+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annual Flu Vaccination

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,845 times in 2,378 posts

Default Annual Flu Vaccination

Just noticed in my child's school letter, (a list of dates for parents), that on Wed 11th November the school will be administrating an Annual Flu Vaccination to all children in Y1 & Y2. (This would be age group 5- to nearly 7).

There has been no missive from the school as yet independently informing parents or any suggestion of requiring permission to do so. It may follow; the school tends to leave things late, as little as 24hrs notice about some things.

It better be optional or young Ryan won't be attending school for a few days. The following document seems to indicate, by means of uptake figures, that it is optional; but who knows what pressure may be exerted by well-meaning adults using manipulative psychology.

You want to be safe don't you?
    All your friends are having it.

Annual_flu_letter_24_03_15__FINALv3_para9.pdf

I realise there are not many here that this will concern, but I thought I would flag it in case.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

alh02 (22nd October 2015), avid (22nd October 2015), chanda (22nd October 2015), drneglector (2nd November 2017), Hervé (2nd November 2017), Ioneo (22nd October 2015), Loren (21st October 2015), Marikins (21st October 2015), Matt P (21st October 2015), Michelle Marie (21st October 2015), Nasu (21st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (21st October 2015), Shannon (22nd October 2015), Sunny-side-up (21st October 2015), TargeT (21st October 2015), ZooLife (21st October 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Annual Flu Vaccination

its mandatory at my work site to get the flu vaccine... another government subsidy program (at best, at worst........ well....).

However, I've found that mentioning anaphylactic shock caused by previous vaccine injections, Egg allergies, eczema condition, or (I've never tried it) religious exception seem to stop the needle wielders in their tracks (especially the first one.. haha).

Maybe you can use some of those, the first two have kept me vaccine free for years (and no one even asked for "proof" of my "condition")
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

alh02 (22nd October 2015), avid (22nd October 2015), chanda (22nd October 2015), drneglector (2nd November 2017), Ernie Nemeth (22nd October 2015), Ewan (21st October 2015), genevieve (21st October 2015), Hervé (2nd November 2017), KiwiElf (3rd November 2017), Lettherebelight (2nd November 2017), Loren (21st October 2015), Marikins (21st October 2015), Matt P (21st October 2015), Michelle Marie (21st October 2015), Nasu (21st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (21st October 2015), Shannon (22nd October 2015), Sunny-side-up (21st October 2015), witchy1 (8th November 2017), ZooLife (21st October 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Drill it into your children's heads that no one is allowed to stick them unless you are present. Then of course you could be present to tell them where to stick it.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

alh02 (22nd October 2015), avid (22nd October 2015), Becky (21st October 2015), chanda (22nd October 2015), drneglector (2nd November 2017), Ewan (22nd October 2015), gripreaper (22nd October 2015), Kano (21st October 2015), KiwiElf (3rd November 2017), Libico (21st October 2015), Matt P (21st October 2015), meeradas (21st October 2015), Michelle Marie (21st October 2015), quiltinggrandma (21st October 2015), Shannon (22nd October 2015), Stephanie (21st October 2015), ZooLife (21st October 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

My girlfriend gets the shot every year, and every year she gets the flu - bad. Sometimes twice!

I don't get sick much. Never had the shot. Last I had the flu was maybe three years ago...we all did, we were working way too much for way too long - in the middle of summer!

Go figure.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

chanda (22nd October 2015), Ewan (22nd October 2015), KiwiElf (3rd November 2017), Shannon (22nd October 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member chanda's Avatar
    Thanks

get the vaccine exception form attested, signed and submitted to the school. We did this at the start of the school year.
    And as conk said in the reply, i have drilled to my kids head that the shots are bad for the health.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanda For This Post:

conk (22nd October 2015), Ewan (24th October 2015), KiwiElf (3rd November 2017)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

Here is some more info about vaccines from Ty Bollinger's website - if you haven't watched his latest series "The Truth About Cancer - A Global Quest" I strongly advise it.

http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/the-t...-vaccinations/

much love

Callista

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

Blacklight43 (2nd November 2017), conk (22nd October 2015), Ewan (22nd October 2015), Fairy Friend (22nd October 2015), Jean-Marie (22nd October 2015), KiwiElf (3rd November 2017), Lettherebelight (2nd November 2017), Shannon (22nd October 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Published in the local paper today, got my blood near boiling point..

Quote Get your kids vaccinated because they are 'super-spreaders' of flu - and there's no needles

A leading doctor is urging parents to sort out flu jabs for their kids to protect themselves and others amid fears an outbreak could push the NHS

Simon Meechan 13:50, 2 NOV 2017

England’s top medic is urging parents to get their children vaccinated for the flu as they are “super spreaders” of the illness. Professor Dame Sally Davies, who is chief medical officer for England, said a flu shot protects both the vaccinated child, and others around them. I wonder if she has heard of virus shedding?

Experts are worried that flu could stretch hospitals if a major outbreak occurs this winter. In September NHS England boss Simon Stevens warned hospitals to be prepared for a “pressurised” flu season following a heavy outbreak in the southern hemisphere.
    Mr Stevens said the health service was reviewing the situation in Australia and New Zealand, where hospitals were forced to close their doors to new patients and people faced long waiting times.

Public Health England (PHE) is urging parents to vaccinate their children, if they are eligible. Young kids are particularly vulnerable to the virus, which is linked to 8,000 deaths a year nationally according to PHE’s figures.

School children in reception class as well as those in years 2, 3 and 4 are eligible for a free nasal spray vaccination in school - no needles! Pre-schoolers aged two and over can get their nasal spray from their GP surgery.

The NHS says all children under 17 who have diabetes should be vaccinated too.

Dame Sally said: “Any child can catch flu, thousands do every year and some end up in hospital as a result.
    “Parents should not be complacent - the single most effective way to protect your children against flu this winter is to get them vaccinated with the simple nasal spray.

Professor Paul Cosford, medical director at Public Health England, added: “Vaccinating those who are most likely to get flu both protects them and offers indirect protection to the rest of the population by reducing the amount of virus circulating. Same message, different voice. Possible the opposite of the truth too.

“Flu can be much more dangerous for children than many parents realise and when children get flu they tend to spread it around the whole family.

“The child vaccination programme is really beneficial in reducing the spread of flu to other more vulnerable family members for whom flu can be very serious.”

Other people eligible for free flu jabs on the NHS include: the elderly, pregnant women and patients with certain medical conditions.

Dr Nick Scriven, president of the Society for Acute Medicine, which represents hospital doctors who look after patients admitted as an emergency who do not need surgery, said: “The NHS has not really recovered from last winter including a disillusioned workforce being asked to do more with less every day.

“Despite all the talk, there is little progress with any winter plans, with trusts still focused, it feels, on short-term financial savings with no long or even medium-term planning - it is all quick fixes with no real concept of the future.”

He added: “We also know trusts ‘treating’ the emergency access emergency department target in isolation end up hiding problems and stresses deeper in hospitals and there is not enough community care of sufficient quality to meet any demand.

“These issues don’t come as any surprise, so how long are we to go on without the Secretary of State being held to account for not addressing the problems we know have the potential to push the NHS into utter chaos this winter?”

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

KiwiElf (3rd November 2017), TargeT (2nd November 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Please report what happened and if still not too late, please don't let it happen at any cost. Whatever is being injected is connected to a long list of high potential future bad effects and cannot be removed.
    Good luck.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Ewan (2nd November 2017), KiwiElf (2nd November 2017)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    Please report what happened and if still not too late, please don't let it happen at any cost. Whatever is being injected is connected to a long list of high potential future bad effects and cannot be removed.
    Good luck.
    Oh there is no problem there Waves. The school my children go to has free choice, at present at least - just a week or two ago the head confirmed to me that they may not even offer the shots this year as there was so little take-up. (Most parents requested their child not be given the vaccine last year). I found that highly encouraging, nevertheless that newspaper article was all about promoting fear and forcing a decision based on that fear. It will have had a degree of success that I find very troubling.

I am so interested in this subject because my first born has learning difficulties. They are not severe and were you to meet him you might not think there was anything wrong bar a slight stutter, completely normal child for a, say, ten or eleven year old. However he just turned thirteen two months ago. He's keeping pace though, just behind the scale. I have no real concerns for him because I know within him lies a caring soul, he's far advanced to some of his peers when it comes to empathy and observation. Those are just not the standards used to measure and categorise our children at present.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

KiwiElf (3rd November 2017), TargeT (3rd November 2017)

19. Link to Post #10
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

"They" are still trying to make it compulsory here in NZ Schools.

+ Reply to Thread