+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mars mining facility found?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 times in 309 posts

Default Re: Mars mining facility found?

more images

just a rock /earth moving machine or beetle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (22nd December 2015)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Link to mars orbiter image that you can zoom in and see these structures for yourself.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/170592/snapshots/440742

Here is another image taken from the gigapan this structure is at the top of the main image .

enhanced version.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

3(C)+me (28th December 2015), Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), Shannon (1st January 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Another machanical loader/beetle ?

mining spoil heaps are clearly visable in the left/hand corner ,as the operation progressed more spoil heaps were added as this image quite clearly shows.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), Shannon (1st January 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Hangar facility carved into the mountain on Mars

Last edited by iceni tribe; 23rd December 2015 at 00:00.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (23rd December 2015)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

In this image the rock carved entrance way can be seen as in the utube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8QNrpWVm0w

but what has been overlooked is the ongoing construction of a dome to the right. The two horizontal lateral supports one on the top and the other halfway down seem to tie in with the vertical supports, which would make perfect sense if you were constructing a space to then cover with a membrane.

To support this theory you only have to zoom around the main image and it becomes clear that is exactly what is happening, it also appears to have been used across some of the mine shafts also.
    Here.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (27th December 2015)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Overlooking this industrial site appears to be a lookout post or defensive position.

or I have a severe case of Pareidolia .lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (27th December 2015)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

No...no case of pariedolia, no worries there. The architecture in these images are profoundly "resident alien", their signature can be found in many regions in the northern hemisphere especially.

However, the one real problem with the MOC images is of course, resolution quality so frankly, this hinders research to the degree that makes any real identification limited at best.

The MRO images on the other hand, is a different matter entirely and suggest taking a look at this orbiter's results in greater depth. However, this is not a simple process as the image files available from HiRISE in Arizona are huge .jpeg2000 files which are notoriously difficult to open and manipulate. They are also on average, around 1 gig of data per image!

But the quality and depth of resolution is well worth it! So, I was going to do this some time back, but now is seems a good time to describe how to view these files...if anyone is interested.

So let's begin. Here then, is a screenshot of a typical HiRISE image page:
    http://www.uahirise.org/ESP_043428_1730

The red rectangle shows the file download you'll need and in this case, the image is 808.2MB.

Once you have downloaded the file, you will need software to open, view AND manipulate the file and in this case, there is only one program I have found that works "effectively" which is Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com/ It's free, open source and has absolutely NO junk along with it...whatsoever.

Now, because the HiRISE image file is a .jpeg2000 or JP2 file for short, you will need to download a plugin from Irfanview what updates the application to open this file type - no big deal and loads easily - http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Install the entire - "The current Plugins version is: 4.41" into the "plugins" folder in the Irfanview application. There are several usable and handy plugin's, one of which is the .JP2 plugin.

Once installed, open the Jpg2000 file (this can take several minuets so be patient), Once the image file appears, then save the file to an uncompressed .tif image immediately. The .tif image will then open in seconds as opposed to the ultra slow .JP2 without any data loss.

You are now ready to navigate, zoom and investigate using Irfanview - Welcome to MARS in HI DEFINITION!

To zoom in, create a "rectangular boundary" using left mouse button, then click "inside" the rectangle to zoom. Navigate by using the right mouse button...by holding it down and dragging the image - easy!

Here's an example of a beautiful alien anomaly I found at the very bottom of this 1.6gig image taken on Dec 28, 2008 along the southwest plains of Melas Chasma. The Melas region has a high density of "resident" life and suggest "close evaluation" of the entire Marsscape, Here alone, there are many bizarre architectural designs - scaling is critical so take time to adjust one's eyesight to the enormity of the regions.

Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 28th December 2015 at 17:20.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

Atlas (28th December 2015), Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), iceni tribe (27th December 2015)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Thanks for your help especially with this image,

I have put the same information on another forum and I am being …………….well you can imagine, and on here you can hear a pin drop.
    It’s absolutely fascinating I’ve also shared this with some well-known shall we say faces and not even a cheers I will look into it from them, just silence and it’s nearly been a month.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), KiwiElf (28th December 2015), Shannon (1st January 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Yes understand, the silence is deafening. This subject of "evidence on Mars" has significant teeth. Unlike UFO encounters and fuzzy images or personal or hearsay "close encounters", the high resolution images of the Martian surface is far more damming and has the potential to open the flood gates on the reality of the extra terrestrial question. TPTB are keenly aware of this and intimidate discussion forums which exhibit images gained via FOIA advances and thus, are targeted profusely by despicable trollage. The question for me is, does that intimidation exist on PA? Hmmm....So far, so good.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

3(C)+me (28th December 2015), Citizen No2 (18th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), iceni tribe (1st January 2016), KiwiElf (28th December 2015), Shannon (1st January 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Hi Albion-3D
    I have been a member here for ……….good grief, 6 years and there is no intimidation here, and it’s superbly moderated, so no worries there.

The misinterpretation of images especially compressed satellite images is now the accusation over on another forum………..fair enough ,it’s been nearly a month and finally a decent argument, well apparently the image MOC: M18005582 should be viewed inverted as south is up in my image and as it was originally taken .
    This can alter your perception of the area and there has been a lot of high fives congratulating the poster for debunking this nonsense.

image. CTX P03_002417_1829_XI_02N019W

As for finding a topography map of the Aram Chaos crater to prove the case one way or another, proved a fruitless search[as expected]so I’ve turned to google mars ground view and depth charged the area taking measurements so to speak.

The numbers represent metres BELOW sea level ,so the higher the number the deeper below sea level.

Going into mars ground view it becomes quite apparent that the image that I have presented is the correct orientation and the anomaly does indeed nestle half way up an incline overlooking a huge “basin” type area. The distance between the anomaly and the alleged mine shaft is just over 1 mile away with a drop of 150m and would be an idea spot for an observation/command post.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (8th January 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

What is or was being mined in this area is another question ? and i think the answer is Hematite.

Aram Chaos Sediments

Quote Aram Chaos appears to be a former impact crater. The terrain is disrupted, giving it a chaotic appearance (hence the name "chaos"). Scientists have postulated that a lake may have once existed inside the crater and sediments were laid down within the lake.

The mineral hematite (rich in iron) has been detected by orbiting spacecraft within Aram Chaos. Hematite has been identified in several other locations on Mars, including at the Mars Exploration Rover landing site in Meridiani Planum. The hematite at both Meridiani and Aram Chaos most likely formed by precipitation in water.
    source
    http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/PSP_002839_1825

Hematite-rich regions on Mars

https://planetarygeomorphology.wordp...gions-on-mars/

A quick read through the above article and it would appear that there are only a handful of areas on Mars that has concentrations of this mineral and the artilcle also shows this image.

The centre image is Aram Chaos

This image shows the location of the satalite image that i am using MOC: M18005582

tes thermal enertia image.

Is it a Coincidence that these anomalies are here? And the Mars Rover is allegedly snooping around the other site with the concentration of Hematite.
    Last edited by iceni tribe; 1st January 2016 at 12:51.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (1st January 2016), Shannon (1st January 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Images from sol 953.

http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/...3&camera=MAST_

images taken from Mastcam: Right 2015-04-12 12:31:01 UTC

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Citizen No2 (18th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (1st January 2016), mountain_jim (16th January 2016), Shannon (1st January 2016)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Great Post iceni. Hope you don't mind me playing around with these images just a bit but thought I could improve a tad especially in the "true color" realm. Normally, I don't like to "enhance" images as the jpeg artifacts can get a bit "blocky" which can mislead the image to create geometric lines and falsify the pixels but in this case, there is definitely some very large geometric constructs evident - most interesting!

Sectioned.

Greyscale enhanced.

Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 2nd January 2016 at 06:19.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

Citizen No2 (18th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), iceni tribe (4th January 2016)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Hi Albion -3D
    You have done a fantastic job with those images, and if you don’t mind I have saved those for a bit of fun on another forum. Can I ask which software you’ve used to make that annoying grid disappear?

This image is another that needs a closer look without the grid overlay and could possibly be the other end of the infrastructure that can be seen along the bottom of Mt Sharp.

http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/...C00_DXXX&s=953

sol 953 images
    http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?s=#/?slide=953

while I was searching around for better images I noticed that sol 953 is sometimes missing from the data banks for instance you can go into the gigapan versions of the Nasa images on google mars but not for these sets of images and sometimes Nasa quite clearly hides anomalies behind bogus sand dunes, I will post some proof of this later.
    Back to Aran Chaos where the orbiter apparently flew over the “observation post” three times over a 18month period capturing the anomaly and its surrounding area. In all these images.

MOC:M0403228 1999-08-26T02:00:03.87 august 26th 1999

MOC: M18005582 2000-08-09T10:19:22.49 august 9th 2000

MOC: E0101132 2001-02-17T13:42:25.11 February 17th 2001

This area certainly caught someone’s attention.

I’ve had a response with this.

Quote Here's the view looking straight down on the scene. North is up, and I've added an arrow pointing to your "anomaly." Note that I've zoomed in to a 2x enlargement, so that each pixel in the image is 6.25 meters. The native resolution of the image is 12.5 m/pixel.
    HRSC Image 0945_0000 Nadir Imager Resolution = 12.5 m/pixel

And here's a color overlay of elevation data derived from the stereo imager:

HRSC Image 0945_0000 Nadir Imager Resolution = 12.5 m/pixel Elevation Data = 75 m/pixel

Quote You should be able to see from these images that your "anomaly" lies at the bottom of the valley on ground that is gently sloping at about 10 degrees as it flattens out onto the valley floor. The hill immediately to the south rises about 300 meters with a maximum slope of about 25 degrees.
    My response is that the images show that the anomaly sits at -2835m and 200m either side is either red or blue in the colour chart meaning quite a substantial drop over a relatively short distance.

The anomaly sits 55m above a pin mark 2891 which is 330m away, then the landscape slopes down 6 to 8 miles further depending if you go northeast reaching a depth of 3160m or southeast at a depth of 3360m.
    The height difference of 55m is the equivalent to standing on a 16 to 18 story building so you would have quite a view looking out over 10 miles, unless anyone here can see any errors I think I have that one covered.

Aram Chaos is a goldmine ..........well for evidence and i haven't had the time to scan the other images yet.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (4th January 2016)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Again, a great well defined post Iceni. The software I use is Irfanview and has many features usable in surface analysis - highly recommended. Leaves all other imaging software behind IMO. Also, the price is right! http://www.irfanview.com/

Looking at these Curiosity images, a couple of things to keep in mind. Firstly, when NASA states; "Full Resolution" this does not mean "High definition" and is misleading. Of course they have ultra high resolution images of both the two Mastcam cameras and the two Navcam cameras - but unfortunately, we just don't get to see those - pissa! So the images are highly compressed .Jpeg's which are riddled with .Jpeg artifact compression pixels.

Still, the images which can really be useful, are the "LEFT AND RIGHT" Navcam images, when they decide to upload them and that is not always the case, again, another pissa!

The Navcam images are "stereo images" and although they rarely post the Navcam images in "actual" anaglyph mode, as long as the post both left and right, it's quite easy to produce a reasonable 3D anaglyph (as I 've done below) which....makes ALL the difference when evaluating these geometric anomalies. Unfortunately, the Sol 953 images were only the Mastcam images, so no stereo anaglyphs could be produced.

Here's a random example of two Navcam images taken on Sol 952 just to show what can be done. If we had the Navcam images of Sol 953, we would be handing out the cigars all round!
    http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/...M00293M_&s=952

Left hand Navcam image in 2D

3D anaglyph using both left and right Navcam images.

Now with the 3D software, we can "clip" a distant area and "reset" the red/cyan field for a "near field" 3D close up whereby maintaining the "3D effect" as seen below.

Of course, the image above is quite poor resolution but when you apply the same technique to stereo images captured by the MRO, (below) you can get really "up front and personal" and discover some incredible alien artwork that will blow your socks off!

This image is captured from a region in Hebes Chasma and just like region seen in MOC: M1800558, the terrain is full on alien construct and design.

If you look real carefully "into" this image below, you will see some truly amazing alien structures which the human eye has never seen before. It may take some time to "take this in" but will assure you, it will knock you off your feet! Btw, this is the first time I have shown this image in a public forum....but I think the time has come.

Location of the above image in Hebes Chasma:

HiRISE catalog page: http://www.uahirise.org/ESP_013772_1795

Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 5th January 2016 at 00:39.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), iceni tribe (6th January 2016)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Albion-3D
    that’s a superb image, and thanks for sharing ,as a construction worker for over 30 years I can quite clearly see an intelligently designed structure featuring buttress walls and arches on a scale that takes my breath away ,the builders certainly didn't have any vertigo either.
    Also a thankyou for these images as it helps locate the anomaly quite clearly.

Here is a recent update from the maker of the OP video and the finder of the Anomaly. Bret Colin Sheppard.
    Mars Orbiter Anomaly No 1 UPDATE

screenshots

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (10th January 2016)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Here is the full gigapan of MOC M1800558 by Neville Thompson you can zoom in on all the anomalies posted so far in this thread and find lots more.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/170592/snapshots/437384

link to full gigapan of sol 953 as with the anomaly posted in this thread.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/182078

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), M-Albion-3D (16th January 2016)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by iceni tribe (here)
    Here is the full gigapan of MOC M1800558 by Neville Thompson you can zoom in on all the anomalies posted so far in this thread and find lots more.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/170592/snapshots/437384

link to full gigapan of sol 953 as with the anomaly posted in this thread.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/182078

Very nice panoramic of this region taken Sol 953 albeit overly red saturated. Looking a little closer I zoomed in. Hmmm, not sure what this is. Could be a reflection or a camera anomaly but I don't think so as there are some intriguing cave like entrances along the rock strata there. The vid below zooms in to where this "light" is located in the image file.

Video
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--...ew?usp=sharing

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017), iceni tribe (20th January 2016)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Nothing to see here ……move along !

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceni tribe For This Post:

fourty-two (4th July 2017), Foxie Loxie (4th July 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2