Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adjusting in life when things start to fall away

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Default Re: Adjusting in life when things start to fall away

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    I think that the pioneers that are entering the new paradigm can expect to not be understood. I've had to come to terms with this myself.

Yes, from their standpoint, I'm weird. It's because I'm different. I don't follow the norm. I follow my heart.

I've come to ignore and not defend my reasons for my choices, more and more, but not totally. By explaining that my life is perfect for me, then sometimes the judgment is diminished. If not, oh well. I'm not hurting anybody. Hopefully, I'm helping, just like you are...to pave the way into a higher state of being.

And you are right, WhiteLove. It's all based in Unconditional Love. BEing it is different than knowing about it or talking about it. You learn to "take it in the shorts" and just show up in the higher state of being. Forgive instantly. Understand. Have compassion. Love anyway. It's a process. We are becoming masters together.

This change of being sounds like a graduation to me, Skyhaven. Out of the rat race. So wise...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are not alone. We are with you and support you in LOVE!

Lots of
    Michelle Marie

I think that is what unconditional love is about; realising that any state of being is not better or more valuable than a perceived lower or higher state of being. Simply because we are all growing all the time and we all hold the same potential. Every perspective in this process of evolution is just as valuable as a perceived higher perspective.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    Once I cared about things society wanted me to care about but now I just don't, they have tried to get me back on their tracks, and I do move along with them just to get by, but that's about it. The spell of fear and guilt seems to be broken.

I just want to be, let every one else run the rat race, and if that means I don't fit in anymore, so be it!
    Yes so be it, what will be will be, But nothing could be nicer than to be completely unfit to the unreal world. where nobody give a heck to take a glance at me, I dont have to look good dont have to prove anything. Were getting there.
    Great expression, love it!

This is one of my favorites:

Last edited by Skyhaven; 14th November 2015 at 10:05.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Asyloth (14th November 2015), Bubu (15th November 2015), Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), giovonni (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), Jhonie (15th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th November 2015), william r sanford72 (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by moekatz (here)
    I've come to appreciate numerology's personal year concept. The cycle runs 9 years. On the 9th year, one thoughtfully releases ties to those elements of life that were carried along for the prior 9 years. Cleansing one's life in the 9th year allows for a new beginning on the 1st year with unencumbered spirit and drive. It seems that our shoulders just get bent over with the weight of carrying so much baggage (people, beliefs etc) from the prior 9 years. Being in a 9th year myself, I can appreciate the determination and sometimes sorrow that is required to clear out my life so that I can begin again. When we let loose of anchors carried for 9 years it can leave us dizzy and unsure but this is where HOPE comes to the rescue.
    Not familiar with this concept, I am very interested in numerology though.

For me a very significant number in terms of long term experience is number 13. I,ve been dealing with periods of severe depression since the age of fifteen for over thirteen years, and then it just ended, while the pattern up to then was that it was increasingly getting worse. So this left me fascinated with thirteen, later on I found this bit of text on the web describing number 13.

The Number 13 is a karmic number and is the number of upheaval so that new ground can be broken. The number 13 has great power. If this power is used for selfish purposes, it will bring destruction of the self, and in turn, this will bring dis-ease and illnesses. Adapting to change gracefully will bring out the strength of the 13 vibration, and decrease any potential for the negative.

Last edited by Skyhaven; 14th November 2015 at 11:00.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Most people reeding these lines would say it is kind of pathetic.
    I think that what most people call pathetic is just an overflow of a particular feeling (of any kind).

I do understand what you're saying very well, as I have been incredibly reluctant to go with the system as it is structured today.

But then I realized, after fighting all my worth against it, what else can I do?

I have always thought that one single man could change the world, and I still believe it today, but what if most people don't really want the world to change in any way?

Do we have the right to force them? Just because we know better? (And we surely do know better)

So I am now starting to fall for the "rat race" as you are calling it, trying to be the top dog where I work so I can be rewarded best out of it.

Investing my money into specialized banks so I can get even more money out of money.

Even thought I've known for a long time that life really isn't about money at all, but still the world is as such today, and that I understand that absolutely not conforming to it would probably mean my own death since without money you're more or less bound to nothing in this world.

On that you'd probably say "but are you really meant to be bound to anything"? I could have said it myself.

That would be an extreme and I believe that extremes are always bad no matter the situation. So I try to find an equilibrium.

Between living my life knowing the importance of spiritual evolution (growth) and yet still playing the game along with the others (and being almost too good at it, thanks to all the things I've learned).

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Asyloth For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 times in 1,583 posts

Not trying to prove anything guish, let's leave it at 'adjusting' to letting things be, and not taking control, even if that means growing apart.
    The only thing you can control is your mind. We can't hold on to things that change.
    Experience reality beyond the senses
    https://www.facebook.com/geerishhealer/

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Asyloth,

Not pathetic at all, I considered the exact same things, and I have trying to use my talents too in effort to be 'on top'. But I found that the world acts like a mirror. When you already deep down feel the money game isn't the way to go, and choose to go against that because the majority out there are doing it seemingly with some degree of success, then the world is going to reflect back to you the dis-alignment you feel deep down, and that means resistance.

You see many out there who are successful doing the money game or rat race, didn't have that feeling deep down that tells them it is not the right way to go, so they don't face resistance going down that road, eventually though when they are at their peak of success they learn the hard way, it is not the way to go.

But then the next time in an another life maybe when they are tempted again to enter the money game, they too have this deep down feeling inside that it's not the way to go, just like you have now, if they proceed to go on that path again they too will face immediate resistance, in reality this is a reflection to their sub conscious self.

I believe the world is like a multi faceted stone, it has experiences for everyone at any level, but it does make it clear when you have been somewhere before. At least this is my believe.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 14th November 2015 at 11:40.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), william r sanford72 (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

The world needs true leaders. There's nothing wrong in earning money and having a comfortable life. Getting attached to money would drift oneself from the true human nature which is full of compassion. No one would trust someone who thinks only about oneself. In every working place, there's a need for supportive, collaborative and "human" employees. Being true to oneself is not about living as a hermit but staying true to oneself as the road gets harder. In my experience, doors open on their own once one stays true to oneself. The world does reflect your self. That's why it's important to look at one's thoughts carefully and choose the constructive ones.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Guish (here)
    Not trying to prove anything guish, let's leave it at 'adjusting' to letting things be, and not taking control, even if that means growing apart.
    The only thing you can control is your mind. We can't hold on to things that change.
    Not sure if one can even really control the mind, I personally like to only identify with the role of watcher, or awareness, the rest I want to give up to a higher power, the higher self, or whatever one may call it.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 14th November 2015 at 12:07.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Not sure if one can even really control their mind, I personally like to only identify with the role of watcher, or awareness, the rest I want to give up to a higher power, the higher self, or whatever one may call it.
    If you can choose your thoughts, you're already taming the beast, Brother. The higher self is you....

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

The world needs true leaders. There's nothing wrong in earning money and having a comfortable life. Getting attached to money would drift oneself from the true human nature which is full of compassion. No one would trust someone who thinks only about oneself. In every working place, there's a need for supportive, collaborative and "human" employees. Being true to oneself is not about living as a hermit but staying true to oneself as the road gets harder. In my experience, doors open on their own once one stays true to oneself. The world does reflect your self. That's why it's important to look at one's thoughts carefully and choose the constructive ones.
    There is nothing wrong with any path, one has to do what aligns with their true selves, if one feels there is nothing wrong with their path then that's precisely where they need to be. Feeling is the ultimate compass. Wrongs and rights don't really exist, they are about people interfering with other people's paths.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Wrongs and rights don't really exist, they are about people interfering with other people's paths.
    True. There are some universal rules though.

You get what you give.
    Impermanence of reality.
    Power of love over pain, fear or other low level emotion.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Wrongs and rights don't really exist, they are about people interfering with other people's paths.

You get what you give.
    Impermanence of reality.

Yes of course, but these rules are only learned by experience, not by other people telling other people what is wrong and what is right, this only delays the learning process. People need to be able to live out every aspect, the good and the bad.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

25. Link to Post #33
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Many will know this prayer

"God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    Wisdom to know the difference."

Let go let God!!!

I wonder how much free will we really have.
    Who is there to have free will?

What gave us the idea to start on a path?

To me there seems to be a guiding hand in everything--from the little to the large ---decisions--events.

If so why worry??

We may be the actor on the stage and bring our personal style to the part, but beginning, middle and end are writ.
    Ultimately we wrote the play--it would seem.
    Love Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), william r sanford72 (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Something for you, Danny.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (14th November 2015), william r sanford72 (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

You get what you give.
    Impermanence of reality.

Yes of course, but these rules are only learned by experience, not by other people telling other people what is wrong and what is right, this only delays the learning process. People need to be able to live out every aspect, the good and the bad.

I understand but I do not fully accept this. I'd not want my son to endure as much pain I had to endure. Also, if we know something is bad in an objective manner, after doing research, we wouldn't try it. I never felt the need to try drugs to know it's bad, for example. I understand that society emphasizes on right or wrong rather than giving information in an objective manner.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guish For This Post:

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Many will know this prayer

"God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change
    Courage to change the things I can
    Wisdom to know the difference."

Let go let God!!!

I wonder how much free will we really have.
    Who is there to have free will?

What gave us the idea to start on a path?

To me there seems to be a guiding hand in everything--from the little to the large ---decisions--events.

If so why worry??

We may be the actor on the stage and bring our personal style to the part, but beginning, middle and end are writ.
    Ultimately we wrote the play--it would seem.
    Love Chris
    Wonderful prayer Chris. Free will is indeed very relative, on a higher level everything is completely under control, but all too often people suffer from a god-complex, they think they have to fulfill the duties of god, which ofcourse is too much to bare, but they do this because they banished God from their lives, and they now need to take over the job of god.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

You get what you give.
    Impermanence of reality.

I understand but I do not fully accept this. I'd not want my son to endure as much pain I had to endure. Also, if we know something is bad in an objective manner, after doing research, we wouldn't try it. I never felt the need to try drugs to know it's bad, for example. I understand that society emphasizes on right or wrong rather than giving information in an objective manner.
    But still at the bases of your decision lies experience, you intuitively know that eating inedible things makes you sick...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Something for you, Danny.

Thank you, been a Pearl Jam fan for a long time!
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 14th November 2015 at 14:43.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Darla Ken Pearce (14th November 2015), greybeard (15th November 2015), Guish (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), william r sanford72 (14th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Not quite the OP's line but:

I was thinking this morning that I really didn't want to be part of all this any-more.

I was thinking/seeing that one half of the world is attacking and the other retaliating, year after year, century after century etc, etc, on and on!

Thing is both sides while in the game are happy with it!

But there is a large chunk of the worlds population that dose not wan't this and they try to keep out of it, above it.

I can say though, I'm very happy to know/see that I am in the large chunk, stuck in the middle with all you great beings
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

greybeard (15th November 2015), Guish (15th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (15th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

37. Link to Post #39
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

In my own experience, a certain degree of detachment is necessary. The real key for me has been the ability to watch and monitor my thoughts, control those thoughts and then watch reality shift. We are enormously powerful beings on many dimensional levels. You do not change the world, you change yourself. Bringing yourself into alignment is a very personal journey and if you are too concerned with the opinion of others or too immeshed into "group"dynamics it is easy to lose direction. Thanks for the thread! Nice to read the variety of responses. Peace.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

greybeard (15th November 2015), Guish (15th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th November 2015), Wind (18th November 2015)

39. Link to Post #40
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

At times yes but the fact that one is in the matrix could mean that somebody is controlling his mind most of the time

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

greybeard (15th November 2015), Skyhaven (15th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (15th November 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast