+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Direction to Youtube channel/Website or... for how to help others Awaken?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Question Direction to Youtube channel/Website or... for how to help others Awaken?

Hi,
    I am caught in the middle, as I assume many are, between awareness of what's going on in our world and family/friends who do not. Wondering how to approach subjects with rationality and common sense, not coming across as a flake or "conspiracy nut"..

Some would say to just leave the friends and family out of it, but, it's important to wake as many people up as possible, and I find my position to be an interesting place, one I take seriously, as I was once unaware and slowly found my way.

Any advice or direction with this?
    "Stop acting so Small, You are the Universe in Ecstatic Motion."
    ~Rumi

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Songmuze For This Post:

Cara (5th December 2015), Deega (7th December 2015), eagle0027 (5th December 2015), ghostrider (5th December 2015), Jantje (5th December 2015), M-Albion-3D (13th December 2015), mojo (5th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Direction to Youtube channel/Website or... for how to help others Awaken?

We've all been in your shoes on this one. It is hard to know what tone of voice, manner and ease of conversation you may have by just reading your post. I think alot has to do with presentation. Are you preachy, uncertain, dogmatic in voice tone?
    I ask myself if it is worth the rancor that this subject matter can stir up to place interpersonal relationships in jeopardy? My final position was to be truthful when people inquired with the common phrase, "How are you?" If that day I was questioning a topic in my mind, I'd answer with sharing my topic with them and asking them if they had ever had the same thought. I tried debating with folks and this never worked. It helps if the people you want to hear your opinions have a good opinion of you. These topics can truly bring into question how much we love one another. Can we stand the heat and the loss?????

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moekatz For This Post:

Cara (5th December 2015), eagle0027 (5th December 2015), Jantje (5th December 2015), Lifebringer (4th December 2015), mojo (5th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (4th December 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Direction to Youtube channel/Website or... for how to help others Awaken?

I can get heated in debates.. but, not preachy - a lot of the time i just don't say anything. I like the "how was your day?" and going from there! easy-peasy (maybe)
    ~Rumi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Songmuze For This Post:

mojo (5th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Trust your instincts song.We obviously dont want to alienate our loved ones but on the other hand one can generally get basic points across or ways of thinking in a manner that helps to let in that sliver of light of awakening in others.I feel that on some level we all know whats going on so all one is doing is helping another remember.
    I know a few people who live a very spiritual way that havent come close to the depths of digging i have that i am sure in their own way are contributing to human growth as much as anyone in just their way of living and inherent knowing.
    When I started digging deep back some 30+ years ago it would have been far easier and more acceped of friends and family to have told them i was using hard drugs than how i thought and percieved reality.
    It can actually get quite lonely at times as friends and family go by the wayside.
    I wish you much wellbeing...you have let the genie out of the bottle LOL and there is no going back...as much as at times i think it would be easier to be a sheeple.My first wife thought i was nuts...a recent girlfriend thought i should use care in what i said around her friends as they would probably think i was from another planet.I am sure most on this site have been in your shoes.

Be well Eagle

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eagle0027 For This Post:

Cara (5th December 2015), Elisheva (5th December 2015), Jantje (5th December 2015), mojo (5th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (7th December 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ALLiTiZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah it's really tough to wake up those close to you. For people I think might be interested in alternative information I like recommend the Disclosure Project. That really woke me up from my nap. Of course there's always the wonderful Project Camelot interviews to get the juices flowing. I also recommend Alan Watts to everyone.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ALLiTiZ For This Post:

Cara (5th December 2015), eagle0027 (5th December 2015), fourty-two (5th December 2015), Jantje (5th December 2015), mojo (5th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (7th December 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Netherlands Avalon Member Jantje's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,279 times in 181 posts

Telling people what to think does not work. You want to ask questions so people will start thinking for themselves. get them to the point of questioning. some just don't want to wake up no matter what though

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jantje For This Post:

eagle0027 (5th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (7th December 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 times in 876 posts

We have a tendency to recruit with marketing techniques of the old religious paradigm. As so many posters here have said here, it doesn't work with family. Better to be like some Indian guru and let others come to you because they sense the changes in you and are curious.

Sixty years ago, my maternal grandfather spoke to me in a way I didn't understand but the tone reach me and planted a seed that has grown for many years within my heart. I am only now at a conscious level beginning to appreciate that one discussion with him.

Just plant the seeds and don't look for results or confirmation of your contribution. Just stay focused on your own spiritual growth.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (7th December 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

the secret is to let them come to their own conclusions , present it in a way that they swerve into the truth , coming from their thinking they are open to it , coming from someone else it puts them in a place of less than in their mind ... the battle is with the ego ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Linderlou (7th December 2015), quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (7th December 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 139,010 times in 21,568 posts

Quote Posted by grannyfranny100 (here)
    Just plant the seeds and don't look for results or confirmation of your contribution.
    Yup .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

quiltinggrandma (6th December 2015), Songmuze (7th December 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Very thoughtful replies! I guess I will continue as I have, and not worry about how or when or what or who! Will check out Project Camelot too - always love Alan Watts and just started on the Disclosure Project!

Thanks!!
    ~Rumi

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Hi Songmuze, I remember years back, I was against any such thing as spiritual. And, at one point in my life, my wife went to a Seminar in Sophrology for a weekend. When she came back, I was having questions, trying contradicting her, and, at one point, she told me why don't you go at the next Seminar coming. Since I had questions, I thought to myself, Yes!, maybe I should try, and it was the beginning of a search for the truth, never ending, and I like it very much. But, I was 45 at the time, the beginning of spiritual awareness, so I guess I was somehow lucky!

But the point is, I wasn't opened, wasn't prepared, and I would argue because I felt that I had the answers to all that I needed at the time. I was insecured as your family members are, their security was tied in their protected cocoon. And the only way you may have them get out of it is by they be exposed by a stranger to the world that you like to be in, then, they may do the step forward.

Best of luck with this challenging task!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Cara (8th December 2015), Songmuze (9th December 2015)

+ Reply to Thread