+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Why are people so busy playing with their smartphones?

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,487 times in 1,711 posts

Default Re: Why are people so busy playing with their smartphones?

They are called smart for a reason--they are part of the big brother process used to control the masses.
    My advice--avoid them totally.....
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

huyi82 (28th December 2015), Matt P (28th December 2015)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,042 times in 911 posts

I've always called them smartass phones.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Matt P (28th December 2015)

5. Link to Post #43
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

A new wave of technology is ready to wash over society like a tsunami that has never been seen before. The desktop computer set the stage, the mobile laptop took it to a new level and now tablets and smartphones have made information and entertainment more portable, more comprehensive and more accessible than ever before. The addiction of young children, teenagers and young adults to games and portable electronic devices is by design.

The United States has been targeted to lead the way in this new age. China is a very short distance behind and will soon be on par with the US. The 330 pages of regulations passed by Obama and the EU in the new net neutrality bills assure that there will only be a handful of large players providing information. Small players and start-ups have been intentionally locked out of the system. The stage has been set for control and delivery of information.

People are communicating like they've never done before but at the same time, they are losing all their interpersonal skills. Communication is so common-place that much of it has become frivolous. Now that big brother has interjected himself into the equation exactly the same way he did with the 1935 Federal Power Act and the Public Utility Holding Company Act we will see the dynamic internet turn into an expensive and very regulated (controlled) information delivery system.
    • You have only seen the tip of the iceberg technology wise
    • The addiction aspect is preparation for the masses
    • Control of the internet is already in place
    • The internet is going down the same road as free or cheap energy
    • In the coming years there will be a strong negative backlash against technology
    Brace yourself, the tsunami is not even visible from the shore but it's on the way and moving at a speed which will amaze everyone.
    Last edited by rgray222; 28th December 2015 at 03:43.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

6pounder (28th December 2015), Curiosity (28th December 2015), FinallyNow (28th December 2015), huyi82 (28th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2015), Matt P (28th December 2015)

7. Link to Post #44
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

this has become a norm on mainstream right now...people accept as it is. What scary most is people going to start wearing those Virtual Reality on the street once it hit on the market. i think 2016 is that year for VR. Has anyone watched Bruce Willis movie Surrogates? can't believe what i saw..

my relative children already have tablet and all they do is play games, one parent considering buying those smart phone for the kids but i told them no...just get those old phones for making and received called but the parent insist getting the child smart phone.

i have smart phone but use it as mp3 player-GPS-researching for information while on the road and rarely glue to the screen or use it alot like those people who i saw.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 28th December 2015 at 02:15.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Matt P (28th December 2015)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    What scary most is people going to start wearing those Virtual Reality on the street once it hit on the market.
    Nah, not for a while anyway.

VR is way to immersive for public consumption, you are completely cut off from your surroundings & as such you won't see VR head sets far from the home or a "designated area".

VR is just the first step though, AR (Augmented Reality) is next, and THOSE will be on everyone's head... though they should mostly just look like glasses by that point so it won't be too terrible looking ascetically; but watching people's mind squirrel off in the middle of a conversation might become very normal...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Curiosity (28th December 2015), huyi82 (28th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2015), Matt P (28th December 2015)

11. Link to Post #46
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

On the other hand, when direct communication is re-established:

2,000-strong Kentucky mall brawl leads to shutdown, no arrests

Published time: 28 Dec, 2015 07:24

© DAHBOO777 / YouTube

St. Matthews Mall in Kentucky became the scene of a massive brawl involving 2,000 people, forcing it to shut down and a big police presence to be set up around the perimeter. The chaos was apparently caused by a chain reaction, involving separate fights.

Police first began responding to reports of “disturbances” at 7pm ET on Saturday. But the officers assigned to the mall could not cope with the load.

According to the police, there was “a series of brawls” between people aged 13 to early 20s, which quickly grew to include up to 2,000 people, leaving “the entire mall” affected, NBC reports.

"As they were responding to those disturbances, others were breaking out. ... Disturbances started to feed on themselves,” police spokesman Dennis McDonald said. "They were just overwhelmed with the number of calls for service and reports of disorder."

The officers had to call for backup, and 50 more officers arrived from five different agencies.

What started as brawls quickly began to interfere with shop closures. By the time it was 8pm, shops had begun to close on police orders. But the brawls became so contagious they quickly turned into a melee: people were hanging onto steel grates, unwilling to let shopkeepers shut their businesses.

“This was a riot… it was crazy,” McDonald added. "I've been a police officer 33 years, and I haven't ever seen anything like this before… We always plan for worst-case scenario, but this exceeded that.”

Some stores ended up being used as safe havens for those that tried to escape the fighting.

There were also reports of gunshots ringing from inside, but they were not confirmed.

Police maintained a presence until 1am that morning, according to McDonald. "It took about an hour and a half, close to two hours, before things were calm. We’re all tired.”

Businesses in the surrounding area were also recommended to shut.

Surprisingly, for a brawl involving 2,000 people, there were only minor injuries. No arrests were made.

Authorities are still determining the cause of the chain reaction that started it all.

The mess was all but forgotten the following morning, and the mall opened at 11am as normal.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Carmody (29th December 2015), Innocent Warrior (28th December 2015)

13. Link to Post #47
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,551 times in 3,482 posts

TargeT wrote;
    Quote VR is just the first step though, AR (Augmented Reality) is next, and THOSE will be on everyone's head... though they should mostly just look like glasses by that point so it won't be too terrible looking ascetically; but watching people's mind squirrel off in the middle of a conversation might become very normal...
    Intel: Chips in brains will control computers by 2020

By the year 2020, you won't need a keyboard and mouse to control your computer, say Intel Corp. researchers. Instead, users will open documents and surf the Web using nothing more than their brain waves.

Scientists at Intel's research lab in Pittsburgh are working to find ways to read and harness human brain waves so they can be used to operate computers, television sets and cell phones. The brain waves would be harnessed with Intel-developed sensors implanted in people's brains.

The scientists say the plan is not a scene from a sci-fi movie -- Big Brother won't be planting chips in your brain against your will. Researchers expect that consumers will want the freedom they will gain by using the implant.

"I think human beings are remarkable adaptive," said Andrew Chien, vice president of research and director of future technologies research at Intel Labs. "If you told people 20 years ago that they would be carrying computers all the time, they would have said, 'I don't want that. I don't need that.' Now you can't get them to stop [carrying devices]. There are a lot of things that have to be done first but I think [implanting chips into human brains] is well within the scope of possibility."

Full article.

In a world steered by corporate elitists obsessed with power and control, I find that technology worrisome.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

3(C)+me (28th December 2015), FinallyNow (28th December 2015), Hervé (28th December 2015), huyi82 (28th December 2015), TargeT (28th December 2015)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Freebird? (^mall riot)

(Kingsman reference)

But in all seriousness, it's the proverbial itch that cannot be scratched. The trick is to steal their (instigating world conditions/pressures/misdirection that hover in the backdrop) thunder as the thunder pressure builds.

Their game is to build the pressure and provide the release and relief valve. Take it from them, trip them up on it.. when the time comes, as that is how they disarm movements. To realize this pressure pot game is being played and to move the energy into similes of a humane direction and difference, as that is the direction that people do indeed desire.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (29th December 2015), TargeT (28th December 2015)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

I love my smartphone(s).
    *Hello from the other side*

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunpaw For This Post:

Curiosity (28th December 2015), TargeT (28th December 2015)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by sunpaw (here)
    I love my smartphone(s).
    *Hello from the other side*
    not gonna lie, I'm with you.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

muxfolder (31st December 2015), sunpaw (29th December 2015)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    What scary most is people going to start wearing those Virtual Reality on the street once it hit on the market.
    Nah, not for a while anyway.

VR is way to immersive for public consumption, you are completely cut off from your surroundings & as such you won't see VR head sets far from the home or a "designated area".

VR is just the first step though, AR (Augmented Reality) is next, and THOSE will be on everyone's head... though they should mostly just look like glasses by that point so it won't be too terrible looking ascetically; but watching people's mind squirrel off in the middle of a conversation might become very normal...
    they already managed AR reality without the glasses!

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ama...ky-headgear-tl

this is just one example.
    the soul mind trap http://tinyurl.com/ph7ajgb
    we live in a 3D matrix 3rd dimensional prison, awake! and never forget! so you shall no longer be imprisoned! escape the reincarnation lunar soul trap!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to huyi82 For This Post:

TargeT (29th December 2015)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

I share some of the feelings expressed here. I am tolerant towards people who still have their phones. I stopped using mobile phones since,...oh well, I can't exactly remember.

It's very odd but when I put a mobile phone to my ear, a sharp pain makes its way along my jawline. It's very unpleasant, I can't be in a conversation longer than 2 minutes. If it extends, I'll make an excuse, just to be able to hang up.

And first I thought it was mobile phones by themselves. We used to have a wireless house phone that gave me the same pain. I bought an electromagnetic frequency device and measured all these devices.

I threw the cordless set out with the trash. Didn't sell it, as it would just transfer the problem to other people. And I use my mobile phone as an (expensive) alarm clock.

I have a wired fixed line now, which is wonderful. It's one of these oldies:

And when I call people, or they call me I actually have to sit down and don't move. Just focus on that conversation. The cable is rather short. I'm still having trouble with running for pen and paper.

I do wish for all people that they would sincerely share each other's company. I'm surprised it needs reminding that it's very rude to be on the smartphone with whatever what, and have someone next to you...just standing, waiting for you to say something which might...maybe spark a conversation.

Especially children need to be protected from this harmful behaviour. There can be a balance between smart use of new technology and both good health and good manners. We just have to retrieve it. Or believe it in the first place.

People's reactions when I say I don't have a smartphone are usually of unbelief. Like it's not possible to live like that in these days, unless you live in a cave or something. I don't live in a cave. It is possible. And by the speed at which the use of these - who knows - well-intended devices is destroying our social skills, perhaps it is also necessary to at least revise its use thoroughly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage_phone_by_nutellastellaamelia-d63yfx8.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	32447  
    Last edited by Violet; 28th December 2015 at 22:10.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Carmody (29th December 2015), Hervé (30th December 2015)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,020 times in 2,189 posts

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Carmody (29th December 2015), KiwiElf (30th December 2015)

27. Link to Post #54
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Hahahaha LMAO - yeah good idea - what future do they have?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3