+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 431 FirstFirst 1 2 52 92 102 112 152 202 431 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #2021
    United States Avalon Member wolfgaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Welcome welcome welcome Wolfgaze.
    Thanks for your contribution, which is much appreciated.
    Keep it coming.

Chris
    Thanks very much Chris.

Cheers!

-wolf
    "Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolfgaze For This Post:

Eram (6th April 2013), greybeard (1st April 2013), sandy (2nd April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), Wind (2nd April 2013)

3. Link to Post #2022
    United States Avalon Member wolfgaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is an interesting video I had come across on another forum not long ago. It's a brief (9 minute) video by Dr. Frank Kinslow about stopping your thoughts. He walks the viewer through a practical example or exercise of how to do this by asking the viewer a few questions to try and answer:

This video may be helpful for individuals plagued by compulsive & debilitating thoughts in that it demonstrates that you can find techniques & methods for exercising control over your overactive mind/ego and switch or turn it off. It appears Dr. Kinslow has his own model for trying to teach others how to learn to do this in their lives - I have not explored his work beyond this video though.

That being said, there are many individuals who speak on matters relating to consciousness who introduce their own unique conceptualizations and models/methods for working towards a higher state of awareness for the PRESENT moment and control over the mind/ego. I don't feel that any one method or conceptualization is necessarily any better than the others, but that it's about finding what works best for YOU. You may find yourself relating to different elements from various conceptualizations/models or even coming up with your own techniques & methods for regaining control over your conscious state and bringing your awareness into the PRESENT moment.

Eckhart Tolle has his own unique model whereby he encourages you to become a Watcher or Observer of your emotions. Rather than just being a victim of your emotional state and completely consumed by those emotions, he encourages you to take a step back and catch yourself in the act and to consciously 'observe' and 'watch' what is transpiring in you so that you have awareness of exactly what is happening. This act or process of Watching/Observing your emotional state serves to draw energy away from the portion of your brain/mind (ego) that is responsible for creating it. It is a technique/method for bringing your awareness back into the PRESENT or what Tolle likes to call the 'NOW' - ultimately it's about regaining control over your emotional state and control over the influence that your mind/ego has on your conscious state.

The goal is to work towards a state of consciousness or level of awareness where you are embracing/experiencing the present moment and not consumed by your perception of what has transpired in the 'past' and/or desperately looking towards the 'future' with hopes that it will bring relief or save you from your pain. I've found working towards this state can be slow-going at first but do not allow yourself to become discouraged or disappointed if you do not experience overnight success. While your progress may only seem gradual and incremental in the beginning, you may be surprised to find yourself making exponential gains/advances in your progress as you continue along. Perhaps a better term here is 'breakthroughs', they can arrive even when you least expect them to.

Remember, it's important to explore & experiment to find what ultimately works best for YOU. : )
    Last edited by wolfgaze; 2nd April 2013 at 01:11.
    "Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death."

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wolfgaze For This Post:

AwakeInADream (2nd April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), greybeard (1st April 2013), Rich (2nd April 2013), sandy (2nd April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), Wind (2nd April 2013)

5. Link to Post #2023
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

The reason why the pyramids were built also communication beyond the speed of light.
    While its beyond my complete understanding David Sereda is good at explaining and he does back up what he claims with some experiments on the video.
    Spirituality touched on lightly/ this is mainly scientific.
    Enthralling.

Chris

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eram (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

7. Link to Post #2024
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Terence McKenna Dreaming Awake at the End of Time

Not that easy to understand but very amusing, wordy, brilliant, educational.
    Well worth listening to repeatedly

Chris

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), william r sanford72 (4th April 2013)

9. Link to Post #2025
    Language
    English
    Thanks

From Global Coherence Initiative

Dear Chris,

Did you know that the earth’s magnetic resonances vibrate at the same frequency as the human heart?

Scientists at the Institute of HeartMath and Global Coherence Initiative are making exciting discoveries in their exploration of the energetic influences of solar and geomagnetic activity on humans.

This research is now in a critical phase as we examine more closely how these influences affect our emotions, collective behavior, health and well-being.

The Sun, Earth and People: It’s All Connected! is an enlightening visual pictorial on these exciting new findings. Click below… you will be amazed at what you learn.

http://www.glcoherence.org/templates...mail=156261627

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th April 2013), DeDukshyn (4th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), Rich (4th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), we-R-one (7th April 2013), wolfgaze (5th April 2013)

11. Link to Post #2026
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Scottish humour

White smoke coming from chimney of local job centre.
    Passer by heard to say reverently.
    They found some one a job.
    Its a miracle.

Chris

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

13. Link to Post #2027
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Did you know that the earth’s magnetic resonances vibrate at the same frequency as the human heart?
    I wonder about the consciousness of planets and stars maybe they're gods of some sort.
    If we believe that humans are higher organisms than other earth animals, must planets/suns not be higher up the scale as well?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th April 2013), donk (6th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), greybeard (4th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

15. Link to Post #2028
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    I wonder about the consciousness of planets and stars maybe they're gods of some sort.
    If we believe that humans are higher organisms than other earth animals, must planets/suns not be higher up the scale as well?
    Thats a good question EmEx.
    The late Dr David Hawkins had in his book Power vs Force a map/scale of consciousness where he calculated the consciousness/frequency of many things.

http://www.veritaspub.com/

The Komodo Dragon for example calibrated higher than some human dictators.
    So not all humans calibrated the same---
    You were safer with Ko Ko the intelligent gorrila than many humans.
    Of course at the top of the human scale you have mystics saints etc
    No doubt Mother Earth would calibrate highly as would the Sun.

Chris

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th April 2013), DeDukshyn (4th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th April 2013), Rich (4th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

17. Link to Post #2029
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I find the "Star Larvae" theory, an interesting one. It makes some sense from a consciousness evolution standpoint.

When spirit brushes matter gently and consistently, life is born. When spirit brushes matter with intensity, Stars are born -- paraphrased from one of my favourite authors.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), greybeard (4th April 2013), Rich (4th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

19. Link to Post #2030
    Thanks

Chris, we seem to have a different opinion on this.

To say that humans are more spiritually aware than other earth animals (or calibrate higher as you put it)
    sounds unreasonable to me (seeing how the human consciousness [programming] makes body/world seem heavy and concrete).
    From what I heard animal-psychics and some masters say most animals have
    more awareness than humans and are awake to the game of consciousness.
    They probably don't identify with the body like humans do.

But do other animals have the potential of human consciousness, expressing
    the creativity of Source/Self/God?
    Nityananda said something like; God being especially present in humans.

In the same way I thought that perhaps planets and stars are a
    higher organism than humans, considering that earth is said to be our mother,
    and the sun perhaps being the mother of the solar system.
    Last edited by Rich; 6th April 2013 at 12:00.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

donk (6th April 2013), Eram (6th April 2013), greybeard (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

21. Link to Post #2031
    Thanks

Quote Pay attention to what's not changing, and gradually, only what's not changing is there.
    That even what is changing becomes what's not changing.
    It may sound over-simplistic, even naive as an advice.
    But it is the sage's secret, and it works.
    Don't keep picking up thoughts; just stay Here.
    Here is your monastery, your ashram, your temple, your home, your Self.
    Know this and move wherever your Heart and the winds of life and existence takes you.
    And even this day when your body shall fall, you'll be here to watch it also.

~Mooji

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Eram (6th April 2013), greybeard (6th April 2013), Heart-2-Heart (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

23. Link to Post #2032
    Language
    English
    Thanks

To say that humans are more spiritually aware than other earth animals (or calibrate higher as you put it)
    sounds unreasonable to me (seeing how the human consciousness [programming] makes body/world seem heavy and concrete).

Respectfully EmEx I did not say that humans en-mass calibrate higher than anything---they calibrate higher and lower person to person.
    Trees are probably enlightened and many other things--just a different kind of enlightenment.
    Frankly I dont have an opinion im sharing what Dr Hawkins said---I have no way of knowing.
    I will say, as said before some where on the thread, that I believe ---only God is and That expresses it self in many different shapes and forms of varying spiritual energy-- but regardless all is God.
    So Sun and Earth are living expressions of God as we and everything else are.
    That's as close as I can get.
    Bet wishes Chris

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

donk (6th April 2013), Eram (7th April 2013), Rich (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), Wind (7th April 2013)

25. Link to Post #2033
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Now this brings to mind something from Eckhart Tolle.
    As best I remember the essence of this is.
    Humans were enlightened before in the same way that animals are--- a kind of just being in the moment.
    We had to lose that level of awareness---call it the fall--- but in the recovering from the fall a higher level of enlightenment than the original is achieved.
    I believe we are on our way to unity consciousness--- all word definitions just point to what can be experienced but not properly defined/described.

Chris

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th April 2013), DeDukshyn (6th April 2013), donk (6th April 2013), Eram (7th April 2013), Rich (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), Wind (7th April 2013)

27. Link to Post #2034
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Science meets spirituality. My favourite subject
    thanks to Micjer

Published on 29 Dec 2012

The truth is here, not out there http://TopSecretWorld.com ! Mind Science Kept Hidden Documentary - The language of quantum communication:
    This may be good for us all to keep in mind as we progress in our endeavours - the more science delves into it, the more potential it seems to show what our minds are capable of...
    Covers so many topics, from secret research, remote viewing, energy chakras confirmed by Russian experiments, etc...
    One guy was creating images on his camera (even when the cover was on!)
    We have unlimited potential literally... We have the ability to communicate over almost infinite space... We can have a positive or negative influence on our physical bodies (and minds)...and on the bodies and minds of other people. Conscious mind exerts a force on other forces... Can penetrate any form of matter... Can transcend space and time.
    Has been proven in many scientific experiments to affect ph of water, or change the random numbers on a computer generator... Has been calculated to travel from earth to Sun in 1/347 of a second (faster then speed of light) (secret societies call it "speed of thought")

Because this so clearly convinces me of the reality of this 'conscious energy' in a very odd way it makes it much more easier for me to both believe and understand why there would be evil forces using this too. But wreaking havoc for the sole purpose of disrupting this energy, to use choas to unbalance everyone elses energy, or energy stealing, creating 'fear campaigns' 'fear porn' propaganda, keeping us all in lower vibrations, separate from our own conscious power potential...

I feel I should add: this video doesn't talk about the "evil forces part
    it is all about the positive scientific potential aspect...
    Follow Top Secret News1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/TopSecretNews1 and on facebook http://www.facebook.com/TopSecretNews1

Top Secret News * Latest news today * breaking news today * NWO news * Conspiracy News * Official Website http://TopSecretWorld.com the Truth is Here, not out there!!

Category

Science & Technology

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th April 2013), Eram (7th April 2013), gripreaper (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), truthseekerdan (7th April 2013)

29. Link to Post #2035
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Jenny Wade published her consummate work: "Changes of Mind" in 1996, and it is companion to Dr Hawkin's work. Jenny really takes development to the full extent, and her ability to walk the reader through it surpasses anything I have read on the subject. Her work was not as renowned as Aurobindo, Huxley, Watts, Wilber, Hawkin's, Tolle and others, but she takes all of these and all the rest of the developmental writers and distills it all down into a cohesive whole. Worth the time it takes to read. Here is one review:

http://www.primal-page.com/changejr.htm
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

DeDukshyn (10th April 2013), Eram (7th April 2013), greybeard (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

31. Link to Post #2036
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Now this brings to mind something from Eckhart Tolle.
    As best I remember the essence of this is.
    Humans were enlightened before in the same way that animals are--- a kind of just being in the moment.
    We had to lose that level of awareness---call it the fall--- but in the recovering from the fall a higher level of enlightenment than the original is achieved.
    I believe we are on our way to unity consciousness--- all word definitions just point to what can be experienced but not properly defined/described.

Chris
    Yes this is fully what is written in Ken Carey texts, that there was an idea to give power to the fall rather than resist it, for exactly the concept you say Eckhart relays. In this sense is where I have issues with some of my own "US" vs "Them" mindset. It sometimes looks to me, and I believe rightly so, that we are being put through this for our own benefit, and in the beginning it was our choice. The process is just taking a tad longer than expected, but things actually seem to be very on track, when you look at it from a point of view so big that it envelops time before the "fall", and the overall human "project" if one wants to call it that.

The only way to be a successful species (as in the extension of the Creator) in this plane of existence, going through the fall and coming out the other side was deemed the most likely method to work.

Thanks for the reminder.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Eram (7th April 2013), greybeard (6th April 2013), gripreaper (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013)

33. Link to Post #2037
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I don't see things in this sense. I see a single being that inhabits earth. The humans cannot live without many of the other expressions of life, so we are not separate from this being more than your head is separate from your body. The is no real distinction between "humans" and other life on earth more than you body has distinctive parts.

Tell me, is a brain more enlightened than a liver? Yet it is the brain that does all the guidance and sensing tasks - it has that value and in those tasks is far superior than the liver, but yet without a liver, the brain will grow toxic, cease to function and die. Each are important in their role - to give any further special status to one part of a body is pointless.

Thus the question of "enlightenment of humans vs ..." is completely irrelevant in my personal opinion, because we are one being, and when that one being has becomed enlightened as a whole, are has "sufficiently awoken", as Carey texts puts it, then all life on the planet will be affected, and will begin again to operate as the single Being it is, with all the life It creates, as His body.

I rather long for the day when humanity will work together with all the life on earth, once again. When we reach that point, we will then be ready to prepare for the next step: Interstellar travel -- as a single being, likely in a living ship, that will be an extension of our being. Maybe it'll be a while yet ... who knows, just thoughts to consider

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Eram (7th April 2013), greybeard (6th April 2013), Rich (6th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), Wind (7th April 2013)

35. Link to Post #2038
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Anita Moorjani in Sedona

Published on 1 Apr 2013

On Saturday, March 23, 2013, near-death experiencer and New York Times bestselling author Anita Moorjani spoke at the Creative Life Center in Sedona, Arizona. This special event was co-sponsored by NewHeavenNewEarth (NHNE) and The Mustard Seed Venture (see below for links). Special thanks to Bruce Fraser of Sedona Videos for filming this event for us:

http://www.sedonavideos.com/

Anita Moorjani was born in Singapore of Indian parents. At the age of two, Anita moved to Hong Kong where she grew up speaking English, Cantonese and Sindhi, an Indian dialect. In April of 2002, Anita was diagnosed with cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma). After four years of struggling with cancer, Anita's body, riddled with tumors the size of lemons, began to fail. In February of 2006, she slipped into a coma. Doctors gave her hours to live. As her body lay dying, Anita entered another dimension. In this otherworldly place, Anita experienced profound peace and love. She also learned many things about life, and the laws of life, including how she had caused her own cancer. Then she was given a choice: stay on the other side, or return to Earth. After being reassured that her body would heal itself if she returned, Anita chose to return and share with others what she learned. To the amazement of her doctors, Anita woke up from her coma and within weeks her body was fully healed. Anita's life is now filled with the depths and insights she gained while in the other realm.

World renowned author Dr. Wayne Dyer discovered Anita's story and encouraged her to write a book. Anita's book, "Dying to be Me," hit the New York Times Bestsellers List only two weeks after its release in March, 2012. Because of the power of her story, Anita regularly addresses sell-out crowds all over the world.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eram (7th April 2013), Shadowman (7th April 2013), truthseekerdan (7th April 2013)

37. Link to Post #2039
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Dear Friends,

The philosopher Epictetus(AD55-135) wrote:
    "People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of things."
    If you look closely, you will find that by far the greater part of any unhappiness in you is created not by situations, but by what your mind is saying about them. It's created by the self-talk in your head. Such dysfunctional thinking strengthens the ego, but it weakens you. How to end it? Meet situations and people without judgment. Don't indulge in mental movies about past and future. Give your fullest attention to the present moment without mentally labeling it. This is the arising of Presence, a new state of consciousness that frees your mind from its old conditioning. This new consciousness will give rise to a new world.

With love and blessings

Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

Eram (7th April 2013), greybeard (7th April 2013), Marie (14th April 2013), Shadowman (30th April 2013), Wind (8th April 2013), wolfgaze (9th April 2013)

39. Link to Post #2040
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Eben Alexander MD at TMI Professional Seminar 2012.

Dr. Alexander, a renowned academic neurosurgeon, spent 54 years honing his scientific worldview. He thought he knew how the brain and mind worked. A transcendental Near-Death Experience (NDE), in which he was driven to the brink of death and spent a week deep in coma from an inexplicable brain infection, changed all of that -- completely. (from http://www.lifebeyonddeath.net/author)

Later he sought to reconnect with the peace and understanding of that experience and found it through programs at The Monroe Institute. This presentation was made at the 2012 Professional Seminar at The Monroe Institute.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Eram (7th April 2013), Shadowman (30th April 2013), we-R-one (7th April 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 431 FirstFirst 1 2 52 92 102 112 152 202 431 LastLast