+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Retrocausality - How You Can Alter Your Past Or Your Future — And Change Your Present

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Default Retrocausality - How You Can Alter Your Past Or Your Future — And Change Your Present

How You Can Alter Your Past Or Your Future — And Change Your Present Life Science suggests a way, and it's not science-fiction!

Douglas LaBier Ph.D.
    The New Resilience
    Posted May 24, 2012

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...e-your-present

(Sources are available at original link - KE)

Can you travel back into your past and alter something that will change yourself in the present? And could you travel into your future and also alter your present? It looks like it might be possible, and it’s not science fiction.

Both Einstein and the Eastern mystics have explained that what we call the past, present and future are an illusion: A fabric of space/time, in which all exist seamlessly together. In this view, “…the future and the past are not any different, so there's no reason why you can't have causes from the future just as you have causes from the past," according to David Miller of the Centre for Time at the University of Sydney in Australia.

And now, some new thinking and research suggests that, in fact, the present can change the past, with implications for the present; and, that the future can also change the present. This is known as “retrocausality” and has interesting implications for your life — at least, metaphorically, aside from the quantum physics it’s based on. It’s that you might be able to change something about your present life that was originally set in motion in your past. Or, that you might be able to use the future — even though it hasn’t “happened” yet, from your time-frame, to also change something in the present.

In fact, I’ve found that this perspective is helpful with some psychotherapy patients and well as others who feel stuck and unable to change or grow. I provide some exercises below that might help apply retrocausalty to changing your life. But first, a brief explanation of retrocausality. The experiments underlying it were described a few years ago in The New Scientist by Patrick Barry and circulated widely by the San Francisco Chronicle.

One laser beam was divided into two, so that photons in one beam were entangled with those in the other. One beam passed through a double slit to a photon detector, while the other passed through a lens to a movable detector, but more slowly, and which could sense a photon in two different positions. In one position, the movable detector measures each photon as a particle, while in the other, it captures it as a wave. Either one forces its twin in the other beam to be measured in the same way, through some form of “communication.”

Comparing the beam that wasn’t delayed with the one that was showed a shift occurred a few microseconds before the respective choice was made on the delayed photons. Hence, retrocausality. That is, the other beam arrived at its detector before the choice was made on the other one. Here’s a longer description of the process and a visual portrayal of how it works.

In effect, the results of your choice can be seen before you’ve even made it.

So, could you make a different choice in your past, and its consequences would now appear in the present? That’s the intriguing thought.

Keeping in mind that what we label past, present and future are all one, then an event in either the past or the future could alter the one we call “present.” To understand this from another perspective, if someone could view your activity from several light years away — say from the distance of Alpha Centauri — that person would see your activity that spanned — in your Earth-bound existence — several decades past and present. In effect, whatever is in store for your life has already occurred. It’s visible to the Alpha Centauri observer. That also suggests that you can change it as you go along.

Suppose, then, that you could shift something that occurred or that you experienced in your past, that created your future — now your present. Could a retroactive shift transform your present? Similarly, if you saw your future, based upon what you’re doing right now, and altered that, could it also transform your present? If the latter sounds familiar, think of Michael J. Fox’s Back To The Future films.

Want to give it a try? Here are some suggestions:

1. Identify some meaningful turning points or events in your life in which you made a decision or were moved by circumstances to go in one direction vs. another, and that you know it forged a path in your life that you wish it hadn’t. It might have concerned a feature of your personality that became reinforced through your behavior, associations, or personal values. Perhaps particular interests that grew, or an educational choice you made. Or a relationship you began or committed to.

2. Write down what you wish you had known then and how you would have liked to act differently, in that turning point. Then, envision inhabiting the person you were at that earlier time. Show your earlier self what he/she needs to know or do, right now, in order to shift direction or change in some way. Do this exercise during meditation or period of quite reflection.

3. Now envision that you’ve actually become the person who could have emerged from that earlier shift. Imagine incorporating the emotions, state of mind and capacities that would have resulted. Envision that you are that person you might have been. Reflect on how you can integrate the results of the past you’ve “changed” into your actual life, today. What new intentions or emotions arise within you, and what can you could do with them? Remember, your experience of reality is constructed within your head, your consciousness. That’s what can change by “changing” your past.

4. Next flip this around: Teleport yourself into the future that you desire for your life
    , up ahead. Use your imagination to envision that person you would like to be, in your future, the person who’s already there, viewed from that Alpha Centauri location in space/time. From within that person, speak to who you are right now. Tell your present self what you need to alter, change or develop from this immediate moment forward, in order to be pulled to that future version of yourself that you want to become. Doing this reminds you of the vast power — and importance — of having an ideal for your life: a positive vision of something that constantly beckons you and keeps pulling you along the path towards it, as it tells you that it’s already there — or could be.

Happy travelling…

dlabier@CenterProgressive.org

Center for Progressive Development

Blog: Progressive Impact

© 2012 Douglas LaBier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... And a simplified method ...
    You Can Change Your Past – Here Are 3 Methods
    December 15, 2013 By Simona Rich 23 Comments

http://simonarich.com/change-your-past

You can change your past - It’s not true that only future is changeable.

Past can be changed too, because it’s nothing more but energy. Time, as you may already know, is only an illusion.

If you know with your heart that the above two statements are correct – that everything is energy and that time is an illusion – it becomes easy to change your past.

Negative childhood events leave the biggest impact on us, and thus influence our present moment and the future in a bigger way than most realize. Therefore, it’s important to delete major negative events of the childhood, so as to avoid our present and future from being negatively impacted by them.

You can try at this very moment to change your past.

To do that, you need to be in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed for 10 minutes or more.

Think of the most disturbing childhood event that still has a firm grip on your life. Once you know what this event is, you can do any of these three things – read through all three methods and choose the one that resonates with you most.

A note: you should only attempt these exercises if you’re not happy with your present and thus want to change it.

The NLP way to change your past

Recreate the event in your mind as realistically as you can. Become a child again, and see the event through the child’s eyes. Do it now.

Next, again recreate the same event, but now look at it from an observer’s perspective, and thus you will see the child that was you in that experience.

Now, again recreate the event, but see yourself as sitting in a cinema and watching this event as a movie. The next time you should play this movie in black and white, and the next time it should be fast-forwarded.

The last time you should play it backwards, and then you should go behind the scenes, take out the movie tape and burn it.

The event should lose grip on you from now on. If not, repeat this exercise a few more times. When you feel real relief inside, know that this event can no longer impact your life.
    Creative thinking to change your past

Remember the negative childhood event the way it happened and play it in your mind once, looking at it as an observer.

Now, imagine the event the way you wanted it to take place. You can make it as perfect and as positive as you want, but it should remain realistic. If you add little things and details to the event, your mind will become more convinced that it’s real.

Play your own version of the event as though you’re observing it at first, and the second time (and other times to follow) you should play the event by looking through the child’s eyes.

Play this version of the past event in bright colors a few more times, until you feel relief and a belief arises in you that this event did take place. You may need to repeat this event in your mind a few more days for the mind to start believing it did take place.

The mind is easy to convince – it gets convinced through repetition. (It’s important to repeat the event in exactly the same way every time.)

Talking to the child you were

The last way to change your past is to play the event in your mind the way it happened, from an observer’s perspective. Then, after the event, call the child that you were in the past over, and explain what happened in a way that the child would not be affected by what happened.

For example, if the child witnessed a heated argument of the parents or even physical violence, you can say to that child that many adults are not that intelligent, and sometimes they behave like small children.

You can explain that some adults only know how to solve problems by violence. You can add that later they will be happy again, but this time they are too involved in the argument to understand how foolish they look.

Say anything that would make the child happier and at ease. Once you feel the child is okay, affirm that the child is loved and that the child is good, and then leave.

Conclusion

It is indeed possible to change your past. However, if you believe that it isn’t going to happen, nothing will change in your life.

Therefore, only those people who firmly know that everything is energy and thus even physical things can be altered, would succeed in changing their past with the three above methods.

If you successfully change the past event, there will be a big change in your life the same day or within a few days. That’s because your life’s plan needs to adjust, since one major event got deleted/altered.

You can change as many negative events this way as you wish in order to get unstuck in life; choose the method out of three which feels best for your situation. Different events may require different methods – experiment to find out which method works for which situation.

2. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,980 times in 1,165 posts

Default Re: Retrocausality - How You Can Alter Your Past Or Your Future — And Change Your Present

I strongly recommend Will Berlingof's Trinary Regression Therapy to assist in this procedure. It is vital for elevating your frequency. More information can be found on the home page of Rainbow Phoenix :

http://rainbow-phoenix.com/index.html

(scroll down past the videos)

much love

Callista

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

giovonni (12th January 2016), KiwiElf (12th January 2016), Nasu (12th January 2016), sigma6 (13th January 2016), skyflower (12th January 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Re: Retrocausality - How You Can Alter Your Past Or Your Future — And Change Your Present

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

KiwiElf (12th January 2016), sigma6 (13th January 2016), skyflower (12th January 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 times in 220 posts

I've wondered when I dealt with my issues from the past, whether, I might actually be changing that past event. I guess that thought was not just my imagination running wild.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skyflower For This Post:

giovonni (12th January 2016), KiwiElf (12th January 2016), sigma6 (13th January 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

No thank you I am contented with my experience and what is about to come I will try to enjoy, I presume trying to change it will cause a lot of work.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

KiwiElf (12th January 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

That old saying, be careful what you wish for because you just might get is, is appropriate to say, here.

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I can understand that you can convince yourself and your sub conscious that something in the past never happened, and in that way remove it from the past and it will effect your thoughts and actions in the future. However if you did something in the past of great note. I.e. a crime or murder for example, are you thinking/saying by undoing that action the said murdered person would no longer be dead in our reality? or lets say a documented sports event you may have done, could be undone with the process??
    “The life of a human being, perhaps 100 years, can be considered as a
    day when compared with eternity. Therefore, we mortals are no more
    than simple travelers who pass by the eternal years of an eon in a day…

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starfighter For This Post:

KiwiElf (12th January 2016), sigma6 (13th January 2016), WhiteLove (13th January 2016)

13. Link to Post #8
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

You wake in a world that's different than the one you fell asleep in, and you are the only one who can know. It can be a heavy burden, and a lesson you might otherwise have wished to avoid. Such things are not to be trifled with on the basis of petty, personal, human motivations. Such should never be attempted for the sake of personal motivations.

14. Link to Post #9
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

YES I feel that this is possible,
    I even tried it some times
    and the least thing that happend was
    that I actually felt better and more in peace
    after having done the quantumchange or re-writing of
    f.e. my procreation.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowheart For This Post:

KiwiElf (13th January 2016), sigma6 (13th January 2016)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by starfighter (here)
    I can understand that you can convince yourself and your sub conscious that something in the past never happened, and in that way remove it from the past and it will effect your thoughts and actions in the future. However if you did something in the past of great note. I.e. a crime or murder for example, are you thinking/saying by undoing that action the said murdered person would no longer be dead in our reality? or lets say a documented sports event you may have done, could be undone with the process??
    fair enough, there may be limits, I was thinking similar... but it may also go beyond that... and what the exact rules of causality are, are open... agreed though, that it would not be the equivalent of literally travelling back in time in the flesh, to the original person, (to avoid duplication) but somehow inhabiting that person... and then doing your deed and then cavorting back to the present a la back to the future...

the trick is incorporating this super complex idea that it is all one fabric... to begin with...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

KiwiElf (13th January 2016)

18. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

It is not entirely impossible that there might be absolute fixed points of time-space that are referenced by the consciousness. In my OOTB experience I had in 4th density, when I left my body I left a frozen still image of me in that time and space. This meant something. It could mean that the frequency within goes in and out of phase with already existing frequencies beyond consciousness.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

KiwiElf (13th January 2016)

20. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member cloud9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 times in 663 posts

According to Neville we can change any event in our lives as easy as just reviewing the event with a different outcome or just reviewing the day through our imagination meaning closing your eyes and imagining the outcome we desire and FEELING that the new outcome it's already there.

Anyways, for those interested please read Neville Goddard's works.

Also, following the "A Course in Miracles" teachings, forgiveness is the way to go to change EVERYTHING, once you forgive something, somebody or yourself for creating the situation, time collapses because the consequences or the result of any given action wouldn't be there.

All I can say is that it really is amazing stuff once you start doing it, you just need to trust that it is so and go on with your life. I do it all the time when I say something hurtful to somebody or vice versa and I declare in my mind that all involved are already forgiven because this reality it's just an illusion (a game we are playing), which is more... there's nothing to forgive. Then when I see the person again everything is just fine and many times better than just before, it seems like magic!
    The way I see it is that it's not as in a sci-fi movie where everything changes physically meaning the walls or the material world collapse, it's just a change in THAT specific situation, please don't make imaginary movies about killing your grandfather so you won't be born, it's not like that.
    In the infinite possibilities of reality we can very well experience everything the same but just that small thing we changed is different.

My two cents.
    Last edited by cloud9; 13th January 2016 at 23:04.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Post:

DeDukshyn (14th January 2016), KiwiElf (13th January 2016)

+ Reply to Thread