Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: the AirForce program of Re-Entry Vehicles

1. Link to Post #21
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: the AirForce program of Re-Entry Vehicles

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Here's a side note after seeing the photo of the imaging above. Have you ever wondered why we haven't seen photos of Hubble imaging the moon or earth? The absence of evidence is in itself evidence of how detailed they must be to stay secret.
    Do you know of anyone who would be in the same altitude as the Hubble to take pictures? The earliest time that happened was when a corrective optics had to be added..

The optics were corrected to their intended quality by a servicing mission in 1993. So any other mission to Hubble was to deal with upgrading electronics, assorted packages, and so forth.. The thread really shouldn't go off on discussing Hubble, as that really has nothing to do with the RE-ENTRY vehicles as deployed and maintained by the air force..

===============
    Four subsequent Space Shuttle missions repaired, upgraded, and replaced systems on the telescope. A fifth mission was canceled on safety grounds following the Columbia disaster. However, after spirited public discussion, NASA administrator Mike Griffin approved one final servicing mission, completed in 2009. The telescope is still operating as of 2015, and may last until 2030–2040. Those interested can look at:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_Space_Telescope

There are notes that that "anyone can apply for time on the telescope, public included".. as to the cost?? so there is an open policy on the data apparently.
    Last edited by Bob; 9th December 2015 at 18:39.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    This is an interesting view of the various former "spy satellites" of the past.. Film has been replaced with fully digital sensors these days, and the spy satellite continue with even more data gathering ability..

This one below is not designed to return to earth film packages, requiring "re-entry" vehicles but it is here to show some more modern evolution from the re-entry method to the digital age:

And none of the above have 'Crew-Cabin-Windows

The so called 'mokup' looks like it has at least 2 version/types of windows in the upper sectional length? why is that?
    It really dose look like a habitable craft?

Sidney, very intresting indeed?
    B
    Quote ack in 06 that exact yellow craft hovered silently over my next door neighbors and my back yard for over five minutes. I wrote about it in my journal as being totally non aerodynamic in appearance and looked much like a yellow submarine. Windows and all. So, satellite my eye. Shocking to see a photograph of it. Here. I had gone inside to get my camera, when I returned, it was gone. This was mid day on a Saturday. It was barely 500 feet off the ground if that, probably more like 200 feet.
    P
    Quote Well I'm telling you it has multiple uses, I know what I saw. It had a huge impact on me back then and told very few people about it. It was that exact craft sitting stationary. Very strange.
    Any sound to it?
    Other witnesses?

Hovering, as in 'Anti-Gravity'?
    No sound, complete silence and it was very close. I was out raking leaves, my neighbors were not home at the time. And it was hovering, then moved super slow. It was a cloudless sky, and I had gone inside for literally no more than 30 -45 seconds as my digital camera was on my desk just inside the door. When I came back it was gone, and nowhere to be seen within my view, no highrises or any buildings of that nature. To note, I had experienced many instances of other high strangeness during that period, night time sightings and some other stuff. And yes, why put windows in an unmanned satellite????

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Star Tsar (9th December 2015), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2015)

4. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Hi again Bob.
    my first reply/observation relating to your post wasn't meant to derail your op, sorry.

But that first "Satellite" image dose still look like a man-able craft!

Nothing about it looks like it has been portaly covered with pespex for display reasons o.0

Here relating to the 'Hexagon' sattalite:

Un-maned version

man-able version !

So the bottom image relate directly to the OP as it must have a Re-Entry capsule.

How many other man-able things floating, moving around up there ?

Good OP Bob lots of info to look through
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bob (9th December 2015), Star Tsar (9th December 2015)

6. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Hi again Bob.
    my first reply/observation relating to your post wasn't meant to derail your op, sorry.

But that first "Satellite" image dose still look like a man-able craft!

Nothing about it looks like it has been portaly covered with pespex for display reasons o.0

Here relating to the 'Hexagon' sattalite:

Un-maned version

man-able version !

So the bottom image relate directly to the OP as it must have a Re-Entry capsule.

How many other man-able things floating, moving around up there ?

Good OP Bob lots of info to look through
    I've replied on your new thread, discussing possibilities. The Hexagon series was not about sustaining humans, the "windows" are ONLY there in the museum to keep people from tossing their junk into the vehicle. The re-entry vehicles were only large enough to take FILM back to earth, and did not have life support for humans.

As to images of something that looked like Hexagon floating before Sydney, that I answered in your new thread too.. Great spot over there in that thread to continue that discussion.

This thread is about the re-entry vehicles that were started by the US AF..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2