+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 3 12 LastLast

Thread: The Problems with Facebook

1. Link to Post #41
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: The Problems with Facebook

Hi , I read this discussion with interest and would like to contribute my thoughts. (Be warned accompanied by a little serious tone )

Do we want to change the world? To only see the immediate layer is no longer enough in a world that is laying on it's side and going towards other's desire for control - (fast).

We, the humans who have greater awarness have also greater saying with our choices because of consciousness and our potentiality to understand what our fellow humans don't yet see. It is in this way that we are made to 'give our agreement' and confirmation imprint with our participation and putting our energy into things, I believe these matters are being observed and reviewed to see the level of our maturity from many factors out there and may very well determind our fate (Yes, I know it's only a Facebook discussion not a world wide dilemma.. but it all connects : ) So to help the system to promote the 'digital relationship' over the human's one towards obvious outcome of control may pretty much happen to be something that will be incredibly difficult to turn over, if at all.

Much is said about the general population cooperating and participating in their own enslavement, from simple use of identifying card in public transportation to giving their finger print in order to recieve a package delivered to them (yes, this is already happening)

Those in the know, know how to get our consent, and it seems we do provide this sometimes on those small 'necessities' like Facebook and the like with sheer enthusiasm. A sincere help can't be given as we are stamping on this package with our both hands..

I hope it is possible for us to speak under terms of spiritual honesty even in these days and times. Perheps the well intentioned Facebook supporters here do not get down into the bottom of meaning of this participation, the meaning of giving our CONSENT for the system to bypass us while using our 'own satisfaction' in every day life choices. Perheps we can't change the system, but we can either support it or not.

In relations to Zuckerberg I heard something yesterday - 'Some of the problems that are occuring in today's world is that there are humans who have become so clever in recieving ideas, following instructions, thinking erroneous that these are their ideas, that what they are doing originates with them, having no clues whatsoever that they are multidimensional puppets. where ideas are shot like errors in the dream state or the waking state and instructions are followed and carried out and the individual becomes wealthy.'

There is possibly nothing wrong with a kindergarten, but it does matter who is the teacher in charge

Times seems to encourage us to see through things and to move into new level of consciousness if we like to see beneficial change in the world

Blessings ~

Limor

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Atlas (8th January 2016), Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), Callista (8th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), Debra (8th January 2016), enfoldedblue (8th January 2016), Ewan (9th January 2016), exponentialist (9th January 2016), Flash (8th January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), moekatz (8th January 2016), norman (8th January 2016), onawah (8th January 2016), seko (1st February 2016), Sierra (10th January 2016), Sophocles (8th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), TargeT (8th January 2016), Verdilac (22nd January 2016), william r sanford72 (8th January 2016), wisky (2nd February 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

Limor Wolf says:

"There is possibly nothing wrong with a kindergarten, but it does matter who is the teacher in charge"

This is a brilliant statement, Limor Wolf!! Sums up the whole human experience on this planet!!

Thank you! (and thank you for expressing your thoughts so gently - I tend to be a bit more ascerbic and hence have made careful comments earlier)

much love
    Callista

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

Atlas (8th January 2016), Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), Ewan (9th January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Limor Wolf (8th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), norman (8th January 2016), seko (1st February 2016), Shannon (8th January 2016), Sierra (10th January 2016), Sophocles (8th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), TargeT (8th January 2016), Verdilac (22nd January 2016), william r sanford72 (8th January 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

The pre-buy for the Oculus Rift* CV1 (Consumer version One) went live on the 6th of January 2016, 8am PST.

(Oculus was bought personally by Zukerburg for $2B US) (meaning, he made his contacts and overtures in person)

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/

(one of many first oculus reviews)

Which means that this coming, er, fecal-storm... will be rocket and explosion propelled in such a environment as VR, as compared to the semi real world of facebook. Facebook is hampered by it's 'reality' control structure, ie the person is manipulating a keyboard interface with a form of a 'reality context.'

When the eye and brain/head motions and then the hands, all in their feedback loop, are interrupted by a VR interface, one that is effective (and the oculus rift IS effective in this task!!), well, we'll see....something different.

I saw this coming back in the early 90's, (the rise of computer based communication systems) the thought that ....what was coming.... was a interruption and insertion in the base reality of all people on the planet, individually.

What was coming was a fundamental disconnect and manipulation point for every individual biological interface. Every. All. Individually.

The Wachowski's gave it a name, a popularization and moniker, if you will. They called it 'The Matrix'.

The return shot was that individualism, in that floundering initial interface with the emergent, would have a window.

A window of opportunity to be as powerful in their individualism, as the fundamental components of the rising control structure. This, I saw clearly, by 1992-93.

Then the Buddhist (and other) thoughts on the matter, which is that you are already ensconced in a matrix, and VR would make it recursive. (a second layer within the same)

The Oculus Rift and the VR environment is "Facebook stage II", or "Internet Stage III", if you will. Multiple consumer level high quality VR headset designs are concurrently emergent to the Oculus Rift. The Rift being seen as the spark/initiator/bell and spear tip point in the whole area of VR emergence.

Facebook is like touching the gas pedal and revving the engine a bit while floating between gear shifts, in comparison to the internet.... and the VR environment that is coming.

This places Facebook in the realm of being manipulative of conditions and symptoms, but not a fundamental. The Internet and VR are both more in the area of fundamentals.

(* The Initiator of the company, Palmer Luckey, called it 'the Rift', as he was aware that it would be a fully blown tear in society. A rift, if you will. It came to him at a stoplight, when he was driving his car, when trying to find a good name and descriptor for what he was about to try and create--a high quality consumer level VR interface. the oculus rift is that very thing. It exceeds all others, all pro level gear, by a good margin, in all ways [as a total sum value in comparison]. It is short in one area, and that is resolution [@1080Hx1200W per eye]. That will change by CV2 [second consumer version], which is about 2 years out)

(I don't do Facebook and I disallow any family members, friends or whatnot to share, include, write about or have images of me on Facebook)
    Last edited by Carmody; 31st January 2016 at 18:31.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

6. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Atlas (8th January 2016), Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), Chester (8th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), enfoldedblue (8th January 2016), Ewan (8th January 2016), exponentialist (9th January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Mark (8th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), nomadguy (9th January 2016), noprophet (10th January 2016), onawah (8th January 2016), Reinhard (8th January 2016), Richard S. (9th January 2016), Shannon (8th January 2016), Sierra (8th January 2016), skyflower (10th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), TargeT (8th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019), Violet (12th January 2016), william r sanford72 (8th January 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

The pre-buy for the Oculus Rift CV1 (Consumer version One) went live on the 6th of January 2016, 8am PST.
    For anyone for whom the post above zoomed over their head a little, this is what Carmody's talking about. (And this rather scary future is very nearly here )

(Note: this is certainly Facebook-relevant, but the whole coming VR [Virtual Reality] thing might also deserve a thread of its own.)

8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (8th January 2016), Callista (8th January 2016), Carmody (8th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), enfoldedblue (8th January 2016), Ewan (8th January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), onawah (8th January 2016), seko (1st February 2016), Shannon (8th January 2016), Sierra (8th January 2016), skyflower (10th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), TargeT (8th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019), william r sanford72 (8th January 2016)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,953 times in 2,389 posts

Thanks for that Carmody. I'm reminded of a story I came up with personally after watching The Matrix.

A brief synopsis: The main protaganist lived his life much like Neo, completely unaware of its virtual nature. Once we get used to watching him and get involved somewhat in his life the camera would blur and zoom out of screen to re-focus on a group of people watching him on a monitor. They're concerned, discussing how they can bring him out without mental damage. Turns out he was one of the original programmers of the VR world who had been the first to try an extended stay.

Now we are getting caught up in the new drama, how do they help him? They influence happenings that are just too strange, synchronicities, trying to trigger an 'awakening' etc. He notices them, and ponders for a moment or two but ultimately shakes off the feeling and continues his (unreal) life.

As this progresses the camera blur happens again and we zoom out to resolve on yet another level. Now these people, different, almost transparent, are discussing how interesting it is that their experiment, their creations, are re-creating the same story in their version of reality.

Level upon level upon level.

As I could never resolve a satisfactory ending though this is as far as it ever got.

Basically this new tech has the power to send asleep people even further into the labyrinth, can anyone see a power for good here?
    Last edited by Ewan; 8th January 2016 at 18:17. Reason: spelling

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th January 2016), Callista (9th January 2016), Carmody (8th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), earthdreamer (5th February 2016), Holly Lindin (22nd January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), moekatz (8th January 2016), Rex (9th January 2016), seko (1st February 2016), Shannon (8th January 2016), Sierra (8th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019), william r sanford72 (8th January 2016)

11. Link to Post #46
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,223 times in 940 posts

What a great posting Bill. I think the following video epitomizes the previous description given of Zuckerberg as a "tense peevish social misfit":

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), Flash (8th January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), nomadguy (9th January 2016), Savannah (11th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019), william r sanford72 (9th January 2016)

13. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Of the many things there are to dislike about ****erberg, was that his original "Facebook" was designed to place rankings based upon physical appearance on the young women with whom he attended school. As if his mug is something to write home about. Now ironically, he seeks to change the world based upon his ability to reproduce a child (wow, jerk, my goats do that too). Wonder how he would/will feel when someone judges his offspring based upon her physical characteristics. Sorry, ranting here.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), happyuk (9th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), TargeT (9th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019), william r sanford72 (9th January 2016)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Quote Posted by Limor Wolf (here)
    We, the humans who have greater awarness have also greater saying with our choices because of consciousness and our potentiality to understand what our fellow humans don't yet see. It is in this way that we are made to 'give our agreement' and confirmation imprint with our participation and putting our energy into things, I believe these matters are being observed and reviewed to see the level of our maturity from many factors out there and may very well determind our fate...

... Perheps the well intentioned Facebook supporters here do not get down into the bottom of meaning of this participation, the meaning of giving our CONSENT for the system to bypass us while using our 'own satisfaction' in every day life choices. Perheps we can't change the system, but we can either support it or not. ...

... There is possibly nothing wrong with a kindergarten, but it does matter who is the teacher in charge.
    Okay, so would an enlightened master use Facebook, or the internet, for that matter?- Probably not, but I don’t see that decision arising out of conscientious objection to an ultimately dehumanizing force. For beings who have attained that level of (enlightenment/awareness of connection to all that is) there simply would be no need. I, personally, am not there yet.

So then the questions become, is my use of Facebook and the internet 1- facilitating or impeding my own awakening, 2- does it tend to cause or alleviate the suffering of others, 3- could my time be better spent in other ways?

To the first question I'm certain that my heart is more open as a result of interactions I’ve had on FB and here than it otherwise would have been. To the second, it certainly has the potential to bring about much more good than harm, although that potential is largely unrealized as yet. To the third, I honestly don’t know, but until and unless I find better uses of my time, I imagine I’ll continue on my present course.

Does my use of Facebook give tacit consent to the imposition of a totalitarian control grid? Yep, but then so does walking down any street with a surveillance camera- hell, walking anywhere if you include satellites. Does it contribute to the dehumanization of relationships and consequently humanity in general? For me, the way I use it, not really (well, I don’t think so anyway). For the majority of users, probably yes.

As you said, we “are being observed and reviewed to see the level of our maturity”. Yep, that’s pretty much how I see it. If you’ve seen the film “2001: A Space Odyssey”, there’s a scene where a jubilant apeman throws a bone club into the air then segways into a scene of a spaceship in orbit. For me, the significance of this cut is that as soon as man evolved to the point of using even the most primitive technology, space flight, nuclear weapons and all the rest of it became an inevitability. That’s not, however, the end of the story. The current state of man is depicted as a transition from ape to star child. It’s only by passing through this technologically dependent transition that the next evolutionary step can be taken.

So, does the use of technology tend to dehumanize people? Yep. Does the use of technology tend to be addictive? Yep. Is technology in general then, bad? Nope. There are costs and benefits. How we choose to use any given technology determines whether or not the benefits outweigh the costs.

The teacher in charge of this particular kindergarden (from my perspective anyway) is God/the collective consciousness of the universe/my higher self (whatever you want to cal it). Today’s lesson is life on planet Earth in the 21st century- Mark Zuckerberg, Barack Obama, Kim Kardashian, Benjamin Fulford, Bill Ryan and all. Where you choose to focus your attention and how you interact with the other inhabitants of the environment will determine the content of your curriculum. Choose wisely.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

animovado (22nd January 2016), Bill Ryan (9th January 2016), DebJoy (14th January 2017), Dexter's_Lab (4th November 2018), Limor Wolf (9th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), sunpaw (10th January 2016), ulli (9th January 2016), william r sanford72 (9th January 2016)

17. Link to Post #49
    Retired
    Thanks

Hawkwind, I sincerely don't know any enlightened masters and can't say what any such beings do or not do with regards to Facebook ( if to be a little cheeky here, perheps any who may consider themselves in par with this title may have a few more hills left to climb on )

There is no deliberate intention to cast any blame or fault to anybody who decide to use this platform, Bill has shared his concern on this matter in a very neutral way. It does not kill anybody, but it does enslave, it does ask people by it's characteristics to waive on their privecy and much else as a preperation for a global slavery world. I think there are positive elements in everything, we can also talk about credit cards and how they make our lives so much easier, aren't they? yes, benefits can be found in Facebook and some will say in vaccinations as well, no argument here - it has to be built on a solid social foundations (the way we were conditioned to believe it needs to be..) to attract the masses to spend our time and (much more importantly) our energy on the thing.

There is a whole energetic game that is the real reality of our existance in this 3D/4th dimensional place and how things come to frutation (manifestation) that are based on 'being on others game', they don't mind or care if you don't understand it as long as you vote your own fate with your energy.. give your permission, issue unseen contracts, make vows, decide between two failed choices you are given etc. No move they want to make can be done without our direct consent and without our energetic participation. These understandings are sipping greatly now to many, as we continue to awaken to the different layers of how things are done, and these days many of us feel as a spiritual requirment, the need for immense cleansing, canceling cords of attachments and agreements we unkowingly made, recognising both the multidimensional and human involvement in such things and how it all works. That is the real emphasis behind "we are being observed and reviewed to see the level of our maturity” - many are now waiting to see if we understand..

Quote Originally posted by Hawkwind: "the use of technology tend to dehumanize people? Yep. Does the use of technology tend to be addictive? Yep. Is technology in general then, bad? Nope. There are costs and benefits. How we choose to use any given technology determines whether or not the benefits outweigh the costs."
    Interesting view, but seeing only the 'device' without considering the whole context and it's purpose has proven not beneficial along human history, and there are plenty of examples to that. We have only this one more chance to understand things and how it works..

This link and post on the Sovereign kees website - may be of great interest-

http://www.sovereignkees.com/

And yes, that is the level we may want to look at things if we care about our freedom, our evolvement requires us to decide very well where we put our energies and to what we give our consent.

Quote Originally posted by Hawkwind: "Today’s lesson is life on planet Earth in the 21st century- Mark Zuckerberg, Barack Obama, Kim Kardashian, Benjamin Fulford, Bill Ryan and all. Where you choose to focus your attention and how you interact with the other inhabitants of the environment will determine the content of your curriculum. Choose wisely."
    Yes, choose wisely

Blessings

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 9th January 2016 at 21:49.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2016), DebJoy (18th January 2017), Hawkwind (9th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), william r sanford72 (10th January 2016)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Here's a few things to consider as well.

Quote New Study Links Facebook To Depression: But Now We Actually Understand Why.
    The irony of Facebook is by now known to most. The “social” network has been linked to a surprising number of undesirable mental health consequences: Depression, low self-esteem, and bitter jealousy among them. Now, a new study in the Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology finds that not only do Facebook and depressive symptoms go hand-in-hand, but the mediating factor seems to be a well-established psychological phenomenon: “Social comparison.” That is, making comparisons, often between our most humdrum moments and our friends “highlight reels” – the vacation montages and cute baby pics – is what links Facebook time and depressive symptoms together. So is it time to cut down on Facebook? Maybe. Or maybe we should just adjust our attitude toward it.

In the new study from University of Houston, the researchers queried people about their Facebook use, how likely they were to make social comparisons (e.g., ”I always pay a lot of attention to how I do things compared with how others do things”), and how often they experienced depressive symptoms. It turned out that people who used Facebook more tended to have more depressive symptoms – but social comparison was a mediating factor only for men.

“It doesn’t mean Facebook causes depression, but that depressed feelings and lots of time on Facebook and comparing oneself to others tend to go hand in hand,” said study author and doctoral candidate Mai-Ly Steers.

The second part of the study went a little deeper. Previous, face-to-face research on social comparison had found that upward social comparisons (e.g., looking at someone more popular or attractive than yourself) tend to make people feel worse, whereas downward comparisons (comparing yourself to someone with lower grades than you) tend to make people feel better about themselves. The second part of the new study tried to tap into this difference, asking people exactly how they felt when they viewed other people’s posts (e.g., “Today, when I was on Facebook, I felt less confident about what I have achieved compared to other people.”).

It turned out that people who logged more Facebook time not only had more depressive symptoms, but that social comparison – in any direction – was the mediator, and for both sexes. In other words, it didn’t matter whether a person was making upward, downward, or neutral social comparison – they were all linked to a greater likelihood for depressive symptoms.So the study results may not be too surprising, but it does call out the mediating factor – making comparisons to your friends – in a new way. “Although other studies have established links between depressive symptoms and Facebook,” Steers says, “our study is the first of its kind to determine that the underlying mechanism between this association is social comparison. In other words, heavy Facebook users might be comparing themselves to their friends, which in turn, can make them feel more depressed.”

So should we all obliterate our Facebook accounts? It’s probably not totally necessary (although cutting down can’t hurt). Steers says the takeaway is larger than that – perhaps that our relationship with technology is often more nuanced than we think. For instance, as we’ve seen again and again, social networks aren’t purely social, and they may even veer into the realm of the anti-social.

“You should feel good after using Facebook,” says Steers. “However…the unintended consequence is that if you compare yourself to your Facebook friends’ ‘highlight reels,’ you may have a distorted view of their lives and feel that you don’t measure up to them, which can result in depressive symptoms. If you’re feeling bad rather than good after using Facebook excessively, it might be time to reevaluate and possibly step away from the keyboard.” She adds that people prone to depression may want to be aware of the connections, and think about how and when they log on to social media.

Steers also calls to mind Theodore Roosevelt’s belief that “Comparison is the thief of joy.” If that’s true (and science seems to confirm that it is), it may be partly up to us to try to stop making the comparisons between our dullest moments and our friends’ most momentous ones. And maybe our friends could keep in mind that life isn’t all about the highlight reel after all – and that it wouldn’t hurt to post about those quieter, less glamorous moments, too. That might actually go a long way in making people feel more connected, instead of just the opposite.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwa...nderstand-why/

Quote Is Facebook’s “Celebrate Pride” tool a lame psychological experiment?
    A few days ago, the US supreme court ruled that same-sex marriage was hence forth legal in all states. To mark the occasion, Facebook released the “Celebrate Pride” tool which overlays a low-opacity rainbow over your profile pic. More than a million people changed their profile photos just a couple of hours after the feature was integrated into the Facebook. While its intentions might seem noble, Cesar Hidalgo – an MIT network scientists – doesn’t buy it. He says it’s all in fact a huge social experiment whose end game is to see how long it takes for you to change your profile pic to something else.

“This is probably a Facebook experiment!” said the MIT network scientist Cesar Hidalgo on Facebook yesterday.
    “The question is, how long will it take for people to change their profile pictures back to normal.”
    Other researchers seem to have caught on as well.

“This is one Facebook study I want to be included in!” wrote Stacy Blasiola, a communications Ph.D. candidate at the University of Illinois, when she changed her profile.
    Facebook has denied the claim, however.

“This was not an experiment or test, but rather something that enables people to show their support of the LGBTQ community on Facebook. ”

“The point of this tool is not to get information about people.”
    That may be true, but it’s entirely plausible that the enormously valuable data Facebook gets to index after the whole Celebrate Pride movement fades away will be used to learn more about user behavior. Actually, Facebook will definitely use this information. The question is whether the company purposely put the tool forward with this particular goal in mind.

We might never learn, but it’s not like this is would be the first time Facebook did something like this. Only a couple of months ago Facebook actually published a study in which it analyzed the factors that predicted support for marriage equality on Facebook. Basically, the researchers looked at what prompted a user to change his or her profile photo to the red equals sign. The implications were much broader, though: it offered a great starting material to see how users rally on facebook and collective activity permeates the social network. That’s pretty powerful information. Just replace marriage equality with social unrest or political sympathy.

An important finding from the study was that users with more friends were more likely to change their profile pic to the equals sign. It wasn’t clear though whether this change of the profile pic was prompted by the exposure to more similar posts, given the user has more friends, or the user already had friends with similar views.

Nothing came close to the public outcry which ensued last year, though. It was revealed that Facebook intentionally manipulated the newsfeed of more than 700,000 users to basically toy with their emotions. The aim was to see if highlighting positive or negative posts could change the mood of the user. It did. People were more likely to post negative updates about their lives after positive posts in their Facebook feeds had been purposefully reduced by the researchers. No user was aware he was taking part in massive social experiment. Why act so surprised? Haven’t you read Facebook’s mile-long TOS? They’re legally allowed to do it.

Anyway, it’s not like this is something ground breaking in itself. Facebook is tracking your behavior based on what you like, browse or comment for ages, then uses this information to target better ads and, some say, sell it to companies. Some people have their whole lives up on facebook. Those are really worth a lot.
    http://www.zmescience.com/science/ps...riment-053453/
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th January 2016), Carmody (25th January 2016), DebJoy (18th January 2017), Dexter's_Lab (4th November 2018), earthdreamer (5th February 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Limor Wolf (10th January 2016), seko (1st February 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019), william r sanford72 (10th January 2016)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Quote Posted by Limor Wolf (here)
    We have only this one more chance to understand things and how it works..

This link and post on the Sovereign kees website - may be of great interest-

http://www.sovereignkees.com/
    Much of what you say and the information on the site you linked to rings true for me. I have a very hard time accepting that we have only this one more chance to understand things, however. Perhaps you're right, but that just hasn't been my experience with how the universe works. Moment to moment and day to day I try my best to do what seems right for me from my current level of understanding. The depth of which changes over time. For example, I first read the Tao Te Ching over 30 years ago, but it's not at all unusual for me to have an epiphany regarding a verse from it these days, "Oh, that's what that's referring to."

I can perfectly well understand why suffering, psychic pitfalls and energetic vampires exist along the path. They're all teachers and sign posts along the way. I can't, however, quite wrap my mind around why the universe might want us to incarnate on this planet at this time with the stipulation that we either figure it all out during this lifetime or become cosmic/karmic toast. I also can't imagine why any of us would have entered into such an agreement under those terms. It just doesn't feel right. I can also say that if it turns out I'm wrong about that, I'm likely to be really miffed at whoever set up the rules of this game. Does anyone have a link to customer support?

Blessings to you as well, my friend

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

DebJoy (18th January 2017), Limor Wolf (10th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), william r sanford72 (10th January 2016)

23. Link to Post #52
    Retired
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Hakwind:" I can also say that if it turns out I'm wrong about that, I'm likely to be really miffed at whoever set up the rules of this game. Does anyone have a link to customer support?"
    Hi Hawkwind, I think you may want to take a number, a good percentage of books from the National library near your home, the stockpile of food you stored for the whole of your neighborhood and join the line. We are searching for the adress via all satelites and technological means and will let you know

But in a more serious tone, the nature of our world may be different from what we think, we are only at the beginning of the discovery, and these discoveries seems to not only be limited to the 'white cells' of this body, but all may find that their role played so faithfully is not entirely their own intiative, but is the result of some other effect. Simliar to what you said -

Quote I try my best to do what seems right for me from my current level of understanding.
    I believe this seems to be true to everyone, no matter what 'godly creative powers' genetically or technologically they have. Freedom does not exist in the higher echelons, this understading may hit hard as consciousness now expands over the cosmos and we learn new things (if we want!) to the nature of this reality simulation which is sipping into all - even those who thought they 'are holding the secrets' for many years and confident as a stone they know it all.

A quest for freedom and avoidance of one's destruction depends on the ability to grant and respect the freedom of others. This chain is all so cleverly tied together

Breach others freedom and you breach your own, taking one piece at a time from yourself

Quote Originally posted by Hawkwind "I can perfectly well understand why suffering, psychic pitfalls and energetic vampires exist along the path"
    Yes, you become reliant on others energy and psychic means and lose your own back bone. Not quite the perfect long plan for longevity, is it? Nothing that can't be reversed forward should the clarity of this truth sips in. A different decision can always be taken. Stagination and habits not a good reciep

Anyway, I am sorry for moving away from the main subject, never am sure where the reply will lead me

Facebook or no Facebook, that's the question. The answer may be different to each and everyone. I think I know where I stand.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts

Many blessings to you back, Hawkwind and good near future decisions to us all ~

Limor
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 10th January 2016 at 09:13.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

DebJoy (18th January 2017), Hawkwind (10th January 2016), justntime2learn (10th January 2016), Stephanie (14th January 2016), william r sanford72 (10th January 2016)

25. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,989 times in 1,749 posts

I always think the term 'It Depends' covers so many human situations, and while it might be considered trite I think it all depends about Facebook. Intention is always behind the use of any tool or resource, and Facebook certainly can be used as a means to keep tabs on the global population, but the NSA, MI6, ASIO, and all the other alphabet agencies in different countries have access to everything they want in any case - Facebook is just another platform and online media, and it can be used in whatever way you wish. From a business point of view it enables doing business in a more 'human' way, engaging with people rather than pushing advertsing messages and narratives down their necks, it actually has a brilliant advertising platform built into it and enables you to target very precisely where your 'Dark Post' is directed. so it can be used as a means to communicate a variety of messages, from all kinds of groups, factions and merchants also. So yes, it can be insidious, and a big 'time suck' and it also wants too much information from you-but, you do not HAVE to give it - my own account reveals very little about me personally and I use the advertising system to direct what I need to, I am a professional Web Marketer, and this is but one of the platforms I use to help my clients. Of course we need to watch it, and be very wary, intentions vary so much!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

DebJoy (18th January 2017), Hawkwind (10th January 2016), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), william r sanford72 (10th January 2016)

27. Link to Post #54
    Retired
    Thanks

As new understandings come knocking at our doors (the sign of the great opportunity of our times!), the lesson of how our energy is being used and abused is not fun one to be discovered, but it also provides us with immense growth and learning curve as to how and where we give our energies, supporting others creations for us to all it's unpleasent facets, removing the schckles and blinds from our eyes and recognising where it all leads (despite the heavy conditioning, remember the experiment with the boiling water and the frog?). The choice is ours. Always.

Our energetic consent is given under this guises
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 10th January 2016 at 09:32.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

DebJoy (18th January 2017), Verdilac (22nd January 2016), william r sanford72 (10th January 2016)

29. Link to Post #55
    Mexico Avalon Member cuitlahuac's Avatar
    Thanks

I was put on Facebook jail for 3 days.

I started to distribute an article and video of Lisa Haven commenting on the Obama move to confiscate fire arms and the Oregon standoff of ranchers with BLM, placing them in the FB groups I'm part of. And FB told me "you are posting too fast", and I was suspended from posting in groups for 3 days. Also, the groups I had created were suspended for 3 days. I was in Facebook a "NO PERSON" for 3 days for defending the 2nd amendment, an I'm not even from the USA!

Facebook is the matrix in internet. An alternative must be found fast.

Lisa Haven is constantly put in Fb jail for her articles. She said every person trying to post on the Oregon standoff was suspended till saturday (yesterday).

David Icke has had his memes deleted too.
    Last edited by cuitlahuac; 11th January 2016 at 05:08.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuitlahuac For This Post:

DebJoy (18th January 2017), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), Verdilac (22nd January 2016)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Zuckerberg is often referred to as being “socially awkward” which is sometimes a nice euphemism for Asperger’s Disorder or for people on the Autism Spectrum. It is a sad fact that 1-2 children per 10,000 c are born Autistic (and that may be a very low estimate). The cause is controversial but many in the alternative community believe it is environmental and not genetic. Those with ASD have difficulty interpreting social cues, understanding emotion and may lack empathy for others and have restricted emotional capacity. Thus Zuckerberg is comfortable with the buffering the computer places between him and the world. He can be rude, crude and heartless because those are aspects of his personality. Unfortunately he has tapped into a large portion of the population who are neurologically just like him and thus the instant appeal of FB. Of course not everyone on FB is ASD and those who are neurologically typical, capable of normative forms of social interaction, like FB because it keeps them in touch with their grandchildren or is a vehicle for posting political views. Never the less Zuckerberg’s original intent was to find an alternate way to socially interact that did not rouse anxiety in him. It is a tragedy what is happening to human bodies and how the change in our bodies is changing our world. It may not take Hybrids long to change the world as well.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

DebJoy (18th January 2017), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

I use facebook to see pictures of my family as I live so far away I may never get an opportunity to meet with them. As I am old and they are young, it gives me an opportunity to give a little advice in a fun way. I think everyone knows the CIA is in on the deal and doesn't give a hoot. One way to revenge them is to choke them with rubbish if they are that petty. Facebook asked me not to friend people I did not actually know. Well that would be almost everyone. Even my CAT Tiger is still a mystery to me. Without intending it, I have become a hermit because life has given me adrenal exhaustion....I have already told God to stuff it! Reincarnation be damned. In revenge for posting some videos which information I thought should be shared, I moved one or two choice ones to my facebook page. In revenge, the operators of my page have allowed all sorts of people with all sorts of names to invade my page. Does someone know how to contact Facebook's customer service department? It seems that many of the people, family and their friends, using the sites to which I have access, are isolated, lonely, or bored with their locked in routine.

Thank you for the JOKE Bill, I had a very good long laugh which I needed.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

35. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 times in 241 posts

Quote Posted by cuitlahuac (here)
    I was put on Facebook jail for 3 days.

I started to distribute an article and video of Lisa Haven commenting on the Obama move to confiscate fire arms and the Oregon standoff of ranchers with BLM, placing them in the FB groups I'm part of. And FB told me "you are posting too fast", and I was suspended from posting in groups for 3 days. Also, the groups I had created were suspended for 3 days. I was in Facebook a "NO PERSON" for 3 days for defending the 2nd amendment, an I'm not even from the USA!

Facebook is the matrix in internet. An alternative must be found fast.

Lisa Haven is constantly put in Fb jail for her articles. She said every person trying to post on the Oregon standoff was suspended till saturday (yesterday).

David Icke has had his memes deleted too.
    Good point Cuitlahuac. Its the thought police from 1984

The System only has power over you, if you decide to use the System.

There is an alternative, we have it here to a certain extent, facebook in my humble opinion is a vapid interaction to a very great extent for most of the people that use it, the sad thing is most people just cant see it.
    Last edited by Verdilac; 22nd January 2016 at 01:30.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by Savannah (here)
    Zuckerberg is often referred to as being “socially awkward” which is sometimes a nice euphemism for Asperger’s Disorder or for people on the Autism Spectrum. It is a sad fact that 1-2 children per 10,000 c are born Autistic (and that may be a very low estimate). The cause is controversial but many in the alternative community believe it is environmental and not genetic. Those with ASD have difficulty interpreting social cues, understanding emotion and may lack empathy for others and have restricted emotional capacity. Thus Zuckerberg is comfortable with the buffering the computer places between him and the world. He can be rude, crude and heartless because those are aspects of his personality. Unfortunately he has tapped into a large portion of the population who are neurologically just like him and thus the instant appeal of FB. Of course not everyone on FB is ASD and those who are neurologically typical, capable of normative forms of social interaction, like FB because it keeps them in touch with their grandchildren or is a vehicle for posting political views. Never the less Zuckerberg’s original intent was to find an alternate way to socially interact that did not rouse anxiety in him. It is a tragedy what is happening to human bodies and how the change in our bodies is changing our world. It may not take Hybrids long to change the world as well.
    I do not know where you are from or your age, but your statistics on autims are waaaay waaaay off.

1-2 children born autistic per 10,000 was in the early 70's. It is now one in 60 in USA and some specialists think it will be on in two within 30 years.
    Last edited by Flash; 25th January 2016 at 22:53.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (25th January 2016), DebJoy (18th January 2017), Michelle Marie (25th January 2016), Savannah (30th January 2016), seko (1st February 2016), TargeT (26th January 2016)

39. Link to Post #60
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,506 times in 4,311 posts

Here's a fascinating and eye-opening discussion with Mind Control researcher Neil Sanders, which aired recently in the UK on Richplanet TV. Anyone interested in Facebook, or has concerns with Social Media in general, needs to check this out:

Neil Sanders returns to the show to talk about social media. Most people's internet use has changed over the last ten years with more and more time being spent using social media. Neil Sanders compares behavioural tendancies on social media sites with psychological experiments and mind adherence strategies explored in the 1960's. He explains that the conditions created during a Facebook session are very similar. Neil doubts that this is an accident and explains that the types of behaviour people are corralled into exhibiting is both damaging and probably deliberate. Is your Facebook profile more popular than the real you? Then you might be in a continuous loop of reward seeking and narcissism resulting in smiling depression. Have you ever stopped to think who the hell REALLY set all this up and why?

Parts 1 to 4.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Flash (25th January 2016), Omni (25th January 2016), Shannon (25th January 2016), TargeT (26th January 2016), Tintin (13th June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 3 12 LastLast