+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 431 FirstFirst 1 258 308 348 358 368 408 431 LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #7141
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

Sadhguru - There is no such thing as your soul.
    The process of reincarnation.
    -is there re-birth -body as five dimensions or five sheathes. - Annamayakosha -food body -Manomayakosha- mental body -Pranamayakosha- energy body -Physical body is very gross, mental body is subtler, energy body is even subtler but all these three are physical. -all these three dimensions carries the imprints of karma; - karmic structure, is what holds it together. Karma is the cement which holds you to the physical body. -Karma is the bondage at the same time, it’s only because of karmic stuff you can hold on to the body and be here. -Vignanamaya kosha -non-physical ,but related to the physical. -Anandamaya kosha -completely non-physical. it’s the bliss body -If the karmic structure is completely dismantled there is no soul; everything merges into everything else. -if you dismantle the karmic structure hundred percent, now you merge with the existence. This is what is referred to as mukti,or Mahasamadhi, or Mahaparinirvana, or liberation -Liberation means becoming free from the basic structures of body and mind and for all this, the karmic structure is the strings which hold these things together. - ghosts all around you -the ultimate goal for every spiritual seeker is he wants to break this whole process. -The process of reincarnation -there is no such thing as your soul

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eva2 (9th January 2019), justntime2learn (8th January 2019), petra (10th January 2019), Sojourner (13th January 2019)

3. Link to Post #7142
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,803 times in 2,559 posts

Interesting video although I am confused. Where do the astral realities fit into this equation, where do people "go" after life and during NDE's. ie, what was Jurgen Ziewe and Robert Monroe experiencing during their OBEs. How/where does all that fit into the karmic structure. Certainly gives one another perspective on the big picture.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

greybeard (9th January 2019), justntime2learn (9th January 2019), Sojourner (13th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #7143
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Jill
    its a mater of perspective.
    Sadguru is coming from non-duality and does not give an inch on that.
    His take is that there is no individual soul to go anywhere.
    The seeming individual is part of the illusion.
    Enlightenment means the realization that there is only One and you are That.

It could bee seen as different levels --different vibration.
    So the UN-enlightened are not at a high enough vibration yet to escape Maya.
    There is then the appearance of an individual soul having NDE --going to heaven on death of the body all the other things mentioned in between incarnations.
    The enlightened teachers say that as long as you believe you are seperate from "God/Creator" you will be.

This just my understanding of the moment--a maybe so.

Chris

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eva2 (9th January 2019), justntime2learn (9th January 2019), Sojourner (13th January 2019), Wind (9th January 2019)

7. Link to Post #7144
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hi Jill

There is then the appearance of an individual soul having NDE --going to heaven on death of the body all the other things mentioned in between incarnations.
    The enlightened teachers say that as long as you believe you are seperate from "God/Creator" you will be.

Chris
    Thank you - that clears up some confusion. I think the mind tends to jump in and analyze something that can never be interpreted at that level of consciousness.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

greybeard (9th January 2019), justntime2learn (9th January 2019), Sojourner (13th January 2019)

9. Link to Post #7145
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Edgar Cayce on ET's, Anunaki, Aliens & Life on Other Planets- John Van Auken

Earth-Keeper 2017: Presents John Van Auken, Prolific Author & Exec Director of the Edgar Cayce Foundation. This amazing articulate & well researched presentation offers readings from prolific seer, Edgar Cayce verifying Alien Visitations & Life on Other Planets. John Van Auken also speaks about the Anunaki, Zecharia Sitchin , Genetic Engineering, LeMuria, Atlantis, the Starseed Origin of Humanity, Timelines of the earth, Cosmos , the Nature of God & the future Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. Absolutely mesmerizing from start to finish, John also does a Q & A at the end of his lecture that you dont want to miss. Enjoy ! Copyrights Duly Resrved to Earth-Keeper Star-Gate Video Productions 2017 www.Earth-Keeper.com www.JohnVanAuken.com

Guess this comes under related matters.
    I dont normally go anywhere other than Non-duality

However we are all things.
    "Form--formless--both and neither"
    I think that quote fits what Edgar is saying about our beginnings as the "in-dweller" of the human body.
    May be so!!!
    Chris
    really really good video Chris, thanks, worth a careful listening
    I chuckled at this. Good to know I can listen, without having to watch
    He pointed me over here because I am very interested in Cayce, I just need someone to translate from "Cayce Language" into simple english

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

greybeard (18th January 2019), Sojourner (13th January 2019)

11. Link to Post #7146
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Diving Deeper in to the Near Death Experience | Anita Moorjani - Speaker & Best Selling Author

This week I share more details about my near death experience, including an analogy for what it's like when we are dealing with what seems to be endless problems in life. I speak about the importance of always choosing from a place of LOVE rather than fear. I also answer questions such as: Has the memory of your NDE started to fade since so many years have passed, or is it still vivid? Since you only had one NDE, how are you able to continue talking and writing about it, and continue sharing new insights? How can I totally change my life, even while I'm in so much pain? Tell us something that you haven't shared before from your NDE? What can we do to improve our perception of life force energy? How did your marriage change after your NDE? Did your husband come along with the new you? Can you still access that NDE space any time you want? I end the video with exciting news about a new Meditation CD that I have created with my friend Barry Goldstein that actually helps take you through a life changing NDE! (More news about that coming shortly). If you find something which you think will benefit somebody you know, please send them this video or a link to this video. Please remember to Subscribe to my channel if you haven't already done so. If you want to watch the show live, you can find it on https://anitamoorjani.com/facebook every Sunday at 12 noon Pacific / 3pm Eastern / 8pm GMT With love Anita ❤️❤️

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

johnf (18th January 2019), justntime2learn (18th January 2019)

13. Link to Post #7147
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

I found this fascinating and was curious as to what others thought.

I thought this would be right up your alley, Chris .

“To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

greybeard (18th January 2019), Wind (18th January 2019)

15. Link to Post #7148
    Language
    English
    Thanks

God is a mathematician.
    The Golden Ratio---comes up time and time again
    Thanks justntime2learn.

Chris

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (18th January 2019), justntime2learn (18th January 2019), Wind (18th January 2019)

17. Link to Post #7149
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,369 times in 4,614 posts

God is a mathematician.
    The Golden Ratio---comes up time and time again

Chris
    ...His equations too long to solve...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th January 2019), greybeard (18th January 2019), justntime2learn (18th January 2019), Wind (18th January 2019)

19. Link to Post #7150
    Thanks

I really enjoyed the following from John Milton and thought this was the right thread to share it on:

'When push comes to shove,
    When the intellectual lights go out,
    When the flashy experiences fade (and they will),
    When the highs and lows level out,
    When the senses can no longer generate or get puffed up by the “feel good stuff”,
    When the supposed “I” feels like a fragile, leaky amniotic sac due to the blows inflicted upon by clear seeing,
    When not even God can be perceived in the usual ways...what will you do?
    Will you be able to stay put, to endure the darkness, the unknowing, or will you find a new dream catcher to reflect back to you all that you are not willing to let go of yet?
    When there is nothing left but the crucible of innocent intent, what will you do?
    To stand still in this place is no easy task. All you can do is trust that which you set out to gain but which has somehow escaped you, because the way you knew That, has vanished.
    When you can sense no progress from all your efforts, and cannot see any way forward, what will you do?
    Stand still, in Innocence and trust. You have reached the end of your efforts. Something else must take over now.
    Wait~Wait~Wait
    This is how you serve God now.
    “They also serve who only stand and wait.” John Milton'

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Clear Light (19th January 2019), greybeard (18th January 2019), Hym (18th January 2019), justntime2learn (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

21. Link to Post #7151
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by Jill (here)
    I really enjoyed the following from John Milton and thought this was the right thread to share it on:

'When push comes to shove,
    When the intellectual lights go out,
    When the flashy experiences fade (and they will),
    When the highs and lows level out,
    When the senses can no longer generate or get puffed up by the “feel good stuff”,
    When the supposed “I” feels like a fragile, leaky amniotic sac due to the blows inflicted upon by clear seeing,
    When not even God can be perceived in the usual ways...what will you do?
    Will you be able to stay put, to endure the darkness, the unknowing, or will you find a new dream catcher to reflect back to you all that you are not willing to let go of yet?
    When there is nothing left but the crucible of innocent intent, what will you do?
    To stand still in this place is no easy task. All you can do is trust that which you set out to gain but which has somehow escaped you, because the way you knew That, has vanished.
    When you can sense no progress from all your efforts, and cannot see any way forward, what will you do?
    Stand still, in Innocence and trust. You have reached the end of your efforts. Something else must take over now.
    Wait~Wait~Wait
    This is how you serve God now.
    “They also serve who only stand and wait
    .” John Milton'
    Ah, or in other words, if 'I' may be so presumptive : "Who (or what) are 'you' ? And how can there be any separation between 'you' and your definition of 'God' ?

Surely, I'd suggest, it's only an experiential answer (beyond the Conceptual) that is going to Assuage / Satisfy the grasping of the Dualistic mind and its Belief System eh ?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

Eva2 (19th January 2019), greybeard (19th January 2019), justntime2learn (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

23. Link to Post #7152
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Sometimes people have to be met where they stand in order to direct them to Truth.
    Sometime there is tough love needed--to shake one out of long held beliefs.

Ramesh Balsekar said "God gave you an ego , let Him remove it"
    He also had a very non duality attitude.
    Saying "You are not the doer", often quoting this
    "Events happen
    Deeds are done
    There is no individual doer there of."

Chris

Ps its great to see "others" posting here.
    It gets lonely --smiling.
    There is always something new to be discovered--uncovered.
    Just a different perspective to the same ancient Truth can lead to an awakening.
    Just when you thought it safe to go out in duality--smiling
    Or rather the ego did.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 19th January 2019 at 12:03. Reason: dyslexic mistake

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Clear Light (19th January 2019), Eva2 (20th January 2019), Heart-2-Heart (19th January 2019), justntime2learn (19th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

25. Link to Post #7153
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Exploring Sacred Sites-at Monroe Institute 2018
    John Van Auken Keynote

In his keynote address at the TMI 2018 Professional Seminar, John Van Auken, PhD, leads a mystical, metaphysical tour of ancient spiritual sites around the world. John recounts curious tales concerning the inhabitants of these sites and their reasons for building them and how our own souls were involved with these sites prior to this incarnation.
    The tour includes temples, pyramids, and legends from sites worldwide.
    John Van Auken is an internationally renowned speaker, a long-time A.R.E. staff member, a current director at A.R.E., and a popular leader of A.R.E.’s tours to sacred sites around the world.
    He is the author of numerous bestselling books including Edgar Cayce on the Spiritual Forces Within You and Angels, Fairies, Demons, & the Elementals, and is co-author of his most recent, Edgar Cayce on the Mysterious Essenes: Lessons from Our Sacred Past.
    His extensive knowledge of the Edgar Cayce readings, the Bible, ancient Egypt mysticism, world religions, and Christ Consciousness make him a popular and authoritative teacher.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Guish (19th January 2019), Heart-2-Heart (19th January 2019), Hervé (19th January 2019), justntime2learn (19th January 2019)

27. Link to Post #7154
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Hi Jill

Chris
    From a zen perspective, trying to understand after death makes one stray away from the present moment. It doesn't matter.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Guish For This Post:

justntime2learn (19th January 2019)

29. Link to Post #7155
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

~ Become a Lake ~

An aging master grew tired of his apprentice’s complaints. One morning, he sent him to get some salt. When the apprentice returned, the master told him to mix a handful of salt in a glass of water and then drink it.

“How does it taste?” the master asked.
    “Bitter,” said the apprentice.

The master chuckled and then asked the young man to take the same handful of salt and put it in the lake. The two walked in silence to the nearby lake and once the apprentice swirled his handful of salt in the water, the old man said, “Now drink from the lake.”

As the water dripped down the young man’s chin, the master asked, “How does it taste?”

“Fresh,” remarked the apprentice.
    “Do you taste the salt?” asked the master.

“No,” said the young man. At this the master sat beside this serious young man, and explained softly:

“The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less. The amount of pain in life remains exactly the same. However, the amount of bitterness we taste depends on the container we put the pain in. So when you are in pain, the only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things. Stop being a glass. Become a lake.”
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

greybeard (19th January 2019), justntime2learn (19th January 2019), lake (19th January 2019), Pam (20th January 2019), Rosemarie (20th January 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #7156
    Thanks

'Ah, or in other words, if 'I' may be so presumptive : "Who (or what) are 'you' ? And how can there be any separation between 'you' and your definition of 'God' ?

Surely, I'd suggest, it's only an experiential answer (beyond the Conceptual) that is going to Assuage / Satisfy the grasping of the Dualistic mind and its Belief System eh ? '
    "
    I agree with your point but I also take in the "verse" as a whole. Perhaps there is a whole lot more around those two phrases than what we perceive with our mind and it actually does fit in with the non-dualistic viewpoint. I tend to be a very analytical person and my mind wants to have a clear, logical understanding of everything it sees and hears. I have been trying for some time to get away from this and just take in something as a "whole". I try to stay away from the need to intellectually analyze and define everything individually within that whole. Anyway, since my mind is always interfering, that is just how I am "trying" to perceive things now.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eva2 For This Post:

Clear Light (19th January 2019), greybeard (19th January 2019), justntime2learn (19th January 2019), Them (14th March 2019), Wind (20th January 2019)

33. Link to Post #7157
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,540 times in 813 posts

Quote Posted by Guish (here)
    ~ Become a Lake ~

An aging master grew tired of his apprentice’s complaints. One morning, he sent him to get some salt. When the apprentice returned, the master told him to mix a handful of salt in a glass of water and then drink it.

“How does it taste?” the master asked.
    “Bitter,” said the apprentice.

The master chuckled and then asked the young man to take the same handful of salt and put it in the lake. The two walked in silence to the nearby lake and once the apprentice swirled his handful of salt in the water, the old man said, “Now drink from the lake.”

As the water dripped down the young man’s chin, the master asked, “How does it taste?”

“Fresh,” remarked the apprentice.
    “Do you taste the salt?” asked the master.

“No,” said the young man. At this the master sat beside this serious young man, and explained softly:

“The pain of life is pure salt; no more, no less. The amount of pain in life remains exactly the same. However, the amount of bitterness we taste depends on the container we put the pain in. So when you are in pain, the only thing you can do is to enlarge your sense of things. Stop being a glass. Become a lake.”
    Hey Guish in the last year you have posted 7 times....and in all of this thread you posted this, above, once before!

If I may ask....Why did you post the above, exactly at the time you did today?
    Normal..!

34. Link to Post #7158
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Lake you may not get an answer or some time--Guish is a busy person.
    If there is one mind--that may be a thought for the moment.
    Im off for a while Saturday night TV and The Voice calls to me.

Much love
    Chris

35. Link to Post #7159
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

No sod it....currently Guish is on line here and I wish to know.......why?

To me it is important!
    Normal..!

36. Link to Post #7160
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Dont try to tell me that we are all 'one'.....post within this realm when 'other' actions have occurred which you shouldn't have knowledge....and then just stroll away!

F%*k you if you do that Guish!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

A.....N....D ...........................Guish has left the building!

Sod your all one....utter crap.
    Normal..!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 431 FirstFirst 1 258 308 348 358 368 408 431 LastLast