+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

1. Link to Post #141
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

A friend of mine started on the Magnesium Bicarbonate this last week (3 days total), and was /is using 2 ounces of the concentrate described in this thread a day - his weight is about 215 pounds and he is about 60 years old.

What I noticed is he could work almost straight for 18 hours physically (!!) and hardly get tired. He commented that he felt HOTTER while working (more utilization of sugars/protein) and continually had strength until he started saying his lower back muscles were just too tired after 18 hours of (normally back breaking) lifting and stress.

I noticed he seemed "redder" in color while working out. We were digging trenches of all things at about 9000 foot altitude.. It was amazing to watch..

Also, I noticed his cognizant ability (smarts) was really improved, as well as his sense of humor and "sharpness" to be able to pick up subtle details.. He is normally a bit dyslexic but I noticed hardly any such symptoms.. He's been using the Magnesium Bicarbonate for 3 days so far.. quite amazing !! He's suffered from "blankness" periods, and dyslexia all his life.. Wouldn't it be neat if that went away too ??
    Last edited by Bob; 19th September 2017 at 23:44.

2. Link to Post #142
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

It wouldn't surprise me if dyslexia came from heavy metal poisoning. Keep going Bob.. the health Renaissance is here.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

avid (20th September 2017), Bob (20th September 2017), fourty-two (20th September 2017), Ol' Roy (21st September 2017)

4. Link to Post #143
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    It wouldn't surprise me if dyslexia came from heavy metal poisoning. Keep going Bob.. the health Renaissance is here.
    That certainly is a good conjecture, the heavy metal poisoning. He grew up primarily in Iowa on a farm, and then moved to NY city, where no doubt there was a LOT of heavy metal in the plumbing systems out there.. (see https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/28/n...ead-water.html) - historically many of the pipes were bound together using LEAD based soldered...

Quote On Friday, the new results were released, and they paint a starkly different picture: This time, 8 percent of outlets had lead levels above 15 parts per billion. And the vast majority of school buildings — 83 percent — had at least one outlet with a lead level above the threshold. The city had previously said that two-thirds of its roughly 1,500 school buildings had no outlets above the 15 parts per billion threshold. Flushing cleans most soluble lead and lead particles out of the pipes and thus reduces lead levels temporarily.

Two schools in Queens were among the worst for the number of outlets involved. (NY Times article source)
    see also - http://www.ourtownny.com/local-news/...city-schools/2

I have absolutely no doubt lead exposure happened. I grew up on Long Island, and had lead exposure, and it is no fun de-toxing.. My friend grew up in Iowa, and NY City.. years and years of exposure to not only the pesticides on the farm, but the lead in the water.. The change in the last 3 days has been amazing..

Quote Lead in water was common in city schools

Department of Education testing showed that drinking water in a number of Upper East Side schools, including P.S. 6, The Lillie Devereaux Blake School, contained lead at concentrations many times greater than state-mandated action levels for the toxic metal during the last school year.

The New York City DOE completed lead testing on drinking and cooking water outlets in every public school in the city during the 2016-2017 school year. Results showed that 83 percent of school buildings had at least one water sample with lead levels above the action level of 15 parts per billion. Elevated lead levels were found in roughly 8 percent of all samples. After testing, the DOE sent letters notifying parents and staff of their individual school’s results. Results for each building were made available on schools’ individual websites, but a single, comprehensive database of results for each outlet tested in every school was not made available by the DOE until recently, following a freedom of information law request filed by Straus News.

The DOE’s remediation protocol calls for outlets with elevated lead results to be immediately removed from service and replaced. Outlets are not returned to service until follow-up testing shows that lead levels are below the 15 ppb action level.

“Many of the elevated water samples came from fixtures that are not typically used for drinking, including bathrooms, slop sinks, and laboratories,” read one DOE letter to parents and staff. Faucet-level test results, however, show that elevated samples were found in drinking fountains at many schools.

At P.S. 6, The Lillie Devereaux Blake School, an elementary school on East 81st Street that serves children in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade, one classroom drinking fountain had results of 3,268.2 ppb, more than 200 times greater than the 15 ppb action level. Nine other samples taken at the school, all from cold water faucets, also had elevated lead levels.

Three of the 20 samples with elevated lead levels found at the East 100th Street building that houses M.S. 224, the Manhattan East School for Arts & Academics, came from drinking fountains, including one outdoor bubbler with results of 470 ppb. Eighteen percent of samples taken at the building were elevated, one of the highest ratios of any school in the neighborhood.

A higher proportion of elevated results in a given building did not necessarily correlate with higher lead levels in the school’s individual water outlets. For example, only two of the 176 samples tested at P.S. 87 William Sherman on the Upper West Side turned up elevated results, but one was a cold water faucet in a first floor classroom with test results of 1,191 ppb, nearly 80 times greater than the action level.

Other Upper East Side schools that had drinking fountains with elevated results include P.S. 169 Robert F. Kennedy on East 88th Street, which had four, and the Julia Richman Education Complex on East 67th Street, which had one.

DOE Deputy Chancellor Elizabeth A. Rose wrote in an April 2017 letter to families and staff that the department’s testing “demonstrates that we do not have any systemic issues with water in our school buildings and our remediation protocol is effective.” Lead poisoning rates among New York City children have declined in recent years, and according to the DOE there has never been a known case of lead poisoning due to water in city schools.

The DOE has said that elevated lead levels found during testing are not necessarily reflective of actual lead levels students and staff are likely to encounter during the day, as testing was performed on water that had sat in pipes overnight. The DOE says that lead levels drop sharply after faucets are first used each day and stagnant water is cleared from the pipes.

Lead enters drinking water primarily through the corrosion of lead plumbing materials, which are now banned but were once widely used. For adults, exposure to lead over time can result in a number of harmful effects, including increased risk of high blood pressure and kidney disease. Young children, who absorb ingested lead at a higher rate than adults, are particularly susceptible to harmful effects of lead exposure, which can have permanent negative impacts on the development of the brain and nervous system.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emphasizes that there is no safe level of lead exposure.
    I recall Mom and Dad saying LET the water run for a few minutes before drinking it, and absolutely DO NOT drink water from the hot water faucet.. I'm beginning to understand why.

Absolutely great dot connecting Daozen ! Thanks !!
    Last edited by Bob; 20th September 2017 at 04:26.

5. Link to Post #144
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I've been adding Taurine now to my regular diet, and using the Magnesium BiCarbonate concentrate in morning lukewarm coffee.. I've started trying some GluTamine (500 mg) for overall digestive system rebuilding. All three are quite amazing.. Any irritable bowel syndrome and/or digestive issues seem to be clearing up. It may be useful to separate the timing of the 3 supplements throughout the day - not quite yet exploring that method.. We have a separate thread up on the Taurine. May start a separate thread on the Glutamine - (note Glutamine is DIFFERENT than Glu-cos-amine)
    Last edited by Bob; 10th February 2018 at 21:51.

6. Link to Post #145
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,716 times in 2,660 posts

No, please keep the interactions related and not in separate threads at the moment, due to folk like me starting on the Taurine reactions. It’s important to keep it all together initially, thanks Bob. Then we will feel supported. One thing at a time.
    Last edited by avid; 10th February 2018 at 22:34. Reason: W
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bob (10th February 2018), Elixir (2nd October 2018)

8. Link to Post #146
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    No, please keep the interactions related and not in separate threads at the moment, due to folk like me starting on the Taurine reactions. It’s important to keep it all together initially, thanks Bob. Then we will feel supported. One thing at a time.
    I could keep the Taurine thread the most active, although, the Glutamine is essential when rebuilding muscles, intestinal tissue, nerves.. Magnesium Bicarbonate is very essential in the energy utilization and respiration - all 3 are then part of cellular energy, cleansing, rebuilding and repairing, and proper life system maintenance.. (Glutamine is NOT GLU-Ta-Mate..) So during a critical emergency room case that could be quite toxic and systems shutting down left and right, glutamine and magnesium bicarbonate it seems to me should be essential components for stabilization, then probably getting in the taurine to help with the detoxing and repairs..

9. Link to Post #147
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,716 times in 2,660 posts

Now it’s getting difficult for me Bob, I’ve already imparted my intake to you, but to do even more additional stuff in this transitional period is going to be difficult, and challenging. I appreciate the help, but to be ‘hauled up’ a health precipice is quite daunting, especially when one has noone to pick up the pieces if it all goes ‘pear-shaped’! I really don’t want to scare my neighbours if I mess up! Gently does it, and although I appreciate you are a stoical challenger of all things, please give advice if there should be any contra-indications. You have a great heart, and thanks for all you do.
    I’m just doing one thing at a time, taurine.
    Last edited by avid; 10th February 2018 at 23:07.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bob (10th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #148
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Absolutely one thing at a time, minimal amount possible, note any changes for the better or worse, and then have the ability to back off if anything goes awry or move more forward if something goes better, until the correct level is found. That's what we did in the Magnesium Bicarbonate thread here, to find out what the best way was to make the best substance, then how to take JUST the right amount based on body necessity, or environmental conditions.

Don't stress it. The Taurine seems best for dealing with Fluoride and other toxicity. One step at a time. Gentle gentle.

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    Now it’s getting difficult for me Bob, I’ve already imparted my intake to you, but to do even more additional stuff in this transitional period is going to be difficult, and challenging. I appreciate the help, but to be ‘hauled up’ a health precipice is quite daunting, especially when one has noone to pick up the pieces if it all goes ‘pear-shaped’! I really don’t want to scare my neighbours if I mess up! Gently does it, and although I appreciate you are a stoical challenger of all things, please give advice if there should be any contra-indications. You have a great heart, and thanks for all you do.

I’m just doing one thing at a time, taurine.

12. Link to Post #149
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,396 posts

Well I've just discovered the EU banned Milk of Magnesia back in 2013. I had no idea of this until I searched Amazon.co.uk for one of my regular purchases only to discover there were zero result. I guess they were given some timescale to get rid of stock etc. and I'll go out on a limb and suggest that timescale was 5 years. But its gone now and I don't know what I can do about it.

Can anyone think of some sort of alternate way to get the magnesium into my diet that won't cost the earth too?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bob (5th March 2018), Hervé (5th March 2018), Jean-Marie (5th March 2018)

14. Link to Post #150
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Ewan - Paul in post https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1154364 had a link to Magnesium hydrozide powder. https://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplemen...00GUOWENQ?th=1

Interesting. Friends in Australia reported a similar shortage.. Biggest issue so far is purity of the Magnesium Hydroxide .. must not have flavorings, or oil additives, nor calcium..

15. Link to Post #151
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,396 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Hi Ewan - Paul in post https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1154364 had a link to Magnesium hydrozide powder. https://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplemen...00GUOWENQ?th=1

Interesting. Friends in Australia reported a similar shortage.. Biggest issue so far is purity of the Magnesium Hydroxide .. must not have flavorings, or oil additives, nor calcium..
    Cheers Bob. A quick search of UK Amazon reveals only 2 products, one claims to be 100% pure, the other also contains maize starch. The downside is it is only available in 150g amounts at approx twice the cost of USA prices. I'll give it a go in place of the liquid but perhaps the local chemist could buy larger qauntities if I asked.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bob (5th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (5th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #152
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The dry powder could be used with the values Paul found thereby not needing to make liquid mag hydroxide.

Quote Each teaspoon of "BulkSupplements(tm)" Pure Magnesium Hydroxide Powder has 4146 mg of magnesium hydroxide.

So to get 3600 mg of magnesium hydroxide using the powder, one would use 3600/4146 of a teaspoon, which is about 7/8 of one teaspoon of the powder (a little more than 3/4 of a tsp, or a little less than an entire tsp).
    The above should work in that ratio to a 1 litre bottle of pure seltzer.

18. Link to Post #153
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    The dry powder could be used with the values Paul found thereby not needing to make liquid mag hydroxide.

Quote Each teaspoon of "BulkSupplements(tm)" Pure Magnesium Hydroxide Powder has 4146 mg of magnesium hydroxide.

So to get 3600 mg of magnesium hydroxide using the powder, one would use 3600/4146 of a teaspoon, which is about 7/8 of one teaspoon of the powder (a little more than 3/4 of a tsp, or a little less than an entire tsp).
    The above should work in that ratio to a 1 litre bottle of pure seltzer.
    https://www.amazon.com/BulkSupplemen...00GUOWENQ?th=1

Folks have been saying this brand of powder works well with the seltzer to create the Magnesium BiCarbonate - "Bulk Supplements Brand"

19. Link to Post #154
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Magnesium BiCarbonate Water - a guide to make

I've been using the magnesium bicarbonate concentrate now since the start of this thread and there are continual benefits

For me no charliehorse muscle cramps

Better stamina

No "calcium toxicity" adverse effects noted (see thread in health and wellness)

More overall energy

Better mental clarity

More stable heart rate

----------------------

Fresh concentrate still seems best, if there is any crystallization in the bottom of your 1litre pure seltzer bottle, either the water was not pure, or not enough CO2 gas, or too much magnesium hydroxide, or magnesium hydroxide contaminated with some additional substance such as calcium (check the label of ingredients.. No calcium in the ingredients).

20. Link to Post #155
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Magnesium is needed to transform and transport different kinds of vitamin D.
    There is no proper calcium transport into the bones, when magnesium is missing.

Two interesting cases and a medical source are described in my post in the calcium thread.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Bob (2nd October 2018), norman (2nd October 2018)

22. Link to Post #156
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I find that any Calcium that my body seems to require comes from the foods eaten, and there is no reason to supplement with Calcium in any other form with a normal healthy diet.

23. Link to Post #157
    United States Avalon Member Saracatt's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Bob. I’ve been taking about 2oz daily of the concentrate with great results. I am still confused about how much magnesium is in a dose.
    How much is in an ounce of he concentrate, and how much is in a liter made per the instructions with 3tbls MOM?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Saracatt For This Post:

Bob (12th October 2018)

25. Link to Post #158
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,612 times in 21,525 posts

Quote Posted by Saracatt (here)
    Hi Bob. I’ve been taking about 2oz daily of the concentrate with great results. I am still confused about how much magnesium is in a dose.
    How much is in an ounce of he concentrate, and how much is in a liter made per the instructions with 3tbls MOM?
    By my calculations, 3 TBS of Milk of Magnesia (MOM) is equivalent to 7/8 tsp of Magnesium Hydroxide (a stable white powder), which is equivalent to 3627 mg of Magnesium Hydroxide, Mg(OH)2, which contains 1450 mg of elemental magnesium.

I have started making my Magnesium BiCarbonate Water using 7/8 tsp of Magnesium Hydroxide powder rather than 3 TBS of Milk of Magnesia (MOM) liquid. I obtain Magnesium Hydroxide from BulkSupplements.com. It's easier and cheaper to ship and store in this powder form, than in the MOM liquid form, and seems to work just as well for the purpose of making Magnesium BiCarbonate Water.

(Well, actually, I am using 1 tsp of Magnesium Hydroxide powder, which is slightly more than 7/8 tsp, but easier to measure, and still seems to dissolve just fine in the soda water.)
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th October 2018 at 21:30.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (12th October 2018), JRS (12th October 2018), Saracatt (11th October 2018)

27. Link to Post #159
    United States Avalon Member Saracatt's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, Paul.

I may try the powder.

So then a 2oz serving of concentrate is slightly less than 100mg of Magnesium. Is that correct?

But since it is absorbed so much better, it is actually like taking more than the standard dose you get in pill form.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saracatt For This Post:

Bob (12th October 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th October 2018)

29. Link to Post #160
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,612 times in 21,525 posts

Quote Posted by Saracatt (here)
    So then a 2oz serving of concentrate is slightly less than 100mg of Magnesium. Is that correct?
    Yes - that's correct.

I take magnesium in several forms ... chocolate being perhaps my favorite .

So I don't measure the dose carefully in mg/day.

Rather I have an old wound in my right leg with a muscle that starts to twitch if I get low on magnesium. Then I slobber on some magnesium chloride (dissolved in water, rather like salt water) on my skin. This form of magnesium intake is called "transdermal magnesium", referring to the fact that the magnesium in this solution is easily absorbed through (trans) the skin (dermal). That quickly boosts my magnesium levels back up to where the muscle stops twitching. Then I say a little thanks to the Gods that it was a (small, long ago scarred) leg muscle, not a heart muscle, that was just twitching.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 11th October 2018 at 22:29.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (12th October 2018), Saracatt (12th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 8 9 LastLast