+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 431 FirstFirst 1 280 330 370 380 390 430 431 LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #7581
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

Wonderful, gentle exploration of ideas about the self/soul, time, and being in the world from Dr Jacob Needleman:

*I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Delight (5th November 2019), greybeard (5th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), kfm27917 (1st December 2019)

3. Link to Post #7582
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

This thread is open to all forms of spirituality.
    Though my main focus is Advaita Vedanta I am open minded.
    So feel free to use this thread as it was intended-- as its title implies-- Enlightenment and related matters.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Cara (5th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019)

5. Link to Post #7583
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We Can Overcome All Attachments

Walk with Mooji Baba

On this morning walk, Moojibaba addresses the need to step out of the recurring negative tendencies by which we allow ourselves to be plagued. We are invited to choose that which is higher even without having a clear notion of what that is.

“It is instinct for the one who is heading for freedom. To discover more and more the depth from which the real seeing emerges, and by seeing that these are simply shadows and shapes appearing in the infinite space that you are, their spell and power and virility are broken—without doubt.

You may look back and think, ‘Wow, how could that have troubled me for so long?' Please accept that God has provided the powers of discernment, and the ability to mature and to move on and above lower concepts—that is a reality."

This and many other videos can be viewed on Mooji.TV:
    http://bit.ly/moojitv

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Guish (18th November 2019), Heart-2-Heart (5th November 2019), O Donna (7th November 2019), Wind (5th November 2019)

7. Link to Post #7584
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Learning from Sri Ramanuja | Prof. Francis X. Clooney
    Professor Francis Xavier Clooney (Parkman Professor of Divinity at the Harvard Divinity School) gives a discourse on the teachings of Sri Ramanuja who was the chief proponent of the Vishishtadvaita school of Vedanta.

Father Clooney joined the Harvard Divinity School faculty in 2005. After earning his doctorate in South Asian languages and civilizations (University of Chicago, 1984), he taught at Boston College for 21 years before coming to Harvard.

His primary areas of Indological scholarship are theological commentarial writings in the Sanskrit and Tamil traditions of Hindu India.
    He is also a leading figure globally in the developing field of comparative theology, a discipline distinguished by attentiveness to the dynamics of theological learning deepened through the study of traditions other than one’s own.
    He has also written on the Jesuit missionary tradition, particularly in India, on the early Jesuit pan-Asian discourse on reincarnation, and on the dynamics of dialogue and interreligious learning in the contemporary world.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Guish (18th November 2019), Zampano (8th November 2019)

9. Link to Post #7585
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This is a GEM
    The above video brings together Christianity and Vedanta.
    This talk by Father Clooney is illuminating.
    I would suggest downloading as it is a bit long and loads to take in--repeated viewing is a good idea.
    Chris
    Ps if you are short of time start about twenty minutes in
    Ch
    Last edited by greybeard; 6th November 2019 at 12:01.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Guish (18th November 2019)

11. Link to Post #7586
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Jesus God and Life's Purpose

In this video, Stephen Hawley Martin interviews Peter Woodbury, an expert on Edgar Cayce's psychic readings, and a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist in Virginia Beach, who focuses on the use of spirituality and faith as tools for personal transformation and liberation. The two discuss such topics as God, who was Jesus, and how to determine one's purpose in life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

13. Link to Post #7587
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

Stumbled across this video which is apparently an intro to a game but it says so much more than that.

...................................................................................................

Addendum:

Last edited by O Donna; 7th November 2019 at 06:26.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

greybeard (7th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019)

15. Link to Post #7588
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Conscious.tv News Winter 2019/20

Dear All - It has been sometime since we have been in touch with you all. We did make three new programmes earlier this year but apart from that we have been rather quiet on the conscious.tv front. One reason for that is that we have made so many programmes over the past 10 years (over 500) that it is hard to find people that we feel we really want to interview who are genuinely saying something different to what we already have on the channel. Another reason is that we needed to have a rest from what has been a pretty full on process for many years. conscious.tv was always a hobby (albeit intense at times) for us, it was never a business and the number of hours it was taking grew and grew. We may start to become more active in terms of making new programmes at some point but none are scheduled at this time.

But what we do have which we are very proud of is our latest book ‘Conversations On Awakening’ which is transcripts of 24 of our interviews. In fact it has actually become two books, ‘Part 1’ and ‘Part 2,’ because the interviews we wanted to include wouldn’t fit into one book. Both are now available on White Crow Books.

Part 1: contains the following transcripts:

A.H Almaas Endless Enlightenment
    Jessica Britt The Great Alchemy
    Sheikh Burhanuddin The Journey of a Modern Sufi Mystic
    Linda Clair I Am Enlightened
    John Butler Discovering Stillness – Parts 1 and 2
    Billy Doyle The Mirage of Separation
    Georgi Y. Johnson I Am Here
    Cynthia Bourgeault Seeing with the Eyes of the Heart
    Gabor Harsanyi The Master of Silence
    Tess Hughes The Non-Event of No Self
    Philip Jacobs The Pathless Path Igor Kufayev The Impact of Awakening

You can find full details including ordering information of Part 1 here

And Part 2: Susanne Marie Embodiment is Never Ending

Debra Wilkinson Awake and Ready
    Richard Moss Radical Aliveness
    Mukti The Embodiment of Enlightenment
    Miek Pot Into The Great Silence
    Reggie Ray Finding Realisation in the Body
    Aloka (David Smith) The Awakened Mind is Born
    Deborah Westmoreland Being Knowing Being
    Russel Williams Looking Through the Horse’s Eyes
    Jurgen Ziewe The Ten Minute Moment
    Martyn Wilson The State of no Thought
    Jah Wobble Riding the Sonic Boom to Heaven

You can find full details including ordering information of Part 2 here

Here are the programmes we have recorded since our last newsletter:

Leonard Jacobson - 'The Path Of Champions' - Interview by Iain McNay Author of 'Journey Into Now - Clear Guidance on the Path of Spiritual Awakening', 'Words From Silence' and 'Bridging Heaven and Earth: A Return to the One .' Leonard was originally working as a lawyer in Australia when he spontaneously resigned one day to follow a new path. Shortly afterwards he heard two words, 'Creativity and Communication' and this led him to become a copywriter. In Xmas 1981 he had the first of a dramatic spiritual opening on a retreat which completely changed the path of his life and his understanding of reality. More awakening experiences followed each with a period of integration in between. He now has a unique teaching which has two basic steps; the first step leading to presence, and the second to mastery. The second step is divided into 4 stages. Resistance of the Ego; Denial of who you have become; Repression of past emotions and Entanglement to the Other. In this interview Leonard talks about his path and his teaching.

Shakti Caterina Maggi – ‘How Consciousness Becomes Human’ - Interview by Renate McNay Shakti is a spiritual teacher sharing her message of embodied awakening to our True Nature. As a child she already had spiritual experiences and in 2003, while working as a financial reporter in Milan, had her first Kundalini awakening. She fell asleep with a deep sense of love and woke up at 2am with all her body in bliss. A friend took her to a Satsang where Caterina realised that she had never existed. She never felt as a Person again, or fell back into identification. She saw that she was not in charge of her spiritual Life and it's not a Person who wakes up, it's Consciousness. She explains what true Embodiment means and how Consciousness becomes a Human Being. Her message is: "Awaken to Life and not run away from it and see Life through the Emptiness of the Heart."

Jonathan Donahue - 'The Lamp Went On' - Interview by Iain McNay Jonathan is co-founder, vocalist and songwriter with the American band Mercury Rev whose seminal album is 'Deserters Songs.' After the release of the band's third album he experienced an opening which completely changed his take on reality, the way he saw life, and the way he wrote and performed songs. 'True creation comes when there is space for it, when there is a letting go of our images and identity. There is also more appreciation of the whole; how everything fits together. The music becomes more like a stream of consciousness.'

If you would like to catch us on Social Media you can find us here:

https://www.facebook.com/conscioustv/?ref=bookmarks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1785...?ref=bookmarks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

17. Link to Post #7589
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Mahavatar Babaji - The Definitive Documentary of Babaji - An Immortal Master

Mahavatar Babaji - The Definitive Documentary of Babaji - An Immortal Master. This is my Mahavatar Babaji documentary. If you have wanted to know the story of Babaji, this video is it. The life of Babaji is told here. Is Babaji still alive? Who is Mahavatar Babaji? Where is Babaji now? It's all in here. At the end, I talk about Haidakhan Babaji. And I mention Mahavatar Babaji and Jesus.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eva2 (13th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), Heart-2-Heart (13th November 2019), suzzycowgirl (13th November 2019)

19. Link to Post #7590
    United States Avalon Member suzzycowgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

I love to read this story. It reminds me of our limitless power.

Finding Babaji

On another occasion Babaji’s sacred circle was disturbed by the arrival of a stranger. He had climbed with astonishing skill to the nearly inaccessible ledge near the camp of the master.

“‘Sir, you must be the great Babaji.’ The man’s face was lit with inexpressible reverence. ‘For months I have pursued a ceaseless search for you among these forbidding crags. I implore you to accept me as a disciple.’

“When the great guru made no response, the man pointed to the rocky chasm at his feet.

“‘If you refuse me, I will jump from this mountain. Life has no further value if I cannot win your guidance to the Divine.’

“‘Jump then,’ Babaji said unemotionally. ‘I cannot accept you in your present state of development.’

“The man immediately hurled himself over the cliff. Babaji instructed the shocked disciples to fetch the stranger’s body. When they returned with the mangled form, the master placed his divine hand on the dead man. Lo! he opened his eyes and prostrated himself humbly before the omnipotent one.

“‘You are now ready for discipleship.’ Babaji beamed lovingly on his resurrected chela. ‘You have courageously passed a difficult test. Death shall not touch you again; now you are one of our immortal flock.’ Then he spoke his usual words of departure, ‘Dera danda uthao’; the whole group vanished from the mountain.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzzycowgirl For This Post:

greybeard (13th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), Heart-2-Heart (13th November 2019)

21. Link to Post #7591
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Find Some Time to Watch This because It WIll Help You For the Rest of Your Life!

This is probably one of the most life changing video you'll ever see in your life. Enlightened Guru Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi explains about the importance of abiding in silence by constant Self-enquiry. If you find this video helpful to you, please share it and SUBSCRIBE to get latest video updates: https://goo.gl/GHCWEi

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eva2 (17th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), O Donna (18th November 2019)

23. Link to Post #7592
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My Awakening Experience! Explained in detail! Rupert Spira

Spirituality Stop
    IN this video, I explain the two paths that any spiritual seeker can follow to realize his true nature.

What does a Seeker on the Spiritual path really seek? What does he wish to attain at the end of the Spiritual journey? You must have asked yourself these questions before you all embarked on your own Spiritual Journey! isn't that so? Now to tell you what a Spiritual seeker really seeks, you need to know that there are two major paths that you can use to reach your Spiritual goal, and those two paths are, the path of Devotion and the path of knowledge! On the path devotion, the spiritual seeker seeks to have the vision of God, the vision of his chosen deity,

Chosen deity is nothing but the form of God that you are particularly attracted to, that you have immense love for, and that form could be the form of Christ, form of Rama, or Krishna, Buddha, or any form that you have, you know, love for! So if one is following the path of devotion, then he craves for the vision of God, he prays unceasingly to Him to give Him His vision, And throughout the history of Spirituality, you find saints like Kabir, Mira, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Teresa, who obtained the vision of God and there are many more who attained the Ultimate Truth simply through loving God.

In the path of knowledge you enquire into the truth of your being, which means you try to analyse the 'I' that you repeat so many times throughout the day, you try to know its nature, what it really is, is it the body, which is made up of so many things, so in this you try to see where your sense is located in this body, so you pour your Awareness on each part of your body and see whether the 'I' is located in that part or not, the legs, the belly, the hands, chest, neck, head, and so in this way you try to see where this 'I' is really located, and when you find that it's not located in any part of the body, you then move deeper, you then try to trace this I' in the thoughts and emotions, and try to see that are you the thoughts and emotions using the seer-seen principle, which says that what you can't be what you see, because the process of seeing can take place only when there is the pair
    of object and subject,
    Object is the seen and the subject is the seer, and it's commonsensical that the object can't be the subject, so you use this principle when you try to trace the sense of "I" in the thoughts and emotions, And as you can see the thoughts and emotions, so how can you be the thoughts and emotions, you are the seer of thoughts and emotions,
    So This is the final conclusion that is reached when one follows the path of knowledge, This is called neti, neti, not this, not this, you discard what is not you, and when you do so, you are left with Yourself, The True You!!!

Rights of this video belong to Spirituality Stop Channel.

Footage licensed through Videoblocks. I own the commercial license for all the content used in this video.

I've used Rupert Spira's content with his kind permission.

About Rupert Spira:

Rupert Spira is a spiritual teacher and writer in the branch of nonduality, (Advaita in Sanskrit), exploring the nature of experience in his essays and texts. He has published several books, and a few DVDs with interviews. He holds regular meetings and retreats in the UK, Europe and the US.

He continually works to investigate the nature of mind and reality through his philosophy and pottery. The pottery is the result of the artist's wish to make elegant pieces, in harmony with nature and human awareness.

Rupert says, "The greatest discovery in life is to discover that our essential nature does not share the limits nor the destiny of the body and mind"

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eva2 (17th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), kfm27917 (1st December 2019), O Donna (18th November 2019)

25. Link to Post #7593
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Enlightenment Experience - Paramahansa Yogananda's Enlightenment (Autobiography of a Yogi)

Paramahansa Yogananda's enlightenment experience and his valuable advice for all those who are on the spiritual path! Best teachings of Enlightened Yogi and Guru Sri Paramahansa Yogananda.

If you find this video helpful to you, Please SUBSCRIBE to get latest video updates: https://goo.gl/GHCWEi

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Guish (18th November 2019), O Donna (18th November 2019), suzzycowgirl (17th November 2019)

27. Link to Post #7594
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 times in 438 posts

In summary: The guru made him to leave his body (exteriorize) and explained what he saw. Then the guru told him about god (evaluated for him).
    Better way would have been to teach the student to leave the body at his own will and cause.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

greybeard (17th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), suzzycowgirl (17th November 2019)

29. Link to Post #7595
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Cara (18th November 2019), greybeard (17th November 2019), Guish (18th November 2019), justntime2learn (18th November 2019), kfm27917 (1st December 2019), suzzycowgirl (17th November 2019)

31. Link to Post #7596
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Dear friends,

I have started to create a series of meditation sessions which can be accessed from the link below. All the resources are free and can be incorporated to your daily practice. You can choose to subscribe to the show to receive updates.

https://www.spreaker.com/show/medita...s-with-geerish

Lots of love,
    Geerish.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

greybeard (18th November 2019), justntime2learn (18th November 2019), O Donna (18th November 2019), suzzycowgirl (18th November 2019), Wind (19th November 2019)

33. Link to Post #7597
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Beautiful people,

I published another article on "Motivating you to take actions" on my blog:

https://attentiveness.art.blog/2019/...-take-actions/

Much love,
    Geerish.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

greybeard (23rd November 2019), justntime2learn (18th November 2019), O Donna (18th November 2019), Wind (19th November 2019)

35. Link to Post #7598
    Language
    English
    Thanks

3. Fundamental questions in spiritual life| Aparokshanubhuti| Swami Sarvapriyananda

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Guish (22nd November 2019), suzzycowgirl (20th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #7599
    Language
    English
    Thanks

One Of The Most Enlightened Scientists Alive - Nassim Haramein

38. Link to Post #7600
    Language
    English
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 431 FirstFirst 1 280 330 370 380 390 430 431 LastLast