very much agree with you -- and Bill Ryan

I do sense the planning of an attempted coup de grace... we may be in a phase prior to that, right now.

Like Global Warming, we don't really know how it will play out --
    but among the Bush/Rove/Cheney people they will brag that they "create our reality and we live it -- and while we're
    living it and trying to figure out what's going on, they're creating another new reality for us."

Of course they're just thugs -- but violence has long ruled the world.

Actually, Pope Francis has been talking about our already being in WWIII -- and mentioned it again re Paris.

We lost our free press a very long time ago --
    See: Operation Mockingbird
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

In 1948, Frank Wisner was appointed director of the Office of Special Projects (OSP). Soon afterwards, OSP was renamed the Office of Policy Coordination (OPC), which became the CIA's covert action branch. Wisner was told to create an organization that concentrated on "propaganda, economic warfare; preventive direct action, including sabotage, anti-sabotage, demolition and evacuation measures; subversion against hostile states, including assistance to underground resistance groups, and support of indigenous anti-Communist elements in threatened countries of the free world".[1] Later that year, Wisner established Mockingbird, a program to influence foreign media. Wisner recruited Philip Graham from The Washington Post to run the project within the industry. According to Deborah Davis in Katharine the Great, "By the early 1950s, Wisner 'owned' respected members of The New York Times, Newsweek, CBS and other communications vehicles."[2]

This was being drafted two years before the end of WWII.

Also see: Operation Paperclip
    http://conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/project_paperclip.htm

Very few of us get up every morning thinking about how to gain control over our fellow human beings -- they do.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curious77 For This Post:

Cara (27th November 2015), kirolak (30th November 2015), moekatz (25th November 2015), tnkayaker (9th December 2015), william r sanford72 (19th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #243
    United States Avalon Member Victoria North's Avatar
    Thanks

In reading a lot of this thread, it occurs to me that a comparison between 60s/70s and now is a bit like comparing apples to oranges. It was a different world. The tools of communication were different, the economy was different, culture, general attitudes - all different.... so I'm not sure where that comparison ends up. And I'm not sure it matters. It seems that the big difference between then and now is that now, there is the ability to instantly communicate across the planet, in real time, responding to real events. This is both the good news and the bad news. The downside is that I think we're being manipulated now in a much more complete manner - through every possible channel, constantly, every day. At the same time, the connectivity has increased the ability of the manipulators to create and execute desired strategies. In the U.S., 9/11 initiated the national pants-****ting that continues to this day, creating a whole lotta people that don't mind the govt reading their emails and listening to their phone calls. Ok, so much for the freedom-loving rebel nation. Fare thee well. We hardly knew ye....

If you add to this the manufactured "global recession" that lowered wages, threatened complete economic collapse and brought a good percentage of the country to the brink of disaster, you have a population that lives in fear: of poverty, of terrorism, of anything that is not like them. And most importantly, of new thoughts, new paradigms, new energy and new awareness. Just keep watching tv, folks... The first rule of manipulating the masses is to make sure they're fully occupied with meager survival. Check.

It seems to me that what's needed now is a better way to wake people up. A better way to communicate IN PERSON and a better way to get real information that matters - not the conspiracy du jour - to those that are already awake. But it's like a fire. If you know there's a raging inferno burning all around you, you need to find a way to tell THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T KNOW.
    Last edited by Victoria North; 19th November 2015 at 17:49. Reason: typo

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Victoria North For This Post:

Cara (27th November 2015), kirolak (30th November 2015), william r sanford72 (19th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #244
    United States Avalon Member Victoria North's Avatar
    Thanks

And maybe Bill Ryan has a point about "method...." Maybe going BACK to the old methods is a better way to wake people up...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Victoria North For This Post:

william r sanford72 (19th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #245
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,807 times in 413 posts

I agree with your post, Bill.

I don't have any insights or inside information about our previous attempts to "take back the planet", but I do recognize the need and opportunity we now have to save human civilization by profoundly changing it.

How do we reach outside of the "ghetto"? I like to think that there are many millions of people who are ready to "awaken" to the difficult and opportune reality we all face today. The internet is indeed the perfect place to reach out to them in a quick and efficient manner. A forum like this can certainly help.

The question is, what are we going to reach them with? For me, I'm trying to reach people who are destined to be part of the New Message from God religion. According to our sacred teachings, 4% of the world's population must cultivate an understanding and awareness of the New Message for us to be able to shift humanity into the right direction. Finding as many of them as I can before I die is my mission. Given the important information about alien life and the transformative earth changes included in the New Message from God, I take it seriously.
    -
    The Steps to Knowledge Spiritual Practice: Hear your Spirit. Taking the steps to Knowledge ... will teach you how to listen within yourself.
    -
    The Great Waves of Change: Are you ready for what's to come?
    -
    The Best Alien Disclosure Information Around: "Though the visitors have a superior technology, the success of their entire mission rests upon their ability to persuade and to encourage human allegiance. You have the power to resist this."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to S-L For This Post:

william r sanford72 (22nd November 2015)

11. Link to Post #246
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,804 times in 875 posts

What is this "New Message from God religion" and its "sacred teachings?" Is their goal the same as your mission? How do you "shift humanity in the right direction?"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

william r sanford72 (22nd November 2015)

13. Link to Post #247
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,719 times in 7,043 posts

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    [

I think David Crowley did a great job with that. So good that he had to die before completing his job on Gray State.

He was shot along with his wife and daughter. It was declared murder suicide.

After his death, a rough cut of Gray State – The Rise was published on YouTube. This had to go out before more people involved die or before any record of this would be deleted or suppressed.

It's one of the best documentaries I have seen so far. Hard-hitting and coherent, a movie about the perils of statism and the principle of applied liberty, a lesson that needs to be taught and learned. Understandable and captivating for a mass audience that is tired of politics as of old.

Finally got around to watching this, very good documentary... not much "super" new, but it's put together in a great way.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

betoobig (25th November 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Charles Harris (28th November 2015), christian (28th November 2015), East Sun (27th November 2015), william r sanford72 (30th November 2015), wnlight (27th November 2015)

15. Link to Post #248
    Avalon Member MaidenMoonshineGrace's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello new friends,

I am very grateful to find a group like this, I feel like I have been walking in the desert for a long time, fallen to my knees many times with the hope I'd found water only to realise it was an illusion but finally this time around I have not been fooled at all.

It could take until the ice has melted, and the dinosaurs have come back from the dead for the amount of time and likelihood for us to agree on the details of how we got here and all the implications of this, and I respect those who are in search of the truth and feel such exploration is important too however I'm someone who needs to break things down to basic components to be able to talk about them with confidence.

Whatever we believe in, we can at least agree that the universe (or multiple/whatever) is made up of energy? Since we live and breathe and exist on the basis of this coming into and out of our being.

If an individual is focused on a particular objective, rugby for example, that is where his energy is, and that is where his energy goes. While he is playing he is actively engaged in that activity and is committed to sacrificing his energy for the sake of playing his best in the game. He is getting out of the game what he puts in and is accomplishing much with his time because he believes in what he is doing. That is an effective use of energy.

If another individual on the same team is focused on the fact that he isn't a good player, his energy will go into this and not the game, so the result is that he probably isn't a good player in that particular game because his attention is elsewhere, he has also wasted the potential energy and he will feel disheartened by the experience that may put a black spot on future games if he allows the energy to influence his own mind or he may be wise/lucky and realise the error or someone will kindly point this out.

There are many reasons to feel like nothing we do will ever be enough, because whilst we save a cow from slaughter, 8 more get sent in a truck to the very same place, we have to always look for the light in the darkness, otherwise we shall lose our way.
    The light is that for that one cow our efforts were worth it. And those who hear about the cow will in their own mind, be challenged. And those who get challenged, lose their grip on their reality, and when that happens people begin to question everything until finally they are open and awaking to the world around them.

It's also good to remember that we are all unique expressions of energy too. No ant, no petal, no rhino is the same as another and even conjoined twins are not grouped as one individual no matter their species. This means that within the wonderfulness of each being, we have our own set of experiences, skills and talents that we bring to the table and can offer to the community we are part of in terms of where we live and also here as an online community. This also means that each of us can offer our resources, creativity, ideas, teach, inspire etc that would give those close minds a reason to open them without going 'Oi you, sort your life out' cause subconsciously we do all know something isn't right and its very easy to forget how it felt at the beginning of waking up - very scary for those who have been conditioned all of their lives. Regardless of your religious beliefs, we must approach everything in the spirit of love because love is the only thing that will heal the wounds our species has inflicted and this includes showing love to those who cause our frustrations now because otherwise your energy is focused on your frustration which in turn only comes to bite you on the bum.

If anyone has ever experienced anxiety, they'll understand this because it is a vicious cycle that can only be stopped by finding peace of mind or calmness, as the anxiety creeps up your body or in your mind, the more you acknowledge it, the more it becomes an issue until you have a panic attack and your body naturally

Many of us are only just finding our feet and need to catch up with the level of knowledge that others on this site have, so that we can keep up and say that we are informed enough to understand the basics so they we know what each individual is working towards in their immediate community and offer supportive information to help that individual succeed by offering non bias information

It's important to believe in ourselves, imagine if Robinhood had let the negative thoughts that what he was doing wouldn't make any difference, then perhaps none of us would have the courage to stand up for injustices today?

The fact that we are here collectively working towards a beautiful goal of peace, truth, bring a stop to injustices because we all individually recognise the importance of doing so, in a calm, loving environment - do you realise how much of a miracle that is?

I am in the company of individuals who despite their walks of life, culture, age, dispositions, spiritual beliefs etc are all here joined unitedly as one group to act upon the injustices in this world against beings of any status, which in itself is a miracle!!! Please recognise yourselves individually as heros.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MaidenMoonshineGrace For This Post:

Atlas (8th December 2015), Bill Ryan (27th November 2015), Cara (27th November 2015), christian (28th November 2015), kirolak (30th November 2015), Shannon (30th November 2015), tnkayaker (9th December 2015), william r sanford72 (30th November 2015)

17. Link to Post #249
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

The layers to the onion are always multi-level. There is forever an alchemical transmutation at work affecting the Common Reality.

It becomes impossible to answer the question, "Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?" without going behind the mirrors and looking at the nature of the silver coating causing the reflection.

A better question would be, "what is the significant difference in what influences the two countercultures?" I would have to answer, none....

The Common Reality of the '60s was manipulated by the very same Global-Elite-Agenda/Extra-Dimensional-Influence that has been the Transmuting-Alchemical-Mechanism-Process, since the Dawn of Man. The contemporary Global-Intelligence-Community is an integral part of that formula.

Exposing this knowledge is [probably] what killed Dave McGowan:
    Last edited by observer; 29th November 2015 at 20:12. Reason: add text

18. Link to Post #250
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Talking about Joan, I grew up with Gabe, her son, I've been to her house in Woodside and let me tell you she's got some sweet antiques. Gabe and I have been to many shows together, cool guy. I'm posting this not to gloat but to get your mind off other things...

19. Link to Post #251
    Avalon Member MaidenMoonshineGrace's Avatar
    Thanks

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaidenMoonshineGrace For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), moekatz (7th December 2015), TargeT (3rd December 2015), william r sanford72 (3rd December 2015)

21. Link to Post #252
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 times in 297 posts

It's easy to so much of what has emerged from the 60s and 70s counter culture is a distraction, but "truthers" need a bit of inspiration now and then because we see all the lies and deception so easily and that can get you down occasionally. Many of us turn to the internet for a bit of soft channeling or cosmic chatter sometimes. That's OK. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Yes, there is a lot of denial among the purple people of the old new age movement and is certainly not the best example of all that emerged out of the 60s - 70s counter culture. But without that movement, we wouldn't be where we are today. It paved the way for the consciousness movement that has the cabal scared sh@#less. For that, we should be thankful.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Andre For This Post:

william r sanford72 (8th December 2015)

23. Link to Post #253
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

hey Bill love the thread/post sir im still shakey after my house nearly burning down last night I put it out myself being a former firefighter but I want to leave you with these two thoughts the first is a video from the movie Across the Universe I love story set to all Beatles music this is Let It Be sung with heart and love, this movie just moves me again and again, this is my second thought, with the technology they have today like a drone reading a dime from a 100 miles away the way to heal this world is through more great music , im moving back north as soon as I can save moving funds to go back to be with this group of friends I met when going to guitar school back in the late 90s going to put aband together and maybe finally my lyrics might be heard not to mention paying homage to some of the great music and musicians that influenced me (too many to mention here right now) peace,dennis... https://youtu.be/7gPjGuC6CFQ
    Last edited by tnkayaker; 8th December 2015 at 10:06.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

william r sanford72 (8th December 2015)

25. Link to Post #254
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,020 times in 1,313 posts

So it has taken me a long while to read through all the posts and watch or visit the linked content people have shared. It's a wide and spacious thread with so much given and shared. Thank you everyone... Some posts have been inspiring, some challenging, and most were filled with hope. This, I think, is in itself is some evidence that things might be going more positively than expected.

I don't post much at all here on PA but while I read I thought about my grandmother and about how her life might have some useful themes for us on this thread.

First some information about her. She turned 100 this year in October. She is South African (as am I) and has been living her whole life in Johannesburg. She was born during the First World War, lived through the second and then all the "revolution" / cultural change in South Africa. She was one of the first women to go to university in the 1930s and after her husband died in the mid 1960s lived a full and busy life, traveling to many parts of the world. One of the many wonderful things about her (to me at least) is how she has "moved with the times". In many ways she is more modern than some of the people I meet of my own age (who are 60 years younger).

More pertinent to this post is that for many years she worked towards creating the change she wanted in the world. For example,

1. Even today, living on a small pension that has had to stretch way beyond the predicted date of her death, she contributes monthly to a charity called African Children's Feeding Scheme, which provides basic meals to undernourished children.
    2. For many years, she stood on street corners with a collection box for this charity (she's a little old and decrepit nowadays to do this in her walker)
    3. For about 30 years, she worked as a volunteer teacher in an outreach programme that teaches literacy to those who were denied this basic education by the Apartheid government. She "handed the baton" to my mother who has also volunteered and still works for this programme (and has done for 20 years).
    4. She marched with the Black Sash (a women's movement in the 50s and 60s that wore a black sash over their shoulders, hence the name) in their famous March to Pretoria to protest the racist rulings of the Apartheid government.
    5. She voted each and every election for the political party that would "never" win against the Apartheid government National Party (this very small opposition political party was first called the Independent Party, then I think the Progressive Federal Party)... [we on Avalon here today would say "don't vote, the whole thing is rigged", but in South Africa in those days, voting for the very small and marginalized PFP party was in its way a kind of dissent)

I am sure she did a lot more that she has forgotten to tell us grandchildren about!

What I find most inspiring about all this (and I would not count my grandmother as one of the one's who has woken up... though I have not spoken with her about it, so don't really know) is that she DID things. Sure I may have disagreed with some of her choices about the what and I could also argue "What difference did she really make in the big scheme of things?". But, she played her hand as best she could with the resources she had (mostly her time and knowledge) and she took a stand and did something.

Of course, I am biased because I very much love my grandmother but I think she changed the world and culture in her way. Okay, she did not singlehandedly bring down Apartheid or come up with a new invention that would revolutionize the world, but she did things that impacted the people around her, which in turn would have cascaded outwards to more change.

This, I think, is how culture changes. Each individual that IS and DOES differently impacts those around them which can all add up to quite a big shift.

P.S. I would also like to add, I think stories of ordinary people doing what they believe in are helpful and inspiring... I think more stories about what people are doing with their new knowledge would be wonderful to add momentum to the change.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

TargeT (8th December 2015), tnkayaker (8th December 2015), william r sanford72 (8th December 2015)

27. Link to Post #255
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,020 times in 1,313 posts

And another post (it's a bonanza post day for me ) in answer to Bill's question... How is the counter revolution doing?

Here are some categories that I think the world's people fall into (just a rough on the fly categorisation, I am sure it could be improved):
    1. I think there are people waking up, so the truthers and alt media are being successful in that to some degree. (Yes there is lots of dis info and controlled alt media but people are still waking up from the mass media myopia)
    2. Some people have changed their lives quite radically and gone on to experiment with different ways of life, projects etc. (many great examples shared in this thread and all over PA).
    3. Other people are stuck in the conundrum of how to bridge the "consensus reality" with this new information (I count myself in this group) and still live life with integrity
    4. Some people are overwhelmed with the shock and anger over the deception and, unfortunately, some have slid into apathy not knowing how to respond to such an all encompassing war against their humanity and sovereign selves
    5. Some people have become fixated in finding the full truth, perhaps to the exclusion of doing something more proactive in the world. Although this might keep people behind their computers, this is, I think, an understandable response to being deceived so comprehensively and, in its way, is a very active pursuit for those involved. For some I think the (conscious or unconscious intention) here is "I will find out everything so they can never deceive me again".
    6. Then there is the "carrying on as usual' group: Most people are still on the treadmill of life, some unhappy and shaken by the state of the world (war, terror, disease, etc.), and others blissfully unaware.
    7. Finally, there is the enormous group of people who are too destitute, poor, bombed, attacked to even worry about all this. They are just trying to find the next meal and avoid being caught up in some warlord's or corrupt politicians schemes.

In my corporate life we would often try to put numbers on things to get a handle on what the scale of something was. So here is a thought experiment:

If I had to guess at the numbers of people in each category above... With the world represented by 1,000,000 people (and using the same numbering as above):
    1. Waking up - 500
    2. Changed their lives - 5
    3. Stuck with what to do differently - 15
    4. Overwhelmed by the deceit - 400
    5. Fixated on finding truth - 80
    6. Carry on as usual - 499,000, of which 199,000 upset with the war, terror etc., and 300,000 blissfully ignorant
    7. Destitute and at basic survival - 500,000

These are just my gut feel guesses... I am sure others will have different views.

I think some reading this might look at figures 1 to 5 above as set against the the 1,000,000 and be very dismayed but I think the 500,000 destitute and poor are not really accessible to the counter culture right now given their desperate straits - this doesn't mean we should ignore them: in fact, it is evidence for how important it is to change the world. But if we set aside these people as "audience" to wake up and involve directly in counter culture, we have the remaining 500,000 to use as a kind of gut feel population for the thought experiment.

So,
    1. 500 out of 500,000 are waking up...
    2. 5 out of 500,000 have changed their lives significantly
    3. 15 out of 500,000 are stuck with what to do differently
    4. 400 out of 500,000 are overwhelmed by the deceit
    5. 80 out of 500,000 are fixated in finding the out the truth
    6. 499,000 out of 500,000 are carrying on as usual, with 199,000 upset by the world's events and the remaining 300,000 blissfully ignorant

If you work with the above - or some modified more validated version of the above (as I said it's just a gut guess), I think there are some questions to consider:

- how to help the 15 (category 3 above) find something to DO with their new knowledge? Could they become part of the active force driving the counter culture?
    - how to help the 400 (category 4 above) who are overwhelmed by the deceit? What could help them take back their power and become active instead of overwhelmed?
    - how to get in touch with the 199,000 (category 6 a above) who are carrying on as usual but unhappy with the world? Alt media is part of this... What else is there?

Those for me would be the priorities... The others will find their way or be impacted by the changes in people around them I think. I am sure other members here will have different opinions.

*I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

TargeT (8th December 2015), tnkayaker (17th December 2015), william r sanford72 (8th December 2015)

29. Link to Post #256
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Some thoughts on the present situation.

There seems to be many different worldviews but we can reduce them to two main ones: The Babylonian worldview and the new agers worldview.

Using the word Babylonian shows this view is ancient, has is the new ager’s. Using a religious language, we would say good and evil, the opposite/complementary forces of creation.

The Babylonian’s goal is self-interest, domination of others through any means necessary (“Power is the greatest aphrodisiac” H Kissinger). As history shows this worldview have succeeded throughout time but because it is self-destructive (domination creates enemies) it eventually cycles from success to chaos.

The New Ager view has been around for as long, it was present in the mystery religions, the gnosis, the Cathars, and the Age of Aquarius movement of the sixties.

As our concept of the universe has grown the earth as gotten smaller. The internet is a new planetary nervous system and its function is to coordinate the different parts of humanity’s body.

Recognizing this situation and being better organized, the Babylonian team quickly seized the opportunity. Creating fear, they are trying to heard the population into supporting their version of a new One World Order.

In the eighties and nineties, the dream of a New World Order based on collaboration and the best human qualities that ignited the New Agers in the sixties faded has they realized nothing had changed. This became even more evident with the presidency of Georges W Bush.

When Obama appeared on the seen with his electrifying discourse, hope was reignited not only in the US but all around the planet. Everyone on this side of the divide routed for him, but it was short lived as everyone quickly realized words and deeds were worlds apart. Activism seemed to lead nowhere, for many desperation set in.

The New Ager movement split in two directions, the spiritualists and the conspirationists. Part of the spiritualist believe good intentions are enough and we are transitioning into 4th or 5th dimension, this is inevitable because of galactic energies. Others are looking for a savior, ET’s, Christ, Bashar, etc.

The conspirationists seem to have practically given up on positive activism and seem to be hoping for a meltdown of the despotic NWO through self-destruction, coming from the wealth imbalance in society. Meanwhile they view their role as Truth Informers whose role is to awaken the masses to the imminent danger of enslavement.

How it will playout in this particular season remains to be seen. We are moving into a New World Order whether we like it or not. It could be as the New Agers see it an age of enlightenment, meaning collaboration and harmony, or it could be serfdom as a consequence of a preprogrammed financial meltdown. We seem to be coming to a time where world events are precipating.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yves Godin For This Post:

Cara (11th December 2015), tnkayaker (17th December 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2015)

31. Link to Post #257
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Dear Friends,

I want to start a discussion on the counterculture today.

I've said many times that we've had two chances before in history to take back the planet.
    • The first was 2,000 years ago, and that was taken over and failed.
    • The second was in the '60s and early '70s. That also failed.
    The third is now. We won't get a fourth chance.

This thread is inspired by my spending yesterday evening watching videos of Joan Baez in the 60s. I could have gone on to watch protest songs, marches and speeches all night. It was a mighty attempt to wake up the world and take back the planet.

How are we doing now?

The internet, which the '60s counterculture never had, is our greatest asset, and also our greatest weakness.

It's used against us in a myriad ways... to surveil us in depth and detail, and also DISTRACT us. Watching YouTube videos made by other counterculture activists is just more TV. It's informative only to a point, but keeps us as inactive consumers glued to our couches.

The alternative interview circuit is just as incestuous. We have literally hundreds of radio shows in which the same people are interviewed over and again. Little is actually accomplished.

At least in the 60s and 70s, the movement was on mainstream TV everywhere. In the words of Disclosure activist Stephen Basset, we've all been herded into a kind of ghetto, and all we do is talk to each other behind walls which the world outside cannot see through. We're afraid of the outside world, and the outside world is afraid of us. That's how ghettos function.

We feel as if we're busy, and sometimes feel good about ourselves, but most often we're just wheel-spinning. All we're doing, to a large extent, is occupying our time and PREVENTING ourselves from making any real difference.

I'm even doing this right now. I'm sitting on my computer, pretty much preaching to the choir... I am not out there this morning planting trees.

The assumed realities of the alternative media are also very worrying. We have to wake up to this... in my strong opinion. Or else we may fail again. This is, for instance, why I
    1. Support the work of Alex Jones and David Icke. They are focused on real-world political realities.
    2. Support the work of Rebekah Roth, whose popular books on 9/11 have reached way outside the ghetto, and are waking up regular members of the public. (They really are. She gets letters every day from Mr and Mrs Everyman, who never knew.)
    But we are (in my opinion) WAY WAY WAY too preoccupied with (and often diverted and distracted by) ethereal concepts like 'Wave X', CERN (I am NOT convinced, at all, that it's anything other than a supercollider), the possible mystical effects of comets and Blood Moons, channeled messages from 'Ascended Masters', unprovable subjective recall and perception, and multidimensional phenomena that may or may not have any reality at all.

(Coast to Coast AM radio shows these days are usually just about the above, and avoid political reality like a hot potato. Never think that these are anything other than 90% entertainment. Their mission is NOT activism of any kind.)

And don't let's even start on Blue Avians.

Joan Baez and Bob Dylan never sung about any of that.

Do please comment.

Hi this is my first comment on Avalon forum. So please take this with a grain of salt. By the way the world would exist very different if we did not have salt. I see all 4he comments on how we now have a chance to evolve as a species which includes everything in the universe. This time around after many other attempts. We will be there very soon. it will happen. No doubt. Whonose.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whonose For This Post:

Cara (11th December 2015), tnkayaker (17th December 2015), william r sanford72 (16th December 2015)

33. Link to Post #258
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

love the post ryan thanks for commenting on my posts reagarding billy reddon, peace dennis
    Last edited by tnkayaker; 14th December 2015 at 03:12.

34. Link to Post #259
    Thanks

Dear Bill; Plant seeds no trees.
    Please do what you do best; inspire people; to plant seeds of trees

There will be a fourth and a fifth...i promise.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samson For This Post:

Eram (13th January 2016), take (4th March 2016), tnkayaker (16th December 2015)

36. Link to Post #260
    Thanks

You and only you have got what it takes.
    The rest is dead...i can give you a list of dead people.
    We Will join them without a doubt.
    But youve got it!
    The blood pumpin
    The ears listening
    The eyes...
    The brains
    Stop nagging about being tired of saying thank you.
    This single topic is worth 10 oscar winning movies....
    The faith the beautiful ppl youve gathered here.
    The devotion...
    There is a peanutmovie in the cinema right now.

No one ever said it would be easy to teach your children well.

You must have had to much or too little air up there in the Alpes.
    But WE listen! There is nothing but total honesty coming out of each breath you share.

I cant thank you enough for that. We cant. You might think its virtual...its eternal!

Thank you Bill.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samson For This Post:

Eram (13th January 2016), moekatz (23rd December 2015), tnkayaker (16th December 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 3 13 14 LastLast