+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 431 FirstFirst 1 44 84 94 104 144 194 431 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #1861
    United States Avalon Retired Member latshaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

love this reply Chris - I can completely relate and understand.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to latshaw For This Post:

Eram (20th November 2012), greybeard (11th November 2012), Jenci (11th November 2012), Shadowman (12th December 2012)

3. Link to Post #1862
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Nassim Haramein, Eckhart tolle,Adyashanti, Jill Bolte taylor, sadhguru jaggi vasudev

Bits and pieces taken from videos.
    The Eckhart Tolle part about his awakening in particular is interesting
    Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cptiDWOa5ao
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

bram (20th November 2012), Eram (20th November 2012), Heart-2-Heart (13th November 2012), Jenci (11th November 2012), Muzz (18th November 2012), sandy (12th November 2012), Shadowman (12th December 2012), Tony (11th November 2012)

5. Link to Post #1863
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Soap operas

I am aware that skill full writers directors and actors pull the emotions this way and that.
    One moment a character is portrayed as the hero and then some new fact arises and other context is applied and they are seen as the villain.
    The viewer is drawn into judging to the degree that the associated emotion is exactly the same as if the play is real.

Could it be that life is similar?
    We see it as happening to us but in reality it is not a personal event, its just life doing what it does.
    In the same way that we can step back from the play on TV and enjoy it ,even have opinions but be fully aware that the play is not real, it does not have to affect us, we have that choice, we can step back from what appears to be happening in life but remain unaffected.

The Me is the culprit--- any time the story is mine there is suffering or pleasure.
    Any time I apply a judgement I have fully entered into the play—Me is right in there.

Jesus said “Wear the world like a loose garment and I have overcome the world”.

The Bagavad Gita says

Events happen
    Deeds are done
    There is no individual doer there of.

Jesus said. “Of myself I do nothing it is the Father within.”

The sages teach that we in our true reality are unaffected by the vicissitudes of life.

Thats why Ramana says “First find who is experiencing XYZ”
    His famous question “Who am I?” does not lead to an answer that the mind understands.
    What happens is that questioner dissolves into the One.
    Then there is no longer a commentator with a strongly held opinion/judgement.
    Preference remains but there is no emotion behind that.

Chris

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

bram (20th November 2012), Eram (20th November 2012), Heart-2-Heart (20th November 2012), Jenci (23rd November 2012), Shadowman (12th December 2012), Tony (20th November 2012)

7. Link to Post #1864
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,260 times in 3,618 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Soap operas

I am aware that skill full writers directors and actors pull the emotions this way and that.
    One moment a character is portrayed as the hero and then some new fact arises and other context is applied and they are seen as the villain.
    The viewer is drawn into judging to the degree that the associated emotion is exactly the same as if the play is real.

Could it be that life is similar?
    We see it as happening to us but in reality it is not a personal event, its just life doing what it does.
    In the same way that we can step back from the play on TV and enjoy it ,even have opinions but be fully aware that the play is not real, it does not have to affect us, we have that choice, we can step back from what appears to be happening in life but remain unaffected.

The Me is the culprit--- any time the story is mine there is suffering or pleasure.
    Any time I apply a judgement I have fully entered into the play—Me is right in there.

Jesus said “Wear the world like a loose garment and I have overcome the world”.

The Bagavad Gita says

Events happen
    Deeds are done
    There is no individual doer there of.

Jesus said. “Of myself I do nothing it is the Father within.”

The sages teach that we in our true reality are unaffected by the vicissitudes of life.

Thats why Ramana says “First find who is experiencing XYZ”
    His famous question “Who am I?” does not lead to an answer that the mind understands.
    What happens is that questioner dissolves into the One.
    Then there is no longer a commentator with a strongly held opinion/judgement.
    Preference remains but there is no emotion behind that.

Chris

...........'nough said!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tony For This Post:

Eram (20th November 2012), greybeard (20th November 2012), Heart-2-Heart (20th November 2012), Jenci (23rd November 2012), Shadowman (12th December 2012)

9. Link to Post #1865
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Global coherence initiative.

The Global Coherence Initiative is a science-based, co-creative project to unite people in heart-focused care and intention, to facilitate the shift in global consciousness from instability and discord to balance, cooperation and enduring peace.

This worth a look.

Chris

http://www.glcoherence.org/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Heart-2-Heart (30th November 2012), Shadowman (12th December 2012)

11. Link to Post #1866
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Proof Of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey Into The Afterlife with Dr. Eben Alexander III

One of the best Near Death Experiences I have heard.

Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QOSb3G53HsA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Shadowman (12th December 2012)

13. Link to Post #1867
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Some very good interviews via this link including the Dr in the post above.
    Oprah Super Soul Sunday.
    Chris

http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-...-episodes.html

14. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Shadowman (12th December 2012)

15. Link to Post #1868
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The most positive 2012 video yet.
    Full of scientific info yet enjoyable to watch.
    Thanks to Gio for binging it to Avalon Via the ranch.
    Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rxMym...layer_embedded

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Jeffrey (12th December 2012), Shadowman (12th December 2012)

17. Link to Post #1869
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I see ego as our preoccupation with the flesh/beast nature and physical survival. This preoccupation keeps us fear-based and serving man over spirit, the conventional over change, competition & duality over love & unity etc. I believe that one transcends Ego through learning to release the material and various addictions, attachments, dualities etc. I believe that the true way is simplicity. Simplicity and releasing what owns us and what we own helps us to transcend concepts of ownership which are based in illusion (and which keep us treating everything as products for buy and sell.) However, most people have been conditioned to see simplicity as being 'poor' or not being good enough etc. So they fear it and thus fear the enlightened masters that came before who found enlightenment through giving up their attachment to the physical world and its forms.

I agree with another poster that some of our spiritual short cuts (attunements, dna activations etc) are nice ideas, but they may keep us in the dark in other ways. For this reason, I like how the bible asks us to examine every prophecy from its fruits, i.e. take an honest look at the world and how it seems locked within a race of its own creation. Start asking why? i.e. is it our illusion concepts of "success" vs "failure" that we serve? Why do we serve them? Why is our cup never full? etc. Society has become very materialistic and is creating its own false anti-life/anti-love fruits (material destruction, environmental degradation, every man for himself). Plus too many "high vibration" exercises may make people feel too 'yang' or sped up. In reality, our real issue is that many of us are frightened to become too yin, i.e. not producing enough and thus being seen as "lazy" or "worth-less."

How I approach my ego now (because its not always easy to see where its in control), is by starting to decipher all of the unconscious mantras that are subliminally spoken by many of us collectively and which are beginning to manifest fruits in the collective world. Notice polarities and how they manifest. For example; 'I want/need to manifest more, etc" is also "I am not enough, I do not do enough, I do not have enough." Then notice the personal and collective excess /waste / depletion / exhaustion scenarios that arise, and ask why? We are so focused on man-made abundance we forget to love life. Natures natural abundance becomes wasted. We become anit-life, which evil is simply live spelled backwards.

My advice is to look at nature to let Her show you the true way to enlightenment. Nature is not capable of deception. See the ways our various subliminal and collective mantras (many rooted in our lifestyles and norms that we never think to question) are manifesting on a collective level and what Nature is telling us about our thoughts and decisions. Once you open your mind to all the ways our unthought of thoughts are bringing unbalance into the world, then you will know how to decipher what brings peace, balance, enlightenment and love. You become the lotus, not the muddy pond...

There is an amazing site which goes along with many of my own beliefs.
    http://ascension2012.in/step5.html

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysticmandy For This Post:

greybeard (14th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

19. Link to Post #1870
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 times in 1,305 posts

Hi Chris and friends, -- just thought I'll post this info here for the benefit of All that will read it...

Source: http://scienceofenergyhealing.com/dec-time-of-no-grids/

Dec 21-23: A Time of No Grids

"There are lots of predictions about the window of time Dec 21-23. The group that I’ve been working with went through a mini-experience of the energies of this time window and found it nothing to fear. It is an energy experience and our bodies know how to handle energy, even when it can get a bit intense at times!

Before I explain how I view the upcoming window I need to provide a little context about my energy view of the world.

We live in a world of many dimensions that have grids or patterns of energy lines different in each dimension. These grids form the consciousness or paradigm of each dimension. We use these grids to locate ourselves in a multidimensional world (think geese migrating on invisible magnetic grid lines). We also use grids to help order and organize incoming energies which in turn creates our level of consciousness or paradigm on the planet.

The current paradigm that we are in that I call the Old Energy Paradigm is now ending. The New Energy Paradigm will begin Dec 21-23 when the new grids are brought in during the exchange of energy between the Earth and the center of the galaxy.

This is an involutionary shift versus an evolutionary one. With evolution we build bit by bit toward our highest potential. It’s a ground up movement. With involution, the highest potential comes in from above and we anchor it into our physical bodies and the Earth. It’s a top down model and occurs with less frequency than the evolutionary one. Think sudden spiritual awakening as an example. It will take a while for all consciousness to catch up to the new potential, but anyone who can perceive the New Energy Paradigm can begin to work with its potential immediately. The shift begins within yourself and you’ll relate differently to the world. Bit by bit you’ll see this inner “newness” reflected externally as well.

Currently the Old Energy grids are down and gone forever. This fact may make you a bit anxious this week. Keep your sense of Self centered in the middle of your body and don’t get caught up in unnecessary drama. Put your focus more on Be-in than Do-ing. Keep it simple.

Here’s the timeline:

Dec 21: Energy from the center of the galaxy will be moving down through the body. Place your awareness on your feet to help ground it into the Earth.

Dec 22: Earth responds to this galactic energy by sending powerful Life Force energy up to meet it. This upward movement can upset the intestines which want to move energy down. Get lots of rest as your body can assimilate the energy better when your consciousness is “offline.”

Dec 23: Earth ties into the New Grids. Celebrate and welcome in the New Energy Paradigm!

To better understand the New Energy Paradigm I have created gia’s Energy Guide to 2013. (http://scienceofenergyhealing.com/energy-guide-2013) which includes 4 live (and recorded) energy meditations on each Solstice and Equinox. We begin on Dec 23 as this most auspicious time to connect to the New Energy Grids.

Please join me if this resonates for you. There’s as much to unlearn from old consciousness patterns that will no longer work in the New Energies as there is to learn!"
    Last edited by truthseekerdan; 20th December 2012 at 23:49.
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free your mind, and open your heart to LOVE.
    You'll then become enlightened able to just BE.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (20th December 2012), Heart-2-Heart (21st December 2012), sandy (20th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), Wind (21st December 2012)

21. Link to Post #1871
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Dan the link not working for me
    Chris

22. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

23. Link to Post #1872
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Hi Dan the link not working for me
    Chris
    Sorry about that -- there was a typo. Fixed now!
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (21st December 2012), sandy (20th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

25. Link to Post #1873
    Language
    English
    Thanks

On the 21st. Wishing all peace and love and harmony in your world.

Chris

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Flash (21st December 2012), Heart-2-Heart (21st December 2012), Jenci (27th December 2012), lookbeyond (23rd December 2012), sandy (22nd December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), truthseekerdan (24th December 2012), Wind (21st December 2012)

27. Link to Post #1874
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Deva Premal sings the Gayatri Mantra in 32 different countries around the world.

Om bhur bhuvah svaha
    Tat savitur varenyam
    Bhargo devasya dhimahi
    Dhiyo yonah prachodayat

"Praise to the source of all things.
    It is due to you that we attain true happiness on all planes.
    It is due to your transcendent nature that you are being worshipped and adored.
    Ignite us with your all pervading light."

This is a mantra I have been repeating almost daily for years.
    The translation I like is

"The Earth the sky the heavens
    That Divine effulgence that we all adore
    I contemplate on your Divine glory
    Please help me enlighten my intellect"

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlUs...[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlUs...t=HL1356208019[/youtube]
    Last edited by greybeard; 23rd December 2012 at 22:56.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Beren (23rd December 2012), Jenci (27th December 2012), lookbeyond (23rd December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

29. Link to Post #1875
    Thanks

Chris and friends,

Wish you all Happy Holidays, and a more Conscious Unity New Year ahead.

Here are some facts about Christmas.

More info in the video below (many may be shocked). Enjoy!

Much Love always
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (24th December 2012), Heart-2-Heart (25th December 2012), lookbeyond (25th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

31. Link to Post #1876
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Many thanks Dan.
    Wishing you and yours a great Christmas and a wondrous 2013

Also wishing all who contribute to this thread and all who view it an uplifting 2013.

Much love Chris

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Caren (25th December 2012), Heart-2-Heart (25th December 2012), Jenci (27th December 2012), lookbeyond (25th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), truthseekerdan (24th December 2012)

33. Link to Post #1877
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by truthseekerdan (here)
    Chris and friends,

Wish you all Happy Holidays, and a more Conscious Unity New Year ahead.

Here are some facts about Christmas.

More info in the video below (many may be shocked). Enjoy!

Much Love always
    I took time to watch the whole of his video and Im glad I did
    I did not get where he was going at first and THEN!!!
    He is a follower of the teaching of Jesus not a follower of religion.
    He is talking about Christ consciousness.
    Well worth the time to watch.
    A good find Dan.
    Thanks.
    Chris

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Beren (25th December 2012), Heart-2-Heart (25th December 2012), Jenci (27th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), truthseekerdan (25th December 2012)

35. Link to Post #1878
    Thanks

Humbled and honored to share some 'esoteric' knowledge to all those that are willing to understand more about themselves, as well as the 'reality' that we all experience collectively.

Bill Donahue is what I would call a mystic of "lost and hidden" meanings and knowledge that is now coming up to the surface. The Light is coming out of the darkness. As we all know here, the "knowledge is power", and with "great power comes great responsibility".

Enjoy another video from Bill Donahue below, and if you click on his name, there is a link to his youtube channel as well.

Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (25th December 2012), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

37. Link to Post #1879
    Thanks

This will be my last post at Avalon -- at least for awhile...
    So everybody visiting here, please enjoy another 'gem' video

Who Started Religion

Much Love and a New Prosperous Year 2013 to All !
    Unity Consciousness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to truthseekerdan For This Post:

greybeard (27th December 2012), Jenci (27th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

39. Link to Post #1880
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thought for today

Everything happens for a reason-- the whole Universe brings all things about, there are no accidents, God doesn’t get things wrong. Those are quotations from several teachers.

The moment a commitment to spiritual progress is made all hell lets loose.
    Life times of Karma has to be released in a short period of time just now.

Eckhart Tolle said its like living three life times in one go.

So everything I ever did to anyone has to be experienced, even the things done without any malicious intent.
    I can see that every relationship I have had/ have, brought me face to face with previous "shortcomings".
    So this will carry on till all karma is released.
    Its the same for all seekers just now--- Im just fortunate enough to be aware of what is happening.
    That makes it easier.

Watching the film The Kid, Bruce Willis--- himself as a child comes back to teach him lessons as does himself from the future
    So he has to help the kid from the past change things.
    Happy ending---good film.
    So there you go.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 30th December 2012 at 22:18.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Beren (30th December 2012), Eram (2nd January 2013), Jenci (2nd January 2013), lookbeyond (30th December 2012), Napping (30th December 2012), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), Wind (31st December 2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 431 FirstFirst 1 44 84 94 104 144 194 431 LastLast