+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14 LastLast

Thread: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

1. Link to Post #61
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

For some time now, I have had the intention of concentrating and focusing all my energies on how we can have peace on earth for everyone.

But not just now and not just for a little while, but forever more.

My heart tells me that this is the only way through this. I feel this with every heart-beat and every breath I draw.

I know that I cannot allow myself to be distracted for even just one moment...

And I also know that I cannot do this on my own.

There IS an overall answer to our situation on earth, we just don't know what it is yet.

I believe with all my heart and all my soul that if we begin to collaborate on ideas together - right here, right now - that we will eventually get there.

We just need to have a laser-like beam of intent going in that direction and that direction alone.

In the meantime, all my efforts go into inspiring and uplifting myself and others so that we can begin that journey.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), astridmari (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), EvoAwa (1st October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), golden lady (1st October 2015), Hawkwind (6th October 2015), Hazelfern (1st October 2015), Loveisall21 (1st October 2015), Nasu (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), The Alley Cat (1st October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), Valley (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

3. Link to Post #62
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Default Re: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

Agreed. Last chance. And the best information we have had to date wkll develop in the next few weeks as the American oligarchy tries to spin the new approach in the middle east. The disinformation will be extreme and try to agitate as many westerners as possible to aggression in small ways between friends at coffee shops and other ways as we have just seen in china with yet another attack. How many regular people will be intelligent enouh to see through the bull****?

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Erich For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), animovado (1st October 2015), astridmari (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), EvoAwa (2nd October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), mosquito (1st October 2015), Nasu (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (1st October 2015), The Alley Cat (1st October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

5. Link to Post #63
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

1) In 2005-2015 we sucessfuly decentralized the media. Mainstream circulation is now in freefall.

2) We have now realized the alt media was co-opted too, and are finding our way out of that trap.

3) 2015-2025, my goal is to decentralize and fragment finance. Can we do to finance what we did to the media? Every human being has a dream: Artist, farmer, musician, water purifier, teacher. But it's hard to get on the crowdfunding ladder. That's why we are coding some microfinance portals. Microcrowdfunding sites that help people crowdfund amounts *lower* than 100USD. There's enough room for everyone in the microcrowdfunding world, so maybe people could visualize and act along those lines.

Just an idea.

P.S. One of the main reasons the 60s and 70s efforts didn't reach critical mass was because they took too many controlled substances, and couldn't execute on their plans. But the hippies of the 60s and 70s are still around now, and could offer guidance, wisdom and advice to those of us working on liberation now.

I wrote this short essay a year ago, comparing Poland 1944 with America 2014. I wrote it to wind people up. When you see America, read "modern people in general"

https://medium.com/@Frodonomics2015/...s-d593a8c626ef
    Last edited by Daozen; 1st October 2015 at 01:47.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), animovado (1st October 2015), astridmari (1st October 2015), Becky (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), EvoAwa (2nd October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), johnh (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), take (7th October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), TraineeHuman (3rd October 2015), Valley (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

7. Link to Post #64
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 349 posts

Never underestimate the chutzpah of one pissed off German dyke.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Constance (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Just as our body gets trapped in fear and other base emotions and chemistry, that lead to limited and ineffective action (Carmody describes this with far more practiced words than I do), similarly our mind gets trapped in rationalizations and words and boxed in verbalization's of thought, that limit the growth and adaption of our awareness and understanding.

I would not so much lament that we spend too much time talking amongst ourselves, and too little time having effect in the "real" world (though that lament is all too well founded), as I would suggest that both awareness and action are needed.

Watching my cat, I notice that she has dozens of places she likes to rest, and over a month, will visit them all sooner or later. I imagine that it's a useful habit for a cat to have, for one never knows out of which hiding spot the next meal might come, unaware that a cat is resting, but alert, near by. My cat's habits are unnecessary in her case, as her food bowl is well stocked, but such details do not change the instinctive habits of a cat.

The combination of (1) alert awareness, watching, from various vantage points and (2) swift action, when the opportunity arises, are excellent habits for cats to have, over the millenia. Neither of these by themselves, whether just sitting forever and not acting on opportunity, nor racing around poking in every nook and cranny, would serve as well as the combination.

Both (1) understanding and awareness attained through patient and persistent observation, and (2) swift action when the opportunity presents itself, are essential elements of survival.

Of course, what is "opportunity" will depend on both the observer, his or her awareness and his or her talents, and on the situation.

P.S. -- and of course, like cats playing and racing about for no particular reason, talents can and should be developed (which is not to say that pigs should practice singing.)
    I hope I am aiming at what is real under the surface of the collective definitions. I think we are all just liike cats...living just as we are. I also think the original psyop is that this is a problem REALLY.

My 60's happened in the 70's. It was me living in my world at the time late teens early 20's. I self identified as counter culture.

I had great ideals then that we were on the brink of world sanity: the cabal was Ignorance itself.

I did not change all my ideals. My idea and still is that we not throw anything away but make everything valuable.

I felt very much then and NOW that I was influenced by never enough.... the need to succeed. My experience of being a person was coming from a guilt of being in the world. The themes in my "world" then really have not changed. Conditions and themes have not changed since the Birds was written 2000 years ago. Does that mean we are failures because the themes are the same?

I think we swing on a pendulum that has the same self serving quality as ever....we all participate in maintaining it. We cannot escape the pendulum while on it. It is not that we are to blame but we are responsible. It feels good in a way for those who know how to get energy from it.

If while swinging, we give weight to the polar opposite of where the swing is heading, we slow it only. Vadim Zeland and his like elucidate principles like the one of the pendulum.

Quote A pendulum is a certain system, entity, idea which requires outside energy to continue. Some examples might be a government, an organization, a person controlled by anger (whereby the “anger” or irritated feeling would be the pendulum). A person can generate energy in and of himself, whereas a pendulum needs others’ in order to exist. A government is a concept people created, it would not exist without people feeding their energy into it. It gets your fear by threatening you for not following it, with prison, fines, etc. Your fear supports its continued existence.

In order to control or choose one’s own reality, we have to stop giving energy to negative pendulums. This means, stopping worry, fear, and doubt as they only bring the undesired. They unite the spirit and the mind in their loathing, which causes that which we dread to come all the faster.
    https://voiceofmyancestors.wordpress...s-transurfing/

IMO, causes exist and it is not horrid to feed the system as the proponents one way and another feel better. I know angry is a way to act strong. Activists can rage against the wrongs while perhaps using the same methods and sharing same intentions. Activism wages war on war and hates racists, either ignoring the humanity of often belittling members of opposing groups.

Extreme activists would wipe the bad ones off the face of the planet. Good riddance to the "negative others" if only we had the chance. The inability for ideals to translate as "each to their own" and in moderation is why IMO the idealism of cultures for their polarized ends are bound to create wars as means to vanquiah. Sorrow is expected in living the revolution.

Quote Don't interrupt the sorrow
    Joni Mitchel

Don't interrupt the sorrow
    Darn right
    In flames our prophet witches
    Be polite
    A room full of glasses
    He says "Your notches, liberation doll"
    And he chains me with that serpent
    To that Ethiopian wall

Anima rising
    Queen of Queens
    Wash my guilt of Eden
    Wash and balance me
    Anima rising
    Uprising in me tonight
    She's a vengeful little goddess
    With an ancient crown to fight

Truth goes up in vapors
    The steeples lean
    Winds of change patriarchs
    Snug in your bible belt dreams
    God goes up the chimney
    Like childhood Santa Claus
    The good slaves love the good book
    A rebel loves a cause

I'm leaving on the 1:15
    You're darn right
    Since I was seventeen
    I've had no one over me
    He says "Anima rising
    So what
    Petrified wood process
    Tall timber down to rock"

Don't interrupt the sorrow
    Darn right
    He says "We walked on the moon
    You be polite"
    Don't let up the sorrow
    Death and birth and death and birth
    He says "Bring that bottle kindly
    And I'll pad your purse
    I've got a head full of quandary
    And a mighty mighty thirst"

Seventeen glasses
    Rhine wine
    Milk of the Madonna
    Clandestine
    He don't let up the sorrow
    He lies and he cheats
    It takes a heart like Mary's these days
    When your man gets weak
    Any "counterculture" is just the way a culture has a polar complement. The main meme always operating is about how lowly humanity needs fixing. Humans are greedy uncaring and causing all the problems imaginable. There is never enough for everyone and so competition is always at work.

The major reason the counterculture will always fail is that it does not exist outside the system it fights.

People switch systems unconsciously but are jut as believing.
    Early counter culture activists opting for the "future" as would be "good" parents jump on the pendulum of "adult responsibility" and try to make ends meet for instance.

I believe that humans are experiencing life for much larger reason that culture and counter culture. We are humans so have human reasons that IMO are about seeing how this scene is constructed. We are learning about creation itself IMO. We imagine from the past into the future. We use our imaginations but we use the pendulums scripts as our map.

We are learning IMO in a hard set of challenges we set up. We are taught that we must become good. Then the crazy world makes that impossible. Since it easier to pretend to "act good" for show than "be good" by definitions we learn naturally, we pretend and we project evil on others because of our pretense. This makes us further defensive. All of that inauthentic projecting is exhausting.

It is MORE than a revolutionary act to just stand still as a person stripped bare of pretense.

What it feels like to love and trust in our own value as we are under any circumstance is the prize IMO.

One addition to the present generation's knowledge base is a more wide spread question about how the individual is a creator. If we fully embrace the depth of this activity, we MIGHT stop the pendulum swing by getting off? IMO, this is why we get more free as our beliefs systems are challenged and dismantled. Belief systems all create pendulums.

Edit:

And though there is information I dislike...GMOs for example, I am committed to having flexible beliefs that serve me

But I am certain I need only just eat what organic nonGMO I can and choose that and talk up fresh local produce and eat my garden weeds. I also am certain a wicked sense of humor is black and loamy nourishment for the human.

Because I am Human, I trump circumstance with consciousness. I am empowered and need not fight toxins because I also KNOW that as a human, I can learn how to alchemize anything. I have acted on this experiment with tobacco and coffee as a staple in my diet (hehe) ... to be certain I am.........so far so good.
    Last edited by Delight; 1st October 2015 at 02:24.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), astridmari (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), earthdreamer (7th October 2015), Hervé (1st October 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), Loveisall21 (1st October 2015), Nasu (1st October 2015), Orph (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), The Alley Cat (1st October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

11. Link to Post #66
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,438 times in 3,321 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Further thoughts. I think we're seeing an unhealthy, collective neurosis. I'm serious. I think it's a sort of malady... to put it starkly, a kind of very mild mental illness, that's largely harmless but does create an energy drain on those around them, and is a load for the community to carry.
    Tony Wright - Author of Left in the dark has something very interesting to say about this.

He starts off by saying -

"Suppose for a moment the whole of humanity had varying degrees of dementia, how and where would you look for clues bearing in mind you would also have dementia?

A game for all the family, try it for real if you dare."

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), EvoAwa (2nd October 2015), LittleTree (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

13. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Here's how the 70s counterculture was dealt with. Really... this is what happened.

Every Avalon member should watch this. It's a stunning documentary (the 3rd part of a 4 part series). One of the best, and most important, I've ever seen.

Source: Watch on Vimeo

Source: https://vimeo.com/10245146
    Ý
    I see why you recommended that we all watch that Bill. I'm going to send that video link to a few people I know as it's pretty eye opening as far as the 60's and the "social engineering" that went on, the Freudian/Reich mind sets, etc.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), EvoAwa (2nd October 2015), Laura Elina (17th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

15. Link to Post #68
    Thanks

The ways I see it as a person born after the 90s is that most young people these days are so entrenched into the “Supposed Way of Life” that they don’t want to change.

The understand/feeling I got from talking to most people my age (i.e. close friends, acquaintances, family members, etc) are:

- either they don’t care
    - they simply are perfectly happy where things are at
    - or they never think about life’s fundamental questions (i.e. Why are we here on Earth, etc)

I know “The youth is the hope of our future”… But young people these days have to realize from within and recognize for themselves that there is something wrong with our society… If they are fine with our society being just the way it is, then they will not become aware of many important things and will disregard a lot of valuable information that is not taught in our education system…

Also, I am in my 20s, people my age have a lot of things going on (i.e. from school to securing a job, etc). If we don’t have income, we cannot make change… Since everything we do cost money…

The only way to make this easier is to get in touch with people of like mind and start a grass-root community…

On the positive note, there are young folks out there that are aware of things… But we are all so far away from each other, which make it very hard to get in touch personally…
    Last edited by EvoAwa; 11th October 2015 at 01:30.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to EvoAwa For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), Constance (1st October 2015), golden lady (1st October 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), Laura Elina (17th October 2015), Loveisall21 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

17. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member johnh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote If one thinks that me making a post in such a forum, is something I can just do, with no consequence....you're sadly mistaken. The levels of interference in my life take a real uptick, when I do such things.
    Carmody

Quote Off-topic, but what you describe is part of the mystery of predation. Predation actually increases the intelligence of both the predator and the prey.
    Silkie

This, in my opinion, points to the root of the problem. Predators/parasites. If the prey cannot see,
    smell, or hear, or feel the predator, (meaning not knowing directly in some way) but only knows its presence by inference then it will gradually just go round in circles, go insane until the death blow, which describes our condition. I think we are wising up to a highly intelligent unseen enemy - there are lots of hints in this forum and in the muddied waters of the internet. And in my own life.

To answer Bill's question, I would say that we are a bit further ahead this time, but it's close so very
    close. Nowadays the media is desperately encouraging our worst qualities to make us silently hate ourselves and ruin our critical thinking. The influence has become so subtle, so layered and clever, lies upon lies. They taunt us and distract us from so many directions.

May goodness and Godness spring forth.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnh For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Loveisall21 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), Selkie (1st October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

19. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,845 times in 876 posts

Today's counterculture crowd is better because it includes a spiritual and intellectual component. The 1960s, as I lived through it, derived from the advent of the birth control pills. It was party hardy celebrations of sexual debauchery, fed by CIA recreational drugs, commingled with dribs and drabs of intellectual rationalizations and Merry Pranksters spirituality.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Delight (1st October 2015), Loveisall21 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), Selkie (1st October 2015), take (7th October 2015), ThePythonicCow (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

21. Link to Post #71
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    I think we swing on a pendulum
    Oscillating action - the essential element of self-organizing layers - at all levels.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

4evrneo (1st October 2015), animovado (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Delight (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), Selkie (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

23. Link to Post #72
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,382 times in 5,726 posts

Quote Posted by grannyfranny100 (here)
    Today's counterculture crowd is better because it includes a spiritual and intellectual component. The 1960s, as I lived through it, derived from the advent of the birth control pills. It was party hardy celebrations of sexual debauchery, fed by CIA recreational drugs, commingled with dribs and drabs of intellectual rationalizations and Merry Pranksters spirituality.
    Thanks for the memory.
    Oh Joy, the plethora of free... all good times with people I met. It was intense and dramatic with deep existential depressions writing poems.

All the joy of being really naive and everything new happens. Must I subscribe to the idea that I was a victim of a tragic psyop in my stoned good times listening to Crosoby Still and Nash...full volume dancing.

I loved my lifestyle. I am still loving what I love now.

Do I disappoint the world (like it matters anyway?) by what I love?
    Did I waste my youth?
    Paranoia thinks I may have wasted it all.
    Pronoia is laughing at the thought.

Paranoia and Pronoia are polar opposites.
    In the middle is the one of us we are, the Innocence.
    Paradox: I am innocent by birthright but I am fully responsible.
    I am in a life and I make choices

I prefer being peaceful and I act that way most of the time.
    But what if I chose Vengence, the curse of pride and rage.
    I could be capable of war.....
    I think I have been all ends of the spectrum.
    I choose to let go and I claim maturity....
    Just to say OK, that's that...and I move on, I move on in forgiveness, I let go, no blame.

I forget about this condition.

That is IMO love in action. Love is when we borrow all the power of creation and give our whole hearted energy to what is now.
    Then loves manifests what we contributed.

My wrydness brought me to this party.
    If I get dirty, as they say, or just because its fun, I promise to take a bath.
    My Pronoia wallows in harmlessness and temporary soil without guilt.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), earthdreamer (7th October 2015), EvoAwa (2nd October 2015), grannyfranny100 (2nd October 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), Ivanhoe (3rd October 2015), Loveisall21 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), RUSirius (1st October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

25. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

Greater personal integrity with more walking and less talking is my aim these days............
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), Constance (1st October 2015), Delight (1st October 2015), EvoAwa (2nd October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), golden lady (1st October 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), Selkie (1st October 2015), sijohn (1st October 2015), take (7th October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

27. Link to Post #74
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by Delight (here)
    All the joy of being really naive and everything new happens. Must I subscribe to the idea that I was a victim of a tragic psyop in my stoned good times listening to Crosby Still and Nash...full volume dancing.
    No way! Hang on to that memory and never let it loose. They were great times, and hold my fondest memories, especially as a kid. I am constantly teased in the work place for my age (but then I am a loudmouth with a dry wit so perhaps I beg for it). I counter the teasing by asking these younger folk where they were in the sixties and seventies, when most of them were not so much as thought about. Now that question makes no sense, and that is where I am heading, as when they cock there heads like a dog in absolute bemusement, I draw to their attention to the fact that there lives are that much poorer for having missed the opportunity to be around at that time. Not one of them bothers to counter the suggestion. I, for one, will hopefully continue to grow older drawing upon the experience, and being happier, and a whole lot cheekier for it.

And yes, I still hammer Crosby, Stills and Nash!

Get up and dance Delight!

Woo Hoo,

Tony.

28. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,049 times in 2,398 posts

Just this morning, before ever getting round to sitting down and plugging in, I was driving back home when I found myself engaged in a process of thoughts about the world and it's people. The first thread I see is this one and it seemed most pertinent, at least to me. So here it is, padded a bit to fill in gaps perhaps skipped over in my own version.

It started with the inkling that we have been fed the idea of a saviour since earliest times. Every religion shoved it down the throat of anyone who would listen and did it so often it had to be absorbed and adopted. Even if you didn't want to listen you might be forced to or just disposed of. Only one mainstream spiritual leader said any different and yet still the people made idols of him to be knelt before and offered prayer. The concept persists still, metamorphised into good ET's. Its ingrained in humanities psyche, and welcomed by a major part of you that you identify with. A part so small that one day you will struggle to undestand how it ever came to be that way.

Even if every religion was born of a genuine enlightened being with a legitimate message to humanity it was quickly co-opted by other forces for other ends. We can suspect today that all religions were, from the perspective of mass conciousness, just control systems. It took an enquiring student some effort to discern the contents, seperating the wheat from the chaff.

Then I began to look for solutions and saw the masses with their placards, confronting them the plexi-shields and tear gas. In the background, in opulent surroundings, men with brandy and cigars. The newsreels playing a song we've all seen a hundred times or more. It didn't matter what I came up with, 'Guerrilla Gardening', 'Awareness Meetings', 'Online Petitions', all good things in their own right, there was always one thing defeated them. Mass apathy.

At least action is better than nothing, perhaps, but one problem always seems to be missed. The main problem, that lies within us, each and every one; and I say this as one fully aware of the lengths I go to to avoid doing any work on myself, despite the nagging of some 'split' in conciousness. I keep hearing more and more are awkening to the truth, but sadly I think it is just more lies. Not that they are awakening, but that what they are awakening to is more of the same. In Plato's Cave there are now a whole a row of the chained that have felt their bonds loosen slightly, they may be able to take more in but what sense can they make of it? What action could they possibly take that would free themselves and in so doing loosen the chains of the countless rows of the still firmly shackled. Don't forget, one of those rows perhaps even contains those we perceive as enemies.

This may be the most relevant time to start looking within for the answers, and not outside for solutions. I hope I succeed myself but I fear I have already surrendered to helplessness. Don't be like me.

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), awakeningmom (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), Constance (1st October 2015), earthdreamer (7th October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), Ki's (4th October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), take (7th October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

30. Link to Post #76
    South Africa Avalon Member arwen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,582 times in 661 posts

Excellent post and question, Bill, and very timeous. I happen to agree. You know my personal experience - I attempted to get this kind of awareness into the mainstream, and was shut down and marginalized very quickly.

I also prefer the more real world approaches to some degree, to the "love and light" sites, which is NOT to say that I do not have a deeply spiritual approach to life. It is just that I see so much of the counterculture filled with exactly the same errors as the mainstream.

I found this list to be VERY succinct, and it just so happens I independently arrived at a very similar (not identical) list based on simply examining examples, which I put in my book, and termed "Argumentative fallacy", suggesting they teach this in mainstream institutions. LOL, no wonder they shut me down (by buying out my original publishing company, and then charging an outrageous price to make the book inaccessible to ordinary people, and then blacklisting me from any further employment in this field, despite the fact that I have a Masters' degree in Information Science, and highly rated experience and skills).

In support of your post, I am going to extract the list from this site which I highly recommend a visit to, as it outlines superbly how the Tavistock Institute controls not only the mainstream, but also alternative narratives. It is my view that any counterculture will not succeed until the general public really, truly grasp and learn to apply this:

Here is the list:

Quote Techniques of propaganda generation

A number of techniques which are based on social psychological research have been used to generate propaganda. These include:

Appeal to authority: Appeals to authority cite prominent figures in support of a position idea, argument, or course of action.

Appeal to fear: Appeals to fear seek to build support by instilling fear in the general population, for example, Joseph Goebbels exploited Theodore Kaufman's Germany Must Perish! to claim that the Allies sought the extermination of the German people.

Appeal to Prejudice: Using loaded or emotive terms to attach value or moral goodness to believing the proposition. "A reasonable person would agree that our income tax is too low."

Argumentum ad nauseam: Uses tireless repetition. An idea once repeated enough times, is taken as the truth. Works best when media sources are limited and controlled by the propagator.

Bandwagon effect: Bandwagon appeals attempt to persuade the target audience to take the course of action that "everyone else is taking."

Inevitable victory: invites those not already on the bandwagon to join those already on the road to certain victory. Those already or at least partially on the bandwagon are reassured that staying aboard is their best course of action.

Join the crowd: This technique reinforces people's natural desire to be on the winning side. This technique is used to convince the audience that a program is an expression of an irresistible mass movement and that it is in their best interest to join.

Black-and-white fallacy: Presenting only two choices, with the product or idea being propagated as the better choice (for example, you can have an unhealthy, unreliable engine, or you can use Brand X oil).

Common man: The "plain folks" or "common man" approach attempts to convince the audience that the propagandist's positions reflect the common sense of the people. It is designed to win the confidence of the audience by communicating in the common manner and style of the target audience. Propagandists use ordinary language and mannerisms (and clothe their message in face-to-face and audiovisual communications) in attempting to identify their point of view with that of the average person.

Demonizing the “enemy”: Projecting a person or idea as the "enemy" through suggestion or false accusations.

Direct order: This technique hopes to simplify the decision making process. The propagandist uses images and words to tell the audience exactly what actions to take, eliminating any other possible choices. Authority figures can be used to give the order, overlapping it with the Appeal to authority technique, but not necessarily. The Uncle Sam "I want you" image is an example of this technique.

Euphoria: The use of an event that generates euphoria or happiness in lieu of spreading more sadness, or using a good event to try to cover up another, or creating a celebratory event in the hopes of boosting morale.

Flag-waving: An attempt to justify an action on the grounds that doing so will make one more patriotic, or in some way benefit a group, country, or idea. The feeling of patriotism which this technique attempts to inspire may diminish or entirely omit one's capability for rational examination of the matter in question.

Glittering generality: Glittering generalities are emotionally appealing words applied to a product or idea, but which present no concrete argument or analysis. A famous example is the campaign slogan "Ford has a better idea!"

Obtain disapproval: This technique is used to persuade a target audience to disapprove of an action or idea by suggesting that the idea is popular with groups hated, feared, or held in contempt by the target audience. Thus if a group which supports a certain policy is led to believe that undesirable, subversive, or contemptible people support the same policy, then the members of the group may decide to change their original position.

Quotes out of Context: Selective editing of quotes which can change meanings. Political "documentaries" often make use of this technique.

Red herring: Presenting data that is irrelevant, and then claiming that it validates your argument.

Scapegoating: Assigning blame to an individual or group that isn't really responsible, thus alleviating feelings of guilt from responsible parties and/or distracting attention from the need to fix the problem for which blame is being assigned.

Slogans: A slogan is a brief, striking phrase that may include labeling and stereotyping. Although slogans may be enlisted to support reasoned ideas, in practice they tend to act only as emotional appeals. For example, "blood for oil" or "cut and run" are slogans used by those who view a situation. Similarly, the names of the military campaigns, such as "enduring freedom" or "just cause," may also be regarded to be slogans.

Stereotyping or Name Calling or Labeling: This technique attempts to arouse prejudices in an audience by labeling the object of the propaganda campaign as something the target audience fears, hates, loathes, or finds undesirable. For instance, reporting on a foreign country or social group may focus on the stereotypical traits that the reader expects, even though they are far from being representative of the whole country or group.

Testimonial: Testimonials are quotations, in or out of context, cited to support or reject a given policy, action, program, or personality. The reputation or the role (expert or respected public figure) of the individual giving the statement is exploited. The testimonial places the official sanction of a respected person or authority on a propaganda message, in an effort to cause the target audience to identify itself with the authority or to accept the authority's opinions and beliefs as its own.
    Last edited by arwen; 1st October 2015 at 09:52.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to arwen For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), awakeningmom (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), Hervé (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), TraineeHuman (3rd October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

32. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Century of Self

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 12th December 2015 at 00:16.

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

animovado (1st October 2015), arwen (1st October 2015), Bill Ryan (1st October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), Neal (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), take (7th October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

34. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

The BBC has done some excellent documentaries over the years and it is not all
    government propaganda but as a 'Organ of the State' in times of war and crisis it
    certainly has and is still used to be an official mouthpiece for TPTB behind most
    residents of No 10.The USS Liberty doc I posted recently was very good and held
    nothing back about the Israeli attack on the ship with the knowledge of agents and
    allies in high places in the US.

USS Liberty Dead in the Water (Full Movie) Americans Murdered by Israel

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post986895

"USS Liberty: Dead In The Water" (BBC Documentary 2002)

On June 8th, 1967, during the Six-Day War, Israel attacked and nearly sank the
    USS Liberty belonging to its closest ally, the USA. Thirty-four American servicemen
    were killed and over 170 wounded in the two-hour assault by Israeli warplanes and
    torpedo boats.

==============================================
    ==============================================

Another series from 2004 similar to the Century of the Self series was ( below).
    Although they do not go into the alternate theories most of us think were used , it
    does show some of the background and you can connect the dots and see the lies
    and illusions used as expressed in the Century of the Self. None of this is new its
    just as the media culture evolved , there were good and bad aspects. With first
    pamphlets , the power of church and monarchy were challanged.Later with the
    news papers , radio , TV there were more freedoms for the mass's. But in the
    background the political elites have been trying to claw back control , usually with
    economic manipulation , banking fraud or war. This series charts how groups
    sought to control again thru fear. TPTB have now realised how the web has
    reawakened many as it did in the 1960's are are trying to counter this 'free speech
    and thought' platform and are now trying to silent critics on the web as well. I just
    saw this caption on Davids headline page ,which says it all !!

By David Icke on 1st October 2015

This ties in the end of the 'cold war' meme and the start of the 'war on terror'
    meme we are living in today. The rise of the Neo -Cons and the 'New American
    century 'plan and all the other event happening since 1990. Much is connected
    in the bigger geo -political picture. But these things are fluid and agendas are
    changed according to events. See Bill Anglo Saxon mission vid for this.

The Anglo-Saxon Mission

Uploaded on 18 Jun 2010
    In January 2010, Project Camelot received 11 pages of information from an insider
    who was physically present at a meeting of Senior Masons in the City of London in
    2005. What was discussed is chilling to the bone.

====================================================

The series below does not give all the details but its gives a very good view from
    certain mainstream angles. I like this episode and have quoted parts of it many
    times about the invasion of Afghanistan and the politically created 'myth'. There
    was no such thing as Al Qaeda or a Muslim 'jihad' against the west .The CIA
    Neo-Cons and others created Bin Laden and made him into some sort of 'super
    villain' out of a James Bond movies in charge of a dreaded evil organisation like
    S.P.E.C.T.R.E......" Fear , Scare , Give us power to protect you " and we will make
    our masters happy !!! This doc was made before 7/7 another ' false flag' to
    get a reluctant UK population to back Blairs wars in conjunction with the Neo - Con.
    NWO agenda a term mentioned by both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown and many
    US Neo - con politicians. Its all about illusions and control , basically a form of
    ' media mind control'....The easiest way to control any population is by fear
    anthrax and 'Dirty bombs' were and are now banded about to scare the public.
    Bush , Chaney , Rumsfeld , Blair are all war criminals and should be prosecuted.

The Power of Nightmares The Rise of the Politics of Fear 2004 Season 1 Episode 3

===================================================

The Power of Nightmares The Rise of the Politics of Fear 2004 Season 1 Episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl0hVH2y0Hg

==================================================

The Power of Nightmares The Rise of the Politics of Fear 2004 Season 1 Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk3tFlDLYJg

Related one of the reasons the US invaded Afghanistan...

Afghan Opium Harvesting Protected by British & American Occupation Forces // 2014 the largest Opium crop in History

Note in 2001 the Taliban had virtually wiped out the Opium trade, this was
    no good for the CIA's controlled drug cartels....

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...rop-in-History.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 12th December 2015 at 00:15.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), take (7th October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

36. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

We have a huge mountain to climb but how do you climb a mountain- one step at a time. Yes, you need the support of other climbers, knowledge of the climb ahead and ropes etc.

Maybe that's our problem we are isolated on our own mountains. We have the knowledge, the Internet but we need the support of others. Which in the 60's and 70's I believe they had even if was through psychedelic glasses!

It is very difficult to be the only one aware in your immediate circle but you have to start somewhere- like the Michael Jackson song- start with the man in the mirror and hopefully that reflection will ripple out and spread to others.

I do see a change but is it too little too late? Like in the Joan Baez song that Bill posted, " their " wheel keeps turning. It's seems to have a momentum all of its own. Not only do we have to put the brakes on but find a way to change its course.
    As for our own wheel, this time we have to keep it going and it too will gain momentum and then hopefully both sets will run a " true" course.
    For us to do this i think we have to get together physically, peacefully, and become the ground crew, which I believe was Avalons goal.
    Then not only will we have each other but the knowledge and ropes too.
    In love and peace

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to golden lady For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), Constance (1st October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), Heyoka_11 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), take (7th October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

38. Link to Post #80
    Thanks

I have a few ideas and humble suggestions, but I havent been on PA long enough to know the demographics. Awakening is an individual process and it must be sought and not given. So it will always be different for each individual. The best we can do is guide or nudge ppl in the right direction. Awakening ppl individually by members thru word of mouth and thru the forum by posts and videos is the current modus operandi.

I assume if we want to tip the scales, we need to awaken more ppl.. right?

there are some elements to consider when broadcasting a message:
    1) Audience
    2) Clarity and content of message
    3) Medium of message

point 1
    Perhaps if we take a more worldly view of humanity, the counter culture phenomenon may be seen to be localised to the western nations, ie USA, UK and certain parts of Europe. Has anyone taken note of what is happening in Asia, Africa, Middle East, Russia and South America? How many are waking up there? ... a new audience with different values and beliefs.

Perhaps the amount of effort is much less to awaken them because they are less indoctrinated... we should try but the outreach has to be in their language, and perhaps PA should seek fertile ground and not battle hard nosed alternative believers (of whatever they believe in) in the established alternative media or in the forums.

point 2
    What message should we bring to the newbies? Concise and clear, and with firm authority on what is probably true... ( this will be difficult ). I was once a newbie, and i went thru all the stuff the alt media spit out. maybe a resource like a mini-wikipedia?

point 3
    The hippie movement was cool and that was why it gained that sizeable following. currently i think there are many young ppl following counter culture, ETs. god knows how popular the Xfiles, star wars were during my teens. there is a latent awareness that something else is out there and we are not alone. The problem is accessibility to that information. A suggestion is PA on facebook, PA on apps, android and mac, and maybe even twitter! It sounds superficial, but it may be a way to bring the info to them. these mediums are hip and cool today and they can be considered a type of mainstream media.. one wrong tweet and it goes viral... and quite a lot of ppl are on it.

JT

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lancet For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Cidersomerset (1st October 2015), Gardener (1st October 2015), Inmortal719 (1st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (3rd October 2015), take (7th October 2015), william r sanford72 (1st October 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 4 14 LastLast