+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They boldly hang a satanic rug on their wall

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default They boldly hang a satanic rug on their wall

I was at a Carpet store last Sunday, looking for a good deal on a rug. I was surprised when I saw this very beautiful rug hanging above the counter at the front of the store. Such quality! The artwork was so gorgeous....

After oogling it for a few seconds, the first words out of my mouth in front of everyone was that it was satanic.... Everyone became very quiet. Eesh!

I wonder how many people would have known that? Not many, if truth be told.

Here's what that symbol looked like:

Attachment 31725

I couldn't bring myself to buy anything from them.... I wonder if anyone would have done the same thing as me...?

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

conk (6th November 2015), Elisheva (6th November 2015), Fellow Aspirant (6th November 2015), genevieve (5th November 2015), Lifebringer (6th November 2015), LindyLou22 (5th November 2015), Matthew (8th November 2015), Nasu (9th November 2015), Shannon (6th November 2015), Sophocles (5th November 2015), Star Tsar (8th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th November 2015), Unicorn_Wrath (5th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,998 times in 449 posts

Default Re: They boldly hang a satanic rug on their wall

I know for sure I would've done the same thing.

The first time I saw the plans for re-doing the main street through my village that would make it look like a strip mall, I let out a wail that the whole gymnasium could've heard. Heads turned.

Peace Love Joy & Harmony,
    genevieve

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to genevieve For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (8th November 2015), Shannon (6th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

It looks Wiccan to me.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

PurpleLama (5th November 2015), Shannon (6th November 2015), Star Tsar (8th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    It looks Wiccan to me.
    Yep, and it's upside down.

Last edited by PurpleLama; 5th November 2015 at 23:30.

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    It looks Wiccan to me.

I'm no expert, but isn't the inverted star a clear satanic symbol? Wouldn't Wicca use a star that points north? Maybe if the rug were turned upside down from its presentation above it would seem more Wiccan.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LindyLou22 For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (8th November 2015), Shannon (6th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (5th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

The tridents would be pointing upwards, anyways.

Perhaps Maia flipped the image to be controversial? (half joking, here)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,346 times in 244 posts

The inverted star is a pentacle.
    https://angelicmuse.wordpress.com/20...-the-pentacle/

Many people today misunderstand the true meanings attached to the pentacle (a.k.a the pentagram). In today’s world most people fail to research the meanings behind symbols before passing judgment upon those who choose to wear them. As someone who has always been interested in the meaning of symbols within world religions I have decide to share my research in order to help promote understanding. The pentacle/pentagram is perhaps one of the most misunderstood symbols in human history. This ancient symbol has been used by Christians, Jews and Wiccans as a positive symbol of light and love. The pentagram in its upright position has always been viewed as a symbol of light. Many people do not realize that it wasn’t until the 1800’s that the inverted pentagram (the upside down star) began to be associated with darkness. The media is quick to only notice those use who view this symbol as something of darkness, yet they forget to mention the positive meanings of the pentagram that are held by Christians, Jews and Wiccans. Lets take a look at the meanings that each group associates with this symbol and you decided for yourself.

http://www.ancient-symbols.com/symbo...iple-moon.html
    Spiritual and religious symbols contain meanings that delve into the deeper reality. The same goes for the Triple Moon Symbol, which is considered representative of all aspects of the divine feminine power - intuition or psychic insight; creative energy; and wisdom & mystery. It indicates the three life stages of a woman.

The waxing moon stands for the Maiden and symbolizes purity, youth, new life, beginnings, rejuvenation, excitement, enchantment and expansion. The full moon represents the Mother and represents fulfillment, fertility, ripeness, potency, compassion, giving, caring, nurturing, protection and power. The waxing moon represents the Crone and stands for repose, maturity, wisdom, experience, knowledge, understanding, completion, death and rebirth. In its entirety, the symbol is believed to signify the eternal cycle of birth, life and rebirth.

Also called the Triple Goddess symbol, the Triple Moon icon is commonly seen on the crowns or headpieces worn by the High Priestesses.
    Last edited by Jhonie; 5th November 2015 at 23:40.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

DouglasDanger (7th November 2015), Magneticman (6th November 2015), Maia Gabrial (8th November 2015), Nasu (9th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

13. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member voices of silence's Avatar
    Thanks

Wicca isn't satanic. I studied and practised wicca for years. Satanism is pretty much causing negative energy for the reptilians or other evil entities to feed off of. Wicca could be both good or evil. I only do positive things with witchcraft.
    In all my dreams I drown.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to voices of silence For This Post:

conk (6th November 2015), Jhonie (6th November 2015), Maia Gabrial (8th November 2015), Matthew (8th November 2015), Nasu (9th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

15. Link to Post #9
    New Zealand Avalon Member etheric underground's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,918 times in 540 posts

Halfway into getting a native Indian Tattoo ( Navajo...my bloodline is partly from this tribe) in 1996. I realised the lady tattooing me and her husband were Satanists. I asked a question regarding the shrine she had in the corner and the photos of
    excessively pierced labia on her walls....She explained that she was indeed a Satanist and that was her labia....
    I pretty much said nothing after that.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etheric underground For This Post:

Maia Gabrial (8th November 2015), Nasu (9th November 2015)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote Perhaps Maia flipped the image to be controversial? (half joking, here)
    I didn't invert it, Purplelama; but good point. Maybe they hung it wrong.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Nasu (9th November 2015)

+ Reply to Thread