+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Consciousness the Unified Field?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

Lightbulb Is Consciousness the Unified Field?

Is Consciousness the Unified Field ? A Field Theorist's Perspective (John Hagelin) (40 mins)

Link : Science And Nonduality (2011)

John Hagelin, Director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy Director of the Board of Advisors for the David Lynch Foundation

Progress in theoretical physics during the past decade has led to a progressively more unified understanding of the laws of nature, culminating in the recent discovery of completely unified field theories based on the superstring. These theories identify a single universal, unified field at the basis of all forms and phenomena in the universe. At the same time, cutting-edge research in the field of neuroscience has revealed the existence of a unified field of consciousness‚ a fourth major state of human consciousness, which is physiologically and subjectively distinct from waking, dreaming and deep sleep. In this meditative state, the threefold structure of waking experience‚ the observer, the observed and the process of observation‚ are united in one indivisible wholeness of pure consciousness.

These parallel discoveries of a unified field of physics and a unified field of consciousness raise fundamental questions concerning the relationship between the two. We present compelling theoretical and experimental evidence that the unified field of physics and the unified field of consciousness are identical‚ i.e. that during the meditative state, human awareness directly experiences the unified field at the foundation of the universe.

We show that the proposed identity between consciousness and the unified field may indeed be required to account for experimentally observed field effects of consciousness. We present the findings of a National Demonstration Project‚ the largest controlled sociological experiment in history‚ in which 4,000 advanced meditators markedly reduced violent crime in Washington, DC. We briefly explore the practical applications of proven meditative procedures for developing total brain functioning, higher states of consciousness‚ preventing social conflict and promoting peace on a national and global scale.

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

Where Science meets Spirituality (again) !!! Oh, I'll bet you didn't know we are all so at-one-with-everything eh ?

[But especially when we each have Brain Coherence]

Quote : ... one universal reality, one ocean of existence whose various vibrational tones (like a guitar string) are what we used to think of, we used to call the electron and the quark and the photon and the graviton so we're living in a world really not of particles ... we're living in a symphony in a sense, different fundamentals and harmonics of this ocean of existence, ocean of intelligence that give the appearance of a material universe ...

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

- Video References -
    The Telegraph (Nov 2009) : Meditation 'cuts risk of heart attack by half'
    EurekAlert (Dec 2008) : Transcendental Meditation reduces ADHD symptoms among students
    Last edited by Clear Light; 26th November 2015 at 22:06. Reason: Link + Quote + References

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

betoobig (26th November 2015), Blacklight43 (26th November 2015), Cara (27th November 2015), cuitlahuac (7th January 2016), gaiagirl (27th November 2015), Gardener (26th November 2015), greybeard (26th November 2015), kirolak (27th November 2015), meeradas (27th November 2015), sigma6 (27th November 2015), Skyhaven (26th November 2015), sunshaker (27th November 2015), take (26th November 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: Is Consciousness the Unified Field?

essentially without this understanding mankind is nothing more than an animal (just as the secret society elites would like us to live... thus why they claim we are cattle or sheep... without spiritual enlightenment we serve no other purpose but to be farmed for their benefit...

We are mistaking the vessel for the operator... imagine how the rest of the intelligent sentient universe must look down on us... like new born infants that can barely control their own bowel movements or limbs... we have barely scratched the surface of our own human consciousness... too obsessed with a physical body that barely lasts a hundred years... a planet of 6 billion spiritually retarded infants... no wonder the population gets wiped out every several thousand years or so... we may not be the population to ascend after all... (it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes...)
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Clear Light (27th November 2015), cuitlahuac (7th January 2016), greybeard (27th November 2015), kirolak (27th November 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,304 times in 950 posts

It's kind of exciting in a way, I reckon, because on the one hand it seems like the human race is doomed but on the other hand we may just be approaching some kind of reality shift in terms of Consciousness and that is what is now being played out on the global stage ... who knows eh ? But don't get fooled by appearances ... what's within is incomparable to what's without !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear Light For This Post:

sigma6 (27th November 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Eckhart Tolle is adamant that consciousness is rising because thats what the totality wants and that we are on the verge of a massive step forward in the evolution of mankind.
    c
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Clear Light (27th November 2015), sigma6 (27th November 2015), Wind (28th November 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Eckhart Tolle is adamant that consciousness is rising because that's what the totality wants and that we are on the verge of a massive step forward in the evolution of mankind.
    c
    lets hope so, according to David R Hawkins, author of "Power vs Force", https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...avid+R+Hawkins in his rather complex "scale" of human consciousness, (that goes from 0-1000) we are just under the necessary "200" marker, this is a logarithmic scale if I understand it correctly and where most people average a 100 to 200, but people like Jesus were over 900 (maybe Jesus was 1000 according to him, I forgot, as he mentioned other highly spiritual historical figures and many well known geniuses, true philanthropists, etc)

In any event... if and when we hit 200 it will be similar to a kind of "singularity" according to him, i.e. it should create a global shift in consciousness... and yes, apparently we are very close... but who knows what hangs in the balance? There is a war going on... Yes, I believe ultimately that Good will ALWAYS overcome evil... It is the nature of the universe that this would be such... The question remains if this will be in our time... I think it is ego-centric to necessarily think so.

I have watched people spend their entire lives misinterpreting the wisdom of ancient texts... waiting for their "free ticket" waiting... waiting... I can now see the folly of this self assured "all knowing" (this is not how faith operates exactly imo... close but it is more then just thinking you picked the right religion, or that you are living the "right lifestyle" and feeling justified or "secure", being self righteous to the point of smugness (the irony is palpable)

Which way will the "straw that breaks the camel's back" fall? (in this generation) Will it be a "single step process"? (I am beginning to highly doubt this...) and even more ironically, the ultimate interpretation from myriad sources, has always told us, that technically, (or should I say fundamentally and spiritually?) ALL this fate is really in our own hands...

Just judging from what I see and read... this is far, far, far away from the reality that most people experience right now... thus the 'farting burping (puking) babies' analogy... like a comedian once said... babies are like little drunks... (is a cute way of putting it...)

despite our technological gains... we are moral, psychological, and spiritual infants in too many ways... this may be the reason we are constantly admonished by many sources (of higher wisdom) that "Humility" is required... and why "Grace" is our only salvation... (because it is the closest to the truth of our situation perhaps?)

Consider how these traits would benefit children. Surely we can all agree on that! (LoL) We can perhaps gain a better perspective looking at it from a less ego-centric point of view in this way... One can see why there is truth and wisdom in it... Ergo, in the cosmic scheme of things... we are barely "children" in the same need of the same humility and grace...

We can't technologically "invent" our way out of moral chaos... We can't "institute" a technological infra structure to replace individual moral responsibility... as alluring as that must be for the elite controllers... Eventually we must take off the training wheels remove the helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and other safety gear some overly politically correct, well meaning (but misguided) parents have insulated their children in, we must be allowed to stand on our own two feet, suffer the occasional scrape (learn and grow) and eventually operate independently... sooner or later...

This is also how I see the existing matrix of "government and social control" what others call the "legal" system... is exactly set up this way... You get to take off the "training wheels" and "padding"... when you have finally "come of age" (age of majority is not necessarily a physical age) The exercise of your inalienable rights has to be done solely by you, for the most part... It has to come with insight, knowledge and understanding... there is a reference about "putting away the things of childhood"... thus the physical growth cycle is a metaphor for the spiritual growth cycle... i.e. is a separate process and no guarantee of its counterpart necessarily... (why it can be applied metaphorically in many cases...) And maybe all the turmoil we see is a "sign" i.e. some use the analogy of "teenagers" at the door step of adult hood... and so on... so yes... these may all be signs of our "awakening"...

"the answer" has always lain within... not without... and everyone reading this can personally testify where they are personally in coming close to achieving this... should give us all pause to consider...

that said... (now that you got me thinking about this topic.... ; D IF... (the big if...) and when this "event" occurs... there is another possibility... that there may be other external variables that might help us get there... i.e. I really don't see us pulling ourselves up by our own bootstraps... but there could be external influences... which again we have been told something to this effect as well... And that is not to say we should sit on our hands waiting either... There is plenty we can do in anticipation of this event... I do believe if and when something like this occurs, that some will make it and some won't And it may have to do with the condition of our state of consciousness, the state of our minds (and hearts) since all these things ARE tied to resonance! (now my mind is racing again...)

This galactic cycle, energy thing we are supposed to be moving into... as an example, (or possible place marker)... I could see that as a real possibility... and it would also explain why the ancients were able to write "prophetic" texts... if only because they knew how to calculate these cycles... and again the ancient texts would suggest they could...

I can't deny it's nice to think on a cosmic scale... it is certainly one characteristic that sets us apart... ; ) (for better or for worse...)
    Last edited by sigma6; 27th November 2015 at 22:24.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Clear Light (27th November 2015), greybeard (27th November 2015), kirolak (27th November 2015)

+ Reply to Thread