+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 431 FirstFirst 1 8 18 28 68 118 431 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #341
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,243 times in 914 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

I feel I am in that very situation like when you are starting to wake up in the morning and for about 10 to 30 minutes you are awake but still not your own, still kinda sleepy and almost like drunk... :-)...
    Love, love - and see what happens

2. Link to Post #342
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Quote Posted by Beren (here)
    I feel I am in that very situation like when you are starting to wake up in the morning and for about 10 to 30 minutes you are awake but still not your own, still kinda sleepy and almost like drunk... :-)...
    Yes Beren
    I am fully alert yet when walking its like I have had a few drinks.
    Walking in a straight line requires concentration.
    I got every test under the sun done by Dr's I very fit for my advancing years, so its nothing to do with health.
    While sharp of mind I feel disconnected from the world, its actually quite pleasant.
    However I wish either the world would change or I was home.
    if I woke up dead tomorrow that would be fine.
    I have been aware and awake so long im getting tired.
    Love Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

3. Link to Post #343
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Love Chris
    Don't think negative Chris, you still have a mission to fulfill...

Love to you my friend,

Dan
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

4. Link to Post #344
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Yes Beren
    I am fully alert yet when walking its like I have had a few drinks.
    I got every test under the sun done by Dr's I very fit for my advancing years, so its nothing to do with health.
    While sharp of mind I feel disconnected from the world, its actually quite pleasant.
    However I wish either the world would change or I was home.
    Love Chris
    Hello Chris,
    You are doing a great job on the forum ...keep it up
    love and light
    blue

5. Link to Post #345
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

I dont want to sidetrack this thread but it seems that healing (processing of catalyst, learning, acceptance, healing) is required. The kind doctors don't always do so well...
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

6. Link to Post #346
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by John (here)
    I dont want to sidetrack this thread but it seems that healing (processing of catalyst, learning, acceptance, healing) is required. The kind doctors don't always do so well...
    Hi John
    You are welcome to side track this thread anytime ad your thoughts are taken on board.
    Blue777 Thank you for your kind words.
    I just share to the best of my ability.
    Dan Im ok really.
    Humor is intact.
    I got a model T Ford of a body an updated version would be welcome.
    There is no fear of death now thank to many events and the teachings of enlightened sages.
    it saddens me that people have little understanding of the various teachings since Mystics first spoke of their subjective experience of the state of enlightenment.
    They all say the same thing.
    Now it is expressed in modern language by those in that state currently.

A "person" in this era who alludes to the fact that they are God is much misunderstood-- thats our natural state before fallen consciousness which we are returning to hopefully en mass.

Sai Baba was asked "Are you God" his answer "Yes but so are you, the only difference is that I know that and you don't----yet"

the Indian culture accepts statements such as that because there is a long tradition of "God men", Its called "God realization" Simply put, it is the realization of the presence of God within. The "In-dweller" If that presence wasn't within, you would not be alive in the body.
    The me is a illusion created by Maya -- through the ego.
    It was meant to be.
    It is now a time of awakening to our true state,
    People can easily believe in the Mystics of the past Krishna, The Buddha, Christ, Ramana yet have the greatest difficulty in believing in the Mystics of our time.
    There have always been Mystics and there are here now.
    Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins to name but two and I am sure there are many others.
    They all point to the the Truth which is ever new---- the Eternal Now-- the presence of God within all.

Thanks again for the encouragement which is deeply appreciated.

Chris
    Namaste

We are all Mystics in waiting.
    Last edited by greybeard; 27th July 2010 at 09:38.

7. Link to Post #347
    Thanks

It is now a time of awakening to our true state,
    People can easily believe in the Mystics of the past Krishna, The Buddha, Christ, Ramana yet have the greatest difficulty in believing in the Mystics of our time.
    There have always been Mystics and there are here now.
    Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins to name but two and I am sure there are many others.
    They all point to the the Truth which is ever new---- the Eternal Now-- the presence of God within all
    We are all Mystics in waiting.
    Absolutely my friend, very well put.

777 posts ~ very mystical!

Also the feeling of being drunk has been described by others as being a part of the God or cosmic consciousness experience.

You very well may be enlightened already!

Love,

Kriya
    NEVER MIND HIS SILENCE~REMEMBER HE IS LISTENING

8. Link to Post #348
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kriya (here)
    Absolutely my friend, very well put.

777 posts ~ very mystical!

Also the feeling of being drunk has been described by others as being a part of the God or cosmic consciousness experience.

You very well may be enlightened already!

Love,

Kriya
    I wish Kriya!!!!
    Have had glimpses but as Eckhart says "The enlightenment experience tends to come and go"
    True enlightenment is a permanent state rather than a transient experience but its an encouragement to persevere with the letting go of obstacles to enlightenment.
    The peeling of the onion as David Icke said on the video with Messer.
    I have never been into the teachings of Icke but in that video he really hits the nail on the head.
    The mind will takes us anywhere we believe is true even after death of the body.
    We are waves of the ocean and to the Ocean we return when this play of consciousness comes to a end, only eternal timeless awareness remains,
    Love Chris

9. Link to Post #349
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,835 times in 3,731 posts

You are welcome to side track this thread anytime ad your thoughts are taken on board.
    I am told, that when things go wrong with your body, there is very often a very good reason and a lesson to be learned. To keep this vaguely on topic, it may well be something the ego doesnt want admitted!

Among the sources of the catalyst are pre-incarnation programming; or a response to something you have done or are doing that is being flagged by the universe (in the form of your guides/higher-self) for attention.

In your case you have broadly described this as something akin to a balance problem. In thinking about this, I will tell you I have a vision of someone who is unaccustomed to tightrope walking attempting to cross a high-wire ; they know they are being watched and do not want to fall because they feel that this would be somewhat embarrassing. Fear of physical harm is not a factor here (there is a safety net) and that has been dealt with, perhaps a latent fear of ego-bruising?

So - a tightrope walker has an easier job when they remember to pick up their pole and walk with that. The pole acts to lower the center of gravity and stabilize any harsh wobbles.

Anyway these are wild stabs in the dark of random thoughts. I hope some of them mean something - if they don't, don't suppose it matters, I had some fun writing the post.

John..
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

10. Link to Post #350
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks John.
    The ego would like to think it is a spiritual thing and it may be
    Its not a dizzy feeling really I cant describe adequately.
    Others seem to be describing similar on Iluminates thread wanderers volunteers walkins etc though I am wary of labels as the ego loves that.
    Regards and thanks again Chris

11. Link to Post #351
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

"The Ego constantly strives to be always right in everything, always superior over others, never wrong about anything and never inferior to anyone, always seeking self-importance and power and often control over others, at any cost, regardless of who is hurt.

The Ego is not something that can be destroyed or "transcended" because it is a vital aspect of who we are. The ultimate objective therefore is not to attempt to destroy the Ego, but rather to subjugate the Ego, thereby bringing it under complete control in order to fulfil its real purpose.

The Ego revels in making comparisons, particularly with other people. Comparisons are usually fine for the purposes of making a considered choice, but not when they are allowed to include judgments about other people and everything else. The Ego will for example urge you to take up a sport, hobby or other skill simply as a means of feeling superior to others.

The Ego does, therefore, need to justifiably make comparisons as a function of living in the material world. For example, when walking around a supermarket, comparisons need to be made between the quality and prices of items to be purchased. This sort of comparison serves a purpose and is applied for positive reasons. In this example the reason would not be positive if the shopper was making comparisons simply because they knew it would be better than the equivalent item owned by a family member, friend, or very often a neighbor who the Ego of the person wanted to impress.

The Ego often exerts a particularly strong influence in forming personal relationships. Everyone should be attracted to a partner for genuine qualities and virtues and in particular because they are well-suited to each other. Many people will however be attracted to a partner for much more superficial and Egotistical reasons, in order to satisfy the demands of their own Ego. For example, they may perceive a potential partner to appear glamorous, attractive or wealthy, and otherwise more desirable in the eyes of others. In these cases, the Ego is in full control over something fundamentally important. This is a major reason, of course, why so many marriages fail.

The Ego has delusions of grandeur and likes nothing more than to be noticed, flattered and admired, as well as to experience power and control over others. In reality, nothing ever makes anyone better or superior to anyone else. Every single person, without exception, irrespective of how they are perceived, is a completely equal aspect of God, made in the true Spiritual image of God. If we judge others, we equally judge ourselves. Acceptance is a most important aspect of life."

Love and light,

Dan
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12. Link to Post #352
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    "The Ego constantly strives to be always right in everything, always superior over others, never wrong about anything and never inferior to anyone, always seeking self-importance and power and often control over others, at any cost, regardless of who is hurt.

The Ego is not something that can be destroyed or "transcended" because it is a vital aspect of who we are. The ultimate objective therefore is not to attempt to destroy the Ego, but rather to subjugate the Ego, thereby bringing it under complete control in order to fulfil its real purpose.

The Ego revels in making comparisons, particularly with other people. Comparisons are usually fine for the purposes of making a considered choice, but not when they are allowed to include judgments about other people and everything else. The Ego will for example urge you to take up a sport, hobby or other skill simply as a means of feeling superior to others.

The Ego does, therefore, need to justifiably make comparisons as a function of living in the material world. For example, when walking around a supermarket, comparisons need to be made between the quality and prices of items to be purchased. This sort of comparison serves a purpose and is applied for positive reasons. In this example the reason would not be positive if the shopper was making comparisons simply because they knew it would be better than the equivalent item owned by a family member, friend, or very often a neighbor who the Ego of the person wanted to impress.

The Ego often exerts a particularly strong influence in forming personal relationships. Everyone should be attracted to a partner for genuine qualities and virtues and in particular because they are well-suited to each other. Many people will however be attracted to a partner for much more superficial and Egotistical reasons, in order to satisfy the demands of their own Ego. For example, they may perceive a potential partner to appear glamorous, attractive or wealthy, and otherwise more desirable in the eyes of others. In these cases, the Ego is in full control over something fundamentally important. This is a major reason, of course, why so many marriages fail.

The Ego has delusions of grandeur and likes nothing more than to be noticed, flattered and admired, as well as to experience power and control over others. In reality, nothing ever makes anyone better or superior to anyone else. Every single person, without exception, irrespective of how they are perceived, is a completely equal aspect of God, made in the true Spiritual image of God. If we judge others, we equally judge ourselves. Acceptance is a most important aspect of life."

Love and light,

Dan
    Hi Dan you are right in that the ego is an essential part of me but only because we let that be so.
    We dont have the personal spiritual energy to transcend, but to God all things are effortless.
    Without the ego this current play would come to an end -- seems thats our destiny.
    Ego has got us this far so its not an enemy but loves making them.
    So we are an evolutionary species and its time very soon to move on beyond current egoic limitations.

Chris
    Namaste

13. Link to Post #353
    Thanks

a useful tool: improvised singing.
    the ego is never in the exact here and now but the real I always is. a useful tool is to create a song wherever you go, in your head or out loud, and focus intently on observing the exact situation around you in the exact here and now and on creating that song in the exact now. i've found that it has to be improvised and not a song sung from memory, just a simple humming tune is all. it helps you sink back into the role of the observer. when it is just you, the song and the immediate surrounding, the next step is to let go of the song.
    \

14. Link to Post #354
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thoughts for today

Ramesh Balsakar said
    "Events happen deeds are done but there is no individual doer there of"

He also said that the biggest block to spiritual progress is the thought that I am the doer.

Eckhart Tolle said.
    "There are no accidents the whole Universe brings things about"

We are in Unity consciousness, duality is an illusion of egoic mind.

It takes time to accept these statements but I believe them to be true.

Regards Chris

15. Link to Post #355
    Thanks

“Ego is no more than this: identification with form, which primarily means thought
    forms. If evil has any reality--and it has a relative, not an absolute, reality--this is also its
    definition: complete identification with form--physical forms, thought forms, emotional
    forms. This results in a total unawareness of my connectedness with the whole, my
    intrinsic oneness with the Source. This forgetfulness is original sin, suffering, delusion.
    When this delusion of utter separateness underlies and governs what I think, say, and do,
    what kind of world do I create? To find the answer to this, observe how humans relate to
    each other, read a history book, or watch the news on television tonight.”

~ Eckhart Tolle
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16. Link to Post #356
    Thanks

Quote The ego's needs are endless. It feels vulnerable and threatened and so lives in a state
    of fear and want. Once you know how the basic dysfunction operates, there is no
    need to explore all its countless manifestations, no need to make it into a complex
    personal problem. The ego, of course, loves that. It is always seeking for something
    to attach itself to in order to uphold and strengthen its illusory sense of self, and it
    will readily attach itself to your problems. This is why, for so many people, a large
    part of their sense of self is intimately connected with their problems. Once this has
    happened, the last thing they want is tobecome free of them; that would mean loss of
    self. There can be a great deal of unconscious ego investment in pain and suffering.
    So once you recognize the root of unconsciousness as identification with the mind,
    which of course includes the emotions, you step out of it. You become present. When
    you are present, you can allow the mind to be as it is without getting entangled in it.
    The mind in itself is not dysfunctional. It is a wonderful tool. Dysfunction sets in
    when you seek your self in it and mistake it for who you are. It then becomes the
    egoic mind and takes over your whole life.
    The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. Link to Post #357
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The ego loves to complicate things anything the mind can grab on to.
    Search ye first the Kingdom of God (Presence within)
    Need to meditate to do that.
    Keep that as simple as possible.
    "Be still and know that I am God"

The PTB love to distract you, they fear that rising consciousness will spell their demise or power to control.
    They are right

Its so easy to get pulled into interesting things, I do too.
    Changing time lines, pole shifts, strange weather paterns, climate change, earthquakes, oil spills, you name it.
    Ultimately they are distractions.

If we want a new world we wont discover it through more information, or awakening to what the powers that be are up to, that has its place but its relatively minor..

This is vital.
    Discovery of the Presence within will bring about a New World, we have to be the change we want to see no one else can do that.
    All theories concepts, belief systems have to be surrendered in order to transcend the ego.
    It is not possible to have a new world when the ego drags ones mind here there and everywhere looking for what??
    That which can only be found within, a peace beyond comprehension.
    The degree of spiritual evolution is measurable by the stillness of the mind.
    The still mind does not promote any kind of negativity but is a pure channel for Higher self to create all that is wholesome and good.
    In other words to create a New World
    Chris
    Namaste

18. Link to Post #358
    Thanks

If we want a new world we wont discover it through more information, or awakening to what the powers that be are up to, that has its place but its relatively minor..
    Couldn't agree more, Chris...

I wonder though if it's a two part plan...?

1) Find the present... be here now

2) Decide what to do with that all-powerful moment

ok, 3) When you've all 'found' yourselves...I recommend toddling over to Kula's pledge thread, where there are a wealth of opportunities awaiting the fully conscious being looking to use the moment fully...

;0)

Love you Chris.. !

K

19. Link to Post #359
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Unconditional love
    Chris

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Chris

20. Link to Post #360
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 times in 1,076 posts

as water is to the sea so is Love to me

as wind is to the air so is Truth to me

as green is to the grass so is Righteousness to me

I like what Hawkins says in this clip

we seek and search for love and truth

so that Love and Truth shall seek and speak through us

the language of the Heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 431 FirstFirst 1 8 18 28 68 118 431 LastLast