Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

1. Link to Post #81
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

Quote Posted by Meggings (here)
    Bob, thank you for starting this thread on magnesium bicarbonate.

I researched and made this many years ago, but when my kids arrived to live under my roof, as the phrase goes "all hell broke loose" and I lost my seltzer water bottles, Milk of Magnesia, and even the made-up bottle I had in the frig.

[..]

Hi Meggins - it's certainly an interesting form of Magnesium.

This is what the bottle looks like after shaking, with having about 2 ounces of the really CHILLED seltzer removed, BEFORE adding in the 3 table spoon fulls of the Milk of Magnesia (Magnesium Hydroxide initials M.O.M.).

I put the chilled bottle in the sink once again, in-case of any spillage just in case.

As soon as I added the M.O.M. the mixture started bubbling, and I rapidly put the lid back on the bottle, and closed it tightly.

I picked up the bottle and started shaking it.. As I was shaking it it sure felt like it was getting colder - maybe the reaction absorbs heat from the environment?

The bottle at first was quite pressurized, but as I continued to shake it, (total of about 3 minutes of shaking), I noticed that it was starting to cave in already ! Maybe the extra headspace at the top of the bottle allowed for better mixing of the CO2 with the M.O.M. I continued shaking and it finally reached the picture you see here:

At this point the bottle was caved in, but I did NOT release the cap, but put it in the fridge once again, to let it set for an hour. At the end of the hour it should be pretty much clear. At that point opening the cap to let the air in should be OK. I'm preferring to store it refrigerated although, it has no organic material in it, it should last OK.

Personally, I prefer to make a new bottle every time the older bottle has about 2 ounces left in it.

==Update==

Taking out the two ounces of seltzer at first to 'make room' appears to not be the best idea as the full bottle's worth of CO2 apparently is needed to get all the hydroxide converted to bicarbonate.

So after the 2nd hour, opening the bottle, then adding 2 ounces of fresh seltzer was done. Shaking the bottle, and again it started to cave in. I assume then what that means is the CO2 is being absorbed once again.. I'll see what it is like in a couple hours. They keys appear to be chilled bottle of seltzer before opening, and to not jostle, carefully and slowly open the cap the first time and rapidly add the M.O.M., quickly close the cap.

===Update 2===

TESTING this BATCH: The bicarb taste was there, but just not as strong as it was with bottle 2. So after I had poured out the 1 ounce from this made up batch, I added in another ounce of fresh seltzer to this 3rd bottle to bring up the CO2 level.. And shook it and immediately it started to cave in, meaning the CO2 was being consumed rapidly..

What this tells me is this bicarbonate conversion process really could use as much CO2 as possible and keep the pressure up and the mixture COLD.

I'll try this extra CO2 from the one ounce replacement for what I took out this morning, and test later today to see what it tastes like. The bicarbonate taste is very recognizable.

I'm beginning to feel the initial recipe of "one FULL litre chilled seltzer" and 3 tablespoons full of M.O.M. and allow for some bubbling over is OK..

Probably the 3 tablespoon fulls of the mixing being added to the bottle when it is in the sink takes into account some MOM source loss. It will bubble over and some MOM will be spilled into the sink.

OBSERVATION: If there is too much milky color sitting on the bottom of the bottle after 1 hour of when it caves in, then possibly there was never enough CO2 in the starting bottle for the amount of MOM added..

Maybe decreasing the initial amount added to the bottle to 2 - 2.5 tablespoon fulls would be better. Keeping the CO2 UP seems to be key to the best conversion. It should only have a slight amount of visible sediment on the bottom of the bottle after an hour of sitting after it caved in.

===Update 3===

Adding more seltzer, one more ounce after removing one ounce of the CONCENTRATE batch, did not cause the bottle to cave in this time. Tasting the batch definitely had the "bicarbonate" (sorta like a fizzy-type of taste instead of strange 'sweet').. And there was absolutely NO residue left.. That confirms that this process requires a LOT of CO2.. And if residue has appeared, the mixture has not reacted completely (needing more seltzer to be added).

It looks like a 'work in progress' to tailor the brand of seltzer (CO2 content) and the MOM particular brand (the additives for instance added can change the recipe slightly it seems).

The right tasting mixture appears to be quite delightful in perceived affects. A mixture which is not completely reacted (converted to bicarbonate) appears to work, partially but the effects are less dramatic. Fresh mixtures so far seem to be best.. (Not enough data on this yet)..
    Last edited by Bob; 12th January 2016 at 14:45.

2. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Still experiencing the same positive effects.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (3rd February 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), Innocent Warrior (3rd February 2016)

4. Link to Post #83
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Same Sam.. When I messed up getting in all the MOM into the seltzer bottle, due to spillover at the original mixing, I noticed LESS collapse of the bottle, and afterwards (the bottle went clear after being cloudy), was that there was some excess CO2 present (a hiss when opening the cap).. That told me we had a good amount of CO2 present and GREAT bicarbonate formation, but I had a lesser amount of Magnesium bicarbonate produced. So I take 2 ounces instead of 1 with this batch to deal with the lesser amount.

When I had deficiency of the magnesium bicarbonate, sciatica spasm had started to re-occur, and night/morning leg cramps. Adding the magnesium bicarbonate corrected the pain/cramp problem within 4-6 hours of having the mixture in water.

Very impressed..

5. Link to Post #84
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I've refined the technique that I am using just a little bit.

I chill BOTH the 1 litre seltzer water AND the Magnesium Hydroxide (Milk of Magnesia. "M.O.M.") as cold as I can get it, without freezing.

Then I slowly move it to the counter where I pour out about 2 ounces of seltzer in a COLD (chilled cup). That is to make room for the MOM.. being added to the Seltzer bottle.

I measure out the 3 tablespoon fulls of the MOM in its mixing cup (after shaking the bottle to get it dispersed).

Then I open the seltzer bottle in the sink in-case anything bubbles over, then add the MOM slowly to minimize excess bubbling. I take some of the 2 ounces of chilled seltzer that I poured out to make room, and put it into the MOM plastic container to "rinse" it out, then pour THAT back into the seltzer bottle, and keep doing that until the 2 ounces is used up..

That way, everything is chilled, all the MOM gets into the seltzer bottle, and the least amount of CO2 is lost.

Closing the cap tightly on the seltzer bottle, I then shake it for 3 minutes - it goes uniformly "foggy" cloudy.. Then I let it set for a couple hours in the fridge.

If there is any sediment on the bottom.. I pour out about an ounce of the early magnesium bicarbonate water, into a cup (and use it, it is perfectly fine).... AND I add in from a fresh bottle of regular seltzer, enough seltzer to bring up the level to the rim of the bottle (minimal air space).. Closing the lid tightly I shake that up..

AND I notice the bottle caves in a little as the CO2 is consumed that I added through some fresh plain seltzer..

Looking at the sediment after a few hours, there is hardly any left.. That then means as much CO2 as was available now has been tied up with the magnesium so that we have Magnesium Bicarbonate..

This little extra few steps seems to make a VERY nice batch..
    Last edited by Bob; 13th February 2016 at 20:14.

6. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

I did discover I can do too much... what I mean by this is that I find that when I do 2.75 ounces or so day after day, sometimes about a week or so of this level of daily dosage, I then have a night where I dream like crazy (all sorts of astral critters after me too) and that I then wake before I wish I would which then effects the next day. Yet I also found that when I take a day off, that day is almost as yucky as the pre-MBC days.

Anyways, I am certain we are all different... that our body weights, ages, metabolism, etc means we all need to find the right doses and routines and I am still honing mine.

I still have to say though that there has been nothing like what this cheap, simple to make, formula I have ever tried as far as what this is doing for me.

How incredible is this? How could this not be known by so many others??

I can never thank you enough, Bob, for finding this and sharing it with us.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bob (18th March 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016), kanishk (19th March 2016), penn (1st April 2016)

8. Link to Post #86
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I did discover I can do too much... what I mean by this is that I find that when I do 2.75 ounces or so day after day, sometimes about a week or so of this level of daily dosage, I then have a night where I dream like crazy (all sorts of astral critters after me too) and that I then wake before I wish I would which then effects the next day. Yet I also found that when I take a day off, that day is almost as yucky as the pre-MBC days.

Anyways, I am certain we are all different... that our body weights, ages, metabolism, etc means we all need to find the right doses and routines and I am still honing mine.

I still have to say though that there has been nothing like what this cheap, simple to make, formula I have ever tried as far as what this is doing for me.

How incredible is this? How could this not be known by so many others??

I can never thank you enough, Bob, for finding this and sharing it with us.
    I had to do a lot of exercise yesterday in zero degrees F. I had anticipated the stressful exercise and about 2 hours before such consumed about 1 1/2 ounce of the Magnesium BiCarbonate in about 1/2 bottle of bottled water (pretty concentrated and it did taste great !)..

I was not winded, although I was exercising with high physical stress for a period of at least 1/2 hour continuously. I consider it pretty amazing. What was happening apparently is energy utilization, oxygen utilization, carbohydrate consumption was working fine - (firing on all cylinders so to speak)..

It really was a life saver in my opinion. I love this stuff !

9. Link to Post #87
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,533 times in 475 posts

I bought Magnesium Hydroxide powder and added rough amount without any calculation which is about half teaspoon to half liter of soda water. And drinking this solution with water..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

11. Link to Post #88
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kanishk (here)
    I bought Magnesium Hydroxide powder and added rough amount without any calculation which is about half teaspoon to half liter of soda water. And drinking this solution with water..
    I don't think that particular method would create complete bicarbonate conversion; as the carbonated seltzer water must be quickly placed into a totally sealed container with the magnesium hydroxide. And then one has to wait about 1-4 hours for the conversion to happen, for no residue to be left (with complete conversion).

The magnesium hydroxide has to be added to a chilled 1 litre bottle of seltzer water.. (400 mg of magnesium hydroxide per 5 mL is the typical concentration of over the counter Milk of Magnesia LIQUID). After it is added and then the bottle closed tightly, and then vigorously shaken at least 3 minutes, the solution appears milky. After 4 hours it will be clear with no residue. If there is residue, more carbon dioxide is needed.

I think you would be drinking magnesium hydroxide unconverted which could have laxative properties - see this page on the symptoms of magnesium hydroxide ingestion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_hydroxide

One wants to CONVERT the magnesium hydroxide into the Bicarbonate form.. That has a specific recipe to follow.

The recipe makes CONCENTRATE, which is then diluted with water. So one is NOT drinking a large amount of magnesium at any one time by using the dilutions that have been talked about in the thread.

There would be wrong products for the formula - (such as magnesium oxide, magnesium carbonate). Do not use either of those to match the proper recipe.

When the formula is followed the concentrate diluted into water will have a good taste which is recognizable.
    Last edited by Bob; 20th March 2016 at 02:00.

12. Link to Post #89
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Today itself I made another batch.

What I did is I chilled the 600 ml bottle in freezer overnight. After that I put it in upright position in fridge. Then after some time with care taken out the bottle so that its content will not shake. I took about one heaping teaspoon full of MgOH (Magnesium Hydroxide) ready to put inside the bottle quickly. Then I opened the lid of the bottle, this time there was no spillage, very few amount of gas bubbles formed as compared to the first time. Then I poured the MgOH powder as quickly as possible and put the lid on.

After putting the lid on I sharked the bottle for about one and a half minute. Then after five minute the bottle was shrunk. I sharked it again and put it in refrigerator. Now I see very very less amount of the powder at the bottom. Maybe its about 1/50 th or lesser of the MgOH amount that I put in.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bob (20th March 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

14. Link to Post #90
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    There would be wrong products for the formula - (such as magnesium oxide, magnesium carbonate). Do not use either of those to match the proper recipe.
    I already have Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide with me. I have ask the Chemical shop owner to get Magnesium Hydroxide, because it's not that common used chemicals. I took precaution whether the chemical I was buying is a good quality chemicals or not. Like looking at weather it is a reagent grade, laboratory grade or industrial grade. And looking weather its a EP,USP,IP or BP, which are different pharmacopeias of different countries. And then you also have to consider which brand of chemical you are buying like MERCK, THOMAS BAKER, BURGOYNE, etc.

15. Link to Post #91
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kanishk (here)
    I already have Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide with me. I have ask the Chemical shop owner to get Magnesium Hydroxide, because it's not that common used chemicals. I took precaution whether the chemical I was buying is a good quality chemicals or not. Like looking at weather it is a reagent grade, laboratory grade or industrial grade. And looking weather its a EP,USP,IP or BP, which are different pharmacopeias of different countries. And then you also have to consider which brand of chemical you are buying like MERCK, THOMAS BAKER, BURGOYNE, etc.
    Hi Kanishk - the carbonate and oxide versions of magnesium are definitely not used, and an earlier post talks about potential problems with oxides and stomach acid.

I looked up dry measure conversions: The hydroxide if in dry form, based on the recipe comes out to 3.6 grams (typical "Milk of Magnesia" is made with 400 milligrams of dry powder per 5 milliliters of pure water, so the recipe calls for 45 milliliters of "M.O.M." liquid. That then comes to 3.6 grams total dry magnesium hydroxide powder). Converting 3.6 grams of dry powder to a teaspoon measure (see http://www.convertunits.com/from/grams/to/teaspoons ) is about 3/4 of a teaspoon. So that would be the recipe's amount.

I am hoping that you did not freeze the seltzer bottle liquid with it being in the freezer. The recipe calls for normal refrigerator chilled, so that it remains liquid but very low refrigerator temperature which would keep it liquid form of seltzer.

As to reagent grades, I can't comment on what is considered safe for human consumption, if I recall my old chemistry days in School, they have a label on them that says "not for animal, human use", but for laboratory use only.. Not sure why if the substances are laboratory grade "guaranteed" to be ultra-pure unless it is some sort of licensing issue.

Curious why the over-the-counter Magnesium Hydroxide liquid called "Milk of Magnesia" is not available in various countries. A friend in Australia (Sydney area) reported it was not over-the-counter available for sales.

16. Link to Post #92
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you Bob, I wanted to search into how much amount of MgOH in powdered form would be needed. So just poured in just unmeasured amount. And some of that excess amount of Magnesium Hydroxide gets dissolved into the water and remaining says at the bottom.

So if there is a ample amount of CO2 present in the water all the MgOH will be utilized according to recipe. But if someone puts more amount of MgOH in recipe OR the Carbonated water spills and decreases in its CO2 while adding MOM.. then he might be consuming some amount of MgOH with Magnesium Bi Carbonate.

Although I put the Soda water in freezer it was not freezed, it was liquid.

There are only two brands of MOM in dispensaries, and it has Paraffin and flavors in it. The MOM content was also very less, 10% in one brand and 3% in another.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanishk For This Post:

Bob (21st March 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

18. Link to Post #93
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Excellent logic Kanishk I think to do the "check for residue" method to see how much Magnesium Hydroxide can be added to a given amount of CO2. We've seen the reports that some batches come out better than others, which I believe comes from different amounts of CO2 being present in the Seltzer bottle. I noticed the brand I use has an expiration date when after that it can be more "flat" (out of CO2) than when fresh. Adequate CO2 appears to be the key to good zero residue and maximum conversion, and a very cold MOM and very cold Seltzer appears to minimize the bubble-waste effect, and allowing enough "free head space gap" at the top of the bottle.

The paraffin is definitely something that they use for laxative properties and should not be used with making of the magnesium bicarbonate water concentrate

19. Link to Post #94
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Been using the magnesium bicarbonate regularly with the morning coffee - the taste is great (remember to let it cool a bit before adding it to the cup)..

Having gotten sprayed back in early April (black helicopter with a spray that smelled peppery and floral at the same time), came down with a flu (see the Prince has died thread for details), I noticed that my magnesium bicarbonate level increased by double.. the body needed extra magnesium bicarbonate to keep the mitochondria working at full speed.

So something to think about, if under the weather maybe boosting the magnesium bicarbonate will be helpful.. I certainly found it beneficial, and, I was able to beat back the pneumonia.. I did find it essential to have micro-amounts of ephedra (Breath Easy) to keep the bronchials clear and open.

(PS note for Paul I did increase my Vitamin C (in chelated form) to about 10 grams a day divided over 12 hours.. so the increase in Vitamin C in the chelated form was beneficial - however not taken at the same time as the magnesium bicarbonate.. )
    Last edited by Bob; 26th April 2016 at 01:00.

20. Link to Post #95
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Arthritis in the fingers and knuckles

Interesting, when I started using the PURE magnesium Bicarbonate water, all the aches and pains in the joints went away within a few days very rapidly. I had good range of motion again.

The Problem - The mistake I made: I changed the milk of magnesia BRAND to one made by Kroeger, which has CALCIUM added to it. So that brand is a combination of Magnesium plus Calcium, as we all "know" that magnesium and calcium supplements should be balanced.. So they say. (sarcastic..) Thinking that balanced cal/mag was good.. Not necessarily I found.

They also say we get TOO much calcium in our diet and too much calcium might very well "plate out" in our joints, and possibly could be leached out of our bones.. (link) "moans stones groans and bones" - the issues that crop-up.

I didn't think that I was getting too much calcium, but I continued to notice, the joint pain increased over time, starting to get back to levels PRE-magnesium bicarbonate use.. All it took was ONE week of increased calcium to trigger all the symptoms of hypercalcemia.

Hulda Clark - death certificate points out one of the causes being hyper-calcemia, excess calcium. Getting too much calcium apparently can raise the blood pressure, messing with kidney function, allowing for irregular heart beats, and of course those horrible pains.

AH HA! dots connected...

I had inadvertently ended up ingesting MORE calcium than my body needed, and it started to go back into the joints, in my case the knuckles, and the aches and pains and reduction of movement started to appear, slowly.. No doubt now looking in retrospect, it was messing with KIDNEY FUNCTION too.

SO.. what I did was to toss out the batch of magnesium-calcium bicarbonate made up by using the KROEGER Milk of Magnesia (which had the ADDED CALCIUM), and switched to GENERIC PLAIN PURE Milk of Magnesia WITHOUT ANY ADDITIVES, pure magnesium hydroxide was the active ingredient. (Not to slam Kroeger products, just that the excess CALCIUM was not appropriate for a PURE magnesium hydroxide product which is needed to make the magnesium Bicarbonate).

Voilà !!

The magnesium bicarbonate without the calcium restored perfect mobility for me, no more joint pain, swelling, and I feel active again.

The calcium besides apparently being plated into the joints also seemed to make me sedated, or lethargic.. So if feeling worn out for no reason see if there is excess calcium in the diet, or take a look at the supplements to see if they are "fortified" with calcium.. It's quite possible excess calcium and NOT enough proper magnesium (in the form of magnesium BI-Carbonate) is what is happening.

I made up the new bottle of Seltzer water PLUS the 3 tablespoons of PURE Magnesium Hydroxide (pure milk of magnesia NO additives), and after shaking the bottle for about 4 minutes I noticed it got a LOT colder than using the other brand of M.O.M. The other brand left the mix slightly cloudy with some "crystal formation" in the bottom of the bottle. I can only imagine what the calcium crystal formation would feel like, OH ! I did, like arthritis in the joints !!

additional link: http://www.mgwater.com/calmagab.shtml
    Last edited by Bob; 27th June 2016 at 15:56.

21. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

I had all my mercury fillings removed and went through a dextox afterward. After reading Dr. Tennant’s book healing is voltage, he explained how humic and fulvic are no longer in our soul. The humic and fulvic removes heavy metals from our bodies. Now I take a small amount daily as a supplement.
    http://senergy.us/raw-materials-detox-concentrate.html
    I was using sodium bicarbonate in my water after reading Dr. Mark Sircu’s s book about the benefits of alkaline water, but then I read what David Miller wrote:
    http://growyouthful.com/tips/alkaline-water.php
    about the problems he experienced with throwing off his stomach acid and developing GERD. The recipe notes not drinking much of the water with meals because of this. I have a soda stream and water distiller (I only drink distilled water) and would like to try this recipe. Magnesium bicarbonate makes the water alkaline. Is this the only water you drink or do you just supplement with it?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

Bob (24th June 2016), Chanlo23 (28th June 2016)

23. Link to Post #97
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Savannah = I supplement with it, usually in my morning Coffee (makes a fantastic flavor). The pure magnesium Bicarbonate seems best as I certainly don't need more sodium in my diet such as using "sodium bicarbonate". I prefer the fresh liquid made up with the Seltzer water (which provides the carbon-dioxide to convert the magnesium properly). The excess sodium worries me, as would excess calcium. Our water is relatively devoid of minerals, so I get the supplements for the minerals other ways. Paul has some very good mineral separate recipes which I think would be well worth looking at.

ZERO GERD with using this at 1 1/2 ounces per day. Some folks have noticed up to 2 1/2 ounces per day is good, and then may back down afterwards for a maintenance amount. I notice under extreme stress, or "leaky mercury", or doing stupid and having a mercury preserved vaccine, all up the requirement for more magnesium bicarbonate.

Dilution of the concentrate to the strength desired (I like 1 1/2 ounces or sometimes drop to 1 ounce per day if not stressed) and then the dilution ingested OVER TIME slowly seems best.

The dilution into one's drinking water bottle over the day is one suggestion, instead of shotgunning it all at once. I prefer it in my cool morning coffee, which takes me about 3 hours to finish so it is a slow intake.. Not finding a need for more during the day, except if I have to work strenuously outside during the day.

--Bob

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    I had all my mercury fillings removed and went through a dextox afterward. After reading Dr. Tennant’s book healing is voltage, he explained how humic and fulvic are no longer in our soul. The humic and fulvic removes heavy metals from our bodies. Now I take a small amount daily as a supplement.
    http://senergy.us/raw-materials-detox-concentrate.html
    I was using sodium bicarbonate in my water after reading Dr. Mark Sircu’s s book about the benefits of alkaline water, but then I read what David Miller wrote:
    http://growyouthful.com/tips/alkaline-water.php
    about the problems he experienced with throwing off his stomach acid and developing GERD.

The recipe notes not drinking much of the water with meals because of this.

I have a soda stream and water distiller (I only drink distilled water) and would like to try this recipe. Magnesium bicarbonate makes the water alkaline.

Is this the only water you drink or do you just supplement with it?
    Quote The humic and fulvic removes heavy metals from our bodies.
    re: humic and fulvic acid substances - the "healing waters" of Scotland (near Aberdeen) contain a lot of natural humic and fulvic acid substances. My understanding on how that works, is the water from rainfall passes through decaying leaves, moss, rich in humic and fulvic acid. The nature of the rock is to have HIGH chloride (chlorine ion) concentrations..

Whence the mixture matures by the time it reaches the "springs", it is high in converted fulvic/humic acid and has converted into a form of DCA (di-chloro-Acetate).

DCA has been known to facilitate HEALING through mitochondrial adjustment, stopping or diminishing radically tumor formation. So, it makes sense, that such substances can do great and wondrous things, seemingly "miraculous", but actually have a clear scientific background.
    Last edited by Bob; 24th June 2016 at 19:44.

24. Link to Post #98
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

For me it's been 7 months now of using the Magnesium BiCarbonate water, having tried different forms of the "Milk of Magnesia", having explored different brands of Seltzer water (Bubbling sparkling water containing Carbon Dioxide or CO2), different amounts of concentrate, looking at shelf life of the "concentrate", different techniques of making the Magnesium Bi-Carbonate (such as chilling), noting the effects of NOT taking (how long it takes to "crash" or go back to system deficiency reactions)..

I can say, I am impressed with the pure form, made freshly.

That which I have found to be essential is to use PURE Magnesium Hydroxide (milk of magnesia) for the magnesium. No adulteration, no substitution, no additives what-so-ever is important when doing the carbonation step. PURE SELTZER WATER, NO ADDITIVES... (please note that emphasis).

What I have found in preparation - The carbonation step should be done COLD, as cold as possible without freezing. Chill the milk of magnesia and the seltzer bottle overnight.

When making.. what I did was to pour out 2 ounces of the seltzer liquid into a chilled measuring cup to make room for the addition of the milk of magnesia to the MAIN 1 litre bottle. Next I added the 3 tablespoons of chilled milk of magnesia to the chilled 1 litre setlzer bottle, doing it quickly, and then adding back the previously poured out 2 ounces of seltzer that was removed to "make room".

Then closed the cap on the seltzer quickly, tightly, and then continued to shake shake shake shake for about 4 minutes or until the bottle became noticeably COLDER and started to cave in.

What I understand - The CO2 from the Seltzer is then being absorbed by the Magnesium Hydroxide and such is being converted to Magnesium Bi-Carbonate. And the liquid then starts to get clearer. At this point I put the bottle back in the refrigerator to sit. Almost ZERO residue on the bottle bottom will be the result after about 2 hours of sitting back in the refrigerator.

I've found that it can then be used, in DILUTED FORM. At first, I found that using 1 ounce of the concentrate for a starting trial seems to be good to see how I would sit with it. Up to 2 1/2 ounces (per day) of the concentrate appears to be maximum for me (a normal weight adult). The best dilution substance I've noticed seems to be pure water. I've also found that it works with coffee and tea as dilutants, provided that the dilutant isn't any hotter than about 122 degrees F when adding in the Magnesium Bi-Carbonate.

Adding to "acid like beverages" seems to break down the magnesium bicarbonate.

A Study - Possibly allowing the magnesium bi-carbonate to sublingually absorb under the tongue would be a good study. Magnesium BiCarbonate spray may be very useful for application to problem areas.

I've explored spraying the concentrate onto cuts and burns - I've noticed it appears to reduce pain and apparently the healing appears to speed up. (I think some type of additional antiseptic probably would be needed on wounds to help with preventing infection, but I believe that the magnesium ion and bicarbonate channel appears to be a facilitator of healing - how that exact mechanism may work is unknown at this time, but finding that out could result in a good study).

When I mistakenly used a milk of magnesia with CALCIUM added, probably having made Calcium-Bi-Carbonate, I believe that the addition of that calcium countered the apparent beneficial effects of the Magnesium Bi-Carbonate. (Arthritis symptoms started to appear with the excess CALCIUM as well as kidney issues, actual kidney pains were starting to appear). Temporarily stopping ingesting of the calcium substances for me during the episode and increasing (temporarily to 2 ounces per day for 2 days) the pure magnesium bi-carbonate alleviated all arthritis symptoms as well as kidney pain and normal kidney activity started back up.

I personally like this magnesium bi-carbonate. When in the summer, sweating profusely, we understand that a LOT of magnesium is lost. Supplementing with the magnesium bi-carbonate water then probably may be essential to keep the body functioning better. (Potassium and sodium is lost also during profuse sweating, so supplementing with the appropriate tissue salts is needed plus adequate water make-up). I am impressed, especially for me, the no joint pain, and alertness improvement, and extra "strength", not feeling "toxic" are keys to me.

EQUATE Brand 26 fluid ounces PURE
    UPC:681131699938
    EAN-13:0681131699938
    or 681131-699938
    or 81131699938 or 8113169993
    Model #: SKU:

READ the OTHER ingredients, sodium hypochlorite (a chlorinating preservative) is the ONLY inactive ingredient - what impressed me was that I needed to watch out for that HIDDEN CALCIUM ! (and fully read the label on the back of the Magnesium Hydroxide (Milk of Magnesia) bottle.)

READ the back LABEL: (although this back label below is for GeriCare brand, this matches similarly the brand I have made under the Equate label.)

NOTE - I have noted during internet searches on different brands, that CERTAIN VENDORS using the EQUATE LABEL MAY ADD CALCIUM AND OTHER substances or ADULTERANTS ! I think CAUTION is in order - reading the back label makes a LOT of sense.

---> ALSO I noted that it was important to check the STRENGTH of the magnesium hydroxide PER 15 milliliters - the strength being used says 1200 mg per 15 ml.

I believe that a LESSER strength amount will not put adequate magnesium hydroxide in the 1 litre seltzer bottle for creating maximum saturation of the final concentrated liquid.

For me looking for purity, being aware of the additives sticks in my mind: (that was the mistake I made when I didn't pay attention to the "Calcium" added) - the "wrong milk of magnesia" for the magnesium bicarbonate recipe might have a label with wording which may look similar to this:

Last edited by Bob; 28th June 2016 at 04:40. Reason: added barcode

25. Link to Post #99
    United States Avalon Member Chanlo23's Avatar
    Thanks

... I can say, I am impressed with the pure form, made freshly. ...
    For me looking for purity, being aware of the additives sticks in my mind: (that was the mistake I made when I didn't pay attention to the "Calcium" added) - the "wrong milk of magnesia" for the magnesium bicarbonate recipe

I would just like to confirm the necessity to read both the front and back labels of both the MOM and the WATER! Although I had made an effort to purchase products that stated on the FRONT label 100% magnesium hydroxide milk of magnesia and 100% non-flavored carbonated water with no flavorings, I was not experiencing the gains reported by other folks I knew who were testing this. (I had noticed modest improvements sufficient to continue the protocol.) Yesterday, I read the BACK labels and the fine print regarding inactive ingredients and 'other information' of both water and mom.

The 'other information' on the back label of the 100% magnesium hydroxide milk of magnesia I had purchased as a generic HEB brand stated that each tablespoon contained 20 mg of calcium. The 'inactive ingredients' of the 100% pure water I had purchased indicated it contained 2% calcium. That neither manufacturer understood this meant the ingredients of both products represented a sum > 100% totally explains my lesser results. Argh...
    Last edited by Chanlo23; 28th June 2016 at 18:03.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Chanlo23 For This Post:

Bob (28th June 2016)

27. Link to Post #100
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Chanlo23 - that calcium plus the other additives definitely cuts back on the magnesium effectiveness. I wonder when manufacturers started adding "HIDDEN" calcium to the magnesium hydroxide milk of magnesia product? As I said, I found the generic Equate product by some stores had hidden calcium added..

If calcium toxicity is being hidden in so many items (this "fortifying step") I just wonder if it is part of some campaign to try to harm healthful "solutions"... and/or facilitate heart problems, hardened arteries, kidney problems, high blood pressure, arthritis symptoms, and who knows what else "hypercalcemia" type of reactions may happen..

As far as I personally can determine the magnesium bicarbonate appears to be the "antidote" to systemic calcium poisoning. That's my guess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast