Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6

Thread: Banning a thread

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

Default Re: Banning a thread

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    There are no bars here, and we have zero intention to make it so!
    Of course there are no bars here. There is no here here either.

Yet......HERE I go again.....

Quote Goin' down the only road I've ever known
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
    'Cause I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams
    No Fear

I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Jake (25th November 2015), joeecho (26th November 2015), raregem (26th November 2015), Skyhaven (25th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #102
    Thanks

A ban is like a wall and an absolute ban is like a wall that stretches in all directions to infinity.

There is great interest in a ban. Why? Because maybe just maybe behind said ban could very well be the key that unlocks one thousand doors.

Have you already been on that other side and found but a lump of coal? Maybe it looked too crude to you to be a key, maybe all it needed was to be cleaned up and polished.

Keys easily found unlock fewer doors.

Settle for limitations and limitations will settle you.

<3
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

DarMar (25th November 2015), joeecho (26th November 2015), Skyhaven (25th November 2015), terragunn (6th December 2015)

5. Link to Post #103
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Quote Posted by breal (here)
    well...here is another idea...

Maybe we could draw up a blueprint for what a "true" community could potentially look like for us on PA, now and in the future?

If we all would really want that of course

Posted by Sierra (here)

Hmmm... I think some of us want a true community, but imposition of "trueness" from an outside source tends to distort individual "trueness".

And the arguments about what would be defined as truth.

I tend to think our own energy, our frequency, is what attracts us to individuals to which we can form community with comfort and happiness.

Just my .02
    Just be.

Keep in mind that others are be-ing as well.

Ideally we can all be together.

Commun-ity.
    Last edited by Violet; 25th November 2015 at 09:54. Reason: quotes added

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Constance (26th November 2015), joeecho (26th November 2015), Skyhaven (25th November 2015), ZooLife (25th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #104
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Sigh,,,, as well,,, when you point a finger at someone, you have 3 pointing back at yourself...

discuss what you want to!

Some things, maybe discuss elsewhere... There are no bars here, and we have zero intention to make it so! Closing a usuless discussion is part of the ebb and flow of a discussion forum! If you want to beat a dead horse, by all means,, theres other discussion forums.. We dont care one hoot about moderating them!

If we were the cencors you kind folks are accusing us of, this post would not be required because your posts would have been censored... seeing that they are not cencored, yet still insisting that we are censoring you is a bit childish, no offense...

its a bit like the kid in class who says "why", and when you answer he says "why",,, and when you answer he says "why",,, now everyone else thinks it is funny and worthwhile. The kid doesn't even care WHY!! He just wants to be a distraction...... looky there the bell rang and we never even started the lesson...

Which was this kids point!

Jake
    And in the mean time all the adults wished they could live like children again... Be more free, and open minded, not bound by a tight web of rights and wrongs, rules and regulations, norms and values, live their natural state again. So I am really glad to be on the side of the child, and not on the side of the adults, you are right, this is where this whole impulse to rebel comes from, the inner child...

Circumstances do not really matter, it is the state of mind that matters.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 25th November 2015 at 11:02.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

joeecho (26th November 2015), raregem (26th November 2015), ZooLife (25th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #105
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

And Jake, don't take it too serious, because it's all play for us children.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

Jake (25th November 2015), joeecho (26th November 2015), raregem (26th November 2015), ZooLife (25th November 2015)

11. Link to Post #106
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Quote Posted by breal (here)
    well...here is another idea...

Maybe we could draw up a blueprint for what a "true" community could potentially look like for us on PA, now and in the future?

If we all would really want that of course

Posted by Sierra (here)

Hmmm... I think some of us want a true community, but imposition of "trueness" from an outside source tends to distort individual "trueness".

And the arguments about what would be defined as truth.

I tend to think our own energy, our frequency, is what attracts us to individuals to which we can form community with comfort and happiness.

Just my .02
    Just be.

Keep in mind that others are be-ing as well.

Ideally we can all be together.

Commun-ity.
    Each buzz in the bee hive matters or no buzz in the bee hive matters and if no buzz in the bee hive matters then neither does the hive.

That may appear contra intuitive, after all what is one bee in a hive matter?

The question drowns out in the busy buzz of the bee hive... We have honey to attend to little bee.

Buzz Buzz Buzz
    Last edited by ZooLife; 25th November 2015 at 12:28.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Constance (26th November 2015), joeecho (26th November 2015), Shannon (25th November 2015), Skyhaven (25th November 2015), Violet (25th November 2015)

13. Link to Post #107
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Today I am thankful for a FLAT table in which the feast is placed. If it were round or vertical then it would all slide off.

14. Link to Post #108
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,402 times in 32,917 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)

So, until I feel more comfortable perceiving Avalon as a full community, I am not going to be a full community member in the sense you are describing it. I am sticking with the perception of Avalon being a source of great content and nice people.
    Yes, I understand! But you may be missing out on a LOT that it seems you may not know is here, available to everyone.

Many threads are nothing at all about information. The examples below make up the HEART of a true community.

In fact, the quality is far higher than many actual real-world communities out there. In many real-world 'communities', people still feel lonely, misunderstood and isolated. True community is far better understood by traditional societies, and villages that existed hundreds of years ago (and, in some places, still do).
    • AngelEyes' desperate plea for help and support, here (which was answered by MANY members sharing experiences and advice of their own):
      Cutting/ Self-harm
    And MANY, MANY, MANY others. Here are just a few from the last 24 hours alone:
    I could extend the list literally for pages! But you may understand my point. Of course, it's all a massive buffet of all kinds of wonderful things (shared and contributed by wonderful people).... and one can pick and choose each day. or each visit, according to one's mood, personality or needs. The only point I'm making here is that to regard Avalon as a source of hard information only may be really quite limiting.

An interesting discussion!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Billy (17th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), edina (16th July 2019), Le Chat (16th July 2019), Matthew (16th July 2019), Rosemarie (16th July 2019), Yoda (16th July 2019)

16. Link to Post #109
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

I wasn't around when this was happening.

And I never gave much energy to the whole "Flat Earth" issue in general.

The issue of banning that thread v the Q thread is similar and yet, different.

I love the last post that links in all the other very interesting conversations going on at the time in Avalon.

But, I'm not sure conflating the Q thread with Flat Earth is fair, or accurate.

Just in case, this was meant to associate the two.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

17. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,402 times in 32,917 posts

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    I love the last post that links in all the other very interesting conversations going on at the time in Avalon.

No it wasn't. I actually found the thread (again) entirely by accident, when I was looking for something I'd written — the An experience that changed my life andA day in the mountains: a tale of forgiveness threads. (Both highly recommended. Please do read.)

Then I remembered that this was another time when I'd posted, in some detail, how very eclectic and interesting all of Avalon is, and that (bringing this to the present) the 'Q' issue is only a tiny and relatively unimportant corner of that very large world.

That's compared with the well-described, important and profound personal experiences of many members (there are countless other examples) that offer real and substantial opportunity for learning, growth and reflection.

In my personal opinion, political discussion offers none of that, and while dramatic and sometimes addictive, is relatively shallow in personal terms. And the spiritual component is exactly zero.

That's why to so many people, it just doesn't feel good, and they just avoid it all.

~~~

(And three clarifications!)
    1. This discussion 'Banning a thread' was started by another member (none of the mods) who questioned the closing of a Flat Earth thread in 2015. 'Banning' was their term. (You can see how emotional these things get!) We just never got round to changing it to be more accurate.
    2. Closing a thread is different from moving it to the members-only section.
    3. You brought up 'Q' (again) — not me.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th July 2019 at 13:38.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (16th July 2019), Billy (17th July 2019), Constance (16th July 2019), edina (16th July 2019), Yoda (16th July 2019)

19. Link to Post #111
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by edina (here)

No it wasn't. I actually found the thread (again) entirely by accident, when I was looking for something I'd written — the An experience that changed my life andA day in the mountains: a tale of forgiveness threads. (Both highly recommended. Please do read.)

Then I remembered that this was another time when I'd posted, in some detail, how very eclectic and interesting all of Avalon is, and that (bringing this to the present) the 'Q' issue is only a tiny and relatively unimportant corner of that very large world.

That's compared with the well-described, important and profound personal experiences of many members (there are countless other examples) that offer real and substantial opportunity for learning, growth and reflection.

In my personal opinion, political discussion offers none of that, and while dramatic and sometimes addictive, is relatively shallow in personal terms. And the spiritual component is exactly zero.

That's why to so many people, it just doesn't feel good, and they just avoid it all.

~~~

(And three clarifications!)
    1. This discussion 'Banning a thread' was started by another member (none of the mods) who questioned the closing of a Flat Earth thread in 2015. 'Banning' was their term. (You can see how emotional these things get!) We just never got round to changing it to be more accurate.
    2. Closing a thread is different from moving it to the members-only section.
    3. You brought up 'Q' (again) — not me.
    Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 6