+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Muslim Majority City Council FORCES US Citizens To Obey Sharia Law

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Muslim Majority City Council FORCES US Citizens To Obey Sharia Law

I have to admit, if this is accurate, this would definitely freak me out... as an American living in Michigan... your worst nightmares come true... thank you Obama... so if you are not going to abide by even the most basic Christian principles, because you want to to hide behind a pseudo science (like evolution) or because you associate philosophy and spiritual principles with Man Made Institutions like the Satanic pedophilic syndicated crime racket called the Vatican and other equally financially motivated institutions...

You will end up getting another "philosophy" (which is what all "religions" are ultimately... ) imposed on you sooner or later, one way or another... and the truth is, man "cannot live on bread alone" (i.e. because he needs something, anything... even if it's Tony Robbins, you need a set of values to operate if you want to call yourself a card carry member of humanity (wake up people) thus the wisdom of this adage...

This vacuum of lack of moral foundation which is missing from so many people's lives is begging to be filled by "Self Help" Gurus, money making evangelicals, esoteric sects, mind control cults, etc... it's human nature to understand there is something greater then yourself in this universe and to seek it out... (just deal with it...)

But if you should choose to deny this fundamental principle of life... then guess what... you are creating your own karma... Someone else will do it for you... others will not tolerate living with morally bankrupted, lost souls, living in a state of tranquilized anxiety and fear to the point of dysfunctional and sociopathic behaviour (for lack of higher principles and moral guidance) regardless how "exceptional" they may consider themselves... (wake up america... and the rest the world)

Muslim-Majority City Council FORCES U.S. Citizens To Obey Sharia Law

http://www.proudcons.com/muslim-majo...ey-sharia-law/
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd March 2019), BMJ (25th March 2019), DNA (22nd March 2019), Ecnal61 (16th December 2015), Foxie Loxie (16th December 2015), Joao (16th December 2015), justntime2learn (16th December 2015), mojo (17th December 2015), Nasu (16th December 2015), OBwan (16th December 2015), Richard S. (16th December 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Default Re: Muslim Majority City Council FORCES US Citizens To Obey Sharia Law

Oh my, if it ever comes to my neighbourhook, mosque screaming their prayers at all hours of the day, and worst, the sharia law, i will definitely become a very active activist.

And, some of my actual neighbours are Muslims, but not of that kind, luckily.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), DNA (22nd March 2019), Nasu (16th December 2015), sigma6 (16th December 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

Oh brother. Much ado about nothing. "proudcons.com" looks like the e-version of the Bill O'Reilly show, a bunch of alarmist crap.

Majority rules. If the people of that town elected Muslims as the majority, whose fault is that?

Of course, the unsuspecting residents had no idea that “Islamic center” means “mosque” in politically correct lingo.
    SO???????????? Ever think to LOOK IT UP????? What do they think happens at a "Christian Center" -- strippers and shooters?

The next step for the Sharia council was to ban local businesses from selling alcohol within 500 feet of a mosque.
    Where I live, the same rule holds true for churches and schools. Again: SO??????????????????????????????????

Residents are complaining that the new Islamic center’s call to prayer is blasting them awake at 6 a.m. every morning.
    Does the town not have noise ordinances? These type things are normally handled in city council meetings. So this town is Muslim majority. Well, guess what? Welcome to the USA! That's the way towns conduct business. If you don't like the majority, vote 'em out or move.

Carol Marsh also insists that adhan is well above the appropriate and legal noise level, but her biggest concern is that the council deceived the city into believing the building was not going to be used for religious purposes. “We were lied to,” she said. “We were told it would never be turned into a mosque.”
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! freedictionary definition: Islamic Center: A building used as a place of Muslim worship. [French mosquée, from Old French mousquaie, from Old Italian moschea, from moscheta, from Old Spanish] Who would've thought an Islamic Center would be a mosque?? LOL.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

animovado (17th December 2015), BMJ (25th March 2019), Cara (16th December 2015), Ellisa (17th December 2015), ichingcarpenter (21st March 2019), Mercedes (16th December 2015), MorningFox (16th December 2015), mosquito (16th December 2015), Nasu (16th December 2015), Rocky_Shorz (16th December 2015), sigma6 (16th December 2015), sijohn (16th December 2015), Tangri (16th December 2015), tgn333 (16th December 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jake gittes (here)
    Oh brother. Much ado about nothing. "proudcons.com" looks like the e-version of the Bill O'Reilly show, a bunch of alarmist crap.

Majority rules. If the people of that town elected Muslims as the majority, whose fault is that?

Of course, the unsuspecting residents had no idea that “Islamic center” means “mosque” in politically correct lingo.
    SO???????????? Ever think to LOOK IT UP????? What do they think happens at a "Christian Center" -- strippers and shooters?

The next step for the Sharia council was to ban local businesses from selling alcohol within 500 feet of a mosque.
    Where I live, the same rule holds true for churches and schools. Again: SO??????????????????????????????????

Residents are complaining that the new Islamic center’s call to prayer is blasting them awake at 6 a.m. every morning.
    Does the town not have noise ordinances? These type things are normally handled in city council meetings. So this town is Muslim majority. Well, guess what? Welcome to the USA! That's the way towns conduct business. If you don't like the majority, vote 'em out or move.

Carol Marsh also insists that adhan is well above the appropriate and legal noise level, but her biggest concern is that the council deceived the city into believing the building was not going to be used for religious purposes. “We were lied to,” she said. “We were told it would never be turned into a mosque.”
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! freedictionary definition: Islamic Center: A building used as a place of Muslim worship. [French mosquée, from Old French mousquaie, from Old Italian moschea, from moscheta, from Old Spanish] Who would've thought an Islamic Center would be a mosque?? LOL.
    Well, the Jamaican population has a high number of Islamic brothers. Although a different kind of Islam than the traditional Middle Eastern.

ANd, i must add, i do not know any Jamaican woman who would ever tolerate Sharia law, Muslim or not. They would boot their man asses.

So, no way you can understand how difficult it is to live around hyper religious people, be Muslim, Orthodox Jews, Evangelists, name it. But when they blast you with morning praying you do not care about and when they change your laws based on culture and constitution, there is a major problem.

Oh, in USA, a center, whichever kind of center, shopping center, welfare center, study center, is define as an activity center, not as a prayer Church or mosque.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), Nasu (16th December 2015), sigma6 (16th December 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    Jamaica Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 times in 444 posts

First, I don't live in Jamaica. Second, I haven't read anything that says everyone in Hamtramck will suddenly have to live by Sharia Law. As I recall, people in the U.S.A. are allowed to practice whatever religion they want.

I'll grant you the noise at 6 a.m. would be a problem. That should be settled by the enforcing the town's noise ordinances. If they don't have any, they need to adapt some. Town meetings are usually where these are discussed. Again, if majority wins, the other 60 percent of the population needs to show up on election day and make changes instead of whining about the minority being the majority on their local board.

Alcohol sales law exceptions, as exceptions to most new laws, allow existing exceptions to be grandfathered in: that is, those already selling should be permitted to continue doing so; new businesses can't. That's standard stuff. Not selling within 500 feet of the mosque is the same as not selling within 500 feet of a church or school. Seems fair to me.

Sorry, but IMO the "proudcons" article is sensationalistic garbage, similar to the fear-mongering conducted by (of course) CNN:

From Detroit Free Press:
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...slim/76303850/

Hamtramck Mayor Karen Majewski's Monday appearance on CNN is getting attention after some controversial questions from the cable network's anchor Carol Costello.

The interview started awkwardly, with Costello incorrectly pronouncing Majewski's last name, followed by a quick correction from the mayor.

Costello apologized and went on to say that Hamtramck is America's first majority-Muslim city and asked, "Are you afraid?"

Majewski replied, "No, I’m not afraid. And actually, I’d like to make another correction. We have, as of our last election, which was a couple weeks ago, elected a Muslim-majority council. Whether the demographics of the city would say we’re a Muslim-majority city, I don’t think that we’re there yet. I think we’re probably somewhere in the 40% Muslim for the city overall. But our city council that will take office in January will be a majority-Muslim council."

Early this month, Hamtramck made history by becoming the first city in the U.S. to have a Muslim majority on its City Council.

Since the interview, Costello has come under fire for her question, which some consider offensive and Islamaphobic.

But Majewski's response isn't sitting well with some, either.

An article on Gawker.com suggests that Majewski's only decent response to Costello's question should have been: "No, because there’s nothing to be afraid of. If anything I am afraid for them because of people like you asking questions like that."

Costello followed up by asking if the residents of Hamtramck are concerned about a majority-Muslim council.

Majewski explained that her constituents are more concerned about fixing the roads and streetlights than nationwide terrorism issues.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...planned_t.html
    Here's an anti-terrorism rally held by MUSLIMS IN THE SCARY TOWN OF HAMTRAMCK! OooOOOooooh!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...lash/76085606/
    Dearborn activist and attorney Majed Moughni said the mood in his community is best described as “fear and anger.”

“There’s the fear that we may be targeted for who we are — especially women who wear an Islamic Hijab (the headscarf worn by Muslim women), who may be targeted for being Muslim,” he said.

“We fear for our safety from those who want to commit acts of retribution for the crimes committed in Paris. Our community is feeling a backlash.”

‘Not what Islam is all about’

At the same time, the community is angry at the terrorists behind the Paris attacks. “They’ve distorted the true religion of Islam and we’re paying the price for it,” he said.

Imam Osman Brkic of the Bosnian American Islamic Center in Hamtramck also denounced the attacks. “What’s happening with those terrorists is not what Islam is all about,” he said.

Masud Khan, secretary for the Al-Islah Islamic Center in Hamtramck, which earlier this month became the first city in the United States to have a Muslim majority on its City Council, said he’s urging congregants to be careful.

“I’m telling our congregation to avoid gathering outside our mosque, so we don’t have any trouble,” said Khan, a native of Bangladesh whose mosque was the center of a national controversy in 2004, when non-Muslim residents opposed their call to prayer. “We’re concerned there might be a backlash. We get along with the other religions in Hamtramck, but nothing is bulletproof. We just need to keep a low profile, and keep watching.”

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jake gittes For This Post:

animovado (17th December 2015), BMJ (25th March 2019), Calz (16th December 2015), Dennis Leahy (16th December 2015), Ewan (16th December 2015), Mare (16th December 2015), Nasu (16th December 2015), Richard S. (16th December 2015), sigma6 (16th December 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,109 times in 3,488 posts

Looking at the source of this story, Mad World News, I don't give this story much credence. "Mad World" is pretty socially conservative and doesn't seem to be very interested in fact based information. http://madworldnews.com/

Also, if this actually happened, this would be on multiple news sites, and I was not able to find it anywhere else. The only stories I can find about Hamtramck is that it did indeed elect a Moslem majority council. If my understanding is correct, the councils are usually not sworn in until the following January, so if this is the case, it would be impossible for them to pass such an ordinance at this time.

Here's a link to an article with a very different view of Hamtramck: a harmonious multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, multi-religious community with four mosques and 20 churches, along with a Buddhist ashram and a Hindu temple.
    http://qz.com/566279/this-american-t...rything-is-ok/

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

animovado (17th December 2015), BMJ (25th March 2019), fourty-two (16th December 2015), ichingcarpenter (21st March 2019), KiwiElf (16th December 2015), Nasu (16th December 2015), Richard S. (16th December 2015), sigma6 (16th December 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I hate to see garbage like this get space on Avalon...

If you aren't sure if something is true, do a quick search before posting.

Try this story...

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/...jority-council

We can't be adding fuel to the insanity surrounding this election.

I bet there was a Republican behind the terror scare at LA and New York schools to give them artillary for tonight's debate.

Nothing personal my friend.

But this is getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 16th December 2015 at 04:26.

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Jhonie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 times in 244 posts

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3024613AAd0aQ2

If something is legal under state law, can a city make it illegal?

Best Answer: A city can set in place an ordinance that makes something a violation in the city limits that is not a violation for the rest of the state, so long as it does not violate the US and State Constitutions. HOWEVER, if state law says something is illegal, then a city cannot pass an ordinance making it legal.

For example, a state may have a law requiring a person to have a permit to carry a firearm. No city within the state can establish a ordinance stating that a permit is not required within it's limits. At the same time, a state may not have a law making it illegal to carry a gun in a park, but a town can pass an ordinance to establish that restriction.

I don't think beheadings and stoning can be legal there anyhoo.

However be sure you pay attention and register to vote.
    Blessed Be to You and Me.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jhonie For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), Ellisa (17th December 2015), Nasu (16th December 2015)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Whoever created this article spun an evil lie, the thread title should have everything after FORCES removed.

We should start a discussion on who benefits from creating all this hatred..

The Republican debate was under some kind of mind control.

Rand Paul was trying to talk sense, but the koolaid was too strong.

Even Bush was shocked he was on the stage with so many morons.

They just handed Isis the artillary for propaganda to double in size.
    Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 16th December 2015 at 05:21.

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I did not know it was a fake article, and as the Sharia law has almost become real law in Ontario a decade ago, and it was stopped only by worldwide protest, I thought this was a repetition of the same.

The way the Sharia law treats women rights is appalling, period. It cannot be compared with any other law system in regards of women. And Ontario wanted it applied for family law.

Quote The introduction of sharia law in Ontario, Canada, was effectively recommended by a 2004 report which prompted debate and street protests, both for and against its findings.

Family faith-based tribunals had been set up by Catholic and Jewish communities following the passing of the province's Arbitration Act in 1991.

The act was an attempt to deal with a backlog of court cases. It enabled groups to use the guiding principles of their faith to help settle disputes over divorce, inheritance and custody.

In 2003, the Islamic Institute of Civil Justice said it intended to establish similar tribunals for the 400,000 Muslims who live in Ontario.
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/blog...incanadaalmost

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    Whoever created this article spun an evil lie, the thread title should have everything after FORCES removed.

We should start a discussion on who benefits from creating all this hatred..

The Republican debate was under some kind of mind control.

Rand Paul was trying to talk sense, but the koolaid was too strong.

Even Bush was shocked he was on the stage with so many morons.

They just handed Isis the artillary for propaganda to double in size.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), Calz (16th December 2015), Nasu (16th December 2015), Rocky_Shorz (16th December 2015)

19. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Lightbulb Re: Muslim Majority City Council FORCES US Citizens To Obey Sharia Law

please note ...

I first read this news item here back in November.

In the first majority-Muslim U.S. city, residents tense about its future
    Last edited by giovonni; 16th December 2015 at 15:13. Reason: post original story

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Saudi Arabia just allowed women to run for office and vote for the first time since the Kingdom was created...

They just gathered 34 countries to help erase the evil they created...

They along with Jordon are putting 80,000 boots on the ground in Iraq

Listening to the Republican debate, you should be wondering if any of them watch the news.

Their plans for what they want to do when they grow up, has already been done..

The damage is done, 16 Candidates Stuck on Stupid.

21. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by Jhonie (here)
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3024613AAd0aQ2

If something is legal under state law, can a city make it illegal?

Best Answer: A city can set in place an ordinance that makes something a violation in the city limits that is not a violation for the rest of the state, so long as it does not violate the US and State Constitutions. HOWEVER, if state law says something is illegal, then a city cannot pass an ordinance making it legal.

For example, a state may have a law requiring a person to have a permit to carry a firearm. No city within the state can establish a ordinance stating that a permit is not required within it's limits. At the same time, a state may not have a law making it illegal to carry a gun in a park, but a town can pass an ordinance to establish that restriction.

I don't think beheadings and stoning can be legal there anyhoo.

However be sure you pay attention and register to vote.
    Religious duty is one of the most powerful arguments in a court of law, because Religious duty supersedes statutory... although I think some "religions" totally abuse the principle along the most technical lines of interpretation, but the principle (of argument) is well established and should tell us something about how law is clearly subservient to what is considered "higher principles" This may be hard for "secular" people to understand, but this is none-the-less the reality which really exposes the illusion of statutory law... and justly so... This is along the same rationale that Equity trust supersedes statutory, if you watch "The Devil's Advocate" this was hinted at in the movie, in one of his cases, the win was portrayed like a stunning and miraculous victory... (the guy slaughtering a goat in his basement...) In this case it was someone practicing his religious beliefs in the privacy of his own home... that was a hint... (lot's more in that movie)
    Last edited by sigma6; 16th December 2015 at 07:14.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), Nasu (16th December 2015), Rocky_Shorz (16th December 2015)

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

The difference is if a city gathers to stone an adulterous member, under US law, the city would get arrested.

They followed their religious law, but will be punished under modern, non stone age law...

24. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

If Americans are forced to live unde sharia law , it would be the catalyst for all out civil war ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), petra (21st March 2019), sigma6 (18th December 2015)

26. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Oh my, if it ever comes to my neighbourhook, mosque screaming their prayers at all hours of the day, and worst, the sharia law, i will definitely become a very active activist.

Oh God Flash... "screaming their prayers".... ha ha ha
    I had a Muslim friend growing up, and when I'd sleep over, the praying really used to get on my nerves, because I'd be trying to go to sleep! Too funny...

Maybe we all just need to be a bit more tolerant of each other, if we're trying to avoid a war.
    Last edited by petra; 21st March 2019 at 16:33. Reason: Tolerant... not tolerable ><

27. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019)

28. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Sharia law has no place in a country with its own laws already established.

Also, first they blast the call to prayer. Next they have sharia officers driving around enforcing sharia law. Icke calls it the totalitarian tiptoe. I call it getting your foot in the door and soon you're making yourself at home.

Make no mistake, that is where this is heading. And, the disbeliever is an offense to Allah that must be stamped out.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd March 2019), BMJ (25th March 2019), Deux Corbeaux (24th March 2019)

30. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Painting all Muslims as trying to enforce Sharia law on US and Canada, is a bit like painting all Christians as child raping pedophiles ... Catholic priest rapists are christian therefore Christians are coming to Muslim countries to normalize child rape, etc.

Does anyone have an actual report of Sharia law being forced upon Canadians or Americans without the real law enforcers doing anything about it? I'll be waiting for that report before I start spreading fear ...

Not tat people who have done "honour killings" in Canada are serving their murder sentences, like any other sharia practicer who breaks the law. It would be really easy to contribute to creating such a situation by spreading fear and hate -- in fact that is pretty much the only way it would happen. Think about it ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Oh God Flash... "screaming their prayers".... ha ha ha
    I had a Muslim friend growing up, and when I'd sleep over, the praying really used to get on my nerves, because I'd be trying to go to sleep! Too funny...

Maybe we all just need to be a bit more tolerant of each other, if we're trying to avoid a war.
    Lol when I lived in Turkey, I was lucky. I was in a neighborhood where the imam had some respect of peoples hearings and sleep. And his voice was pleasant

I had friends in other neighborhood who were basically starting to have mosk sittings, contesting the lack of noise decency and lack of desire to change of their Imam. in order to have the minaret speakers reduce their volume.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), petra (22nd March 2019)

34. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Canada and the USA are not special. There are no go zones in Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, and even Britain. There, sharia law is the only law - even the police are afraid to go into those zones. Maybe Canada might be exempt, unless we keep bringing them here by the hundred thousands, but USA certainly is not as there are already many ghettos that are already effectively no go zones.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

BMJ (25th March 2019), petra (22nd March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast