+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 431 FirstFirst 1 45 85 95 105 145 195 431 LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 8616

Thread: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

1. Link to Post #1881
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,971 times in 881 posts

Default Re: Enlightenment: The Ego, what is it? How to transcend it.

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Watching the film The Kid, Bruce Willis--- himself as a child comes back to teach him lessons as does himself from the future
    So he has to help the kid from the past change things.
    Happy ending---good film.
    So there you go.

I heard a line in the kids' movie Rango the other day about the importance of enlightenment and he said "without it, you are nothing"

Jeanette

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

another bob (13th January 2013), Eram (2nd January 2013), greybeard (2nd January 2013), lookbeyond (2nd January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

3. Link to Post #1882
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Drunvalo Melchizedek - The pole shift 2012 - By Pablo Arellano

Published on 14 Dec 2012

Drunvalo Melchizedek - The pole shift 2012 - By Pablo Arellano
    Drunvalo is the author of five books including The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life, Volumes I & II, Living in the Heart, Serpent of Light and his newest one, The Mayan Ouroboros. These books have been published in 29 languages and reach out to over one hundred countries throughout the world.

He has been on television and the Internet, and written about in magazines, newspapers and books all over the world.

Having left the United States over 280 times, Drunvalo is a world traveler helping people understand their intimate connection to God.

Drunvalo is the first person in the world (in modern times) to mathematically and geometrically define the human light body called in ancient times the Mer-Ka-Ba.

He is a consultant for the international Internet magazine, Spirit of Maat, with over 1 million viewers each year.

He is the founder of the Flower of Life Facilitators that have been teaching his work in over 60 countries.

He has now founded his newest (and complete) teaching in a facility called School of Remembering with the Awakening the Illuminated Heart Teachers who are beginning their global work. Recently the school exceeded 1000 live workshops held worldwide with an average of almost 3 a day added to the calendar.

Drunvalo graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a degree in fine arts. He also has a minor in physics and math with only one quarter to finish his degree.

He lives in Sedona, Arizona with his loving wife Claudette. He has six grandchildren.

Close to the end he speaks of the illusion that we bring reality to---there is nothing out there.
    Just one consciousness---and you are that.

Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BiDXGTq-xs0
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Heart-2-Heart (5th January 2013), modwiz (5th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), Wind (5th January 2013)

5. Link to Post #1883
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Chaos to Coherence Webinar with Howard Martin and Gregg Braden. To find out more about HeartMath click here: http://www.heartmath.com/ and the Global Coherence Initiative click here: www.glcoherence.org/

Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H8w8KBf-Wzo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

7. Link to Post #1884
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A New Beginning----2012 ---Crossing Over.
    The title really says it.
    Thanks to Dan for pointing to this video
    Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hlfYHAV1i8w

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

another bob (13th January 2013), Jenci (9th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

9. Link to Post #1885
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Awakening Adyashanti interview Conscious TV
    Adya studied with two Zen Masters before a two fold awakening.
    He has been teaching for many years now and quite a few of his students have awakened fully.
    Chris

https://youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lUTF8n_WJko

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

another bob (13th January 2013), Jenci (9th January 2013), sandy (10th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

11. Link to Post #1886
    Language
    English
    Thanks

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Heart-2-Heart (9th January 2013), Jenci (10th January 2013), sandy (10th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

13. Link to Post #1887
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

He has been teaching for many years now and quite a few of his students have awakened fully.
    Chris

Adya has a new book available on a pdf here http://www.adyashanti.org/library/Th...tion_Ebook.pdf

Quote Posted by greybeard
    Hatch or become an omlette Mooji

...but there is no egg, Chris

Jeanette

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

another bob (13th January 2013), Eram (10th January 2013), greybeard (10th January 2013), sandy (11th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

15. Link to Post #1888
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Many thanks Jenci

From the preface

"Be forewarned, applying these teachings
    may be damaging to your beliefs, disorienting to your mind, and
    distressing to your ego. From the perspective of waking up to
    reality these are good things to be cultivated. From the perspec-
    tive of ego they are to be avoided at all costs."

I have been warned lol.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Jenci (13th January 2013), sandy (11th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

17. Link to Post #1889
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,221 times in 2,274 posts

Quote Posted by Jenci (here)
    Chris

Adya has a new book available on a pdf here http://www.adyashanti.org/library/Th...tion_Ebook.pdf

An excellent tool, and as with any tool, results will depend on its proper use. In this case, one can use it for either de-construction (demolishing one's false ideas and self-images), or construction (adding more stories to an edifice built on sand). Regardless, there are few people speaking today with the clarity and insight of Adyashanti, and this little volume is a good introduction to the inquiry into who and what we are.

18. Link to Post #1890
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Many thanks Jenci

From the preface

"Be forewarned, applying these teachings
    may be damaging to your beliefs, disorienting to your mind, and
    distressing to your ego. From the perspective of waking up to
    reality these are good things to be cultivated. From the perspec-
    tive of ego they are to be avoided at all costs."

I have been warned lol.

I've always appreciated Adya's warnings. He doesn't wrap enlightenment/liberation up as a sweet, soft comfort place. Quite the opposite in fact, he talks about the loss that happens.

Whilst we may think that we when embark on this journey into discovering our true nature that we have a choice to do the seeking, there comes a point along the way that the unfolding awakening itself gains such momentum that the individual no longer gets the choice whether to continue with the process, even if loss and destruction they are experiencing are unwelcome. It's like a river rushing back to its source.

As we transform in the process we realise that we don't get to cherry pick our habits, traits, personalities and interests and get to keep the ones we find desirable and get rid of undesireable so we can become the transformed person we would like. Our undesireable stuff does leave us but with it so goes much of the desirable stuff that made us the person we were.

Liberation/enlightenment is the end of the individual. So warnings are appropriate for those choosing to embark on this type of seeking.

Although in the end it will be realised that the choice and the seeking were just an illusion .....because there never was an individual there to do it anyway. But seeing that may take some time and a lot of work to remove the obstacles which obscure the truth.

Jeanette

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

another bob (13th January 2013), Fred Steeves (15th January 2013), greybeard (13th January 2013), sandy (14th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

20. Link to Post #1891
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks Jeanette
    Resistance is futile---at a certain point if you put the brakes on it just causes friction and suffering intensifies--- after all I did ask for it.
    Dreamers have no sense of reality and will therefore volunteer for anything. Poor boy.
    Going to watch "Dancing on Ice" now--- makes a change from skating on thin ice which I seem prone to do.

Chris

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

another bob (13th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), Fred Steeves (15th January 2013), sandy (14th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

22. Link to Post #1892
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Ego, what it is and how to transcend it?

Actually I have only one thing to share, concerning the title of the thread. A personal experience, I guess it might be of value to this thread - although things I share might have very well been gone over in those last 94 pages several times from several different points of view.

Ego, what is it? One day I had to admit that me and my capabilites as an individual are not nearly enough to get me through my life and the obstacles in it and that led me to accept my own inner connection to unity, guardian angel, source, what ever it is that you call it. It occurred to me that the ego, which I figure was the one doing the admitting, admitted something eternal, omnipotent to step in me - to do the very job, it(the ego) was trying to do to the best of its abilities. The ego therefore tries to be eternal and omnipotent, because the thing it is trying to fill in for, is those very things. Once one admits the eternal to step in, the ego can go about it´s usual business and be very good at it.

UT

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

another bob (15th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), greybeard (15th January 2013), Jenci (15th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

24. Link to Post #1893
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    Ego, what it is and how to transcend it?

Actually I have only one thing to share, concerning the title of the thread. A personal experience, I guess it might be of value to this thread - although things I share might have very well been gone over in those last 94 pages several times from several different points of view.

Ego, what is it? One day I had to admit that me and my capabilites as an individual are not nearly enough to get me through my life and the obstacles in it and that led me to accept my own inner connection to unity, guardian angel, source, what ever it is that you call it. It occurred to me that the ego, which I figure was the one doing the admitting, admitted something eternal, omnipotent to step in me - to do the very job, it(the ego) was trying to do to the best of its abilities. The ego therefore tries to be eternal and omnipotent, because the thing it is trying to fill in for, is those very things. Once one admits the eternal to step in, the ego can go about it´s usual business and be very good at it.

UT
    HI UT thanks for your post which is valued.
    Every experience helps to clarify understanding.
    When the me/ego steps aside, or recognises its limitations, difficult situations can be resolved effortlessly.

Chris

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

another bob (15th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), Jenci (15th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), Ultima Thule (15th January 2013), Wind (16th January 2013)

26. Link to Post #1894
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Thanks Jeanette
    Resistance is futile---at a certain point if you put the brakes on it just causes friction and suffering intensifies-
    Chris

In the end resistance gets too painful and you just let go and allow what needs to happen, happen. Very often it is things which are undesirable because these are what you have been avoiding all your life. Everything needs to be experienced as it is without any resisting or grasping (which is ego activity)

Jeanette

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

another bob (15th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), Fred Steeves (15th January 2013), greybeard (15th January 2013), Heart-2-Heart (16th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013), Wind (16th January 2013)

28. Link to Post #1895
    Thanks

Thanks Jeanette
    Resistance is futile---at a certain point if you put the brakes on it just causes friction and suffering intensifies-
    Chris

In the end resistance gets too painful and you just let go and allow what needs to happen, happen. Very often it is things which are undesirable because these are what you have been avoiding all your life. Everything needs to be experienced as it is without any resisting or grasping (which is ego activity)

Jeanette
    Great point, Jen, and this can even be seen in getting over physical disease. For example, many try to suppress symptoms, when in fact what's needed is to let the toxins discharge from the body, rather than keeping them from manifesting through the use of symptomatic allopathic remedies, which usually only prolong the disease.

29. Link to Post #1896
    UK Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by another bob (here)
    Thanks Jeanette
    Chris

Jeanette
    Great point, Jen, and this can even be seen in getting over physical disease. For example, many try to suppress symptoms, when in fact what's needed is to let the toxins discharge from the body, rather than keeping them from manifesting through the use of symptomatic allopathic remedies, which usually only prolong the disease.

Enlightenment/liberation is not the same as a spiritual experience. An experience will come and go or have a beginning or an end. Enlightenment is a permanent awakening to our true nature where no remnants of illusion remain.

This very rarely happens instantly. It is usually a process of the initial awakening itself reaching into all parts of the illusion which are hiding in the individual and to do that the awakening has to bring everything out in the open, fully penetrate all of the illusion, see through it and dissolve it.

It is a good comparison to make, Bob....very much like toxins being discharged from the body in physical illness.

Jeanette

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jenci For This Post:

another bob (15th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), Fred Steeves (15th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

31. Link to Post #1897
    Thanks

It is usually a process of the initial awakening itself reaching into all parts of the illusion which are hiding in the individual and to do that the awakening has to bring everything out in the open, fully penetrate all of the illusion, see through it and dissolve it.
    Right, the more we awaken, the more we get to see just why we resisted waking up in the first place. It is usually quite humbling to recognize that all our previous knowledge and self-images are pure illusion. Often, the aspirant will just rush back to a "safe" program, after peering into the abyss, but that doesn't work anymore, as they discover. No place to hide, no remedy, but to just face facts. As Sri Niz notes, only hard facts can reveal the complete nothingness of the self-image.

http://www.pbase.com/1heart/image/132842465

32. Link to Post #1898
    Language
    English
    Thanks

One of the challenges is that through following and applying spiritual teachings life becomes very easy-- compare to what went on before-- so the temptation is to just rest a while there.
    However at some point the backside gets kicked and enough is not enough and for once that is good.
    Once you make a commitment to find the Truth the end result is inevitable--it is your destiny and it pulls hard-- nothing short of knowing That, as opposed to experiencing something, is acceptable.

Chris

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

another bob (15th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), Fred Steeves (15th January 2013), Heart-2-Heart (16th January 2013), Jenci (16th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

34. Link to Post #1899
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,963 times in 3,187 posts

One of the challenges is that through following and applying spiritual teachings life becomes very easy-- compare to what went on before-- so the temptation is to just rest a while there.
    Haven't really experienced that yet Chris, as I get a swift kick in the rear just temporarily stepping off the path for a quick wee in the bushes... Time to contact my union representative.(LOL)

35. Link to Post #1900
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Union rep ha Fred-- Yoga rep = Union.
    My mind makes strange leaps to connect that which is already connected.
    If you can follow that you as crazy as me.
    Good to see you here

Chris

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

another bob (15th January 2013), AwakeInADream (15th January 2013), Fred Steeves (15th January 2013), Heart-2-Heart (16th January 2013), Jenci (16th January 2013), Shadowman (2nd February 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 431 FirstFirst 1 45 85 95 105 145 195 431 LastLast