Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Default Re: Cutting/ Self-harm

AngelEyes...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

AngelEyes (28th November 2015), betoobig (23rd November 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd December 2015), RunningDeer (23rd November 2015), Sierra (23rd November 2015), silverfish (23rd November 2015), Timreh (28th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #62
    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	rainfall.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	31957

'I love this animal with vital kindness -
    the lifeforce breath that it needs to be able breathe…'

Name:	little monks.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	31955

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel For This Post:

AngelEyes (28th November 2015), betoobig (23rd November 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd December 2015), Constance (23rd November 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), Lettherebelight (28th November 2015), RunningDeer (23rd November 2015), silverfish (23rd November 2015), Timreh (28th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Hello Angel Eyes, precious girl. What is hard for all of us is the words. Words do not convey 100% of the feelings. To say I love you to myself, may not be altogether enough of the power one needs. In Oprah's recent Belief series on OWN, she talks about application of prayer which can be anything, including sipping tea. If I were sitting across from you now, I would ask you to see yourself not in the body you were clothed in, but your true higher self being. What do you look like in that beautiful glory? Let it speak to you. When you are comfortable with that magnificence, ask for your higher self to shield you. It can be a shield of energy, color, feathers, clouds, whatever you get, and in that shield KNOW you are a warrioress. That is touching your higher consciousness and that would never harm you only uplift you and saturate you with constant love. That shield is part of your belief system to ward off negative thoughts or voices. Live in it and see yourself embracing it a hundred times a day. That is your remedy and it will strengthen you to connect with your heavenly tribe that will assist you. You can affirm this with your heart and soul.
    Much love,
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

AngelEyes (28th November 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), RunningDeer (27th November 2015), Timreh (28th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #64
    United States Avalon Member AngelEyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Hello Angel Eyes, precious girl. What is hard for all of us is the words. Words do not convey 100% of the feelings. To say I love you to myself, may not be altogether enough of the power one needs. In Oprah's recent Belief series on OWN, she talks about application of prayer which can be anything, including sipping tea. If I were sitting across from you now, I would ask you to see yourself not in the body you were clothed in, but your true higher self being. What do you look like in that beautiful glory? Let it speak to you. When you are comfortable with that magnificence, ask for your higher self to shield you. It can be a shield of energy, color, feathers, clouds, whatever you get, and in that shield KNOW you are a warrioress. That is touching your higher consciousness and that would never harm you only uplift you and saturate you with constant love. That shield is part of your belief system to ward off negative thoughts or voices. Live in it and see yourself embracing it a hundred times a day. That is your remedy and it will strengthen you to connect with your heavenly tribe that will assist you. You can affirm this with your heart and soul.
    Much love,
    I had a bad relapse today......used my box knife and cut my other arm up... :'( I swear I am such a failure...:'( everything is going good and then BAM!! I dont get it! I really dont.... Sorry for venting....I tried to talk myself out of it! I really did! temptation was so strong......I honestly wish i was in a sound proof room where I couldnt hear anything. i bet then I could connect with my higher-self? I can hear the slightest noise! the tick of a clock people 2 building away or downstairs! its like when I meditate I am listening on the outside instead of the inside and when I try it seems like the outside noises get louder and louder. looking into getting some cheap ear plugs and seeing if that helps?!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd December 2015), mgray (2nd December 2015), silverfish (2nd December 2015)

9. Link to Post #65
    Thanks

A neglected temple of precious sentience…

-

Name:	lakestorm.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	32077
    -
    it becomes hectic within - times such as this are difficult - so the vital action is to be
    still + alone… : in this physical stillness we begin the short work of inner quietude…

this swift practical response to the throes of pain + suffering is essential as a
    precursor to deeper practices + solutions to the persistent troubles of life…

to achieve stillness use a mantra… something short + positive such as I Am Strong…
    repeat this in a quiet + gentle tone within whilst breathing slow + soft + deep…

the dual track approach of positive affirmation + oxygenation will provide physical +
    psychic succour to wounds that beg for attention… after all : our bodies shout for
    help with all the emotional power available… this is what suffering is : a plea…

with a short amount of time the deepest wildest throes will soften + fade…

all that is required is love + patience + persistence…

I extend heartfelt sympathies + boundless love in kindness…

so please listen + explore + be brave + wise

-
    Name:  praise.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  23.4 KB
    -
    Faith is the essence of life…
    -

Name:	quietude.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	32079
    -
    + Quiet illumination thrives in faithful silence…

PS - - - - - - the substance of a single point focus meditation is responding to each
    distraction whether it be internal thoughts or feelings or symbols - or disruptions
    that occur from without - with a redirection of focus to in this case the mantra
    which will serve as anchor as the ship is brought to safe harbour… so the
    process is Mantra + Breathing [a distraction arises] back to Mantra +
    Breathing [a distraction arises] back to Mantra + Breathing… + so
    on + so on… stick at it and I promise it will help… I am love
    -

Name:	solitude + stillness.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	32081
    -
    Name:  wintersunset.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  33.4 KB
    -
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 2nd December 2015 at 02:41.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ezekiel For This Post:

betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (2nd December 2015), silverfish (2nd December 2015)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by AngelEyes (here)
    hello all....been a little bit since I joined and posted last....been going through a really dark spot and I feel worthless and not even feeling like I am a starseed... I have so much negativity inside me its unbearable. what works for me is cutting myself :'(. I know that sounds horrible but when I get upset I grab a knife and start cutting lines straight down from my wrist down my forearm...

last night was bad and my left arm is pretty sore this morning. :'(. I dont know why its so hard for me to let go and focus on being happy. voices in my head telling me I am not good enough that I am fat and ugly and no one wants me. that my husband doesnt love me. I dont know...sorry for this post. Just trying to reach out to anyone to see if they go through the same thing or not?!
    I just sent an angel to watch over you and bring to me who is hurting you...

Thunder is ripping through the clouds...

the Sun should be out very soon for you, go stand in it, it is a twinkle of heaven's light, it will wrap around your heart, and help heal the hurt.

promise me you will start getting 30 mins a day absorbing clean radiant energy.

on the other side of our Sun, is a dark hole, anti light, but as badass, as that hole is, we stand on this side in the light...

strange question, but do you have a Dog in your life?
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 5th December 2015 at 22:59.

12. Link to Post #67
    Thanks

for the past couple days I have been going straight to the lake on the way home from work and "sun gazing" watching the sunset because its the safest time to look directly at the sun and that has helped alot but I had an anxiety attack while I was getting my hair done last night but no one knew I had one because I held it in. Today has been just as bad! I have been in bed crying all day long and sleeping a little and having the craziest dreams ever.....

I dont know I am so drained today...I did go for a short walk to check my mail but thats about all I did outside. I will do it as you asked. 30 minutes a day. I can even do this on my lunch hour. I had been thinking about doing that during my lunch because I get an hour lunch. so I will do this! because I know I CAN!!! <3

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), thunder24 (6th December 2015)

14. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

There is a good book, Cutting: Understanding and overcoming self-mutilation By Steven Levenkron. Also Marsha Linehan writes about cutting and has wonderful work books. I'm on this forum so obviously my ideas are very far from traditional. You may have the ability to see auras; however visual hallucinations occur with severe depression and mania also. If your moods cycle from depression to expansive, talkative, cant sleep, hypersexual, spend too much money that's mania and it’s called Bipolar Disorder. Thanks to President Kennedy every county in America has a free medical and mental health clinic. It may not be the best but it's a start in getting an opinion. There are many good web sites that discuss natural treatments for MH conditions. Check out
    http://www.bipolar-lives.com/natural...-disorder.html
    http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...mental-health/
    The last site talks about treatments for many different diagnoses. If it’s just plain old depression than Sam E works well. But if your Bipolar Sam E will make you manic. Thus finding out is a good idea. People who have experienced trauma, especially child abuse commonly cut themselves. If you begin to process the childhood trauma the need to cut will disappear. I don’t recommend you do it alone but if that’s your choice, books on TFT -Thought Field Therapy (referred to as tapping) works and again there are self-help work books on Amazon for trauma and depression. Hope things improve for you.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

AngelEyes (6th December 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    There is a good book, Cutting: Understanding and overcoming self-mutilation By Steven Levenkron. Also Marsha Linehan writes about cutting and has wonderful work books. I'm on this forum so obviously my ideas are very far from traditional. You may have the ability to see auras; however visual hallucinations occur with severe depression and mania also. If your moods cycle from depression to expansive, talkative, cant sleep, hypersexual, spend too much money that's mania and it’s called Bipolar Disorder. Thanks to President Kennedy every county in America has a free medical and mental health clinic. It may not be the best but it's a start in getting an opinion. There are many good web sites that discuss natural treatments for MH conditions. Check out
    http://www.bipolar-lives.com/natural...-disorder.html
    http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...mental-health/
    The last site talks about treatments for many different diagnoses. If it’s just plain old depression than Sam E works well. But if your Bipolar Sam E will make you manic. Thus finding out is a good idea. People who have experienced trauma, especially child abuse commonly cut themselves. If you begin to process the childhood trauma the need to cut will disappear. I don’t recommend you do it alone but if that’s your choice, books on TFT -Thought Field Therapy (referred to as tapping) works and again there are self-help work books on Amazon for trauma and depression. Hope things improve for you.
    Thank you for the information I will check the links out

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

You can. You are doing it... even if you fall again. Forgive yourself. You are working in it, that sets you up in the right direction. Easy on you. I love you.
    Much Love
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

AngelEyes (6th December 2015), animovado (21st December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), greybeard (6th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (6th December 2015)

20. Link to Post #71
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Hey beautiful

Quote Just trying to reach out to anyone to see if they go through the same thing or not?!
    Yes, in my early twenties.

I'm not sure what system you have in the US but here there are government funded clinics where you can see someone for free. I went to one of those clinics when I was 21 and saw a doctor every week, for eighteen months. He had done his medical degree and was in his third year of his post grad degree, to become a psychiatrist. He was available for free because he was still studying, and he was brilliant.

Even though I'm much like you in the way that I prefer other ways of treatment, I found the time spent with my doctor enormously valuable. More than anything, he taught me about what was happening with me and I gained a comprehensive understanding of what I was dealing with, why and how it developed. This understanding served as a solid foundation to build on in the many years of healing to come. If there is some service similar to ours available to you, I hope you consider seeing what they can offer you, it helps more than you think it would.

You are not a failure, you're amazing.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

AngelEyes (6th December 2015), animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), greybeard (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (6th December 2015)

22. Link to Post #72
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

AngelEyes --this too will pass.
    Even though it was alcoholism I went through-- part of it is self destruct and self harm, anything to get me away/distract me from the way I was feeling, hurt, unloved, worthless.
    Sharing/listening/the understanding/the company of fellow sufferers/ at AA meetings and the twelve steps of AA got me through recovering a day at a time,
    There were slips--few get it without these.
    I have given a link to the steps as these steps are used by recovery groups from many different types of addiction/ repeat harmful behaviour.

With love
    Chris

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org....12-Steps-of-AA
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AngelEyes (6th December 2015), animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (6th December 2015)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    You can. You are doing it... even if you fall again. Forgive yourself. You are working in it, that sets you up in the right direction. Easy on you. I love you.
    Much Love
    I love you too thank you! I really take it hard on myself when I fail because its like okay why didnt you get it right the first time?! but I know if i keep trying and believe in myself I can do it!

namaste! thank you for the love!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Hey beautiful

Quote Just trying to reach out to anyone to see if they go through the same thing or not?!
    Yes, in my early twenties.

I'm not sure what system you have in the US but here there are government funded clinics where you can see someone for free. I went to one of those clinics when I was 21 and saw a doctor every week, for eighteen months. He had done his medical degree and was in his third year of his post grad degree, to become a psychiatrist. He was available for free because he was still studying, and he was brilliant.

Even though I'm much like you in the way that I prefer other ways of treatment, I found the time spent with my doctor enormously valuable. More than anything, he taught me about what was happening with me and I gained a comprehensive understanding of what I was dealing with, why and how it developed. This understanding served as a solid foundation to build on in the many years of healing to come. If there is some service similar to ours available to you, I hope you consider seeing what they can offer you, it helps more than you think it would.

You are not a failure, you're amazing.
    Thats awesome Rachel! I will look into that and see but it seems like anything over here in the good ole US of A is NOT FREE like it is in other parts of the world because other countries actually care about their citizens.....:'( But I am going to look and see what I can find. :-)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    AngelEyes --this too will pass.
    Even though it was alcoholism I went through-- part of it is self destruct and self harm, anything to get me away/distract me from the way I was feeling, hurt, unloved, worthless.
    Sharing/listening/the understanding/the company of fellow sufferers/ at AA meetings and the twelve steps of AA got me through recovering a day at a time,
    There were slips--few get it without these.
    I have given a link to the steps as these steps are used by recovery groups from many different types of addiction/ repeat harmful behaviour.

With love
    Chris

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org....12-Steps-of-AA
    Thank you!!!! so these techniques arent necessarily for AA they can be used for any kind of problem a person is dealing with?! like my own?!

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), greybeard (7th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (6th December 2015)

26. Link to Post #74
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Yes AngelEyes as it says on the link at least to begin with you can use just one of the suggested steps.
    These steps have literally changed the lives of millions.
    There are many differing groups that use the steps.
    However I think face to face sharing in one of these groups is essential to begin with.

I found these groups on line so Im not recommending them from personal experience but they may well be worth investigating.

With love
    Chris

http://www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org/

http://www.r-a.org/i-self-injury.htm#.VmQrKIT1E6s
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

AngelEyes (8th December 2015), animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (6th December 2015)

28. Link to Post #75
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

You are not alone, AngelEyes. There are a lot of ways to suspend the pain: self-cutting, drink, drugs, shopaholic, workaholic, eating disorders, i.e, anorexia and bulimia. Awareness that the system is designed to foster pain, trauma, self-loathing and taking action to step out of their game is self-empowering.

No nano-seconds of a cutting rush compares to empowerment. These are only words until you prove to yourself through personal experience. There’s a rich life to live. It begins with self-permission, choice and action steps. I wish you well on your journey.

I googled self mutilators anonymous. This site even has an on-line group.

Self Mutilators Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other, that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from physical self-mutilation.

Here’s a couple of pages of links: Self-cutting Anonymous and self mutilators anonymous meetings.

With heart,
    RunningDeer

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), greybeard (6th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015)

30. Link to Post #76
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

Quote Thats awesome Rachel! I will look into that and see but it seems like anything over here in the good ole US of A is NOT FREE like it is in other parts of the world because other countries actually care about their citizens.....:'( But I am going to look and see what I can find. :-)
    Ok, well there isn't much here either, only one in the whole city, that I'm aware of. Another option is there maybe a community project where a doctor offers their time for free, your local doctor's office or hospital should know of any clinics or community groups, it might be a good idea to ask them.

Just to add to betoobig's post; when we have to run a really long way, up an uphill, rugged road, our legs get tired and we fall over, sometimes we fall over a lot, this is not failing.

Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

AngelEyes (8th December 2015), betoobig (6th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (6th December 2015), greybeard (6th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (6th December 2015)

32. Link to Post #77
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Yes AngelEyes as it says on the link at least to begin with you can use just one of the suggested steps.
    These steps have literally changed the lives of millions.
    There are many differing groups that use the steps.
    However I think face to face sharing in one of these groups is essential to begin with.

I found these groups on line so Im not recommending them from personal experience but they may well be worth investigating.

With love
    Chris

http://www.selfmutilatorsanonymous.org/

http://www.r-a.org/i-self-injury.htm#.VmQrKIT1E6s
    aww okay thank you so much!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Quote Thats awesome Rachel! I will look into that and see but it seems like anything over here in the good ole US of A is NOT FREE like it is in other parts of the world because other countries actually care about their citizens.....:'( But I am going to look and see what I can find. :-)
    Ok, well there isn't much here either, only one in the whole city, that I'm aware of. Another option is there maybe a community project where a doctor offers their time for free, your local doctor's office or hospital should know of any clinics or community groups, it might be a good idea to ask them.

Just to add to betoobig's post; when we have to run a really long way, up an uphill, rugged road, our legs get tired and we fall over, sometimes we fall over a lot, this is not failing.

my doctor gave me a list of counselors some are church affiliated and some arent but all required insurance =/. So I will definitely look into this before another episode. So far I have been feeling really good! I spent part of my lunch hour outside yesterday reading in my book. and then spent the evening watching the sunset! made me feel really good!

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (8th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), greybeard (8th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

34. Link to Post #78
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

One mental technique that I have used, AngelEyes is to mentally review the outcome and aftermath of what my self destructive actions will cause before actually doing the act. If you can make a habit of remembering the self loathing, the painful cuts and the depression that will happen after, it may be enough to stop you from actually doing it when the compulsion hits you. Thinking this way has to become a habit and it has been very helpful for me. Sending you love as I write this!!!!!
    Pam

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Agape (8th December 2015), AngelEyes (8th December 2015), animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (9th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

36. Link to Post #79
    Thanks

Thank you so much Pam I will do that next time! . I just want to get better I really do! and start loving myself more! I have found just in the past few days spending time outdoors has helped me alot so far! I am making it a habit to do this!

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AngelEyes For This Post:

animovado (21st December 2015), betoobig (9th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), Pam (8th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

38. Link to Post #80
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

I totally agree that spending time outdoors is one of the best things we can do for ourselves. When the weather allows spending time barefoot on the earth has been very helpful for me. In the colder weather, I will use my hands to access the earth energy. I have total faith that you are on the right path and you will use this experience for your benefit.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

AngelEyes (8th December 2015), betoobig (9th December 2015), Bill Ryan (8th December 2015), Constance (21st December 2015), Innocent Warrior (11th December 2015), RunningDeer (8th December 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 4 5 LastLast