+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 9 14 LastLast

Thread: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

1. Link to Post #161
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Default Re: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

To the wonderful thoughts shared on this thread, I offer this that came through a soul I know from other lifetimes. It is about choosing your birthright and becoming a Christed being. This was spoken at Esalen in August 2015 by Paul Selig. I hope it gives food to chew upon. The work is internal transformation.

You do not reason with darkness. Do you understand this? You call it to the light, and then it is no longer. How does one call the darkness to the light? By knowing who one is. “I am here, I am here, I am here” is the Christed self, the resurrected truth of who you are, bearing witness to all she sees in light. And what the Divine Self sees is healed in the light, in her purview, in her agreement not to reason with the darkness.

You cannot reason with the darkness. All you do then is enter into it, and what is the purpose there? How does one encounter darkness? By knowing who you are. And as you know who you are, you are unafraid because the truth of who you are is never afraid. Do you understand this?

“Well that sounds all well and good,” he* says, “but not in principle or in practice. I cannot see how I can encounter the darkness and be unafraid.”

Here is how it is done: The knowing of who you are, as what you are in this incarnation claims you as a free man, woman, if you wish. And a claim of freedom—“I am here, I am here, I am here”—claims you as choosing to be as, with, and of the Christed Truth of who you are, which will face all darkness with light. And because it is the light, it dispels the dark.

You don’t run into the dark room with your pickaxe, trying to pick out the darkness, or the source of it. You shine the light in the room, and in the illumination, the source of the darkness, which is the ignorance of light, will be seen as it is. And the Christed truth that you are will know—underline the word know—how to reason as yourself to encounter this thing that you see.

He wants an example. We will attempt to give you one. If you have a menace in your room, something that slides above the walls and keeps you afraid, in the darkest room you never know where you stand in relation to it. When you turn the light on, you may see it for what it is. And once it is seen for what it is, you may reason with the self.

Well how do you get rid of a bat in the house is rather different, perhaps, than how you get rid of a mite or an infestation of vermin. As you understand what you are encountering, the Divine as you will always—underline the word always—offer you the reason, methodology, or action that may be required of you on a practical level to encounter what you see, by being the light you are.

Now some of you believe that being the light is a passive thing. “I will go to the store and be the light. I have done my job as the light. I have gotten my chips as the light. And I will take them home and eat them as the light.” And you may enjoy your life that way as much as you wish. But here is the truth of your being: As you are the light, you will align yourself to all the opportunities you can find to serve as the being you are—underline as—and not as you think you should be, or perhaps have been, but as you are.

The Divine as you, you see, has a mission here, and the mission finally is to be as she is, not just for your benefit—what a ridiculous idea that would be—but for all mankind. As you witness the ones before you—“I know who you are, I know what you are, I know how you serve”—you claim freedom for the ones before you. On an energetic level, yes, but what you witness as them is their inherent truth that will not be denied, because you cannot deny truth. Do you understand this? A lie fades away in an encounter with truth, and the investment in the lie will also be attended to so that the lie may not resume.

When you witness the True Self in any man or woman, you witness the idealized self, the Christed Truth of them, in the face of what they present, or have encountered, or agreed to. The challenge you face now, as you leave this room, is the defiance of the norms you have known. And what you may claim now, if you choose it, is to decide that you have the right to be as you are in the face of change.

Now when you go home, you put your soup on, you put the soup on you’ve had for years. You say hello to the kitty, perhaps, in the way you always have. But the being you are has been transformed. And transformed, we say, to a higher octave.

The conditioning you’ve used to be as yourself is used to being what it knows and will do everything it can to perpetuate habit. The Christed Self exists outside of time. Hear these words: The Divine as you exists outside of time and is not conditioned to anything at all. So what you know in history will be encountering you, and you must begin to source the Divine Self in each instance, so you do not perpetuate the life you’ve had that has been encountering itself for a very long time through a safety generated by the small self to maintain her rule in the throne of being.

“Now is this possible?” Paul asks. “Do we have to ask every moment where we come from?” Not at all. You do have to choose—and choice is yours, you see—to maintain your vibration. “I am here, I am here, I am here” is the announcement of the Christed Self as you.

2. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Default Re: Is the counterculture today doing a better job than the counterculture in the 60s and 70s?

Further thoughts on the subject-

The 60s and early 70s were indeed “a mighty attempt to wake up the planet”, and we wouldn’t be where we’re at today without them. We also wouldn’t be where we’re at today, however, without the yuppies, Watergate, Lady Gaga and the mutant ninja turtles. To be sure, some events and people have had a greater influence than others, but overall the entire universe has conspired to bring each of us individually and all of us collectively to where we are right now. So, is humanity now closer or farther away from waking up than it was 50 years ago? Well, yes and no and it depends.

A whole lot more people are a whole lot more aware of the fact that there are a ruling elite nowadays. The elites’ reaction to that growing awareness, however, has been to impose more draconian controls upon the populace. The whole thing does appear to be reaching a crescendo, but whether that will result in some definitive climax or not remains unclear, as does the question of whether any such climax would result in the liberation of humanity or it’s complete enslavement. The best I can do is live each day as it comes and continue doing the best I can at moving the world in the direction I’d like to see it go.

For me a whole lot of that is connecting with people on the net. The 60’s happened as much because of Bob Dylan, and Joan Baez as it did because of Timothy Leary, Richard Alpert, JFK, MLK, Ed Sullivan and Laugh In. Different people played different roles in the process. I’m doing what feels right for me. As the old woman in the movie “Cold Mountain” said “You look at nature, a bird flies somewhere, picks up a seed, sh_its the seed out, a plant grows. Bird's got a job, seed's got a job, sh_it's got a job”.
    Last edited by Hawkwind; 8th October 2015 at 14:57.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

awakeningmom (9th October 2015), badgerboy (8th October 2015), betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Delight (8th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), transiten (12th October 2015), ulli (8th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

4. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Internal work (transforming yourself) is hard, very hard. (That's why so few actually do it, despite many saying they are.)

External work (like, for example, working to actively support The Reset Button Movement) is fearful, very fearful (or at least it must be for a lot of people) because it takes us out of our comfortable status quo and includes a degree of "the unknown."

5. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

awakeningmom (9th October 2015), betoobig (12th October 2015), ErtheVessel (13th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), meeradas (8th October 2015), Meggings (8th October 2015), seko (12th October 2015), skyflower (8th October 2015), TargeT (8th October 2015), WildOrchid (8th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

6. Link to Post #164
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Internal work (transforming yourself) is hard, very hard. (That's why so few actually do it, despite many saying they are.)

External work (like, for example, working to actively support The Reset Button Movement) is fearful, very fearful (or at least it must be for a lot of people) because it takes us out of our comfortable status quo and includes a degree of "the unknown."

Granted I'm not doing anything like the resetbutton or anything as wide arching as that...

But I'll say this: doing good is easy (though it takes a LOT of work), we/I had a lot of anxiety because its so counter consumerism mentality.. but once you let go and just do good things everything falls into place (just remember, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater... some consumerism is fine.. Moderation in Everything!).

Once you start a movement and gain some traction, the "snow ball" effect (aka, leading up to the 80/20 rule) seems inevitable.

We started a Horse rescue a little over 2 years ago.

In that time we have cared for 37 horses & over 200 cats & dogs & a random sheep, goat or mongoose in the mix..To pay for all of that we do guided beach tours on horseback with our rescues.

We started a Fundraising beach party with 8 other organizations & have had two successful "animal jam" fundraisers that grossed over $10,000 on the first year alone! Our second year had a few administrative fumbles, but still pulled in over $12,000 after expenses.

We are trading out one of the rooms in our house for work with the horses (he feeds them all in the morning and helps out with "farm stuff" for a place to stay) I'm letting another individual stay with us while we finish some other projects (another trade out situation work/stay).

I think the counter culture isn't a hippy or someone researching esoteric strangeness (aka here) I think it's in those that are doing things that seem right to them and just happen to be against the cultural norms, the "grass roots" the "tea party" movements (before the media smear campaigns) these are what are REALLY powerful, and it all starts with you.

REMEMBER!

This reality is very likely not even a "reality", or at least, not in the sense that most of us think of it... it seems very probable / possible that it is a simulation, or matrix, or something very highly structured.

There are rules that this simulation follows, and if you are aware of them, you can leverage them to do what you will more efficiently.

The 80/20 rule (Pareto Principle, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) being my favorite, it's so widely applicable to everything in life.

more here:

It's a miracle that you're reading this post at all, there's like a 1:400 trillion chance of you being born....

CARPE F*KN DIEM!
    Last edited by TargeT; 8th October 2015 at 20:46.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

awakeningmom (9th October 2015), betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Hawkwind (9th October 2015), Laura Elina (17th October 2015), Meggings (8th October 2015), moekatz (10th October 2015), seko (12th October 2015), Selkie (8th October 2015), sunpaw (10th October 2015), ThePythonicCow (11th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

8. Link to Post #165
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,601 times in 1,987 posts

Instead of the motto of the new counterculture being "Protest", maybe it ought to be "Just Do S**t".

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Selkie For This Post:

awakeningmom (9th October 2015), badgerboy (8th October 2015), betoobig (12th October 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th October 2015), Hawkwind (9th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), sunpaw (10th October 2015), TargeT (8th October 2015), WildOrchid (8th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015), Wind (12th October 2015)

10. Link to Post #166
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Selkie (here)
    Instead of the motto of the new counterculture being "Protest", maybe it ought to be "Just Do S**t".
    I've always felt "protest" is a "steam release valve" something to let us feel like we are doing ... *Something* and get it "out of our system"

I think this is why Occupy was allowed to go on so long with only minor interference..

What did the Occupy protests accomplish? anything? They didn't even really bring awareness, since the issues were what we already pretty much know about.

I think "protest" is exactly NOT what you should be doing if you want change, at least not in a mass scale.

Protest is for 1v1 interactions IMO, not Massive movements.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Malgorzata (here)

Are we being programmed into this kind of non confrontational attitude through the growing impact of internet behind which we can hide ourself so we are still comfortable?
    Thank you for this post!

Yes, in answer to this very important question, I think we are.

This begs for expansion...

We are?

By who?

For what purpose? ( generally helpful or harmful?)

An interesting concept.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), seko (12th October 2015), Selkie (8th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015)

12. Link to Post #167
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,314 times in 133 posts

Dear Avalonians - this is my first post, but this topic was so compelling to me that I felt I needed to join in the conversation. A point that I feel is very important is the necessity of each and every one of us finding our own unique voice and solutions. We each have unique histories and unique talents and unique potentials for solutions.

An author I discovered recently, Iain McGilchrist (who is a psychiatrist/scientist) has written a book called The Master and His Emissary. In it he talks about our divided brain and how differently the left and right hemispheres view the world and our life experience. Here is a link to a short video about his theories (I don't yet know how to imbed videos in the forum, sorry!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs9WO2B8uI

A brief summary of the most relevant point to this thread would be that our right hemisphere perceives the wholeness and livingness of the world around us. The left hemisphere perceives only facts, data and what is already known, in other words, what is dead. The author suggests that the left hemisphere is currently totally dominant, but should in fact be the servant to the right hemisphere. The right brain is all about newness, livingness and connection.

Our current culture and media profoundly emphasize the use of the left brain, and technology is, as far as I can tell, entirely left brain - there is no life in it. As a culture,we seem to have lost track of how to connect with our own right brains, and I feel we will never find our way out of this mess with left-brain solutions. That will only bring us more of the same.

I find this information incredibly hopeful, as we each have our own unique right brain, our own unique connection with the mystery of life housed right inside of us. I believe we connect with our right brains through real, live music (not recordings), through art (creating your own would be the best), through our own bodies and connecting with the livingness of the earth. These things seem trivial and inconsequential to our left brains - almost childish - and yet so much of the power of the sixties came from the living music (before it all got co-opted). I think it is important not to dismiss the power of life itself; our own life. None of these *living* things can be done on the internet, and yet, paradoxically, we can connect in a way that can still provide inspiration to each other.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 9th October 2015 at 03:16. Reason: embedded video

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Hawkwind (9th October 2015), Inmortal719 (8th October 2015), Limor Wolf (9th November 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), moekatz (10th October 2015), seko (12th October 2015), TargeT (9th October 2015), tessfreq (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015)

14. Link to Post #168
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 times in 251 posts

I had an interesting conversation with a family friend recently when the first thing she said to me was: "So, how do you like Putin now?" I responded that my opinion of Putin had not changed recently, and why did she ask? "Because he invaded Syria!" she responded.
    I told her she needed to stop watching Fox news, or whatever MSM outlet she watched, and get on the internet. We've had this same conversation a number of times, but she just can't seem to ween herself off the boob tube. She is a generation older than I am, and can't quite believe that the MSM would blatantly lie to her about something as important as foreign affairs. A small exaggeration here or there, yes, but never fundamental lies! I told her the best thing she could do was to take a hammer to her TV set and get a computer, or at least a smart phone, for her information. I may as well have been talking to a hammer.
    I realized that she is addicted to the soap opera drama presented as legitimate news these days. Just because reality plays no part in the presentation doesn't mean the drama isn't still compelling enough to keep her enthralled.
    My late father in law was the same way. No matter how much compelling evidence I presented to him to the contrary, the evening news would re-hypnotize him back to the same opinion within a week.
    It's a losing battle with anyone who regularly sits in front of the idiot box. TVs should be sold with warning labels on the front explaining that prolonged exposure will result in severely impaired cognitive ability, drooling and even zombieizm.
    I don't know how you can wake these people up. God help us...

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Hawkwind (9th October 2015), Inmortal719 (9th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), Ron Mauer Sr (9th October 2015), seko (12th October 2015), Selkie (11th October 2015), TargeT (9th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015)

16. Link to Post #169
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Thank you for this thread, I think it’s important and timely. I have not been a member long but I have recently felt frustrated with forums and alternative news blogs. I can’t agree more that what is going on right now is a massive distraction and is setting us up to feel we can’t trust anything and we have no control and thus we will give up and plug back into the matrix. I recently read very well done blog post from a pseudoscience perspective in which they “decoded” the meaning of a crop circle. It seemed so impressive I even wrote down some of the predictions. You guessed it, most of it never materialized. I wasted a lot of time and energy reading that. I have 16 years of college education and thus I’m bit familiar with studying untruths and I’m sick of doing it. When I put my time into something I want to feel it has value and this happening too often is highly destructive to this community. These forums do help us share information and that’s vital but it has been turned into a debate team. I think the protestors on campus informed and changed things more than those on the debating team. “They” know we will disagree, and go around in circles with this stuff. It distracts us from seeing how much we fundamentally agree on.

We have many examples of how create sociopolitical change we can begin to put that into place. MLK and Gandhi knew they had to work nonviolently or else the system would have appeared justified in reacting violently to remove them. They knew they needed to reach a large number of people. I agree we have been herded into the forum Ghetto and need to get information into the mainstream. We need mainstream hero’s, just like the strategies the Cabal uses. When they wanted mainstream regular folks to become “light workers” Shirley McClain appeared on the scene. We need a well known figure to stand up and say “I’m a Truther” read my books watch my movies. We need rallies to spread info about a cause, even if it’s just about one cause and there are many other causes. We need people to donate money etc. In short, “It takes a Village” to keep Hilary from being elected and another Women from the new Truther Party to be elected.

I ‘m using an avatar instead of my name because I’m a licensed psychologist and if my name was associated with this movement I would put my ability to support myself at risk. Why, because in part, as Bill noted, the cabal has infiltrated this movement with such insane nonsense I look insane for reading it. We all know much of the information has roots of truth and that root is really far out there, but we don’t need to start at level to wake people up. There is plenty of stuff that has more proof (like 911). We can start with safer topics like GMO’s, false flags and insane Trans Pacific Treaties etc. People will discover the whole truth (or what we think is the truth?) when their ready. The Thrive website appears to have taken this approach (I won’t -don’t - want to debate him or if he is or is not legit, Please! ) The site is trying make it user friendly to the general population and put things in categories. They have money and did a slick video. People can’t read blogs and long post for hours (sorry I know this is long, but Bill you inspired me) They talk about how to take action, simple things the average Jo/Jane can do (join a credit union, get out of the big banks etc.) they ask if you want to organize and try to set up events.

I agree not having a leader is a hindrance and vulnerability. Leadership creates coherence and focus but they can also become dictatorial and be used to destroy the efforts of many who support them. Perhaps small projects with mini leaders might be a safer bet. In the 80s I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and learned a lot about people working in groups. One faction of my support group wanted to focus on political action and fund raising, the other wanted to focus on grass roots emotional support. The political group thought the support was wasting valuable energy and only getting doctors to wake up and the CDC to hear us would we bring about real change. The support faction felt we were too small to ever effect political change but we could make a valuable contribution by helping the individual through the process of the illness. We almost destroyed the group with our debating and back stabbing. Eventually we splintered off and each accomplished some of what they wanted. If we had kept debating we would have accomplished nothing. As the Runnier said “names, names names”. It is clear we are tearing this movement apart by buying into this junk and arguing endlessly about the names, names names.

People have strong beliefs and convictions and telling others they are wrong, is wrong and unproductive. We need to inform those who want the information and let others make their own decisions. We can’t do that hiding on internet forums. The Cabal knew religion (I don’t want debate if the cabal created religion) would spread if they sent out the disciples, and converted the pilgrims. We need to ‘Take It To the Streets” and we can’t do that if we hide our identities. Secondly all our time can’t be focused on protesting and organizing. That’s a full time job. These are a real issues we can begin to solve if we take it one step at a time. We need to put our heads together come up with goals, strategies, concrete plans and stop endlessly debating if blue birds exist or if their 6 or 12 dimensions. It served it’s purpose, we have learned a lot and now have to put what we know into action. We still need to keep reading and staying current, but the barn is burring and we need to stop debating how it started or what barn will burn next .

Ok sorry folks for long rant and those who persevered to the end.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

awakeningmom (9th October 2015), betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (9th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Laura Elina (17th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), Puffin (12th October 2015), Shannon (9th October 2015), sleepydumpling (19th October 2015), Ted (9th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015)

18. Link to Post #170
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

http://www.starshipearththebigpictur...ments-a-voice/

http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Many have mentioned concern over mass apathy and it’s a real concern, but one that cant be tackled. I was 12 when I attended a rally in Washington against the Vietnam War. Was I there because I felt a strong conviction, understood the issues..hell no, I wanted to be cool like my older sister and hang out with all the Hippies. People go to rallies for many different reasons. Look at how many people showed up at Occupy wall street rallies that had no actual leader or agenda. At first the sheer numbers make a difference and later some actually hear what’s being said and wake up. Yes many will never go or change but we only need a 100 monkeys. We can use the life style strategies used against us to sell products, to sell social change.
    Last edited by Savannah; 9th October 2015 at 17:06. Reason: add a link

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), sleepydumpling (19th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015)

20. Link to Post #171
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

Once you start a movement and gain some traction, the "snow ball" effect (aka, leading up to the 80/20 rule) seems inevitable.

We started a Horse rescue a little over 2 years ago.

In that time we have cared for 37 horses & over 200 cats & dogs & a random sheep, goat or mongoose in the mix..To pay for all of that we do guided beach tours on horseback with our rescues.

We started a Fundraising beach party with 8 other organizations & have had two successful "animal jam" fundraisers that grossed over $10,000 on the first year alone! Our second year had a few administrative fumbles, but still pulled in over $12,000 after expenses.

We are trading out one of the rooms in our house for work with the horses (he feeds them all in the morning and helps out with "farm stuff" for a place to stay) I'm letting another individual stay with us while we finish some other projects (another trade out situation work/stay).

I think the counter culture isn't a hippy or someone researching esoteric strangeness (aka here) I think it's in those that are doing things that seem right to them and just happen to be against the cultural norms, the "grass roots" the "tea party" movements (before the media smear campaigns) these are what are REALLY powerful, and it all starts with you.

REMEMBER!

This reality is very likely not even a "reality", or at least, not in the sense that most of us think of it... it seems very probable / possible that it is a simulation, or matrix, or something very highly structured.

There are rules that this simulation follows, and if you are aware of them, you can leverage them to do what you will more efficiently.

The 80/20 rule (Pareto Principle, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) being my favorite, it's so widely applicable to everything in life.

more here:

It's a miracle that you're reading this post at all, there's like a 1:400 trillion chance of you being born....

CARPE F*KN DIEM!
    If you apply the pareto principle or 80:20 rule iteratively on itself, i.e. focus on the 20% of the 20% of the 20%... you end up with the 99:1 principle currently applied by banksters and friends on the rest of the population. This is how it is done. See here.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), TargeT (13th October 2015), william r sanford72 (9th October 2015)

22. Link to Post #172
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,983 times in 4,336 posts

I believe you should focus on helping those within your immediate sphere first and foremost.

I believe mankind has never been more mind controlled than they are right now.

I think 99% of the things people think worthy of protesting are matador capes flung in the faces of those seeking something to protest and as such those protestors are charging for their cause regardless of who gave them their cause.

Can we protest the folks who are really in control?
    We do not even know who they are. Or what race they are, or what planet/dimension/time period they come from.
    So forgive me my apathy, on the grand stage there is little one can do, but locally and in one's immediate local one should focus one's attention and limit the damage the puppets can do in your immediate area. Stop thinking globally and start thinking locally.

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Apulu (10th October 2015), awakeningmom (10th October 2015), betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Elainie (12th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Laura Elina (17th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), meeradas (10th October 2015), moekatz (10th October 2015), Shannon (10th October 2015), sunpaw (10th October 2015), TargeT (13th October 2015), TraineeHuman (14th October 2015), william r sanford72 (10th October 2015)

24. Link to Post #173
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,612 times in 20,703 posts

I think a lot of good is being done both globally and locally--the problem is that it doesn't get in the news nearly as much as the bad news. The advantage to being active in the efforts of various organizations' efforts to make change is that they will inform you of the success stories. Case in point, from today's news:
    http://www.peta.org/blog/no-breeding-allowed/
    Quote Written by PETA | October 8, 2015
    The California Coastal Commission voted to approve SeaWorld’s plan for a new orca prison, but only after a commissioner proposed a key amendment: no more breeding, which will ultimately end captivity for long-suffering orcas in California. SeaWorld has admitted that it intended to breed even more orcas to fill the new tanks, but the commission’s action today ensures that no more orcas will be condemned to a nonlife of loneliness, deprivation, and misery if SeaWorld proceeds with their Blue World project. SeaWorld is a sea circus, and the orcas are its abused elephants. PETA wants SeaWorld to stop building tanks and start emptying the ones they’ve got by sending the orcas to coastal sanctuaries, where they’d finally have some semblance of a natural life.In nature, orcas choose their own mates. But at SeaWorld, orcas are forced to breed on a regular basis. Male orcas are trained to float on their backs, and their trainers masturbate them to collect their sperm. Females are artificially inseminated and forced to breed at a much younger age than they would in nature.https://www.facebook.com/official.pe...3687005794586/
    The commission received more than 120,000 e-mails and letters from concerned PETA supporters, and hundreds of protesters, including actor Pamela Anderson, turned out at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center. During the hearing, PETA representatives recounted incidences of calves being torn from their mothers, forced pregnancies, and premature deaths. One orca was force-fed Valium to curb his aggression—which was triggered by his confinement.

There is no denying the abusement park’s sorry track record—SeaWorld has been cited for violating the Animal Welfare Act and fined for inadequately protecting its employees—or its bleak bottom line: Attendance and revenue are nosediving, and its shares are losing value. In the wake of the Commission’s decision, early trading the very next day showed that the value of SeaWorld stock took another hit, dropping nearly 6 percent.

People are disgusted, and new facilities won’t stem the decline.

What You Can Do
    Share this blog, and tell SeaWorld to retire the orcas to ocean sanctuaries.https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocac...Action&id=2945

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    So forgive me my apathy, on the grand stage there is little one can do, but locally and in one's immediate local one should focus one's attention and limit the damage the puppets can do in your immediate area. Stop thinking globally and start thinking locally.
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), DNA (10th October 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), meeradas (10th October 2015), Shannon (10th October 2015), take (10th October 2015), TraineeHuman (14th October 2015), william r sanford72 (10th October 2015)

26. Link to Post #174
    Portugal Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you Bill for this thread.
    Is counterculture doing a good job?
    Yes, yes we are all doing a marvellous job!
    You want to do better?
    Separate ourselves from the elite starting to say and write everywhere:
    NOT IN MY NAME !!!
    Atomic bombs dropped in Japan:
    NOT IN MY NAME !!!
    Killing innocent humans including children by US drones: NOT IN MY NAME !!!
    Invading other countries: NOT IN MY NAME !!!
    To everything you see that deeply hurt your heart you all must say and write: NOT IN MY NAME !!!
    Use internet as much as possible while you have it.
    After you have all the walls of every building in every street to write:
    NOT IN MY NAME !!!

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DePortugal For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), Gardener (12th October 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), meeradas (10th October 2015), william r sanford72 (10th October 2015)

28. Link to Post #175
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,407 times in 5,730 posts

Let me spell it out here;

We are always a counterculture to some other culture.

The point of my frustration is how to build my bridge from where I stand to a better representation of culture I would like to create.
    I will use an example.

Science based on Consciousness as our primary ground does inform my beloved culture.
    This is the collective realm where I interface with others.
    I accept that we have varied reality tunnels.
    The kind of science I imagine is that which embraces various reality tunnels.
    How to connect dots becomes a much larger kind of network.
    It is not at all a finished knowing of "what we should do to thrive" but ongoing unfolding.

There is no interest for me in the wrangling with various older stories or having my questions answered on forums.
    What I really appreciate is reading the posts where people present their very own original offerings and talk more deeply about what they read form others.

The level we are on here as a forum is a distant relationship.
    I really appreciate in this culture that we learn the ideals and ideas that shape each other's reality tunnel.

I think that human beings have each something significant about us that wants to be honored and seeks to be shared where we feel comfortable AND challenged.

That is why I imagine creating environments where individual differences and community has the best of all possible worlds.
    I think I see it evoked by the idea of sacred economics.
    If we each had access to what we need as food, shelter, travel, meaningful work that contributes to the whole, a sacred space to retreat to and privacy, dialogue, more chance to meet in real ways....I see this as a meta cultural perspective. I literally see it spread out in intentional community.

I am thinking of an egalatarian community that separates out the need to believe any doctrines, be a member of a group from "let's work together to give each other the space to be an individual.
    Each WAY of working out one's life could be embedded in a structure that supports by doing what needs doing.
    It just seems so clear to me, we could create communal farming as the center of culture in a 21st century tech savy way. Tech is also the OLD tech. there is already so much knowldege of great ways to simple do everything. There is youtube for how tos... we know to look up best practices and rocket stoves and solar and wind energy, water energy to tap into...even running batteries by bicycle.

Hands on community of more than one small isolated person/family could do so much more. Cooperation so that we are like really living on self sufficient farms again.... That is my ideal vision today.

NEW building of infrastructure the best way to do things in practical areas...the most delicious food, nourishing local food, the warm, snug, cool, dry, solid shelter, the cooking and the making of herbal concoctions, the animal care. I invision also the freedom of having many hands to do permaculture honoring nature is a natural partner itself to us.

The alt community here is trying to connect dots.
    I might have a complete different pattern in mind.
    How can we bridge and walk across into manifestation?
    Last edited by Delight; 11th October 2015 at 05:36.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Lost N Found (12th October 2015), onawah (12th October 2015), tessfreq (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (12th October 2015)

30. Link to Post #176
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,141 times in 1,888 posts

Quote Posted by 4evrneo (here)
    Very well said Bill. Wow! This really is provoking some deep thoughts on this subject and this time we are in. I too am guilty, being distracted and plugged in. I have been feeling this for over 6 months that I need to unplug completely from the matrix and plug in and connect with the outside world and the people on a different level. I do think the youth today misunderstand what the 60's were all about, even my kids in their 20's now view that time as the peace/love & drug era....

This article here on some levels sums up how I feel. https://sdjekic.wordpress.com/counte...-now-and-then/
    Yes 4evrneo the 60's and early 70's may be looked at as being peace/love and drug era. What really happened and it really started in the late 50's was an awakening with young people. As Bill has stated above that Joan Baez, Bob Dillan, Pete Segar, and a whole host of musicians, comedians, Talk show hosts, you name them, spoke out against the establishment. It resonated with the young people of the time. Remember Martin Luther King was marching for Civil rights and his message was not just for Blacks it was for all peoples freedoms and equality. I was there I was part of that movement and did take part in trying to free us from the establishment. I rebelled.

The bulls*** Vietnam was ramped up by the stinking bankers and government. We as young people, because we were awakening, were forced into that murderous action against the human race. Those that stayed and did not become coerced continued to voice their minds against the wars. The Gov continued to try to control their power structure but appeared to be loosing. Remember, the 60's were absolutely turbulent simply because to many folk were awakened to sick crap that was happening around the world. (I believe that this is what Bill may be alluding to happen once more only this time carry it through and stop these criminals from doing what they have been doing forever it seems) Remember the war in Vietnam was so on the news all the time and the peace (here is that part of what you children think) demonstrations and rallies where in hugh numbers. Of course the gov and their minions were always trying to stop us but only through violence and degradation. Commie pinko dirty hippies was a favorite of theirs to get the older majority to be on their side.

The failure, Drugs opened our minds at first but were used against us in the end. 1969 was the beginning of the end for us, Woodstock, Then 70 came and the national guard was ordered to shoot and kill on the Kent State Campus. So they killed four students that were only protesting the war. That changed everything. We crawled into more drugs provided by the CIA of course and lost ourselves. What the gov did was create the nightmare at home that was going on in Vietnam. They killed us in front of our own eyes and we died. Early 70's we crawled even further into ourselves and forgot what the real movement was about. Those of us that came home from the war were spit upon, called baby killers and generally forced to crawl within ourselves. So to finish here, Yes those were the peace/love/hope and drug years. If only we could have gotten away from what the gov used against us things might have been totally different.

Bill, This third time I sincerely am doing something different. I spread my awakening as far and as wide as I can. It is our turn once again. DO It.

31. Link to Post #177
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Sorry if posted already i haven´t gone trhough all the thread, but i found this related to this topic.
    "MK ULTRA, LSD and the Military Industrial...
    Music Industry
    This program is mind blowing, when you consider the many connections between pop culture and music icons, and the military industrial complex."
    there two examples i can think of Jim Morrison and Simon and garfunkle where sons of Militars...

Let´s focus inside us; they can´t fool us if we do so. We don´t need nothing or noone else, we have it all within us.
    Love...Evol

¤=[Post Update]=¤

We are sovering beings, love you all

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Matthew (12th October 2015), transiten (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (12th October 2015)

33. Link to Post #178
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

We know who we are, we know where we came from and we know why we are here.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Matthew (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (12th October 2015)

35. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I believe you should focus on helping those within your immediate sphere first and foremost.

I believe mankind has never been more mind controlled than they are right now.

I think 99% of the things people think worthy of protesting are matador capes flung in the faces of those seeking something to protest and as such those protestors are charging for their cause regardless of who gave them their cause.

Can we protest the folks who are really in control?
    We do not even know who they are. Or what race they are, or what planet/dimension/time period they come from.
    I'd prefer "think globally act locally and internally"

Also this is a good "Jungian" joke about internal shadow work...

-I lost my keys
    -Ok where did you lose them?
    -Over there (pointing into a dark area)
    -But why are you searching here below the street lamp
    -It's more lit up here...
    -

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), take (12th October 2015), william r sanford72 (12th October 2015)

37. Link to Post #180
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

betoobig, I'm currently listening to the video but the guy talks too fast so I can't hear everything. Can someone please explain his conclusion about all these musiscians?? Does he imply they were all victims or compliciant in some way?? Since I was part of the Peace- and music movement - once called the Joan Baez of Sweden - I now after the "I was there" Lennon conspiracy thread feel they all somehow more or less risk collectively being cast suspicion upon -hopefully it's due to confusion of languages....

So he concludes the Anti War Movement was a consctruction to divert pple from becoming aware of the powers driving wars? Well personally I never used drugs, I've been a political singer and I never lost interest in finding who's behind the madness going on in this world. Perhaps I lost something in the conclusion-still due to language problems- but there seems to be some oversimplification when it comes to the motives of each and everyone of these "icons" and also the motives of those who have been inspired by them as myself..

I would appreciate anyones input on this as well as in the Lennon "I was there" thread
    Last edited by transiten; 12th October 2015 at 14:30.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to transiten For This Post:

betoobig (12th October 2015), Cara (8th December 2015), DNA (12th October 2015), onawah (12th October 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1 9 14 LastLast