1. Link to Post #1
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Default Nebraska's Demonic Winged Entity

Encounters with Flying Humanoids:
    Mothman, Manbirds, Gargoyles & Other Winged Beasts

books.google.com.au/books?id=bOyM5d4a5fIC
    Last edited by Atlas; 6th November 2015 at 09:27.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Apophenia (6th November 2015), betoobig (6th November 2015), Billy (6th November 2015), chanda (6th November 2015), Citizen No2 (6th November 2015), Desrknelf (6th November 2015), Fellow Aspirant (6th November 2015), Limor Wolf (6th November 2015), Mike (6th November 2015), Mike Gorman (6th November 2015), naste.de.lumina (6th November 2015), selinam (6th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (6th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Default Re: Nebraska's Demonic Winged Entity

I don't understand why it has to be 'demonic'...

4. Link to Post #3
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

An earlier title said: "Winged Wonder":

The witness said: "almost demonic".
    Last edited by Atlas; 6th November 2015 at 12:17.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Apophenia (6th November 2015), chanda (6th November 2015), naste.de.lumina (6th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (6th November 2015), william r sanford72 (6th November 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

I have seen one.

I absolutely promise you. It was silent and stopped in mid-air and just looked at me, I was two floors up with my head out of the window and it just stopped in mid-air and looked at me. I couldn't process what was happening, I couldn't put in to words what it was that I had seen, I am struggling now actually. I have never talked about it with anyone, how could you? My GF was in the shower and when she came out I didn't even say anything to her. As I said, I could not process the experience. This thing was just skin, like a bat, but had a muzzle and these horrific eyes, was totally silent. The strangest thing was when it flapped it's wings, it travelled far further on one flap of the wings than you would expect and it was human sized. It was around 11pm on an August night in 2009. I was sitting and could hear this dog barking, it was an alarm type barking...... having been brought up on a farm I was taught to listen to the animals as they 'tell' you things. I put my head out of the window, and about 100 metres away was a tiny thicket of trees where the dog barking was coming from. This thing just rose up vertically, and with one silent flap of it's wings was about ten feet from me, and just stopped and looked at me, then silently flapped it's wings and disappeared from view.

It was, and is, without doubt the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. It definitely did not leave me with positive vibes, that's for sure.

Regards.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

21g (10th November 2015), Apophenia (6th November 2015), Atlas (6th November 2015), ErtheVessel (6th November 2015), fourty-two (8th November 2015), Loveisall21 (6th November 2015), Shannon (9th November 2015), whitewave (5th August 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    We're a fearful bunch by nature, as well as tending towards needlessly simplifying everything we encounter; which means that any entity that shows up in unusual circumstances who doesn't show themselves to be in our favor has to fit in the 2D understanding of 'benevolent' or 'malevolent', almost always the latter, of course.

Ponder this... a fox is a predator, which engages in what we would consider unpleasant acts to sustain its existence and its role as an environmental balancing force. Does this make the animal good, or evil? Is it angelic or demonic by engaging in those acts?

If we cannot answer this question consistently or adequately in our own backyard, then we're way out of our league in trying to understand it on a much grander cosmic scale.
    The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the
    inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents...
    -Howard Phillips Lovecraft.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apophenia For This Post:

Atlas (6th November 2015), MorningFox (7th November 2015)

10. Link to Post #6
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

Quote Posted by Mithra-El (here)
    We're a fearful bunch by nature, as well as tending towards needlessly simplifying everything we encounter; which means that any entity that shows up in unusual circumstances who doesn't show themselves to be in our favor has to fit in the 2D understanding of 'benevolent' or 'malevolent', almost always the latter, of course.
    I guess you took my comment literally. I perfectly understand that people feel the need to label things they don't understand as demonic. My point was... that simple minded approach makes no sense to me.

11. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mithra-El (here)
    I guess you took my comment literally. I perfectly understand that people feel the need to label things they don't understand as demonic. My point was... that simple minded approach makes no sense to me.
    Yeah, I picked that up, and was more so agreeing with your point, while expanding upon it.

For an ordinary person who cannot fathom there exists dynamics beyond this false dichotomy of 'good' and 'evil', the only part that doesn't make sense to them is anything that exists outside of it.
    The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the
    inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents...
    -Howard Phillips Lovecraft.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apophenia For This Post:

Atlas (7th November 2015), DeDukshyn (6th November 2015), MorningFox (7th November 2015)

+ Reply to Thread