Thread: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

I just realized that the cramps I would sometimes get in the morning just after I would awake and then stretch... have vanished.

Note: I take no other supplements.

I get all my food at the whole foods market and go organic as best I can. I also noticed another good thing - I am eating less! I am actually losing some weight! Its only been three weeks but I don't have the same driving hunger as I had up until I started this MBC.

I also found several bottles of the plain seltzer water at another Kroger (grabbed 4!).

And yes - 2 - 3 ounces seems just about the right amount for me daily.
    Last edited by Chester; 16th December 2015 at 23:28.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (16th December 2015), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Constance (16th December 2015), Jean-Marie (16th December 2015), kanishk (23rd December 2015), Mike (16th December 2015), penn (17th December 2015)

3. Link to Post #62
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

It's nice to not have muscle cramping.. I am not afraid to stretch my legs also in bed in the morning Sam while using the Magnesium BiCarbonate (MBC).. The amount is so small (of MBC) considering how large supplement capsules are of the other types of Magnesium which either don't work, or can do harm (such as the calcium oxide "calcium supplements")...

Couple days ago I went to the store to get of all things a LOT of green leafy veggies, different types of red and green lettuce, and some really wonderful looking, broccoli. Fresh mushrooms, hydroponically grown tomatoes.. Some redwine-vinegar, and olive oil.

And I had some rather great salads at dinner, lunch.. Normally my intestinal tract would say woah there padna.. and go into spasm, but it didn't. I enjoyed it, no cramping, no spasms.. Could the MBC possibly work for people with irritable bowel situations too? Could it be that easy? If we have been worrying about "candida" for instance, cause we feel that the cells' immunity methods can't handle, it (if the mitochondria are harmed, not switched on properly..) surely normally insulting substances would be very reactive to the body.. and the body would want to turn on an immune response to flush it out FAST..

But with the MBC, the immune system is like running on normal, mucous production in the lungs, and digestive system is running "normal".. Relief on so many levels happens.. And to enjoy greens without worrying about immune reactions, weoh.. that really makes my day. So folks maybe who have odd digestive issues, may see benefits also from the MBC..

4. Link to Post #63
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

Hi Bob (and Sam). I've been on the magnesium water for about a week now. I'm taking 2 ounces per day.

So far, I haven't noticed any big changes although I'm fighting a nasty herpes outbreak right now so that has set me back physically.

I do notice digestive changes for the better. I'll keep you posted since I don't intend on stopping.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

Bob (17th December 2015), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Chester (17th December 2015), kanishk (23rd December 2015)

6. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hi Bob, I may be confused about part of the process in making the MBC.

Do I first chill the seltzer water?

And prior to adding the Milk of Magnesia, do I shake the bottle vigorously first or only after I add the Milk of Magnesia?

Thanks... Sam
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (18th December 2015), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

8. Link to Post #65
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Hi Bob, I may be confused about part of the process in making the MBC.

Do I first chill the seltzer water?

And prior to adding the Milk of Magnesia, do I shake the bottle vigorously first or only after I add the Milk of Magnesia?

Thanks... Sam
    When one chills the seltzer, that cuts down rapid release of the CO2 gas.. so chill chill chill, and do not shake until the Milk of Magnesia (Magnesium hydroxide) is rapidly added to the chilled seltzer.. and the cap is back on tightly..

After the cap is closed tightly, shake shake shake at least a minute - the seltzer/mom will go cloudy.. then..

Put it back in the fridge, tightly closed for about an hour - possibly after an hour now of sitting in the fridge, the seltzer plastic bottle will start to cave in, and it will start to become clear with some sediment on the bottom.. take it out and then...

Shake shake shake once again, and it goes slightly cloudy again as the sediment gets into the solution.. Put it back in the fridge again and let it sit for about 4 hours cold, and by that time it should have caved in really well (absorbed all the CO2 available, and converted into Magnesium BiCarbonate, MBC).. at this time one has a usable concentrate.. dilute as desired..

I'm just now making my second bottle, having chilled the seltzer for a couple hours, getting ready to add in the 3 tablespoons-full of the milk of magnesia (will cap quickly then shake shake shake..) and refridge for an hour... before taking it out and shaking once again..

9. Link to Post #66
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Thanks, Bob - and very clear.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (19th December 2015), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

11. Link to Post #67
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks, Bob - and very clear.
    I couldn't wait for the 4 hours after the second shaking.. What I looked for was as soon as the bottle caved in, and it was pretty darned clear, I took it out and poured myself a glass of distilled water (chilled) and then added in one ounce of the new batch.. That was outstanding, the flavor, very reminiscent of a bicarbonate taste, and less "sweetish" tasting (which appears to happen after the 4 hour wait time after the second shaking). I've upped the total amount of MBC to 3 ounces btw...

(the above is a webcam btw)

After working outside in the cold (it's been freezing in the Springs) for all afternoon and really pushing the muscles I think I depleted the amount (probably the minimal maintenance amount of one ounce), and noticed due to the cold much more muscle activity was burning energy fast.. Going to the 3 ounces when really cold, pushing the engine "hard" definitely helps. I'll probably cut back if I drop the physical exercise down, but it's been pretty freezing and I like working outside in the low temps.. Interesting doing yard work at 7000 foot altitude in the cold when having the MBC supplement.. The Black Forest is beautiful this time of year.
    Last edited by Bob; 22nd December 2015 at 03:35.

12. Link to Post #68
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,534 times in 476 posts

Hi, I searched for Milk of Magnesia in pharmaceuticals but nobody has a brand that has plain Magnesium hydroxide. Some have flavors in it and if some brands are unflavored they have paraffin added into it. Is it okay to use the unflavored MOM with paraffin added?

I went to some chemical shops also but they don't have Magnesium Hydroxide with them. Maybe next I will thoroughly search it in chemical shops or I can ask them to order it for me..

Bob? is it a good idea to synthesize magnesium hydroxide from other magnesium slats like Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium oxide or Magnesium sulphate etc..

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bob (23rd December 2015), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Chester (24th December 2015)

14. Link to Post #69
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kanishk (here)
    Hi, I searched for Milk of Magnesia in pharmaceuticals but nobody has a brand that has plain Magnesium hydroxide. Some have flavors in it and if some brands are unflavored they have paraffin added into it. Is it okay to use the unflavored MOM with paraffin added?

I went to some chemical shops also but they don't have Magnesium Hydroxide with them. Maybe next I will thoroughly search it in chemical shops or I can ask them to order it for me..

Bob? is it a good idea to synthesize magnesium hydroxide from other magnesium slats like Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium oxide or Magnesium sulphate etc..
    Hi Kanishk - nice to hear from you again !

It can be ordered off Amazon, or other internet suppliers. I would stay away from Paraffin oil, as that definitely is part of the normal laxative, and one doesn't want this Magnesium BiCarbonate to act like a laxative.. U may want to try a flavored brand IF the byproducts are minimal, as what is needed is PURE Magnesium Hydroxide.

Potentially one could synthesize the Magnesium hydroxide, but then one would have to come up with a way to determine the concentration in solution.. Unless one is a chemist, with proper weighing systems, supplies, that could be very unwieldy.. The impurities would be like a hypochlorite... assorted "laxative" substances.. Pure Magnesium Hydroxide is what will get the best Magnesium Bicarbonate product when combined properly with the CO2 in the seltzer.. Look at the amount of active Magnesium Hydroxide in the Kroger brand, and that is the concentration one is looking for in the 3 tablespoons full to be added to the seltzer.
    Last edited by Bob; 23rd December 2015 at 16:01.

15. Link to Post #70
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FYI - I am still drinking this daily. I did sense I was starting to overdo it a bit and so have backed down to around 1.5 to 2 ounces a day prior to dilution.

The most obvious effect is that my thinking has become much clearer and remains fairly consistently clear throughout the day. I also have experienced an energy boost since day two and this level of energy has also remained reasonably consistently.

There has never been a supplement that I have taken that has has such a dramatic (positive) impact. I am still like... "wow."

Thanks again, Bob... Sam
    Last edited by Chester; 9th January 2016 at 03:46.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (5th January 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Constance (5th January 2016)

17. Link to Post #71
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

FYI - I am still drinking this daily. I did sense I was starting to overdo it a bit and so have backed down to around 1.5 to 2 ounces a day prior to dilution.

The most obvious effect is that my thinking has become much clearer and remains fairly consistently clear throughout the day. i also have experienced an energy boost since day two and this level of energy has also remained reasonably consistently.

There has never been a supplement that i have taken that has has such a dramatic (positive) impact. I am still like... "wow."

Thanks again, Bob... Sam
    Thanks Sam, the person who shared this with me I really have to thank, Jose who said that when I was finding muscle spasms and sciatica sensitivity, maybe it is a magnesium shortage. When I researched the Bicarbonate channel, it made a lot of sense, that the mitochondria activity (cellular respiration/energy) was being diminished, or in some cases, "turned OFF" from the vaccination (the mercury toxicity, and leaking fillings).

I'm noting with still having mercury fillings, when they act up, the magnesium bicarbonate requirement goes UP..

Also, environmental toxicity, food additive toxicity... when I sense the need, adding a bit more of the magnesium bicarbonate water works.. When there is enough I also back off, and depending on the cold temperatures (I still like working outside when it is very low temp, such beautiful pictures with the trees all covered in snow and ice, just like a HallMark moment .. in the cold the magnesium bicarbonate need apparently goes up.. I find a very good generation of body heat happens when I have adequate carbohydrates, and good fresh water.

All and all skin healing and muscle and blood vessel healing has been occurring as well.

I'm experimenting with the different mineral levels of calcium, sodium, potassium - all of which are NOT in the oxide form, but are in amino acid forms, or ascorbate forms.. I'm staying away from ANY minerals in oxide form due to the hydrogen formation potential (mentioned in an earlier post about how hydrogenation of fats can happen with oxide chemistry)..

I'm still WOW too, especially having worked VERY hard and the body instead of being exhausted says, YA !! great work out ! do it again !! which for me means a lot.

I'm glad to share this with the community. Folks helping each other.

18. Link to Post #72
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Is there anything wrong with flavoring the diluted water with lemon or lime/citric acid fruits, or are you aware of anything to definitely not mix it with?
    Thank you in advance.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Bob (5th January 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Chester (6th January 2016)

20. Link to Post #73
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by waves (here)
    Is there anything wrong with flavoring the diluted water with lemon or lime/citric acid fruits, or are you aware of anything to definitely not mix it with?
    Thank you in advance.
    I think if one wants to have it as pure as possible keep it away from acids - when consumed, there will be a conversion with a CO2 release, when the bicarbonate reacts with the acids changing the chemistry; to keep the magnesium bicarbonate as pure as possible, don't expose it to any additional acids (ascorbic, or citric are acids).. and leave it as the bicarbonate form. The BiCarbonate channel activation I think is important, and that comes from a pure form, and possibly is absorbed through the tissues on the way to the stomach.

I've tried holding the bicarbonate water in the mouth for sublingual or direct tissue absorption, before swallowing, and that seems to work..

As to flavoring, there are concentrated flavors which are not acid based and that may be useful to try if one wants flavoring..

I find using the magnesium bicarbonate in warm (under 120 degree) coffee really works well, and/or I've tried using flavored seltzer in some cases (one can obtain flavored seltzer), which uses an essential oil flavoring, with no acids except for the carbon dioxide (carbonic acid from the CO2)... I've even tried some concentrated chocolate for flavoring, which is really interesting

I think minimize the variables is the best way to test.
    Last edited by Bob; 5th January 2016 at 05:42.

21. Link to Post #74
    Language
    English
    Thanks

2 things -

a few days ago I went to a Kroger and bought 2 2L bottles of seltzer and 2 bottles of their generic Milk of Magnesia... the cost was roughly $6.00. My point is this is incredibly cheap.

totally separate from the above - I tried to make a batch of the concentrate yesterday using one of the 1 liter bottles of seltzer I still had. I chilled the bottle of seltzer in the fridge until it was completely cold. When I opened it I heard the normal bit of fiz. I then added what was likely 3 .25 tablespoons full of Milk of Magnesia which filled it almost to the very brim. I did the normal shaking. I came back a three or four hours later and the bottle had not sunk in yet I realized since it had been almost full, that sinking in may not be very possible. So I poured out a tiny bit to allow some room. I then shook again to dispel any last cloudiness. I came back the next morning and there was still a tiny bit of cloudiness and the bottle had not sunk in.

Is it possible that I made a dud batch? My thoughts are that even the slight bit of extra Milk of Magnesia may have been an issue. Also, that there was almost zero "air space" in the bottle may also have played a role in the bottle not sinking in.

Just sharing the experience... as cheap as this is, I may throw this batch out anyways as it appears this batch may have failed.

And now a question... once I have a good batch made, must I keep it refrigerated? I was wondering about this because I sometimes travel.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (10th January 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

23. Link to Post #75
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

I thought my second bottle (batch) was a dud also. When making the first batch, I put the selter bottle in the refrigerator until I thought it was cold enough. I was very excited to try it, so after adding the magnesium into the seltzer and shaking it, I put it in the freezer. removed it and shook it again the bottle collapsed and then I put it back in the freezer and left it there a bit too long with it partially freezing. No residue/sediments at all.

The second batch I only used the refirgerator. It was not the same. The finished product had sediment in it and it even tasted off to me.

I am on my third bottle now made the same way as the first. It is excellent again and I am enjoying it.

-jean-marie

24. Link to Post #76
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Jean-Marie, I'm on my third bottle here too. Apparently the temperature and the pressure of the CO2 has a lot to do with how much conversion happens. Some folks have reported removing about 1 ounce of seltzer from the 1 litre bottle prior to adding the MOM (Milk of Magnesia, or Magnesium Hydroxide).. and rapidly closing the bottle cap tightly.

I've experimented with a supplement afterwards, about two hours after having the MBC coffee.. V-8 veggie juice, two 12 ounces glasses of that. Zero hunger, and sustained energy, get up and go. I also tried 100 mg of pure nicotinic acid (Niacin) one of the days to see what good HDL cholesterol release would do. (source) ... I'm wondering if I can make a magnesium-nicotinic-bicarbonate and have the benefits of getting rid of the "wrong" cholesterol and facilitating the good cholesterol. I know it felt fantastic, like clogged capillaries were unclogging and cells which needed the bicarbonate - magnesium.. mitochondria activation was happening.. Ah the feeling of 'young again'.

25. Link to Post #77
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am finally ready to state that -

After dealing with what I was always told was a "candida issue"...

Having first gone to the "doctors" (zero results other than contributing to the profits of the pharmaceutical cartel)

Having done every diet (never could stick with one), having tried all sorts of "pro-biotics" and having tried other potential remedies...

I am stating in all full and truthful honesty that all the symptoms of which I had come to believe I had "candida issues" have vanished completely since I started this MBC routine.

It is hard not to believe that the MBC resolved these issues (whether the issue was "candida" or not).

Also, I tried the batch that I thought may have been a dud and it seems to work just like the others. Yet for no more than the cost of $1.20 or so, I could easily have discarded it.
    Last edited by Chester; 11th January 2016 at 03:38.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (10th January 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Constance (11th January 2016), Meggings (11th January 2016)

27. Link to Post #78
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Sam that's great to hear !

28. Link to Post #79
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

On the question Sam about the bottle caving in or not. Some folks have said the plastic bottle doesn't some have reported that it does. Everyone one that I have made with the 1 litre size of the Kroger generic brand of unflavored seltzer water has caved. The bottle is very flimsy.

When the cap is on tight so that no gas escapes, feeling the bottle, the bottle should be pressurizing and getting quite firm, as one gives it the first shaking.. the shaking that happens is for about 1-3 minutes that first time.. that means CO2 pressure is building up.

Then moving that to the refrigerator, I can feel the intense pressure in the bottle. That should be an indication that there is a LOT of CO2 in the bottle.. Letting it settle for an hour the bottle, then starts going clear and starts caving in, meaning the CO2 is/has been absorbed.

On one batch, (#2) instead of shaking it again, I tried it, and I could taste the distinct "bicarbonate taste", which seemed really nice. On closing the bottle again, after opening it and letting air in, then shaking that second time (after having let air in), it no longer caved in...

So I wonder if there may be an 'air leak' after screwing on the cap the first time.. It should pressurize during the first shaking.. And that pressure (if the cap is tight), is going to decrease continually until the CO2 is chemically merged with the magnesium, converting the hydroxide to bicarbonate..

29. Link to Post #80
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Bob, thank you for starting this thread on magnesium bicarbonate. I researched and made this many years ago, but when my kids arrived to live under my roof, as the phrase goes "all hell broke loose" and I lost my seltzer water bottles, Milk of Magnesia, and even the made-up bottle I had in the frig.

Your thread has prompted me to pull up my socks and make a bid for a higher level of health, and I have gotten the supplies and will be ready to use the Mg(HCO3)2 tomorrow. The first test will be in my morning coffee, thanks to your posts about it.

I thanked you before with your thread on xylitol and its purported safety, for the research you provided explained why I looked askance at it when once I used sugarless gum sweetened with xylitol, and my body said "no" to it.

You have rendered me a sincere service with this thread, and I thank you for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 4 9 LastLast