+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Witness to 'When the Horses Whisper' author, Rosalyn Berne

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,019 times in 927 posts

Default Witness to 'When the Horses Whisper' author, Rosalyn Berne

During the past Thanksgiving, as we do each year, my family went to the Shenandoah mountains near Nelliesford, VA, to stay on my aunt and uncle's horse farm. They lead the local fox hunt and are very big horse folks in the area. This year my aunt Sue had a great surprise for us. She invited Rosalyn Berne to come visit with her horses. Rosa, as she likes to be called, is a PhD professor at the University of Virginia, who also happens to be able to communicate with horses.

She came to the farm the Saturday after Thanksgiving for 2 hours. She had never been there before and had never met any of the horses. She didn't even know how many horses were there or anything about them beforehand (as she had requested). About 18-20 of us crowded into the barn around Rosa and for 2 hours were mesmerized by this amazing woman and her ability to have conversations with these horses. Without knowing anything about them before, she was able to tell exactly who they were, where they had come from, what were their feelings and what they wanted to say. Needless to say, it was so profound that many of us streamed tears the entire 2 hours.

I had personally never experienced first hand something so beautiful and life altering. These "animals" are conscious, wise and intelligent beings is what I kept telling myself. Holy crap!! My daughter has made a strong bond with one of their horses, Buddy Lee, over the years and Buddy requested to speak with my daughter specifically. It was surreal. When Rosa thought she was done with Buddy and went to walk away to another horse she stopped and said, "Hang on, he says he's not done yet..." and went on to bring my daughter in for a chat. Rosa had no idea who my daughter was and that she had been coming and seeing Buddy for years. After Buddy, Rosa and my daughter were done, my daughter walked over to a chair and collapsed into tears and sobs. They were cries of joy and release and I cried as I watched her because I knew her awareness and life would never again be the same. She saw with her own eyes and heart that this horse was just as much a conscious being as she was. How many little girls get to have a conversation with a horse?!

I was in awe watching Rosa. All the horses were in constant motion...that is until Rosa came to each stall. When each horse was ready to talk, they stood motionless next to Rosa and looked at all of us as they spoke through her.

Unfortunately, none of us took pictures during Rosa's time with the horses. I found this amazing since everyone was usually clicking away on their iphone cameras the whole Thanksgiving, capturing everything. But we were all so focused on Rosa and in this amazing moment that we didn't even think about anything else.

This is a picture we took just before Rosa got there...my daughter and Buddy Lee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PiperandBuddyLee.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	32465

I found some interesting info about Rosa, and an interview, here:
    http://simpleliferadio.podbean.com/e...rse-whisperer/

I also read Rosa's recently published book, When the Horses Whisper, which blew my mind. Most of the book is about her time first honing her skills in communicating with horses while visiting a horse farm in Costa Rica that puts horses and people with traumatic experiences together for healing. In the book she talks about one profound conversation with a horse who tells her about how horses and humans both came to this planet together long ago. She goes into much more detail than I can adequately share but I can promise most Avalonians would find this part of the book fascinating. I never imagined to find information about our hidden history in this book! And straight from the horses mouth no less! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also found some more info about Rosa (this is her website):
    http://www.rosalynberne.com/index.html

And her book:
    http://www.amazon.com/When-Horses-Wh.../dp/1937907163

It took me about 3 hours to read her book and it was incredible. Highly recommended.

I also think she would be a great subject for an Avalon interview. Perhaps Bill could catch up with her next time she comes to Costa Rica.

If anyone would like to get in touch with her there is contact information on her website. If that doesn't work, I can get you her personal numbers (just PM me if you need). I believe she can communicate with horses long distance, too.

Hope you enjoyed my experience. It surely changed ME and my family.

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

2. The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd December 2017), Blacklight43 (31st December 2015), Bluegreen (1st January 2016), Constance (31st December 2015), craig mitchell (31st December 2015), Debra (31st December 2015), ErtheVessel (3rd January 2016), Ewan (1st January 2016), Fairy Friend (31st December 2015), fractal (3rd January 2016), Gardener (31st December 2015), genevieve (31st December 2015), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), Ivanhoe (31st December 2015), JChombre (31st December 2015), Joe Sustaire (31st December 2015), Joseph McAree (31st December 2015), Krist (31st December 2015), Latti (31st December 2015), Laura Elina (3rd January 2016), Lefty Dave (31st December 2015), LindyLou22 (31st December 2015), lisalu (31st December 2015), Meggings (31st December 2015), Melinda (31st December 2015), Mercedes (31st December 2015), Michi (3rd January 2016), Nasu (31st December 2015), Olam (31st December 2015), Orph (1st January 2016), Pam (1st January 2016), penn (1st January 2016), poetbil (31st December 2015), Rex (31st December 2015), Richard S. (31st December 2015), Rollo (1st January 2016), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Savannah (1st January 2016), seko (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Sir Eltor (1st January 2016), Spirithorse (31st December 2015), Stardad (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (31st December 2015), TelosianEmbrace (31st December 2015), toppy (4th January 2016), Valerie Villars (23rd December 2017), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: Witness to 'When the Horses Whisper' author, Rosalyn Berne

That is a great post mpennery, thanks from me!

You shared a fantastic experience.
    Has your daughter said much to you about her conversation with Buddy Lee?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), LindyLou22 (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), Mercedes (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), TelosianEmbrace (31st December 2015)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    That is a great post mpennery, thanks from me!

You shared a fantastic experience.
    Has your daughter said much to you about her conversation with Buddy Lee?
    Thanks Alan! She has not really talked much about the experience other than the day of and maybe a day after. We asked her so many questions after I guess she got most of it off her chest. She's been inspired since she got back home. She was already a natural with horses and now she says she wants to be a horse vet, is starting riding lessons in a couple weeks and looks like she's found a true life passion. She's treating all animals as if they are sentient beings too, which is wonderful to watch.

Matt

edit: just realizing I didn't answer the question so well. My daughter said when she went over to speak with Rosa and Buddy, Buddy was showing Rosa pictures of my daughter growing up and coming each year to see him and how much he enjoyed watching her grow up and seeing the young lady she is becoming. He singled her out to speak directly because he always felt a great sense of sadness from her when she rode him and he wanted her to just enjoy her time with him and be in the moment, in her heart. This was true because my daughter has become so attached to him and doesn't get to see him except once or twice a year and has a hard time just being with him and having fun when she is riding because she is sad that it won't last very long. Plus, there are other kids to share rides with. So, this really helped her to let go of this feeling of sadness and just enjoy her time with him. She was sad when she left this year but not nearly as bad as most years.
    Last edited by Matt P; 31st December 2015 at 18:09.

6. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), Constance (31st December 2015), Gardener (31st December 2015), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), Joe Sustaire (31st December 2015), LindyLou22 (31st December 2015), Meggings (31st December 2015), Mercedes (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), Orph (1st January 2016), Rex (31st December 2015), Rich (23rd December 2017), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (31st December 2015), TelosianEmbrace (31st December 2015), toppy (4th January 2016), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member lisalu's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much for sharing that story. It brought tears to my eyes as well. Can you share any of what the horses had to say?
    Happy New Year, Llisa

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to lisalu For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), Mercedes (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (31st December 2015), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

"Wow!" just doesn't cover what this thread means to me. I feel joy, and heartbreak at the same time...

Thank you for the links, I'm going to read every single one.

Your daughter is going to be a FANTASTIC vet.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Constance (31st December 2015), Gardener (31st December 2015), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), Mercedes (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2016), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

off topic (please delete)
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 30th July 2019 at 17:50. Reason: off topic

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Constance (31st December 2015), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), Joe Sustaire (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (2nd January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2016), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lisalu (here)
    Thank you so much for sharing that story. It brought tears to my eyes as well. Can you share any of what the horses had to say?
    Happy New Year, Llisa
    Some examples, sure. One of the horses was quite a bit older and was no longer working (being ridden, going to the hunts, etc) and was also having some medical issues. My aunt had Rosa talk to the horse about how she was feeling, did she want to be ridden anymore, where was she hurting, etc. The horse answered that she still liked the kids to ride some but not as much because she was not feeling very well. The horse showed Rosa what was hurting her (basically arthritis, which was correct) and said it was ok that my aunt was giving her a natural product to help but she wanted a blanket kept on her more often. The horse said she worried about my aunt and the issues she was going through and some other personal things. A few of the horses mentioned their concern for my aunt actually.

Two of the horses were recent additions to the barn and were there just for boarding. They had been having issues with the other horses and Rosa was able to figure out why. One of these horses, a small gelding, had had a protective figure at his last home and didn't have that anymore and was struggling to fit in with the new horses. My aunt called the owner after our time with Rosa and found out that, yes, the horse had a older companion at his last home and the companion had died recently. There were many other little stories like this. I have since heard that my aunt is not having the issues after following some of Rosa's suggestions for what the horses wanted differently.

Rosa's talk with Buddy Lee was fascinating because Buddy Lee was showing her about who he was and how respected and loved he was by so many other people and horses. Rosa did not know he really was such a special horse who led the fox hunts and wanted to be ridden by everyone but he showed her all of that and she laughed and laughed at his confidence. She just absolutely nailed the qualities of each of the horses.

I read back through this and I'm sure it sounds a little silly and overly general, like someone could easily fake these conversations but it was one of those things you had to just be there and see it. Seeing the horses change around Rosa was the most incredible part for me, with a close second being the energy of the woman herself. You could just feel and see the difference about her, like I was in the presence of someone very attuned to what the world really is.

Most of Rosa's time was spent working through some of the issues my aunt was having with some of the horses, so it wasn't life shattering information, just a first discussion between beings who had never had a real conversation (my aunt hired her to come specifically for these issues). Then there were so many of us asking questions. It would have been fun to have more time with Rosa and to delve into specific subjects and in some detail like what she describes in her book with the horses she worked with in Costa Rica. I wish I had known about and read her book before this experience so I would have been more prepared. If I had known horses had shared information with her about our hidden history, current reality and our future potential I might have done a video interview of her myself! Oh well, maybe next year.

14. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), Bluegreen (1st January 2016), Constance (31st December 2015), Ewan (1st January 2016), Gardener (31st December 2015), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), lisalu (31st December 2015), Mercedes (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), Olam (31st December 2015), Orph (1st January 2016), Rich (23rd December 2017), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Spirithorse (2nd January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2016), TelosianEmbrace (31st December 2015), toppy (4th January 2016), Valerie Villars (23rd December 2017), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

“Animal Spirit Guides,” by Steven Farmer, PhD.

If HORSE shows up, it means:
    • You’re about to embark on an unexpected adventure and will have to move very quickly once it’s initiated.
    • It’s time to free yourself from those physically and emotionally constricting aspects of your life.
    • You need to call upon reserves of stamina and strength to get you through this ordeal.
    • You’re much more powerful than you think you are.
    • This situation requires strong warrior energy, balanced with sensitivity, patience, and compassion.
    • Teamwork with your family, friends, or community is important right now.
    If WHITE HORSE:
    • You’re very well protected from any negative or harsh psychic attacks.
    • You’re being called to investigate other spiritual realms and dimensions through meditation, a vision quest, or shamanic journeying.
    Call on HORSE when:
    • You’re feeling held back by external circumstances or by conditioned beliefs about your supposed limitations.
    • You’re feeling victimized and are blaming others for your current situation.
    • You’re getting the urge to travel and explore new territories, yet have doubts and fears about acting on it.
    • Your energy is low, and you need a boost of strength and endurance to handle the tasks before you.
    • You’re being prompted to expand and deepen your spiritual practice, but you’re not sure how to go about it.
    If HORSE is your POWER ANIMAL:
    • Your personal freedom is of the highest priority—sometimes at the expense of others’ approval—and you buck whenever someone tries to stifle you in any way.
    • Even though you know how to travel to other dimensions and realities, you still deal well with mundane issues and concerns.
    • You’re very loyal to others once they’ve earned your trust.
    • You love to wander about just for the sake of exploring, with no particular goal or agenda in mind.
    • You’re a natural leader and evoke confidence in others.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

3(C)+me (31st December 2015), Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Ewan (1st January 2016), Gardener (31st December 2015), Hym (2nd January 2016), IChingUChing (31st December 2015), lisalu (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), moekatz (2nd January 2016), Olam (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2016), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

17. Link to Post #9
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 times in 164 posts

Thanks for sharing with us - very beautiful!

Wish she could have come and spoken to "Rowdy", a 1 tonne Bavarian Kaltblut (cold blood) which I rode over Christmas. I think we both knew who was driving the bus on our day together

Attachment 32468

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to IChingUChing For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Gardener (31st December 2015), Hym (2nd January 2016), Matt P (31st December 2015), Olam (31st December 2015), RunningDeer (31st December 2015), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), Sunny-side-up (1st January 2016), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

Matt wrote: "She's been inspired since she got back home. She was already a natural with horses and now she says she wants to be a horse vet, is starting riding lessons in a couple weeks and looks like she's found a true life passion. She's treating all animals as if they are sentient beings too, which is wonderful to watch."

Would you perhaps share with your daughter that, for me, communication with animals comes when I go silent and sort of fall inside. One of the first messages from an animal was a stray cat who'd hunkered down staring at me as I unpacked my car. I went silent as I gazed at this cat, and heard delivered as a package of information that I felt enter me through my solar plexus the cat communication saying it had CHOSEN me to live with. I said I didn't want a cat right then, but I also knew it was a "done deal".

Later I had to train three of my horses to load in a horse trailer very quickly. They'd been sold and the new owner - a horse "expert" who owned a horse farm - was beating them to get them to load. I sent her away without my horses, then went inside and was sick to my stomach at the cruelty. Then I had to teach my three horses to load, and I did so BY GOING QUIET and telling them I could not keep them. They all loaded by walking on the cruel lady's horse trailer calmly, because we had communicated that this was needed.

I was stunned by their understanding, and the cooperation that resulted.

More than ten years before that I saw that my horse could read my mind, and she would go left or right without any indication from me. Tell her to go quiet, sink inward and focus on hearing the horse. Real communication happens, and will happen more and more in the coming years.

I am so pleased at reading your post, Matt. Thank you for it.

As an aside, yesterday I was in a health food store and was in a physically depleted state. I went over to the BACH FLOWER ESSENCE display and picked up successively two different Bach flower rememdies, holding each in turn over my heart. The energies of both permeated my aura, and with it I felt positive changes in my condition. Later I went online to read what these flowers "do", and found it matched my experience.

So I urge your daughter and everyone to communicate with the trees and flowers as well as the animals on this glorious planet.

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Thank you for this,
    I wish everyone could have the opportunity to overcome fear and just be relaxed and authentic with horses.
    Yes they are very powerful and can be dangerous if they wish too, but they will always respond positively when they can see how authentic the person is.
    My daughter has been riding and jumping now for 8 years and it truly changed her in so many ways.
    She used to have panic attacks and instant high stress levels that made her develop facial ticks.
    Ever since she has been interacting with the horses, all of that is gone.

I have been doing Reiki for horses now in the last few years and its been so great for me also.
    I say I do Reiki so that people understand what I do, but I don't really follow the Reiki way, I just do what I have done all my life, but now I understand what is actually happening.
    I have always been somewhat of an Doctor Doolittle, not knowing really what I was doing.

So now what I do as I have acsess to horse via my daughters passion,
    with permission from the owners, I ask to have some horses totally free in a pen and I just start grounding myself and just be love.
    Then if a horse comes to see me, I know its ready to do some work.

I wxplain this to you all as anyone can do this...

I will start by connecting with eye contact, I imagine in my minds eye me being with the horse in nature on a beautiful day, the horse can "see" what I am seeing and we get in sync energetically. I can sense when we are there by the breathing, the eyes and ears are relaxed, the will lick their lips too.
    When I get that big sigh of contentment, then I know its time to work.
    By that time I can generally work and walk around the horse without it being stressed and will generally start a massage.
    I also remove "black mist" that I can feel on some horses, just litterally waving it away with my hands.
    I imagine seeing the mist dissolving in bright light.
    Then I ask the horse to place whatever part of its body they want me to work on in front of me.
    I do this again in my minds eye.
    Once you are in sync, they can see what you see....

Then I just place my hands on there and let the energy flow, sometimes it flows rapid and thick, sometimes its just gentle and light.
    I can feel the pulse of the energy wave developing between my hands and its skin.
    Some horses like me to press hard on them and some just want my hands to hover a few inched over them,
    they will tell you instantly, just with a look, or gentle nod of the head.

My best experience was with a pregnant mare, I started to work on the head and she just pressed herself onto me,
    heart to heart(find out where the heart chakra is), and we stayed embraced like that for I guess 20 minutes.
    She layed her head on my shoulders and back while I was embraced in this "bear hug"...
    :-)
    I hope this makes sense.
    At some point I realized how vulnerable I was if the horse panicked for some reason, but at the same time I also realized how vulnerable she was, being so relaxed and having no fight or flight instincts for 20 minutes...
    With that horse, the energy was pulsating my whole body as I was tightly embraced with this absolutley huge horse.

I always end the "session"...lol, by building a huge golden bubble around the horse, forming it with my hands and arms stretched wide open, as wide as I need to cover the whole horse.

I encourage everyone who has the chance to try some of this....its so grwat for both of us.

I know it can be intimidating, so here is one little trick that starts it all for beginners...
    Make eye contact with a horse that is in a pen a few yards away, once you have locked eye contact, trace your eyesight back to you, sort of forming a trail from the horses eyes up to you.
    At first the horse won't beleive its eyes....lol, as it realizes you are speaking horse language and it does not happen often for them.
    Again, do it a few times to make sure the horse understands that you are inviting it to you.
    Establish eye contact, trace your eyesight back to you looking at the ground between you and the horse ending up close to you.
    Does this make sense?
    Then watch and be amazed to see the horse responding to your invitation and coming directly to you!
    If you can do this, then you have half the work done in establishing a confident rapport with the horse.

I tell you, if the horse comes to see you, then all is left is to prove to the horse you are in your heart and can be trusted, I let you all decide how to do that...
    :-)

Humans have for centuries established that the only way to control a horse is dominating by force and pain, which actually works as the horse will give up the fight because of the pain, but it will never build a great relationship.
    On the other hand, if you build trust and honor between you and the horse, it will absolutley be dedicated to work and play with you for life....
    We have abused horses for so many generations, they just know to not trust us and its printed in their genes, and so its not up to a horse to show we can trust it, but its up to us humans to show a horse that we can be trusted and loved for a lifetime...

happy new year to all.

21. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), annacherie (3rd January 2016), Bluegreen (1st January 2016), Constance (31st December 2015), Ewan (1st January 2016), Gardener (31st December 2015), genevieve (2nd January 2016), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Joe Sustaire (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), Meggings (31st December 2015), Orph (1st January 2016), penn (1st January 2016), Savannah (1st January 2016), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (31st December 2015), Spirithorse (2nd January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), TelosianEmbrace (31st December 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Meggings, you got me crying again (the beauty and reality overwhelms me and causes the response). Beautiful story and I will absolutely share it with my daughter. The following is for you...

This is a passage from Chapter 10 of Rosa's book, When the Horses Whisper. This was from one of the Costa Rican horses (Beauty) that had a message for her. I think many others here would appreciate it...

“This is a message to humans from Beauty, speaking on behalf of all horses.
    We are horses, as you call us. Now, do you want to know who we really are? We've been waiting for you to ask. Please listen with your heart and with your solar plexus. If you try to understand solely with your intellect, you will not understand.
    We came to earth when you did. We came as your companions. It did not take very long for you humans, as you call yourselves, to find us and to bring us into your lives. We did not come easily into your care. It took time. This is because we'd forgotten who we were, just as you had. Now, we are beginning to remember, just as you are.
    Hear this with your heart.
    We are beginning to remember, which means we are no longer as willing to continue the same kind of relationship we have always had with you. We are awakening to our purpose, as you are. This means that we are changing rapidly.
    Change with us, and our companionship will continue. Otherwise, you will find that horses all over the world will begin to disagree with the terms you have given us. We want a new relationship with you.
    Here is an example from Rosa's own memory. It is one of many thousands.
    A woman decides to buy horses, to make horseback riding her hobby. She joins a hunt club. She has wonderful times riding with her friends across the beautiful countryside. A decade goes by, and her life changes. The lovely house, barn, fields, and horses no longer fit who she sees herself to be. She finds a new job, packs up the house, and moves away. The horses are sold. There are three in all. They are each sent to a different owner.
    That may sound reasonable to you. As you begin to change, however, to awaken to who you are, to who we are to you, such a scenario will be horrifying. You will not let this happen.
    Many of us are bred to run so that you humans can be entertained, but mostly so that you can enjoy the thrill of immediate monetary gain. Great elaborate schemes are created to orchestrate the fiasco that is our life. When you wake up to the true nature of our purpose together with you on this earth, this will be intolerable and appalling.
    Already this gives you pain, and you want to go back to sleep and forget what is revealed. As you begin to open your eyes, your hearts, and your solar plexus to experience us as the beings that we truly are, you will feel pain and discomfort. Each of you will experience this in your own way. Ask our forgiveness. We will forgive, and then you will feel exhilaration.
    Remember. We came to Earth together and therefore, in many ways, were alike. Our origins in the universe are exactly the same. Our purpose for being here is the same as well.
    This leads me to why.
    It will be no surprise to you that Earth was formed as one of many places that make learning possible. The momentum, the forces, the energy, and especially the light of the sun are all part of the combined creative energies that foster the growth of consciousness. That is our sole purpose in being in this form. We are here for the growth of our consciousness, just as humans are.
    There are many humans who once lived as horses, but fewer horses have ever lived as humans. What matters is that we have been living and evolving in consciousness together, in an awareness of the “I Am” that you are familiar with, for millions of years. This is a rebirthing process, which for the human-horse collective has taken thousands of years. We are nearing the end of that process, which, like physical rebirth, can be quite painful and dangerous.
    “How is it dangerous?” you will ask. Well, consider the process of leaving one state of being where your consciousness and all your senses are accustomed to one environment, and then suddenly being exposed to an entirely different array of stimuli. The adjustment is not always an easy one. Everything changes, from how oxygen is taken in (the breath), to how nourishment is taken up (the stomach), to how the world is felt (the skin), to how the world is seen (the eyes). The old ways of knowing and being will soon no longer work.
    We horses and humans are in the process of moving from one way of being and knowing into another. We are doing this together, humans and horses, as we fulfill our purpose on Earth.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One other passage, a comment from one of Rosa's Costa Rican horse friends:

“I am tired, yes, tired of being a horse in this world. This is not my first time, you know, coming into the body of a horse to be with humans. It's my third time, and every time it's the same problem. All I ever want to do is to help, but I don't seem to know how. I don't feel like I am making a difference for humans at all. I give up. This is my last time. I am definitely not coming back again.”

I don't want to spoil the book by posting more of it out of context, just wanted to give a taste of what it was about.

Matt

23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), annacherie (3rd January 2016), Bluegreen (1st January 2016), Constance (31st December 2015), Gardener (31st December 2015), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Joe Sustaire (31st December 2015), Meggings (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), Olam (31st December 2015), Orph (1st January 2016), penn (1st January 2016), Rollo (1st January 2016), Shannon (31st December 2015), Sierra (1st January 2016), Spirithorse (2nd January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016), vmk22 (31st December 2015)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Thank you mpennery for all that you have shared.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), LindyLou22 (31st December 2015), Matt P (31st December 2015), Meggings (31st December 2015), Nasu (31st December 2015), Sierra (1st January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016)

26. Link to Post #14
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

As I read your post, Olam, at times I was saying, “Yes! Yes!” As I read your post, Matt, I had to break off for the emotion to subside, for I had forgotten an old memory about representing “HORSE” on earth from perhaps a million years ago.

Olam wrote: "I also remove "black mist" that I can feel on some horses, just litterally waving it away with my hands. ... I imagine seeing the mist dissolving in bright light. ... let the energy flow, sometimes it flows rapid and thick, sometimes its just gentle and light. I can feel the pulse of the energy wave developing between my hands and its skin."

Yes, with people too we can do this. Sometimes holding up the palms and closing eyes, feeling into what is needed to process pain that appears to be somewhere, I have felt the strong pulsing of energy from the hands.

And this Olam wrote is an emphatic "Yes!" This "tracing" is an energy connection.:
    "...trace your eyesight back to you, sort of forming a trail from the horses eyes up to you. ... first the horse won't believe its eyes...as it realizes you are speaking horse language - it does not happen often for them. ... do it a few times to make sure the horse understands ... Establish eye contact, trace your eyesight back to you looking at the ground between you and the horse ending up close to you."

Matt copies from Rosa's book (I have downloaded the audio interview with her to listen to later). I was pleased to read the horse speak of the solar plexus, for that is where I have felt animal communication come into:

"...begin to open your eyes, your hearts, and your solar plexus to experience us as the beings that we truly are...
    "I am tired, yes, tired of being a horse in this world. ... every time it's the same problem. All I ever want to do is to help, but I don't seem to know how. I don't feel like I am making a difference for humans..."

Reading that horses had come to earth with humans in the far mists of time, I was washed with emotion and remembered one of my out-of-time travels to an ancient past. I went to a desert area of wind-swept white sands. There I was met by tall beings wearing long white robes. My love for them was intense. They showed me an ancient temple of white stone buried beneath the sands, and showed me metal sculpture embedded and fused with the stone. The metal was shiny, silver in colour, though it was not silver, and it had been sculpted into a beautfiul abstract form of a horse.

They told me that I had in that far distant past represented "Horse" to the people, and was revered for it. My present-day personality (which is awake and aware during such travellings) felt into this statement for a timing, and what came to me was a million years ago.

The memory of this brought moisture to my eyes, for I had forgotten that travel experience, and I realized that as I was shown this past lifetime to "lift my spirits", so my spirits need similar lifting today. And again I saw and was grateful for the spiral looping of energy, bringing similar themes to us in differing form with each looping.

As one horse told Rosa above, I too am tired by the pain of this world, when all we - mankind - wants in our deepest hearts is to help and love and share and grow in joy.
    Last edited by Meggings; 31st December 2015 at 21:26.

27. Link to Post #15
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Looking for a picture of one of my horses, I found this one where I am talking to my stallion as though he understood me. (Rain was drizzling down that day.)

Attachment 32469

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

Thanks mpennery, and all other contributors.

29. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), annacherie (2nd January 2016), Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Constance (1st January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Joe Sustaire (1st January 2016), Matt P (1st January 2016), Meggings (1st January 2016), Michi (3rd January 2016), Orph (1st January 2016), penn (1st January 2016), Savannah (1st January 2016), Sierra (1st January 2016), Spirithorse (2nd January 2016)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Thank you, mpennery, for a heartwarming post. I wish there was someone to communicate for all living creatures. We would be blown away to hear what all of them have to say.

I had the honor of living next door to a horse for a while last year. It was my first real exposure to one. I could not agree more, they are most wonderful beings.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Constance (1st January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Matt P (1st January 2016), Meggings (1st January 2016), Olam (1st January 2016), Shannon (2nd January 2016), Sierra (1st January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

It seems like horses are just really big smart dogs that are a bit more prone to fear but genuinely appreciate someone who is authentic (young people have an easy time with this).

I have a weird point of view on horses I guess, I had never interacted with them save for a handful of rides as a pre-teen; then 3ish years ago my wife and I started a horse rescue & I have interacted with them daily since.

My wife "gets" horses & they respond very well to her, though she "gets" most animals as well... a touch of psychological profiling, a dash of intuition (or a bucket load for her), being authentic and grounded and persistent are about all one needs to successfully and quickly bond with a horse. From there you just figure out how that particular horse communicates, horses love a job, a place in the herd working with that in mind helps a lot too.

My interactions were at first solely with abused or injured horses, but all the mares came to us pregnant so we soon had babies running around.

This group was born in a prolonged drought (no rain for months) & had never seen standing water aside from the watering troughs and buckets we give them.They are super expressive, but it's very subtle.. the cant and timing of ear movements, the "softness" of their eyes (how relaxed or tense they are basically) & body posture; watching these guys explore water for the first time was a lot of fun:

we have 3 families with disabled children that spend time with us (once a week, or once a month depending on the family); those kids really respond positively to the experience & seem to enjoy the simpler form of communication that is required with horses.

we are going to try and expand this a bit more, but it's very time consuming so that might not happen for a while.

If anyone ever travels to the USVI and want's to spend some time with horses feel free to contact us; they really are amazing animals. I think everyone should "join up" with a horse at least once in their life; it's a very cool experience.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

33. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

anandacate (5th January 2018), Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Bob (23rd December 2017), Constance (1st January 2016), Ewan (1st January 2016), Fairy Friend (1st January 2016), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Matt P (1st January 2016), Meggings (2nd January 2016), NancyV (2nd January 2016), Olam (1st January 2016), Orph (1st January 2016), Shannon (2nd January 2016), Sierra (1st January 2016), Sir Eltor (1st January 2016), Spirithorse (2nd January 2016), Stephanie (2nd January 2016)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

I used to live near Los Altos, where a friend and I boarded our horses. It was hilly, with trails, open fields, orchards, and a ring for jumping. I don't know if the area is still good for horses. I know the green fields stepping down to Palo Alto from the hills to the west where small horse herds used to roam, were filled up with Silicon Valley company divisions before I left the area.

I was riding my friend's Appaloosa, Leon, so intelligent with very strong opinions. We're walking up a road, and Leon tells me I want to leave the road, and go straight up the hill. Well, that hill of loose dirt was a steep hill, at least a 70 degree slant. I was feeling very doubtful, and we argued awhile before giving him his head.

He had so much fun exerting his muscles to get up the hill. .

I still feel bananas, as if I'm making stuff up when I remember conversations like this. But they are real, so much joy comes with the memory.

My horse Dante, didn't talk to me like this. He was a palomino Morgan-thoroughbred, with a huge curved neck, big chest, a very short back, so he looked all legs, a big guy. The shape of his withers meant he needed a custom made saddle which I could not afford, so I rode him with only a pad. I'd take him to the nearest dirt hill, a half mile away, and run him straight up the incline to get his ya yas out. Then we'd come down and stroll through the orchard, him whuffing and nagging at me to get on with shelling the apricots I was picking off the trees for him. But because I was cautious with him, he was not able to communicate with me. Leon's barrel was small enough I could really grip with my legs.

Not that they both didn't throw me off once each lol. My fault, not paying attention.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Constance (2nd January 2016), Hervé (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Matt P (2nd January 2016), Orph (2nd January 2016), Shannon (2nd January 2016), Spirithorse (2nd January 2016)

36. Link to Post #20
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 1,211 posts

Mpennery, thank you ...what an inspiring and beautiful story you shared with us. I teared up a bit reading it and thinking about the bonds I've made with horses and animals...it didn't help that I looked very similar to your daughter at her age too!

Very cool, horses are amazing.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Bluegreen (2nd January 2016), Constance (2nd January 2016), Hym (2nd January 2016), Matt P (2nd January 2016), Sierra (2nd January 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast