+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speeding up the healing of broken bones

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

Default Speeding up the healing of broken bones

My little one (just under 3 years old) decided to try jumping from a height of 1.7 meters and broke 3 small bones in his foot (3 separate metatarsals, which is the bone that connects the toes to the foot). The break was internal (no skin piercing) and he was in a cast ~4 hours later which stopped the pain.

The diagnosis was that he needs to be home with us for ~6 weeks and is not allowed to put any weight whatsoever on the foot. He is a trooper and not complaining, but I'd like to help speed his recovery up any way I can to get him back to kindergarten with his friends and of course, running around and playing. At the moment the plan is to keep him the cast for 4 weeks, after which it comes off for 2 weeks (still can't put weight on it).

Nutrition wise we'll be feeding him a lot of organic greens for the extra vitamins and minerals, but I was wondering if anyone here is familiar with using herbal remedies to expedite the healing process. I've done some research and found that Comfrey is often used to make a poultice, but unless I try and stick the leaves into his cast I would need to use something that can be taken orally (I've read conflicting reports on taking Comfrey orally.

Can anyone offer some suggestions on what I can try? I'd like to spend the weekend researching this and always prefer to use others' experience as a starting point.

Thanks
    Last edited by Libico; 16th October 2015 at 16:43.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Becky (16th October 2015), Bill Ryan (16th October 2015), FinallyNow (16th October 2015), JRS (17th October 2015), Nasu (16th October 2015), PathWalker (16th October 2015), selinam (18th October 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

Default Re: Speeding up the healing of broken bones

Hi there,
    My son broke his arm 3 times as a kid, and after I'd learned spiritual healing - similar concept to Reiki, I did healing - at first just to take away the pain as he woke up one night in pain and I didn't have any calpol for him, so I tried healing - he went to sleep within seconds and came to me the next morning asking for more healing as the pain went completely and he felt relaxed and comfortable. So I did healing on him, and at his next check up the bones had healed to a time period of 4 weeks worth in just one week. This was the second time he broke his arm. The third time I did healing and again his arm healed the equivalent of 4 weeks in just one week - Xrays to prove this, and a very confused Dr!
    To do this you need to be relaxed, as does your son, and just place your hands over the broken foot, and get your mind out the way and let healing energy flow - trust in healing for the highest good. You may well feel tingling and heat in your hands and arms during this process. You can do it for as little as a few minutes or more if you both want.
    Also I find the crystal blue lace agate is good for healing bones. Plus vitamin D3 is a great all round vitamin to be taking for improving health, immunity and bones. Good luck :-)

Edited to add - the healing energy doesn't come from you but through you, so you should not feel drained or exhausted but very relaxed and rejuvenated too - it's such a lovely feeling...thanks for reminding me! I should try this again...I find it much easier to focus on healing others rather than myself!
    Last edited by Becky; 16th October 2015 at 08:16.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Delight (18th October 2015), earthadvocate (16th October 2015), FinallyNow (16th October 2015), Gemma13 (22nd October 2015), JRS (17th October 2015), Libico (16th October 2015), Nasu (16th October 2015), PathWalker (16th October 2015), Spirithorse (16th October 2015), toppy (16th October 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

Hi Libico,

If you're familiar with homeopathics try Symphytum - known as knit bone.

My young fella recently had a spiral fracture of the thumb - this worked very effectively.
    Caution: - works so well, do not administer if the fracture has been pinned or plated.

Arnica is also a standard for breaks and bruises.

Couple of links (no endorsement)

http://www.homeopathycenter.org/broken-bonesfractures

http://www.homeopathytoday.org/tag/symphytum/

Never heard of homeopathy? - the Queen has one, didn't you know

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

ErtheVessel (16th October 2015), FinallyNow (16th October 2015), Libico (16th October 2015), Nasu (16th October 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

Thanks for the quick replies!

Becky - I will try that; I haven't ever learned any methods of spiritual healing but I do have a sensitive soul for feeling and detecting various energies (as well as conscious out of body travel) so I will be able to focus my intent on this. I 100% agree that in this case I'd be acting as a conduit for the energy to reach him so I think I'll meditate beforehand to try and clear the way.

Zanshin - thanks for the links! Comfrey is also known as Symphytum (at least from what I found in my initial readings), and I've also read a bit about Arnica - will read more into those today.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Becky (18th October 2015), Zanshin (16th October 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks

Libico, have a look at this link about homeopathy for broken bones. I can assure from my experience that homeopathy works great in cases like yours.
    http://www.homeopathyhome.com/servic...kenbones.shtml

Now add it a great nutrition (our body needs correct building blocks in order to regenerate fast and well) and maybe add it a daily fresh wheat grass intake which will do wonders.

Energy healing can help a lot although I would strongly advice you to not practice energy healing by letting yourself open as a channel since you will become a channel for something outside you, and anything that wants to enter us it does so to manipulate us… which in turn will gain the access to your child and will start manipulating him.
    Instead of that just work from your spirit and connect with the spirit of your little one. I can assure you if you do it that way you will not feel drained at all. Btw, by spirit I mean the part of us that is immortal and is connected to our heart and speaks to us through our intuition.

Another thing. Talk to you little one. Tell him to communicate with his body and his cells to regenerate fast and in its perfection, following the original blue print of the body.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheVoyager For This Post:

Nasu (16th October 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

Safflower seed powder. An acquaintance of a friend of mine shared the secret for quick bone healing.
    This acquaintance dealt with a lot of broken bones with members of his organization.
    As it was promised, my friend's broken foot healed a whole 2 weeks before what the doctors estimated. She was in her late 30s.
    Last edited by skyflower; 17th October 2015 at 07:33.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

Nasu (16th October 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

This recommendation may not be appropriate for a three year old, but I'll post for general information purposes.

Research into a combination of Cissus Quadrangularis (aka Veldt grape) extract, Withania Somnifera (aka Ashwagandha), and Holy Basil.

The CQ has been studied and peer reviewed for increasing bone healing and bone strength, and helping with oxidative stress; the Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogen and helps promote and speed healing after injury, and the Holy Basil has a calming almost nurturing effect on the mind and sense of well being, which also promotes and speeds natural healing processes.

Research explained here: http://www.aor.ca/products-page/adva.../#research_tab
    Abstracts that the explanations are based on available here: http://www.aor.ca/products-page/adva...#abstracts_tab

Disclaimer - I work for the company linked to above, but I am not trying to sell you anything, just provide you info.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Caren (17th October 2015), FinallyNow (16th October 2015), Meggings (19th October 2015), Nasu (16th October 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,314 times in 133 posts

I have found that homeopathy can, indeed, be very helpful. In my experience, there are some herbs that are also useful for broken bones: Boneset, Mullein and Solomon Seal. These are probably not available at your local health food store though, and they probably would not taste very good to a small child. (There are many places on-line to purchase them, though, for anyone curious.)

My one caution with homeopathy, however, would be that less is often better than more, especially with a little one. I personally do not take as high a dose or for as long as they instruct on the tubes you can buy retail. It is too much for me and I can end up with a reaction. The way I understand it, homeopathy is about giving the body helpful information, not about giving the body material tools (like vitamins) to help repair itself. Once the body has the information, too much more of the same information might be confusing for the body. This can be different with each individual, though, so trust yourself and your little one to find the right balance if you try homeopathy.
    Last edited by ErtheVessel; 16th October 2015 at 20:07.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

FinallyNow (16th October 2015), Limor Wolf (9th November 2015), Nasu (16th October 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

Quote Posted by TheVoyager (here)

Energy healing can help a lot although I would strongly advice you to not practice energy healing by letting yourself open as a channel since you will become a channel for something outside you, and anything that wants to enter us it does so to manipulate us… which in turn will gain the access to your child and will start manipulating him.
    Instead of that just work from your spirit and connect with the spirit of your little one. I can assure you if you do it that way you will not feel drained at all. Btw, by spirit I mean the part of us that is immortal and is connected to our heart and speaks to us through our intuition.
    I'd just like to say I didn't intend to suggest anything that would cause harm to the child. My intention in this case was for healing, as was my intention for healing my son....which worked. Usually when healing is given with the greatest of love and highest of intention then it cannot be corrupted. And usually when a parent lovingly and gently holds a wounded part of the childs body the child feels loved and nurtured and will heal better and faster.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Gemma13 (22nd October 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

There are some things to avoid as well. Reduce Na from Salt or spices, caffeine from soda pop or chocolate, sugars (alcohol is a mute point since he's a child), nightshade vegetables cause inflammation so avoid mushroom, tomatoes, peppers, white potatoes and eggplant, and avoid legumes, peas, pinto beans, navy beans because they contain phytates which slows absorption and processing of Ca, as do foods containing oxalates like spinach and swiss chard. Although adding cheese to the spinach works because you get Ca from that. Greens have vit. K and vit.C which are great for bone repair.

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

SILICa. Often sold with sulphur in a liquid form. I'd supplement my calcium with silica heavily during healing from bone breaks
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th October 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    SILICa. Often sold with sulphur in a liquid form. I'd supplement my calcium with silica heavily during healing from bone breaks
    Yes ... Silica, sulphur, calcium, magnesium, vitamin D (D3 preferred) and vitamin K2 <-- all these are important in bone health, ensure no deficiency in any. Can be had through diet, some research may be needed though ... Cruciferous vegetables would seem to be helpful.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 17th October 2015 at 22:12.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by Fairy Friend (here)
    avoid legumes, peas, pinto beans, navy beans because they contain phytates
    That's why one should soak (for a day, in quite warm water, with some acid, such as Apple Cider Vinegar, added) or sprout seeds and beans. The phytates are there to suppress germination, by binding metals, which is how seeds and beans can remain dormant for years. Then the water dissolves the phytates, allowing the seeds and beans to "come to life."

Here's an excellent article on this: Preparing Grains, Nuts, Seeds and Beans for Maximum Nutrition (Weston A. Price)
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 18th October 2015 at 13:04.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Caren (19th October 2015), conk (12th November 2015), DeDukshyn (18th October 2015), ErtheVessel (19th October 2015), Fairy Friend (19th October 2015), Gemma13 (22nd October 2015)

+ Reply to Thread