+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks.org domain killed

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Default WikiLeaks.org domain killed

Quote WikiLeaks.org domain killed by US everydns.net after claimed mass attacks KEEP US STRONG
    http://twitter.com/wikileaks

http://news.oneindia.in/2010/11/30/u...be-begins.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ack-China.html

Quote The WikiLeaks website today said that it was under a forceful internet-based attack with the site inaccessible to users in U.S. and Europe.

The site, which just distributed a trove of U.S. diplomatic documents, said in a Twitter message on that it is under a 'distributed denial of service attack,' a method commonly used by hackers to slow down or bring down sites.

WikiLeaks was also under attack on Sunday - but the latest assault - believed to come from China - appears to be more powerful.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/wikileaks-si...-339307752.htm

Quote The Domain Name Servers (DNS) of Wikileaks.org and Cablegate.org have been erased in a move that may torpedo efforts to access the websites .The websites can still be accessed via their IP addresses, http://88.80.13.160/ and http://204.236.131.131/ respectively, according to a Wikileaks list of IP address mirrors. Alternatives are also on the mirror site.
    Last edited by astrid; 3rd December 2010 at 07:41.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: WikiLeaks.org domain killed

This from Aus...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...03/3084384.htm

Quote The WikiLeaks website has been shutdown worldwide, as British media reports Scotland Yard could arrest the site's founder Julian Assange as early as tomorrow.

WikiLeaks says servers in the United States have killed the site's domain name following "mass attacks".

The domain hosting withdrawal means the website is down worldwide. Earlier this week Amazon booted WikiLeaks from its servers.

Mr Assange's website this week released more than 250,000 secret US diplomatic cables, which has left governments around the world scrambling to deal with the fallout.

Prosecutors in Sweden want to question Mr Assange over alleged sex crimes involving two women during a visit to Stockholm in August.

Mr Assange, who was born in Australia, has not been charged and he denies the allegations.

He reportedly avoided arrest this week because Swedish authorities had filled out an Interpol red notice incorrectly.

Britain's Independent newspaper reports that police know Mr Assange's whereabouts in England and are expected to arrest him in the coming days.

Mr Assange's Stockholm-based lawyer Bjoern Hurtig says he will fight his client's extradition to Sweden in the event of his arrest.

"Together with my British colleague Mark Stephens and international experts, we will fight the extradition warrants," he said.

A WikiLeaks spokesman says Mr Assange has to remain out of the public eye because he is facing assassination threats following the whistleblowing website's publication of the secret cables.

Several US senators have also called for him to be charged with espionage.

Senator Dianne Feinstein says the leak is a serious breach of national security and action must be taken.

"We have reviewed the espionage statutes and we believe it qualifies," she said.

"That this, allowed to be carried out, incapacitates this nation to carry out business."
    ~ Plato

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/inn...+International

WikiLeaks now storing files in 'James Bond' bunker

Quote (CNN) -- Amazon dumped the controversial site WikiLeaks from its computer servers on Wednesday.

But WikiLeaks, which is known for publishing state secrets, apparently has found a new home for its files: A Cold War bunker, inside a Swedish mountain, that's been described as fit for a "James Bond" movie.

A company called Bahnhof is hosting the WikiLeaks site from a literal cave inside White Mountain, near Stockholm, Sweden, according to news reports from Forbes, The Associated Press, and the Norwegian news website VG Nett.

The MIT Technology Review, where we spotted this story, describes the situation this way:

"If Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is trying to turn himself into a Bond villain, he's succeeded: the ongoing distributed denial of service attack against Wikileaks has forced his minions to move the site to a fortified data center encased in a cold war-era, nuke-proof bunker encased in bedrock. Really."

Forbes has further details about the storage site:

"That data center will store Wikileaks' data 30 meters below ground inside a Cold-War-era nuclear bunker carved out of a large rock hill in downtown Stockholm. The server farm has a single entrance and is outfitted by half-meter thick metal doors and backup generators pulled from German submarines --fitting safeguards, perhaps."
    http://www.technologyreview.com/blog...s/26095/?p1=A4

Last edited by astrid; 3rd December 2010 at 08:05.
    ~ Plato

4. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Corncrake (3rd December 2010)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

Haha, I live some 500 meters from that data "bunker".
    The "white mountain" is actally two hills inside Stockholm citys southern part. Named Vita bergen, its like a park with a church on top of the largest hill. I walk through this area with my kids every day. Funny, tell me if you want specific pictures or something ;-)
    Last edited by Metaphor; 3rd December 2010 at 08:31.

6. Link to Post #5
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

nothing like advertising where you are going to be - lol.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Yeah , was thinking the same thing W, assuming of course this info is correct, which of course we can't, i mean "White Mountain" could be just a decoy.

I thought the "insurance policy" was an interesting twist. At least hes giving TPTW a run around, now its thier turn to get distracted.....
    ~ Plato

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,486 times in 420 posts

It could all just be an agreement between Bahnhof and wikileaks; Bahnhof provides the decoy and Wikileaks provide them with unlimitied commercialtime worldwide. What could be better for a small independent serverprovider than to get lots of attention like this. Wiki also really needs a smokescreen. Talking about smokescreens, this place spews out large amounts of fog from on the street (the old cave must be very humid, and originally not a suitable place for servers) from two tubes over the front door . What a metaphor for my statement above :-)

9. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Hmmmm... well there u go, smoke screens indeed. These days its all about reading between the lines and not on them........

I wonder if there is even a secret stash, of stashed secrets??
    I mean just that threat alone, given what might be possibly in it, would have ALOT of Government criminals very, very on edge.
    Last edited by astrid; 3rd December 2010 at 10:14.
    ~ Plato

10. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: WikiLeaks.org domain killed

Hi Everybody,

I'm sure that Assange will be sending 'chapters' of his recent information to his registered members by e-mail and they will get the word out. For sure he would have made a backup of his site on a computer somewhere and I'm also sure that his lawyers, or some other confidente, will have the rest of the information, especially of the finacial institution, which will be published, if anything should happen to him.

It shows that he is putting the squeeze on the big boys in the US and, to some extent, giving reason for other nations to distance themselves from the country. Just look at what Putin said about the US keeping its' nose out of Russian internal affairs. It's only now that I'm really feeling a little tension in the global air. Soon will be payback time.

Best regards,

Steve

11. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

How many "alleged" sex criminals are on the run internationally, how many interpol arrest warrants for said "alleged" criminals are there ?

Why are these two numbers not equal ?

It is as clear as dogs balls that there is something fishy going on.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

12. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,176 times in 8,187 posts

Quote Posted by steve_a (here)

It's only now that I'm really feeling a little tension in the global air. Soon will be payback time.
    This is where the national gloves come off for an 'international' meltdown. Diplomatic discretion has long been the grease that kept multiple nation states with opposing interests ( obviously ) getting along with each other and 'on script'. As the population's eyeballs protrude more and more from their sockets the defensive aggression will build in readiness for a global fireworks show.

Guess who's going to break up the fight?
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

13. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...assange-online

WikiLeaks cables: Live Q&A with Julian Assange

Quote The founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, will be live online from 1pm today to answer readers' questions about the release of more than 250,000 US diplomatic cables WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is at the centre of intense media speculation and a hate campaign against him in America, following the leak of 250,000 US diplomatic cables.

He will be live online to answer Guardian readers' questions at 1pm today, subject to his access to an internet connection - which is very much a live issue. His online interview comes at the end of a week of shocking revelations from the cables and on a day when WikiLeaks has been fighting US attempts to take its website down.

Assange will answer your questions in the comments section below. From 1pm you will need to navigate to the latest comments for his replies.
    ~ Plato

14. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/inte...bles-wikileaks

US embassy cables: browse the database

An interactive guide from the UK Guardian to discover what has been revealed in the leak of 250,000 US diplomatic cables by the Guardian.
    ~ Plato

15. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Last edited by Banshee; 16th January 2011 at 19:56.

16. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Last edited by Banshee; 16th January 2011 at 19:55.

17. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

I just checked and this
    http://wikileaks.ch/
    comes up for me, just fine.

18. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,808 times in 2,892 posts

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at wikileaks.ch.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

19. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Are dog's balls fishy ?

Wow.. you learn something new every day !

I love this... it's twist and counter twist. Like the UFO photos that are too good to be true.. the swingometer passes between this being a government op.. or genuine ! What is the most likely outcome, for us to beleive this is a real, genuine 'leak' ? Will the guy have to be arrested and imprisoned ? Or is that only furhter evidence of it being government issue ?

Gosh.. we still don't know about Lee Harvey Oswald , do we ? So how will we ever know about dear old Julian ?

My take.. and those of you who know me long enough will know doubt wince to my broken record.... you can't know anything you read is truth.. only that which you experience yourself personally... This is one of my favourite stories lately, but even I'm thinking... nope.. the garden/dishes/life's wish... are still more important than this.

Fine if you need a distraction from your otherwise *** life (Insert own adjective there). But we ain't ever going to know for sure what is going on.....

K

20. Link to Post #19
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

But surely Kula it is not profitable to retreat into the isolation of the self believing that one cannot possibly discern any truth through discourse with others but rather one must rely on one's own intuitive sense of what is going on?

I think it is possible on some level to collectively arrive at a larger view that transcends the individual through communication media ...... while not suspending healthy skepticism and critical thinking through a balance between the so-called opposite ways of knowing, that is the intuitive and the 'rational.'

It IS possible to sift through the blizzard of information/disinformation and discern nuggets of truth.............even by noting what is NOT said, or those against whom suddenly enormous forces are directed against (the J. Assange/Wikileaks vs. TPTB spectacle now unfolding.)

The fact that so many enormous forces now appear to be aligned AGAINST this particular band width should tell us something, and that is not merely a subjective truth discerned by me, but something that transcends me, you, and others leading us in the direction of a TRUTH.

21. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 times in 390 posts

Shadow stalker. This pic is 2 minutes old @ 12:06 PST

It might be that your provider is cooperating by messing with their DNS server entries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast