+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: The saga of Obama's birth certificate

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

Default The saga of Obama's birth certificate

Verbatim from http://beforeitsnews.com/religion/20...e-2498732.html

(Note: it's a little unclear to me exactly who is writing what, but the essence of the information presented is easy to understand. The 6 photos below have been previously published, nearly 5 years ago, and have been controversial.)

~~~~

VNN (Vortex Network News) was approached by a whistleblower that had the REAL birth documents of President Barack Hussein Obama II:

Obama’s legal name is Barak Hussein Soetero (adopted by Stanley’s 2nd husband, an Indonesian Muslim man). Obama’s birth father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr was also a Muslim. Under Islam, a child is ALWAYS the religion of the father. Under Judaism, a child is a Jew through the mother, regardless of whether they convert later or not. A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. Same with Islam. Even though Obama may state he is ‘Christian’, under the rules of Islam, he is Muslim and will always be Muslim because he was born into a Muslim family.

A British history buff was asked if he could find out who the colonial registrar was for Mombasa in 1961. After only a few minutes of research, he called back and said “Sir Edward F. Lavender Note the same name near the bottom of the photo above.

Source(s): Kenya Dominion Record 4667 Australian library.

” And here is a close-up of the bottom of the document where you can read “Coast Providence of Kenya “ and the Official signature of the Deputy Registrar….. The above document is a “Certified Copy of Registration of Birth”, but below is a copy of the actual Certificate of Birth…

The real-deal legal kind of certificate. The Mombasa Registrar of Births has testified that Obama’s birth certificate from Coast Province General Hospital in Mombasa is genuine. This copy was obtained by Lucas Smith through the help of a Kenyan Colonel who recently got it Directly from the Coast General Hospital in Mombasa , Kenya ..

Here it is ;;;….. Note the footprint!! The local Muslim Imam in Mombasa named Barack with his Muslim middle name Hussein so his official name on this certificate is Barack Hussein Obama II.

The grandmother of Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Reveals the story of his birth in Mombasa , Kenya , a seaport, after his mother suffered labor pains while swimming at ocean beach in Mombasa ….

“On August 4, 1961 Obama’s mother, father and grandmother were attending a Muslim festival in Mombasa , Kenya .. Mother had been refused entry to airplanes due to her nine month pregnancy. It was a hot August day at the festival so the Obama s went to the beach to Cool off. While swimming in the ocean his mother experienced labor pains so was rushed to the Coast Provincial General Hospital , Mombasa , Kenya where Obama was born a few hours later at 7:21 PM on August 4, 1961(what a sad day for the USA !). Four days later his mother flew to Hawaii and registered his birth in Honolulu as a certificate of live birth which omitted the place and hospital of birth.”

Letter from Kitau in Mombasa, Kenya …….

“I happen to be Kenyan. I was born 1 month before Obama at Mombasa medical center. I am a teacher here at the MM Shaw Primary School in Kenya . I compared my birth certificate to the one that has been put out by Taitz and mine is exactly the same. I even have the same registrar and format.
    The type is identical. I am by nature a skeptical person. I teach science here and challenge most things that cannot be proven.

So I went to an official registrar today and pulled up the picture on the web. They magnified it and determined it to be authentic. There is even a plaque with Registrar Lavenders name on it as he was a Brit and was in charge of the Registrar office from 1959 until January of 1964.

The reason the date on the certificate says republic of Kenya is that we were a republic when the “copy” of the original was ordered. I stress the word “copy”. My copy also has republic of Kenya .

So what you say is true about Kenya not being a republic at the time of Obama’s birth, however it was a republic when the copy was ordered. The birth certificate is genuine. I assure you it will be authenticated by a forensic auditor.

We are very proud Obama was born here. We have a shrine for him and there are many people who remember his birth here as he had a white mother. They are being interviewed now by one of your media outlets.

Fortunately they even have pictures of his parents with him immediately after his birth at the Mombasa hospital with the hospital in the back ground. It will be a proud day for us when it is proven that he was born here and a Kenyan became the most powerful man in the world.

I encourage anyone to come here and visit. I will be happy to take you and show you the pictures at the hospital myself as well as my documents and many others that are identical to what Taitz posted. God Bless. Kitau”

So, how much more proof do we need ? Well , Here it is…{SJC} Lolo Soetoro, Stanley Ann Dunham Soetoro, baby Maya Soetoro, and 9 year old Barry Soetoro. This registration document, made available on Jan. 24, 2007, by the Fransiskus Assisi school in Jakarta, Indonesia , shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro made by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro.

Name: Barry Soetoro Religion: Islam Nationality: Indonesian How did this little INDONESIAN Muslim child – Barry Soetoro, ( A.K.A. Barack Obama ) get around the issue of nationality to become President of the United States of America ?

PART 2 : In a move certain to fuel the debate over Obama’s qualifications for the presidency, the group “Americans for Freedom of Information” has released copies of President Obama’s college transcripts from Occidental College ….

The transcript indicates that Obama, under the name Barry Soetoro, received financial aid as a foreign student from Indonesia while an undergraduate at the school. The transcript was released by Occidental College in compliance with a court order in a suit brought by the group in the Superior Court of California .

The transcript shows that Obama (Soetoro) applied for financial aid and was awarded a fellowship for foreign students from the Fulbright Foundation Scholarship program. To qualify for this scholarship, a student must claim foreign citizenship.

This document provides the smoking gun that many of Obama’s detractors have been seeking – that he is NOT a natural-born citizen of the United States - necessary to be President of these United States !! Along with the evidence that he was first born in Kenya, here we see that there is no record of him ever applying for US citizenship. !!. Gary Kreep of the United States Justice Foundation has released the results of their investigation of Obama’s campaign spending.

This study estimates that Obama has spent upwards of $950,000 in campaign funds in the past year with eleven law firms in 12 states for legal resources to block disclosure of any of his personal records !!. Mr. Kreep indicated that the investigation is still on-going but that the final report will be provided to the U.S. attorney general, Eric Holder. And Mr. Holder has refused comment on this matter !!

It is interesting to note the FBI, CIA and NSA all know about these documents, and are choosing to do nothing on the basis that it may cause a national security threat.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 14th November 2015 at 13:18.

2. The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), abmqa (14th November 2015), Arcturian108 (16th November 2015), astridmari (14th November 2015), Atlas (14th November 2015), Aurelius (14th November 2015), avid (14th November 2015), Baby Steps (25th November 2016), binemaya (14th November 2015), birddog (21st November 2015), BMJ (21st November 2015), Brightstar (14th November 2015), ceetee9 (15th November 2015), Chester (10th December 2016), Chip (14th November 2015), Cidersomerset (14th November 2015), cursichella1 (15th November 2015), Daughter of Time (14th November 2015), DebJoy (6th December 2016), drneglector (24th November 2016), Ernie Nemeth (14th November 2015), Foxie Loxie (14th November 2015), Gardener (14th November 2015), ghostrider (14th November 2015), Harley (14th November 2015), Heart-2-Heart (14th November 2015), Innocent Warrior (14th November 2015), justntime2learn (15th November 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (14th November 2015), Lefty Dave (14th November 2015), Lifebringer (14th November 2015), Magneticman (14th November 2015), Maknocktomb (15th November 2015), Matt P (14th November 2015), mojo (14th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), nephalim (15th November 2015), observer (14th November 2015), onawah (29th November 2015), ponda (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), raregem (14th November 2015), Rex (14th November 2015), rgray222 (6th December 2015), Shannon (30th April 2017), sigma6 (14th November 2015), Snoweagle (14th November 2015), Sophocles (14th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th November 2015), Timreh (14th November 2015), tnkayaker (14th November 2015), TrumanCash (5th December 2016), turiya (24th November 2016), Valerie Villars (26th July 2018), vano915 (18th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Default Re: The saga of Obama's birth certificate

Here's just one of many videos I could find on YouTube. This one's FROM NEARLY THREE YEARS AGO.

This birth certificate issue is old news. Nothing has been done. Nothing will be done. The Global Authority is in total control.

I wrote to my U.S. Congressman over two years ago, asking he look into it. I never heard back from him. No big surprise. My Congressman is Frank LoBiondo. He's on the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence - go figure.
    Last edited by observer; 14th November 2015 at 01:53. Reason: add text

4. Link to Post #3
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis: President Barack Obama (funny):

Quote Zach (2.24): Where are you planning on building your presidential library? Hawaii or your home country of Kenya? Because, I mean both places seem like they would be...

Obama: Zach, that`s a ridiculous question.

Zach: Well, you know, I mean, not to bring up the birth certificate thing, which you never did not really produce...

Obama: Where`s your birth certificate? Why don`t you show it to us right now?
    Last edited by Sophocles; 14th November 2015 at 01:55.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Atlas (14th November 2015), Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cidersomerset (14th November 2015), drneglector (24th November 2016), justntime2learn (15th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), raregem (14th November 2015), Shannon (30th April 2017), Sunny-side-up (14th November 2015)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

I have only one objection to the first post

Religion discussion is irrelevant to the subject person's legality. American constitution does not allow its foreign country born citizens become a president of United of America. It is not mentioned to the skin color or religious background of candidate. Put it(religion definition of a person) in a legitimate argument is irrelevant.
    Love and Hope

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Cara (6th December 2015), Fanna (14th November 2015), Kryztian (14th November 2015), Matisse (14th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote When this post originally appeared the title did not contain the words "but may also be a hoax." I wrote the comments below assuming that these documents were being introduced as new and we were being urged to act on the info as such.
    If any one had posted this, other than Bill Ryan, I would have probably yawned, cursed the person that posted, and then felt a little sorry for them and said a prayer that they would wise up soon.

In addition to the above documents that Bill has posted, we also have a birth certificate on the whitehouse.gov site, AND we also have a printed announcement of Obama's birth in the Honolulu Advertiser and in the Honolulu Star Bulletin.

The fact is, of the documents I've referred to documenting Obama's Hawaiian birth and the documents that Bill has referred to documenting an African one, at least half of them are forged and quite possibly ALL OF THEM ARE PHONEY.

The legitimacy of Obama's birth here in the U.S.A. is for most people, not a matter a factual evidence, it is a matter of belief. About a third of Americans, mostly conservative, have at some point absolutely believed he was not born in the U.S.A., only because it upheld a deep seated feeling of his illegitimacy, either because of his skin color or his perceived "liberalism". Another third of Americans would and could never believe that Obama, their Messiah, was born outside of the USA no matter what evidence was shown to them. For a small minority of us Americans, the issue is about proof and evidence and further inquiry.

Of course, all the evidence is so tampered with, objective inquiry may now be impossible. As long as sinister people walk the halls of the CIA and other places of power and secrecy, we will never know. I can envision scenarios where they would manufacture either story (either the Kenyan birth or the Hawaiian one) just to create divisiveness, just to focus our attention on this issue, just to take our eyes off what really matters to them.

There are so many deep mysteries in the world and we have done such a good job of bringing light to them here on the Avalon Forum and I hope we will continue to do so. However, until there is some new compelling evidence that comes to light, I just can't care about Obama's birth right now.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 14th November 2015 at 13:44.

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Arcturian108 (16th November 2015), Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), ceetee9 (15th November 2015), Chester (10th December 2016), DebJoy (6th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (14th November 2015), justntime2learn (15th November 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (14th November 2015), Matisse (14th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), onawah (29th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Shannon (30th April 2017)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Doesn't really matter, imo. The United States is a de facto corporation. And Obama is the present CEO of that corporation. Forget what the U.S. Constitution says about the qualifications for President. Because its a corporation & the 'rule of law' doesn't apply. Corporations can have whomever they want to be their CEO, from whatever nationality. Its all a ruse... theater... a facade! People got a long way to go to wake up to what is really going on.

That's what all these clowns are debating about -- who will be the next CEO of the Corporation of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
    Last edited by turiya; 14th November 2015 at 03:03.

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed Karpos's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by Karpos; 14th November 2015 at 09:50.

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

At first glance the forgery looks good,look at the attending doctors signature, it doesn't match the name and was signed a day later...

I went to vortex to see how old the report was and laughed

One of their recommended sources for truth is Corsi...

Hey Bill, it's Friday the 13th, not April Fool's day...

"
    Jerome Corsi's "The Obama Nation" is a mishmash of unsupported conjecture, half-truths, logical fallacies and outright falsehoods... http:// http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/corsis-dull-hatchet/
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 14th November 2015 at 06:05.

13. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Quote Posted by Tangri (here)
    I have only one objection to the first post

Religion discussion is irrelevant to the subject person's legality. American constitution does not allow its foreign country born citizens become a president of United of America. It is not mentioned to the skin color or religious background of candidate. Put it(religion definition of a person) in a legitimate argument is irrelevant.
    It IS relevant simply for the fact that the president of the united states has stated many times publicly that he is a christian. If he's lying...if any president would so coldly lie about such things, I think people have a right to know.

And to Kryztian...you just don't care that a man might be serving in the highest office in America who, by law, might not have been qualified to even run, much less be allowed to win?? Really? If this is true, it would make everything he's done in office illegal. So, no big deal here, huh?

Turiya: you nailed it! But I think getting to the truth of this birth certificate craziness might help shed more light on the truth of your wonderful statement. I have seen many similar comments to yours when this debate comes up.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), ceetee9 (15th November 2015), Chester (10th December 2016), drneglector (24th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (14th November 2015), justntime2learn (15th November 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (14th November 2015), Nan (15th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Rex (23rd November 2015), Snoweagle (14th November 2015), tnkayaker (15th November 2015), Valerie Villars (26th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,548 times in 833 posts

Smile Re: The saga of Obama's birth certificate

Quote Obama’s legal name is Barak Hussein Soetero (adopted by Stanley’s 2nd husband, an Indonesian Muslim man). Obama’s birth father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr was also a Muslim. Under Islam, a child is ALWAYS the religion of the father. Under Judaism, a child is a Jew through the mother, regardless of whether they convert later or not. A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. Same with Islam. Even though Obama may state he is ‘Christian’, under the rules of Islam, he is Muslim and will always be Muslim because he was born into a Muslim family.
    I'm not sure where this information comes from, but it is not correct.

According to Islamic beliefs, we are ALL born Muslims (i.e. it is the one true belief). You are a practising Muslim (if you have been practising another religion, it is believed that you revert rather than convert) if you consciously and freely 'submit' to Allah and accept him in your heart and mind (some Imams say you must do so publicly and others say it can be done in private).

Culturally, in Islam, it is customary for a child to be raised according to the father's religion (it is a patriarchal culture). However, there is no such thing as automatically following the religion (i.e. being a practising Muslim) because your parents are or father is Muslim.

So according to Islamic belief, Obama is Mulsim because we all are, but he is not a Muslim because he was not raised by his father to follow the 'one true religion' and he has publicly chosen to be Christian.

Last edited by sdv; 14th November 2015 at 12:26.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Atlas (14th November 2015), Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), justntime2learn (15th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), raregem (14th November 2015), thunder24 (14th November 2015)

17. Link to Post #11
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Recently Surfaced Obama Speech From 1995

Obama said that “much of my life was spent trying to reconcile the terms of my birth.”

Quote My father was a black African and my mother was a white American. And much of my life was spent trying to reconcile the terms of my birth — that divided heritage — with the realities of race and nationality, tribal identities, that exist not just in this country but also overseas. So that this book is not so much a memoir, I think, as sort of a journey of discovery for me. Some sense of trying to make sense of my family. And family’s always a complicated thing, but it was a little bit more complicated for me. And part of that process of me understanding my family ends up understanding the larger forces that shaped my family.
    Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherm...fr#.ia26oJ5LzJ

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

animovado (15th November 2015), Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), justntime2learn (15th November 2015), Knowrainknowrainbows! (14th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), Rocky_Shorz (14th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th November 2015)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Karpos (here)
    This is very old.

http://rense.com/general92/birthcert.htm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama.../kenyacert.asp

Did someone hack Bill's account?
    (laughing ) Wow! Yes, that is old.

(I changed the thread title...! )

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (14th November 2015), Karpos (14th November 2015), Lifebringer (14th November 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th November 2015)

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    And to Kryztian...you just don't care that a man might be serving in the highest office in America who, by law, might not have been qualified to even run, much less be allowed to win?? Really? If this is true, it would make everything he's done in office illegal. So, no big deal here, huh?
    What I care about is that there are ways to prove this man has done illegal things AND WE CAN PROVE THEM without relying on ambiguous mysterious documents. This is the first president to sign off on having an American citizen murdered (Anwar al-Awlaki) without going to trial. He signed the 2011 NDAA bill after saying he wouldn't because it allowed Americans to be "detained indefinitely" (i.e. put in prison forever), even though his White House fought to have this amendment put in bill. His Justice Department has refused to prosecute the criminal bankers of Wall Street, or James Clapper who perjured himself before congress about the NSA's illegal activities but acts vigorously to go after Chelsea Manning, Edward Snowden, Julian Assange, John Kiriakou and others who merely want let Americans know the truth of what their "democratic" government is up to.

There is clearly plenty of impeccable unquestionable information that is out there right in the public domain that demonstrate this man should be impeached and sent to prison and we could do it, but unfortunately, we are so distracted by these pieces of paper that anyone could have forged on their home computer, by these stories that any CIA operative could have arranged for a few persons in Kenya to testify to.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Arcturian108 (16th November 2015), Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), ceetee9 (15th November 2015), conk (30th November 2016), Ewan (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), rgray222 (6th December 2015)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

(I changed the thread title...! )
    Thank you for adding "but may also be a hoax" to the title. I might have responded differently above if that were in the original title.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 14th November 2015 at 13:05. Reason: fixing quote

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015)

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Just adding a few items about this guy Obama, he is a very shady character indeed:

We all know that the presidency for the USA is a pre-chosen, behind the public view/done deal, and is nearly always a 'Blood-Lined' candidate!
    Which I believe I have read that Obama is.

So just why was he put in?
    Dose he fore-fill some Prophesied agenda and so is part of their ritual path? (Which I believe has also been posted here in Avalon)
    Wasn't his real father ( the one not his official father, who actually looks very much like Obama!) a member of some cult? (also posted in Avalon before).
    Where dose/would a possible cult fit in with the blood-lined agenda, how is said cult connected to the blood-lined agenda?

For him to be where he is now, he must have great worth to the PTB, those who push and pull the strings in the USA!

Just a few thoughts as raised by the OP, thx Bill.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), galilava (1st December 2015), observer (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Kryztian (here)

Thank you for adding "but may also be a hoax" to the title.
    Yes. The 6 photos that accompanied the new piece were clearly previously published (I edited my post #1 to add that fact). I'd be very interested to read any analysis of the information presented in the text.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Kryztian (14th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Sunny-side-up (14th November 2015)

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

I can't believe this thread is even here. Haven't any of you ever read the constitution??? This is the biggest SNOW JOB !Any! Government has ever pulled on it's people!!! And y'all just keep right-on buyin it!!!

At no time... should his birth certificate been in question. It was and is his Father the should have been. Because at NO time in his life, had his Father, (EVER) been a U.S.Citizen.

READ YOUR CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

Don't just keep re-hashing the same old argument. It is irrelevent!!!

AND!!!??? Why didn't Congress investigate this "Before"he became POTUS!!!????????

IT IS ACT OF TREASON... TO ALLOW HIM TO BE POTUS!!!!!

BOTH PARENTS!!! Must be citizens, for the child to be eligible to be POTUS. Yep

And Barry's daddy--- "wasn't"!!!...nope.never was.!
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Nasu (16th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Valerie Villars (26th July 2018)

31. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

I object, sirdip. ^^^^

The eligibility clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article II, Section 1, Clause 5) does not mention "both parents". It only refers to a "natural born citizen".

Quote from Wikipedia - "Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:
    Clause 5 -
    No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
    Various opinions have been offered over time regarding the precise meaning of a "natural born citizen". See more regarding these interpretations, here.

Bottom line: The Constitution does not mention "both parents". So, the question really reverts-back to, was he really born in Hawaii? Making the OP of this thread most relevant.
    Last edited by observer; 14th November 2015 at 17:19. Reason: accuracy

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Most people that knows his first move in office was pardoning Cheney and Bush for attacking America on 9/11 set the stage for Republicans not being able to touch him for anything.

After finding out the first Republican President Abraham Lincoln erased an amendment that made it illegal for him to hold office, has made me wonder about all of them...

33. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member Knowrainknowrainbows!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,527 times in 252 posts

Having attended/participated in a local community group wherein we "examined" the US constitution and discussed/argued interpretations of various key points, the 14th amendment was a prime example:

(The following is from http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha..._11-27.html#14)

AMENDMENT XIV
    Passed by Congress June 13, 1866. Ratified July 9, 1868.

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Section 1.
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

Quote Posted by observer (here)
    I object, sirdip. ^^^^

The eligibility clause of the U.S. Constitution (Article II, Section 1, Clause 5) does not mention "both parents". It only refers to a "natural born citizen".

Quote from Wikipedia - "Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:
    Clause 5 -
    No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."
    Various opinions have been offered over time regarding the precise meaning of a "natural born citizen". See more regarding these interpretations, here.

Bottom line: The Constitution does not mention "both parents". So, the question really reverts-back to, was he really born in Hawaii? Making the OP of this thread most relevant.
    Of great interest to my group was the clause, " and subject to the jurisdiction thereof". Why was there a NEED to insert those words?

To further confound matters, ... consider the term "subject" ... If not subject to the jurisdiction then not a "citizen"? ... Can one be born or naturalized without being/becoming a "subject" or "citizen"?
    What is meant by ... "subject to the jurisdiction thereof"? The US?
    Our group felt that a baby born to parents (wherein neither were US citizens) was subject to the jurisdiction of the parent's foreign country, just as were the parents.

At the time written being a subject implied being under the dominion of a ruler such as a king ... or "giving allegiance" to another ...

My grandfather immigrated in the early 1900's. I have a copy of his immigration paper ... he had to swear allegiance to the US of A and denounce the emperor.

I don't mean to muddy the waters ... I only offer additional perspective as I feel we have been "bamboozled" with "legaleze" and various interpretations/misinterpretations ...

We may be "subjects" afterall ... Whew! The plot thickens ... Now children will no longer learn cursive handwriting in school - It will be as a foreign language so they will not be able to read original documents/transcripts. They will depend upon others interpretation ... plus changes/alterations can easily be made to digital copies. :-(

Who said "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance"? Truth!!!

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Knowrainknowrainbows! For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th November 2015), Cara (6th December 2015), Nasu (25th July 2018), observer (14th November 2015), onawah (29th November 2015), quiltinggrandma (15th November 2015), Rocky_Shorz (15th November 2015), Valerie Villars (26th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast