+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Apollo Photos: Over 8,400 images from NASA's Moon missions

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Exclamation The Apollo Photos: Over 8,400 images from NASA's Moon missions

Over 8,400 images from NASA's Moon missions are now on Flickr in high resolution.

Project Apollo Archive has uploaded to Flickr all photographs taken by the Apollo missions to the moon (Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17).

Photographs are organized by the roll of film they were shot on. They are unprocessed Hasseblad images.

Hope you enjoy! This many images is sure to drive Moon landing conspiracy crazy... There's crazy amounts of detail in them!

http://bit.ly/1O9ShsD

Last edited by Gaia; 3rd October 2015 at 13:40.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

animovado (4th October 2015), Carmody (4th October 2015), Cidersomerset (3rd October 2015), Fellow Aspirant (4th October 2015), Inaiá (3rd October 2015), Inmortal719 (3rd October 2015), justntime2learn (3rd October 2015), KiwiElf (4th October 2015), Lifebringer (3rd October 2015), Matt P (3rd October 2015), Matthew (3rd October 2015), Nasu (8th October 2015), PRAGMAE (5th October 2015), Rhah (3rd October 2015), Sunny-side-up (3rd October 2015), Xanth (3rd October 2015), Zionbrion (3rd October 2015), ZooLife (3rd October 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: The Apollo Photos: Over 8,400 images from NASA's Moon missions

Great resource, Gaia, thanks!

And as I took a quick look at a really randomly chosen pic, wouldn't you know it but I found an anomaly - at least it's an anomaly to me. In the Apollo 15 "Magazine", as they call it, one of the landscape pics shows a strange shape perched on the back edge of a small depression (the depression is about a third of the way up from the bottom of the pic). It looks organic, like the front half of a shark (and no, I'm certainly NOT suggesting it's a shark, only a shape of a shark to help you find it ) with a protruding "fin" shape hanging down. It looks to be part of a larger mass that has holes in it. The mass looks like molten metal that has suddenly 'frozen' in mid blowup. It certainly doesn't look like mud and/or rock.

So, paste this into the address bar of your browser, and have a look, please. What are we looking at, do you think?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projec...7659055143565/

Namaste,

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Gaia (4th October 2015), jaybee (4th October 2015), kirolak (4th October 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 times in 698 posts

amazing ! well i know what richard hoagland is doing right now
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

Gaia (4th October 2015), mgray (8th October 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)

And as I took a quick look at a really randomly chosen pic, wouldn't you know it but I found an anomaly - at least it's an anomaly to me. In the Apollo 15 "Magazine", as they call it, one of the landscape pics shows a strange shape perched on the back edge of a small depression (the depression is about a third of the way up from the bottom of the pic). It looks organic, like the front half of a shark (and no, I'm certainly NOT suggesting it's a shark, only a shape of a shark to help you find it ) with a protruding "fin" shape hanging down. It looks to be part of a larger mass that has holes in it. The mass looks like molten metal that has suddenly 'frozen' in mid blowup. It certainly doesn't look like mud and/or rock.

So, paste this into the address bar of your browser, and have a look, please. What are we looking at, do you think?

Namaste,

Brian
    I got it! Yes indeed look like some kind of shark Very intriguing... Maybe a Soviet vestige you know!!! On the same image I saw some kind of face too... Look like the one from Mars but smaller... I inspected about 60 pictures for the moment... Hours of fun ! In total, the Apollo astronauts took 18,663 pictures manually ( 1470 during the Apollo 11 mission which 339 on the Moon )
    Last edited by Gaia; 4th October 2015 at 14:58.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

jaybee (4th October 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by seehas (here)
    amazing ! well i know what richard hoagland is doing right now
    Looking the Moon with a real view. This man must have a truly open mind to willingly debunk his own wishful thinking. Just sayin!!

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,016 times in 2,210 posts

Excellent - thank you very much Gaia - I love scrutinizing the Apollos images....

quite a feast you have presented.... although they probably have the ones showing extra interesting stuff covered.??..dunno.... but then Richard Hoagland managed to find that Robot Head thing from a public image..so Tally Ho

There maybe good stuff that has slipped the net...

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)

Namaste,

Brian

mmmmm I don't know..but just a quick look at the image you've pulled up and I'm thinking there are a lot of suspect shadows not going in uniform directions...

When I had a real spate of looking at Apollo images one thing I noticed about some shadows was that some (or maybe just one or two) people who were adding the shadows to the images seem to be leaving clues...

I had a different computer then and I have lost the images I'm about to talk about but there was one scene (Apollo 17, I think) where I thought I'd found what looked like part of a lion statue that had broken up - and there were a couple of other interesting bits and bobs...and there seemed to be shadows that looked like faces/eyes that looked in the direction of the anomalies....as if someone was saying...look.

I might have a look and see if I can find it again with this resource that Gaia has provided...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaybee For This Post:

Gaia (4th October 2015), Inaiá (10th October 2015)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Does anyone know how to download all the photos in bulk, instead of one at a time?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

Gaia (4th October 2015)

14. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

It is a common feature across many platforms and apps to select multiple objects.

First, click on the first object in the sequence
    Scroll to the final object in the sequence
    Press ''shift'' at the same time as you click on the final object
    That should select everything between the first and last object

This works for files, images, etc on your computer, on Flickr, and on many other apps.

You can also use Fatkun Batch Download Image on Chrome its free
    Last edited by Gaia; 4th October 2015 at 18:08.

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

Cool 8400 HR images of the apollo missions

Enjoy-- in whatever way you decide to enjoy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/

(thumbs up for butt shot)
    AS11-40-5862 by Project Apollo Archive
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

Fellow Aspirant (5th November 2015), Matthew (7th October 2015), mojo (8th October 2015), Nasu (8th October 2015)

17. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: 8400 HR images of the apollo missions

It's been already posted last week...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Moon-missions

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Fanna (8th October 2015), Fellow Aspirant (5th November 2015), mojo (8th October 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

Merci. It's a nice set of images tho, I'm not ashamed to see it twice :D
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Amazing Gaia, thank you for sharing. Bookmarked it. I now have an unlimited amount of awesome dekstop wallpapers

I feel bad for the NASA intern that had to check every photo for aliens and UFO's...

21. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

Knowing the NASA, those pictures (if real) are air brushed. Who do they think they're going to fool now?

+ Reply to Thread