+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 431 FirstFirst 1 200 250 290 300 310 350 400 431 LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #5981
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

Infinite Love is the Only Truth - David Icke
    Published on Aug 21, 2016

World Tour Tickets - http://www.TheWorldWideWakeUp.com 2016/17
    Infinite Love is the Only Truth - David Icke
    All David's Books Now Available Here http://www.DavidIckeStore.com
    Social Media
    https://www.facebook.com/davidicke/
    https://twitter.com/davidicke

Well in a few words David told the whole truth.

Ch

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (24th October 2016), Heart-2-Heart (24th October 2016), joeecho (25th October 2016), Rich (24th October 2016)

3. Link to Post #5982
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I posted this else where however what struck me in particular was one sentence--Only one substance.
    Now thats what Stephen Wolinsky also said in his videos about the teachings of Nisargadatta.

There is an enormous amount of "spiritual" information in the video it will take several viewings for me to really get the essence of it.

Anyway well worth getting into
    Ch

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (24th October 2016), joeecho (25th October 2016), Wind (25th October 2016)

5. Link to Post #5983
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I posted this else where however what struck me in particular was one sentence--Only one substance.
    Now thats what Stephen Wolinsky also said in his videos about the teachings of Nisargadatta.

[snip]
    Oh, but isn't "one substance" an Abstraction, a Conceptual Designation, a Label or Description of what is essentially Form-less eh ?

Thus with regards to non-duality, what I'm suggesting is you have to go "beyond" both the ideas of Unity as well as that of Oneness to see the "underlying reality" !!!

Even though, according to Quantum Physics, there is no such thing as an "underlying reality" because it is all in "super position" until it is "observed" or conceptualised by Mind !

Much better, I'd say, to recognise the Emptiness of one's own Mind beyond ALL concepts, and rest as the Knowingness that never changes irrespective of ALL states-of-consciousness eh ?

Name:  the_heart_of_enlightenment.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  57.4 KB
    Last edited by Clear Light; 25th October 2016 at 10:22. Reason: The way "I see it" is as per the Image <3

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

betoobig (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (25th October 2016), joeecho (25th October 2016)

7. Link to Post #5984
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

.....Post Deleted, nor relevant ......
    Last edited by joeecho; 25th October 2016 at 02:16.

8. Link to Post #5985
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Clear Light (here)

[snip]

Oh, but isn't "one substance" an Abstraction, a Conceptual Designation, a Label or Description of what is essentially Form-less eh ?

Thus with regards to non-duality, what I'm suggesting is you have to go "beyond" both the ideas of Unity as well as that of Oneness to see the "underlying reality" !!!

Even though, according to Quantum Physics, there is no such thing as an "underlying reality" because it is all in "super position" until it is "observed" or conceptualised by Mind !

Much better, I'd say, to recognise the Emptiness of one's own Mind beyond ALL concepts, and rest as the Knowingness that never changes irrespective of ALL states-of-consciousness eh ?
    Yes and thats what Wolinsky says in one of the videos--He calls the process de construct--through neity neity everything must go even beyond consciousness The Absolute has no awareness or human facility --no mechanism for knowing it exists.
    The one substance is what everything in the illusion is made off--now isnt that a weird.contradiction.
    All levels of perception till there is none..
    This dream sure feels real
    David Icke in the video talks of us being the dreamer within the dream--the voice told him everything without exception is unreal--if I remember correctly.
    Anyway we are here for the moment --enjoy it.
    Ch.

Ps it like saying "Nothing" is possible Lol
    Last edited by greybeard; 25th October 2016 at 04:29.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (25th October 2016), Clear Light (25th October 2016), fourty-two (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016)

10. Link to Post #5986
    Thanks

[snip]

Yes and thats what Wolinsky says in one of the videos--He calls the process de construct--through neity neity everything must go even beyond consciousness The Absolute has no awareness or human facility --no mechanism for knowing it exists.
    The one substance is what everything in the illusion is made off--now isnt that a weird.contradiction.
    All levels of perception till there is none..
    This dream sure feels real
    David Icke in the video talks of us being the dreamer within the dream--the voice told him everything without exception is unreal--if I remember correctly.
    Anyway we are here for the moment --enjoy it.
    Ch.

Ps it like saying "Nothing" is possible Lol
    Oh, LOL, you mean it's like saying "no-thing" is possible eh ?

Which I infer to mean "don't confuse the Map with the Territory" or "don't mistake Concepts about Things to be the Things in themselves"

Here's an Image with this very theme ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	nlp-diagram-map-territory.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	34455

Now who's "Map" is more Representative of the "Truth" than others eh ?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (25th October 2016)

12. Link to Post #5987
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Frogs into Princes book on NLP was the first time I heard the expression The map etc
    Its true at that level--your world/map, because of concepts and the whole brigade of labels, life history, the works, is different from everyone else--the challenge of understanding the words is just that,
    So my understanding is that beyon everything that human minds, consciousness can come up with--its not that--"Not conceivable or perceivable" Nasargadatta part of quote. when he was asked to describe what he is. Not a state.

Enjoying our discussion, which is enhanced by words and is not.

Ch

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Clear Light (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016)

14. Link to Post #5988
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I have to say I have gotten as far as my intellect, language skills, understanding, can take me on this subject.

I enjoy this debate we have, it makes me think--perhaps that is not dangerous to the me--smiling.
    As in--- Who exactly debating? To whom does this debate arise? What I is this?
    and so on and so forth..
    No end to perceived cleverness which keeps me --me.
    Oh well.

Ch

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Clear Light (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016)

16. Link to Post #5989
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Most teachers stop short of ultimate Truth or rarely mention it, most are not ready to hear it--why put them off before they even get started?

Nisarhadatta as explained by Stepen Wolinsky did not

Eckhart Tolle said "The ego thinks its going to be an enlightened ego"

I spend quite a bit of time on Stephens videos--some down loaded from Pirate Bay.

So Stephen explains how Nisargadatta kept moving you from "station" to station--till he got you to see that even consciousness or even awareness is not it.
    The golden rule, anything you can think of is not it, discard that.

Stephen talks about other gurus he had--his knowledge of various spiritual disciplines is great.

Anyway if you have loads of time the talks by Stephen can be found on Pirate bay but be warned it is 27.4G
    The ones on you tube are probably enough.

Ch

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), Zampano (26th October 2016)

18. Link to Post #5990
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

.....The golden rule, anything you can think of is not it, discard that.....
    Sure, it's not it, rather an exoteric vehicle, but discard it? Why? Afterall, it's suitably aligned. A kind of non-duality guideline for the uninitiated, a recognition that I am you, we are that and thus I/you/we should act as such as it were.

Chris, can you share your thoughts or elaborate on what you've gleaned from Wolinsky? How do you define absolute truth?
    Last edited by Akasha; 25th October 2016 at 13:56.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016)

20. Link to Post #5991
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hello Akasha--welcome here.
    All I can give is opinion.
    Ultimate Truth is beyond comprehension but what is important here and now is relative truth as that appears very real and as such has to be dealt with.
    So be kind to all life including your own kind of sums it up from my current perspective.

Stephen covers quite a bit of territory, the discard it is only for those wanting to beyond present state to Self realization.
    If you go back a few pages here you will find three videos by Stephen on Advaita --Vedanta, not to everyones taste.

Hope this is helpful.

Your own opinions thoughts if you care to give will be appreciated---this is not a one modality thread--far from it.
    I never claim that my opinion is right--just best guess and current understanding

Chris

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Akasha (25th October 2016), betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016)

22. Link to Post #5992
    Thanks

I have to say I have gotten as far as my intellect, language skills, understanding, can take me on this subject.

I enjoy this debate we have, it makes me think--perhaps that is not dangerous to the me--smiling.
    and so on and so forth..
    Oh well.

Ch
    Ah, yes, but isn't the whole point of "Inquiry", as I'm sure you know already, to kind of "Induce" or "Facilitate" the "falling away" of the illusory "self-identity" ?

Because when / if it happens (most unexpectedly I have to say) what remains is beyond any shadow of doubt as ALL questioning / grasping has ceased by itself as there is no longer any-one for whom "doubt about it" is now an issue if this makes any sense at all ?

What needs to happen, IMHO, is for a Recognition to occur of Mind's true "empty" nature and as unpalatable as this may seem for any "seeker" what I am implying is the Recognition of the "emptiness" of one's "self-identity" !!!

But it *does* happen, although it can't be "made to happen" as I have seen you mention many times in your Posts to this thread

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (25th October 2016)

24. Link to Post #5993
    Language
    English
    Thanks

and so on and so forth..
    Oh well.

Ch
    Ah, yes, but isn't the whole point of "Inquiry", as I'm sure you know already, to kind of "Induce" or "Facilitate" the "falling away" of the illusory "self-identity" ?

Because when / if it happens (most unexpectedly I have to say) what remains is beyond any shadow of doubt as ALL questioning / grasping has ceased by itself as there is no longer any-one for whom "doubt about it" is now an issue if this makes any sense at all ?

What needs to happen, IMHO, is for a Recognition to occur of Mind's true "empty" nature and as unpalatable as this may seem for any "seeker" what I am implying is the Recognition of the "emptiness" of one's "self-identity" !!!

But it *does* happen, although it can't be "made to happen" as I have seen you mention many times in your Posts to this thread
    Yes total agreement.
    Its not unpalatable to this one.
    The seeking has come to an end--no question left---enough is known.
    There is a prayer asking for the removal of ignorance and gratitude for what is---its like either way is ok, Remain as is--or annihilation of the me.
    Not my choice--you know what I mean, my friend.

Chris

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Clear Light (25th October 2016), fourty-two (25th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016)

26. Link to Post #5994
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Ultimate Truth is beyond comprehension but what is important here and now is relative truth as that appears very real and as such has to be dealt with.
    So be kind to all life including your own kind of sums it up from my current perspective.

Stephen covers quite a bit of territory, the discard it is only for those wanting to beyond present state to Self realization.
    If you go back a few pages here you will find three videos by Stephen on Advaita --Vedanta, not to everyones taste.

Hope this is helpful.

Your own opinions thoughts if you care to give will be appreciated---this is not a one modality thread--far from it.
    I never claim that my opinion is right--just best guess and current understanding

Chris
    Thanks. Here's an excerpt I from an interaction he had with Baba Prakashananda which and aligns with what you just said.

Quote When I first met Baba Prakashananda, I was sitting with him and I said to him, “I want liberation”.
    He said “What’s liberation?”, and i gave the tradition answers, merging, oneness, enlightenment and each time it came out of my mouth, I realised it was absolute and total bull****, and he looked down at me said “you don’t want liberation because if you had liberation you won’t be there to appreciate it”, and this is why Nisargadatta Maharaj, when he referred to the absolute, he said “in the absolute state, I don’t even know that I am”. (@ 11.30 in the vid' below)
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (25th October 2016), The Freedom Train (26th October 2016), Wind (26th October 2016), Zampano (25th October 2016)

28. Link to Post #5995
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)

Hope this is helpful.

Chris
    Thanks. Here's an excerpt I from an interaction he had with Baba Prakashananda which and aligns with what you just said.

Quote When I first met Baba Prakashananda, I was sitting with him and I said to him, “I want liberation”.
    He said “What’s liberation?”, and i gave the tradition answers, merging, oneness, enlightenment and each time it came out of my mouth, I realised it was absolute and total bull****, and he looked down at me said “you don’t want liberation because if you had liberation you won’t be there to appreciate it”, and this is why Nisargadatta Maharaj, when he referred to the absolute, he said “in the absolute state, I don’t even know that I am”. (@ 11.30 in the vid' below)
    Thanks for the this Akasha--yes takes a bit of believing but I do because Ive heard similar, hinted at, said by most of the enlightened sages I have had the pleasure of listening to on DVD

Chris

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), The Freedom Train (26th October 2016)

30. Link to Post #5996
    United States Avalon Member WildOrchid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 times in 218 posts

Artist - Lover of Life - Seeker of Truth

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WildOrchid For This Post:

betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (26th October 2016), RunningDeer (26th October 2016), Wind (26th October 2016)

32. Link to Post #5997
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

I have had a wild ride since my latest satori opening last monday. I do not understand the process really, but I would like to share my latest leanings.

I seem to be called to fully experience and acknowledge the pain and suffering that we humans experience as wage slaves in this society. As a painfully aware individual, I find the rat race difficult to swallow, although of course I will do what I have to do in order to survive, whether I feel "fulfilled" by my job or not. There is also a lot of pain and suffering around the fracturing of the family as both men and women are expected to leave the home and enter the corporate workforce, or to step in line amongst the millions of minimum wage dredges that didn't have the financial springboard, personal contacts, or left brained brilliance to perform the desired duties of the white collar. I feel I am bridging a gap between two worlds.

I feel so much pain here. It is really overwhelming. It leaves me feeling like a deer in the headlights.

I have realized that my salvation does not lie in running away from these feelings, but in facing them and allowing them. No more chinese handcuffs. This is a harsh reality here. It seems to me now that the thing is not to counter-ACT in ways that the self important ego deems morally right and superior (thus multiplying the many headed hydra) but to allow and be. I see somehow a glimmering of freedom found, not through "right action" - but by the simple act of allowing, dissolving densities (such as resistances and blockages) and imbuing more flowing energy into all that which it faces. This could also be considered a form of love.

If "god" is energy according to a 13 year old genius, then could it not be said that allowing energy is the first step in transforming it? To disallow or fight causes blockage and tensions - an energetic imbalance that leads to illness and dis-ease. I feel, rather: Supple. Fluid. Allowing. Feeling. Being.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2016), betoobig (26th October 2016), Clear Light (27th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (26th October 2016), Heart-2-Heart (26th October 2016), Wind (26th October 2016), Zampano (26th October 2016)

34. Link to Post #5998
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The Freedom Train --I think you have a good understanding of non action--just letting things take their course.
    Its natural to have fluctuations as it settles into a different level of perception.
    All is good.
    I think the young lad has it right as far as his understanding goes and that far enough.
    Another helpful way of looking at is Restricted consciousness is evolving to know it Self.
    What you truly are is perfect, improvement not possible---you/we just dont know that yet.
    Relax---smiling

Chris

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2016), betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), Heart-2-Heart (26th October 2016), The Freedom Train (26th October 2016), Wind (26th October 2016), Zampano (26th October 2016)

36. Link to Post #5999
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

we all have to release control. As chris says , all is good. that is the perspective. We tend to judge everything, but you release control, no judgments arised and you let the flow go. not even control your breath, just be.
    Much love
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (26th October 2016), Heart-2-Heart (26th October 2016), The Freedom Train (26th October 2016), Wind (26th October 2016)

38. Link to Post #6000
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by WildOrchid (here)
    FYI: the video maker credits Omniverse, an Avalon member, for the music used.

Renaissance Circle

UPDATE: this is the 6000th post. Congratulations Chris and All on the information shared.

UPDATE 2: WildOrchid, I dropped a message on Omniverse's board only to notice that you did the same.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 26th October 2016 at 12:33.

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2016), betoobig (26th October 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th October 2016), greybeard (26th October 2016), Omni (27th October 2016), WildOrchid (7th November 2016), Wind (26th October 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 431 FirstFirst 1 200 250 290 300 310 350 400 431 LastLast