+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aspartame Made by GMO E Coli Defecation

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

Default Aspartame Made by GMO E Coli Defecation

deleted---
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 19:12.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

astridmari (6th January 2016), Awakening2014 (5th January 2016), BMJ (6th January 2016), Calz (5th January 2016), Constance (5th January 2016), craig mitchell (6th January 2016), genevieve (6th January 2016), Matt P (5th January 2016), Pam (6th January 2016), seah (6th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016), zythlar (5th January 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Default Re: Aspartame Made by GMO E Coli Defecation

The first genetically modified drug was insulin produced by GM E. Coli. The E. Coli express a protein (insulin is both a protein and a hormone) and it is excreted, some could say defecated, out of the organism. Prior to this those with Diabetes would need to get insulin extracted from pigs or dead humans. The average age of a person with Type 1 (does not produce insulin) was very low before this technology came out.

Since then E. Coli has been used to make a wide range of compounds by inserting genes into the organism. Aspartame is just one of many. Whether made from a lab or made from E. Coli poop is irrelevant IMO.

Anyway, I don't like fake sugars either but not because it was made by a GM organism.
    (Insert signature here)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Art (7th January 2016), DeDukshyn (6th January 2016), Pam (6th January 2016), seko (6th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

deleted---

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (5th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

You misunderstood my post. I agree that aspartame is bad. I disagree with your vilification of the process but I understand that many think that anything Genetically Modified is bad. We've been modifying genetics for thousands of years though. Traditional plant breeding is a form of genetic engineering done with selection and cross breeding.

Anyway sorry for derailing the topic a bit.
    (Insert signature here)

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Flash (6th January 2016), Pam (6th January 2016), seko (6th January 2016), Sunny-side-up (5th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I'd like to note that I wrote this post below without reading a single post in this thread ... I have read most posts since.

Just to comment on "ecoli defecation" and similar terms. Using the term "defecation" to connote some sort of evil process is ignorant. People like myself know that without bacterial and fungal "defecation", as it is put, most of you would die or get very sick. It is a natural process of chemical conversion. The trillions of microbiota in your gut, that which makes up your gut flora, has been harvested by your body in order to receive "bacterial defecation". In this "defecation", are many of the nutrients that your body either cannot make or it is a difficult process for your body to make, and thus why your body harvest these microbes in the first place. It's a natural process of conversion, that has many places in a healthy adult. So to generalize the processing of any chemical from one form to another by microbes in the same tune as an animal "****ting" is ignorant, and inaccurate, and is only there to give you an emotional attachment on which the hope is to sway your thinking.

I generally avoid all articles and posts that indicate such "marketing" terms as it indicates to me a lack of education on the topic by the one trying to make a point. Sorry Omni - you are my friend, but that's the way it is I am afraid.

Note, thinking that I am defending the product Aspartame in any way would be presumptuous and also ignorant ... I am not defending Aspartame - that **** is bad enough on it's own with the facts at hand - emotional "marketing" is only distracting from the point, from my perspective.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 6th January 2016 at 03:11.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Flash (6th January 2016), Octavusprime (6th January 2016), Pam (6th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,704 times in 8,941 posts

And penicillin is made with female horses pee. So what?

And artificial vanilla flavor with beaver anal oil, it seems.

My co members here are right Omni. The process in which aspartame is made brings nothing to the discussion. Why not telling us instead why aspartame is so bad?

Quote Posted by Omniverse (here)
    Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)
    The first genetically modified drug was insulin produced by GM E. Coli. The E. Coli express a protein (insulin is both a protein and a hormone) and it is excreted, some could say defecated, out of the organism. Prior to this those with Diabetes would need to get insulin extracted from pigs or dead humans. The average age of a person with Type 1 (does not produce insulin) was very low before this technology came out.

Since then E. Coli has been used to make a wide range of compounds by inserting genes into the organism. Aspartame is just one of many. Whether made from a lab or made from E. Coli poop is irrelevant IMO.

Anyway, I don't like fake sugars either but not because it was made by a GM organism.
    In my view extreme illnesses are a bit different than mass consuming a virus' product(however you'd like to look at it). I would even inject cobra venom in the right circumstance(if the science was correct). Even venoms have cure purposes. That doesn't mean you should consume a quart of product with them in it a day.

Lots of reasons to not use these products. If you think it's an all peachy product, that's fine but I disagree. My entire body revolts when I drink this stuff. I trust my body more than crappy if not 100% evil/corrupted FDA science personally... I'm not sure anything Monsanto produced/produces is at all good for mankind.

Just because ecoli can be used to produce some sort of extreme drug that is somewhat effective for a very extreme condition doesn't mean all variants of it are fine for mass consumption....
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th January 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

You can't patent nature so they "fake the funk, with funk. (say that 3 times fast)LOL
    Go natural people, its the only way to "live." Sure the fast food is fast, but it also speeds your entrance into the grave. Brain foggy, it's the coke.
    Autistic over weight child, it's the coke. Women pregnant drank diet cokes thinking they could check their weight, but they were toxifying their unborn, and the corporations never said a word, just stuck it in the soda, like they stick livestock with vaccines. Dumb animals are all we'll ever be to them.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Omni (6th January 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Nobody's knocking what it is, just that they "hide" the cons of the product. Being retarded or stunting learning ability is a big no, no in my book. It's puts people on the lower income brackets because they cannot learn as others.
    WE all know it was started out for the good, but ended up with the bad. No need to call other's experience with it, ignorance. Free thinking and all that. Either way we can all agree that labels and possibilities of risks, must be included to seek out possible symptoms or signs, if something is going wrong. Sometimes "Can'tDoRight" really just can't do right.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Omni (6th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

I’ve seen this assertion all over the internet. Louis Pasteur must be turning over in his grave! Bacteria do not produce feces as we know it. They do excrete by-products of their metabolism such as carbon dioxide, however, At the heart of your question is the use of bacteria or other microorganisms to produce food ingredients, including aspartame.

It would be hard for us to find much to eat without microorganisms. Bacteria, fungi and algae—all have been used in food production for a long time, even before humans knew why their role was so critical. They are used to make hundreds of the foods we eat, including bread, yogurt, wine, beer, cheese, vinegar, meats, chocolate, coffee, tea, tofu, ice cream, mayo, fish, sausage, pickles, olives, butter, juices, some vitamins and other supplements, and many, many more.

The roles of these microorganisms in food production are varied. They can be used to improve nutritional value (some essential nutrients added to breakfast cereal are produced by bacteria), for fermentation (beer is brewed with yeast and/or bacteria), to add taste or flavors (ice cream, margarine, jelly; this is also yeast’s role in bread making in addition to leavening and gluten production), to thicken, emulsify or stabilize food (e.g., bread, chewing gum, soft drinks, peanut butter, cakes, frozen desserts, sauces, mayo, even toothpaste, although I haven’t eaten that in a long time). These microorganisms can be GM or non GM.

This “excrement” or “fecal matter” is really just proteins made based on modified DNA. Or as stated in the 1981 patent.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 6th January 2016 at 15:47.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Flash (6th January 2016), Omni (6th January 2016), william r sanford72 (6th January 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

deleted---

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

It has nothing to do with not wanting to know what we consume. Precisely, we want to know what we consume and WHY IT IS BAD FOR US.

The process you are describing have been hijack by aspartame manufacturer, but it is a nature's process to start with. And a necessary one for our own health. This process should not be condemn, because if you do so, you propagate ignorance of the natural processes we live with on a daily basis. Wanting everyone not to have bacterias output is pushing the unaware and the masses who know little about biology to stop natural process and to make them really sick in the long run.

This is counter productive to your intent Omni.

I can't believe you are not seeing this and keep wanting to be right on that one.

Please, talk about aspartame instead, this is THE killer, not the bacterias output per se, but the way it has been used by corporations.

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    And penicillin is made with female horses pee. So what?

And artificial vanilla flavor with beaver anal oil, it seems.

My co members here are right Omni. The process in which aspartame is made brings nothing to the discussion. Why not telling us instead why aspartame is so bad?
    And all the other points were bad? I wouldn't want to consume beaver anal oil, that's for sure. I guess I was wrong in thinking people would like to know what they are consuming? According to the info, the patent says it is such. If you think society should concoct a bunch of nightmare substances from a bunch of horrible animal products that is your own choice. Don't vilify me for finding it disgusting and pertinent information. I guess people discussing what mcdonalds puts in their food is a moot point too?

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)
    You misunderstood my post. I agree that aspartame is bad. I disagree with your vilification of the process but I understand that many think that anything Genetically Modified is bad. We've been modifying genetics for thousands of years though. Traditional plant breeding is a form of genetic engineering done with selection and cross breeding.

Anyway sorry for derailing the topic a bit.
    Cross breeding is very different than going in and editing the genetic structure of something in a lab. I think it's overly assumptive to think we can change any genetic thing we want without repercussions. I do not think genetics work that way honestly.

I also think it's possible malicious elements could be done with GMO, making some of it worse than others...

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

deleted---

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

No, I am not promoting crooked use of nature.

The previous post Omni were condemning the process. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG. The process should not be condemned, it is natural, but the bad use of it should, the GMO making should. You are confusing both. Ahhhh!

As for beaver anal oil, you have already eaten it without knowing if you ate vanilla yougourt or ice cream.

And i do not care if Wikipedia says it is bacterial feces, this is wrong way of putting it and destructive anyhow. Why perpetuating it?

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    It has nothing to do with not wanting to know what we consume. Precisely, we want to know what we consume and WHY IT IS BAD FOR US.

The process you are describing have been hijack by aspartame manufacturer, but it is a nature's process to start with. And a necessary one for our own health. This process should not be condemn, because if you do so, you propagate ignorance of the natural processes we live with on a daily basis. Wanting everyone not to have bacterias output is pushing the unaware and the masses who know little about biology to stop natural process and to make them really sick in the long run.

This is counter productive to your intent Omni.

I can't believe you are not seeing this and keep wanting to be right on that one.

Please, talk about aspartame instead, this is THE killer, not the bacterias output per se, but the way it has been used by corporations.
    Well countless sources including googles official description has aspartame as GMO Ecoli feces. Are you serious flash? You would consume beaver anal oil and don't think it's something to be avoided? You don't think it's reasonable to bring to people's attention what they are consuming? The title of the OP was like 5% of the entire points, and it's as if the title is all of what people read...

I never said all bacteria is bad. I've posted that anti-bacterial soap can be negative in a similar post to this OP. You are adding your own meaning to my words. If you think it's A-ok to consume waste product or whatever it's scientifically called of GMO Ecoli, made by the same assholes trying to depopulate and autistic the world, suit yourself.
    Last edited by Flash; 6th January 2016 at 16:43.

23. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

deleted---
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 19:13.

24. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

a little off topic..honey is produced in a bees belly after its consumed/extracted from a flower and after it hits the bees belly a enzyme in the bees gut alters it a bit and then taken back to the hive and basicly puked back up for later consumption..Honey is bee puke....in laymen terms.

Aspartame is consumed by millions and there is mucho data on how bad it is for us....
    back to topic....
    TRUTH and BALANCE

25. The Following User Says Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Octavusprime (7th January 2016)

26. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Liquid Protein is squeezed out of the nipples of the Bos taurus, it is then sold to YOU as MILK!

Sounds ridiculous right?

GMO has done some good things and not all things GMO are created by Monsanto. If you know someone over the age of 30 with Type 1 diabetes then you can thank GMO E. Coli excretions.

Genetic manipulation by Selection, cross-breeding or genetic engineering has essentially the same outcome. You are influencing the genetic code of a species to produce a desired outcome. Coding some DNA from a Hippo into a tomato plant is only going to cause the tomato plant to express different proteins. You will not make a mutant Hippo that spouts red fruit when it gets angry. Can genetic engineering be used irresponsibly or dangerously? Sure but so can many technologies used by man (Internet, nuclear science, rocket technology, etc.). I don't think it is necessarily the technologies fault that man is not perfect.

So as a person who has studied genetics it rubs me wrong when you demonize a technology that has some really amazing applications. Each GMO should be measured by it's own merit and rigorously tested for safety and efficacy. I know Monsanto has not been the best ambassador of this technology but there are some amazing companies out there trying to do amazing things.

Just a few that might not be so bad:

Pollution fighting trees - Engineered to increased CO2 sequestration
    Malaria fighting fungus - Engineered to reduces malaria producing parasites in mosquitos
    Bio-fuel producing algae - Engineered to create biofuel in huge tanks to reduce oil dependency
    Genetic editing to cure leukemia - Genetically modified immune cells to save lives
    Vitamin A Rice - Rice engineered to produce Vitamin A to fight nutrient deficiency in poor nations
    (Insert signature here)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

william r sanford72 (7th January 2016)

+ Reply to Thread