View Poll Results: Which practical method do you think is most likely to bring positive change to the world?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meditation

15 25.00%
  • Hacking computer systems

0 0%
  • Telling people about ET's

1 1.67%
  • Taking to the streets

0 0%
  • Not paying tax/registering to vote

3 5.00%
  • Posting on the internet

4 6.67%
  • Talking to people you meet

7 11.67%
  • Petitions/writing to representatives

0 0%
  • Revolution

6 10.00%
  • Other - please state concisely

24 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Which practical method do you think is most likely to bring positive change to the world?

1. Link to Post #41
    Great Britain Avalon Member samildamach's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 356 posts

Default Re: Which practical method do you think is most likely to bring positive change to the world?

I sincerely believe the world gets what we tell the universe we want by the power of are thoughts.energy goes were are thoughts are and create that reality.
    Experiments have been done and indicate change can be made with focused thought.could we organise such an experiment using the net and grow in numbers and use are positive thoughts and energy like an lance to a boil

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samildamach For This Post:

betoobig (11th January 2016), drneglector (13th January 2016), Pam (24th January 2016), Valley (11th January 2016), xbusymom (24th January 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Default Re: Which practical method do you think is most likely to bring positive change to the world?

This poll uses what we call in testing, Forced Choice, you are forced to choose one answer when in fact participants may have felt more than one answer was correct. It’s used because it forces you to choose the one you identify with the most. IMO what is most likely to bring positive change to the world is perhaps a process and not one specific action. IF and that is a big IF, there is any truth to the fact that the universe according to Dewy Larsen is moving toward the Galactic Center that would bring in more etheric energy, change may happen automatically and my perceptions on what actions are necessary would also change. Either way it seems that waking up to the reality of the Matrix and the higher self is the first stage of change. Change can occur through a personal event that can be facilitated by education, the internet, books, exposure to others protesting, traumatic or spiritual experiences to name a few. I thought I was awake only to realize I was just in another sub program of the matrix called the New Age. I think I might be awake now in this sub program called the truther movement, but I could be wrong. The second stage may be applying the change to your world view through action. That may be changing food choices, getting away from WiFi, meditating, how you spend your free time, what you now read and who you talk to. The last stage to me is when I start thinking I need to help others and change what I perceive as a destructive way of existing. I voted for Revolution, because I think the entire system, top to bottom is a corrupted mess. However I can’t say I’m firm on that answer yet. I would hope everyone wakes up and revolts as one. I want revolution but I’m grappling with the idea of imposing my will upon others. If I see a child being abused I feel I have a right to step in, even if the child does not accept my intrusion. The moral question is do I have the right to impose my beliefs on others and start a Revolution for people that do not want it because I believe it’s best for them?
    Last edited by Savannah; 11th January 2016 at 00:43.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

betoobig (11th January 2016), drneglector (13th January 2016), Joey (11th January 2016), Valley (11th January 2016), xbusymom (24th January 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

What "education" did in one generation:

The US Has Been Giving Afghan Children Violent Books to Indoctrinate them to Jihad – It Worked

By John Vibes on January 9, 2016

... the textbooks were published in the dominant Afghan languages of Dari and Pashtu and developed in the early 1980’s at a cost of $51 million.

The Unites States government has played a crucial role in the development of the complex and volatile political situation that now exists in the Middle East, and they have had a heavy hand in influencing the region since the first world war.

From propping up dictators to funding rebel groups for regime change, the U.S. and their allies have been creating monsters in the Middle East for generations. Western involvement in the region became more pronounced and more militarized during the Cold War, where the western allies and the Soviets fought proxy wars all over the world.

Afghanistan was one of the primary battlegrounds where these proxy wars took place, and at the time, the U.S. military was supplying militants in Afganistan with training and weapons to be used against the Soviets who also had political and strategic interests in the region.

The tactics used by the U.S. government extended far beyond traditional warfare and entered the realm of psychological warfare. From the Cold War period until very recently, the U.S. government spent millions of dollars supplying Afghan schoolchildren with propagandized textbooks that had violent images and militant jihadi teachings. The motive behind this propaganda was to actually radicalize the Afghan children so they would be more willing to fight against the Soviets when they got older.

According to the Washington Post, the textbooks were published in the dominant Afghan languages of Dari and Pashtu and developed in the early 1980’s at a cost of $51 million.

The schoolbooks were even approved by the Taliban because the teachings were not far off from their own worldview.

This propaganda effort was only made public after the U.S. government went to war in Afghanistan in 2002 and it was revealed through the media that the western curriculum being taught in Afghan schools was actually promoting jihad.

At the time, President Bush was forced to respond to the scandal, and he promised that the curriculum would be changed to reflect a more peaceful worldview. Bush promised that 10 million textbooks with updated curriculum would be sent to Afghan schools and he claimed that the new books would teach “respect for human dignity, instead of indoctrinating students with fanaticism and bigotry.”

Chris Brown, head of book revision for AID’s Central Asia Task Force admitted that the textbooks were initially designed as anti-soviet propaganda.

“I think we were perfectly happy to see these books trashing the Soviet Union,” Brown said.

Although, he added the ideas in the textbooks were updated for a new era.
    “We turned it from a wartime curriculum to a peacetime curriculum,” he said of the new books.

The textbooks had reportedly portrayed the society in Afghanistan of having a “warrior culture” that was destined to fight a holy war.

Ahmad Fahim Hakim, an Afghan teacher who is very familiar with the books explained that “The pictures [in] the texts are horrendous to school students, but the texts are even much worse.”

Many experts claim that these books are still in use today in Afghan schools, despite efforts from UNICEF to destroy them and replace them with their newer versions.

According to a recent report from the Post, Dana Burde, an assistant professor of international education at New York University, says the Taliban is reprinting and using old U.S.-sponsored jihadist books to influence children in areas where the militants still hold sway. Burde says she found multiple reprinted copies of some of the texts, including a 2011 edition in the Pakistani city of Peshawar.

As images of ISIS beheading their victims dressed in orange jumpsuits are plastered on televisions across the nation, and knowing that the US has been teaching this to children, hot air from the establishment decrying these acts rings hollow.

Any government who would use innocent children as pawns and teach them to become vicious killers, for their own personal gain, is far beyond criminal…it’s downright evil.
    Last edited by Hervé; 12th January 2016 at 21:26.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th January 2016), betoobig (13th January 2016), drneglector (13th January 2016), Matthew (12th January 2016), Pam (24th January 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

Ok this is my reason for voting about disclosure. Revolution only brings horror, crime, violence and death. We have spread education all throughout the world already. Writing to politicians - the very people who do the bidding of the masters in control is futile. Your anger or inspiration goes into a slush pile. Talking to people on the street is only spinning the story.

Disclosure of the secrets will bring people to their senses. Some will throw themselves out of a window or go mad but those who have an inner strength will gather forces of like minds. It is getting out of the illusion and being real and then drawing strategies for a whole new belief system.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

betoobig (13th January 2016), drneglector (13th January 2016), Matthew (12th January 2016), Pam (24th January 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

9. Link to Post #45
    Switzerland Avalon Member Ikarusion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lochinvar (here)
    According to the Art of War to defeat your enemy you need to identify them and disrupt their strategy.
    are you implying we need to wage war against an enemy to bring positive change to the world?
    ΓΝΩΘΙ ΣΑΥΤΟΝ
    Your ego is not your amigo (!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ikarusion For This Post:

betoobig (13th January 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

11. Link to Post #46
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ikarusion (here)
    According to the Art of War to defeat your enemy you need to identify them and disrupt their strategy.
    are you implying we need to wage war against an enemy to bring positive change to the world?
    I'm saying those that we let run the world are our enemies and we need to disrupt their strategy to beat them. I'd say violence isn't required.
    The problem is not disobedience the problem is obedience.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lochinvar For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), Ikarusion (13th January 2016), TargeT (13th January 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

I voted ''Others'' a few comments on the options suggested.

Meditation - if we want significant changes, we would need that the majority meditate on an established design of our ''would like to be society'', and then, it might make a few steps forward, but meditation is a personal thing, it could be collective if we want, be ready to participate, to continue on and on....

Hacking computer systems - unless we decide do hacking to make all computers on Earth be non-functionning, and then, what next..., and what would it achieve, and who will be responsible to aligned the results for a renewed society.

Telling people about ET's - hmm!, even if our Leaders tell of ET existence, then what come next?

Taking to the streets - take a big organization to gain momentum, but there is a need to established what is it to do...?

Not paying tax/registering to vote - if all the people of Earth who are under a somewhat taxed system, would do it all at one time, but do you imagine the synchronization it would need, then what...?

Posting on the internet - If all people of the Earth start posting in Public Forum such as Avalon, with a precise intent of changing Societies, it would have a longing effect, but it would need first of to know how to proceed with this idea...?

Talking to people you meet - Hmm!, it will take time, generations to move along!

Petitions/writing to representatives - this might do some good, but need an organization to have it moved hastily.

Revolution - Yes, but reconstruction, and operating bring the old pattern that we know of.

I voted ''others'' as I mentioned, and if we want change, we need to change ourself to a better me, hoping that others will do the same, with time, it might get to the mind of the wealthy, and maybe thing will change.

Or, the ultimate, we need somewhat a spark of energy coming from inside Earth or the Cosmos that would change one from an ego person to a loving one. And then, changed the way we do our everyday transactions, and our means of exchanges, get rid of religion, and start a new world where one would realized himself by helping another one evolved, then, we ''may'' be on an interesting tract.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Ikarusion (here)
    I'm saying those that we let run the world are our enemies and we need to disrupt their strategy to beat them. I'd say violence isn't required.
    Right now the most effective tactic that is being used against "us" is the restriction of energy; even with conventional methods energy should be much much cheaper world wide.

access to energy solves almost every issue faced by man.

Disrupting their strategy would be as simple as providing access to cheap or nearly free energy.

there are many other effective tactics being used against us.. but we gotta start somewhere eh?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), greybeard (13th January 2016), PurpleLama (13th January 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

17. Link to Post #49
    Language
    Flemish
    Thanks

Remain in agreement with Hervé on the importance of Education - personal education to be exact.

Also what Jane brings attention to is in some ways related:

Quote Posted by Jane Tripp (here)
    ...raising our own consciousness (which I believe provides the map for every individual's unique and personal journey into multi-dimensional consciousness and ultimate freedom through Love) and expressing love perhaps does more to impulse other people into greater awareness than anything else.
    While Rachel mentions;

Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    ...Whatever it is in your heart to do, it all makes for a better world.
    Many can find agreeable provided of course that hearts desire is not at the expense of another.

In following our true hearts desires, hopes, dreams with corresponding actions in our lives (living and acting as one truly wishes in freedom - free of fear); I understand at the very least a glimpse of multi-dimensional consciousness is very possible. Others offer meditation as a possible route to this - and they are other ways. One easy way is being genuine and living ones life passionately in what they believe is just and true (accepting nothing less). The rest will follow...and abundant love for everything will make its self known (words of description fail to articulate its truth). In this understanding; only beauty is envisioned and compelled to creation.

At least for me; someone may think otherwise
    (interest in personal education is not to be forgot; the initiator.)
    "The artist takes in the world, but instead of being oppressed by it, reworks it in their own personality and recreates it in the work of art"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karezza For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), Innocent Warrior (14th January 2016), TargeT (13th January 2016), Valley (13th January 2016)

19. Link to Post #50
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,540 times in 813 posts

My perception …. only mine.......

You cannot fix that which is not broken.
    This world is as it should be for a single learning experience of a short lived drama.

Whilst I disagree with the limits imposed upon a life, it is as it was intended for a single sojourn.

You created it to be this way …. you still do! Even in your thoughts of 'love and light'.

You have to know what you are, where you are and why you are.

You cannot change the nature of this place, as you created it to be this way, you could only create another dream to 'live' within, one with less harm but that would be an action of selfishness!

Address the 'loop' within the split of your mind.
    The part which is not you.
    Then your perception will be changed. Another selfish act.

Look at nature, around and inside you.

You only intended to come here once. How many times has it now been?
    Or maybe you like living in Dr Frankensteins Disney land for all of eternity?
    As they say “would you like fries with that?”.

Again ….... you cannot fix that which is not broken.
    Normal..!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lake For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,221 times in 554 posts

It's very clear to me that we have been 'trained' by a corrupted system to be very much 'divided' in our relations with one another... and that we would benefit greatly from becoming more unified in our thinking/actions... Which is already happening, especially in places like right here on Avalon... And I see a lot more potential here with us, as we continue to keep 'lifting the veils' of illusion and strengthening our healing hearts.

We may already be making a big difference in the world from right here on Avalon and not even realize it.

Keep on 'truckin'...
    Last edited by Valley; 14th January 2016 at 01:21.
    Be Flexible, In Body and Mind... Be Wise and Prize What You Find... Be Clear, No Fear to Blind... Be Nice, Think Twice, Be Kind

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valley For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), Deega (13th January 2016), Hervé (13th January 2016), Matthew (18th January 2016), Meggings (19th January 2016), TargeT (14th January 2016)

23. Link to Post #52
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,273 times in 1,132 posts

The world is a construct of consciousness. We have created it by looking at separation and fear, since where attention flows, energy goes.

The solution is for each one of us to raise our own frequency, reaching again and again towards embracing all as our other-selves.

To that end, it is more productive of good to place one's thoughts and feelings on beauty, nobility, joy, doing what good for others each day brings before us that we can do.

Samildamach spoke similarly in post 41 above. And Rachel spoke similarly saying do what is in your heart to do. And Valley in post 51 says: "...we have been 'trained' by a corrupted system to be 'divided'...continue to keep 'lifting the veils' of illusion and strengthening our healing hearts." And Jane Tripp says to raise our consciousness. Many others gave similar thoughts.

The power of our attention CREATES. We cannot focus on bad and get good.
    Focus on good to increase good.

Once you have satisfied yourself that there is mud, there comes a time you no longer need to muck about in the mud making yourself feel dirty. We cannot endlessly pick away at the evils in this world without feeding it our powerful energy.

We CAN lift ourselves and others by doing what comes our way to do - even if it is only a cheerful smile and a lifting up hand that raises another's spirits.

24. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Everybody loves and wants change, except for that, er, change part.

Risk yourself, a little bit. Every day.

Action and words.

As long as there appears to be no target, then people will never see it or rally to a cause.

Such a position requires a tremendous amount of control and infiltration of society and culture.

The problem, for the given elite... is that such a grip is by definition tenuous and always in danger of failure.... and involves strong controls.

Therefore, elitist command structure:

Rule number one, is never be visible, (which begets the next)

And two, seem as if they are everywhere,

And three, strike at problem areas with approrpriate speed and extreme prejudice.

And four, appear to be relaxed and in control to whomever may be watching.

It's a numbers game, it's a mind game.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), Eram (19th January 2016), Pam (24th January 2016), wisky (19th January 2016)

26. Link to Post #54
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

This is something we can help do. Ignore insane laws that say you cannot feed your brother - just as the Japanese man ignored the government saying he could not go back to the Fukushima zone to feed the abandoned animals and save their lives (which he has been doing for years now).

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Ok this is my reason for voting about disclosure. Revolution only brings horror, crime, violence and death. We have spread education all throughout the world already. Writing to politicians - the very people who do the bidding of the masters in control is futile. Your anger or inspiration goes into a slush pile. Talking to people on the street is only spinning the story.

Disclosure of the secrets will bring people to their senses. Some will throw themselves out of a window or go mad but those who have an inner strength will gather forces of like minds. It is getting out of the illusion and being real and then drawing strategies for a whole new belief system.

You pose a very good argument for disclosure bettye198. It's going to take some very tough love to get some peoples heads out of the sand.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), bettye198 (17th February 2016)

29. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

I think taking action (not protesting, waking people up, or actively resisting and rebelling against the system- because those are all still just non-pro-active activities) is the best bet to thwarting the herd mentality programming. we have to pro-actively take action in our own local communities and make a difference to get back to caring about the human race... start a community garden, or community elder care/disablility care program; re-establish non-accredited teaching/ mentoring on a subject that you know or are interested in learning about; help people re-establish a 'favor-trade' system of non-money community assistance... etc.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

31. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member xbusymom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,188 times in 396 posts

Quote Posted by samildamach (here)
    I sincerely believe the world gets what we tell the universe we want by the power of are thoughts.energy goes were are thoughts are and create that reality.
    Experiments have been done and indicate change can be made with focused thought.could we organise such an experiment using the net and grow in numbers and use are positive thoughts and energy like an lance to a boil
    I believe that too, but you have to follow that up with physical action- otherwise you are still just as distracted and non-change oriented as the person who is vegitating in front of the boob-tube.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to xbusymom For This Post:

33. Link to Post #58
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

34. Link to Post #59
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

This is how the tide turns, as we the people stand up and say our quiet 'No" to the insanity foisted upon the world.
    From the article linked to below:

Chileans are to take to the streets in protest every month until their National Congress rejects the TPP treaty.
    Citizens in Argentina, Chile and Peru took to the streets in droves Friday night to protest the Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal, which will affect 12 countries and has already seen major objection from citizens world wide.

“This march is informative, because this treaty was negotiated by countries in secret and behind our backs...

http://soundofheart.org/galacticfree...ts-against-tpp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3