Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lucifer's plan

1. Link to Post #21
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Lucifer's plan

Quote Posted by coffee (here)
    I see a lot (not all) of things on this forum being published as if they were facts, and not opinions or theories,.....

Is there really any truth to posts such as this one from the OP? How do you know?
    Well, sound's like you have a head start on the discernment game.

I personally despise the "absolute statements" that seem to endlessly flow from the "alt" community.

I do feel it has to do with the monetary aspect of a lot of these personalities (to keep readers, they need an exciting message, and being unsure on a topic or theorizing isn't very exciting). That's why you have rapid declines from Alt personalities; they gave up on their initial motivations and started cha$ing different goal$.

As a side effect, the readers of these types of material pick up the habit of claiming everything is an absolute or writing in a style that infers they "know" what they are talking about when in reality it's mostly conjecture, some guesses or pure fantasy.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

coffee (15th February 2018), Flash (15th February 2018), onevoice (14th February 2018), Spiral (15th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member coffee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    "Here is Lucifer's plan that leaked out. The fallen angels are determined to get their revenge on their creators (the Aeons) by harming humans. Their plan is to enslave everybody with ELF radio wave hookups requiring no implants etc., then incarnate in soulless avatars where they will be worshipped in a gruesome planetary puppet show that eliminates free-will..."

A lot of interesting things being said here. I have a question for all of you, and let me first say that I don't mean to offend anybody, it's a sincere question and I am new here. I see a lot (not all) of things on this forum being published as if they were facts, and not opinions or theories, like the quote above from the OP. I have experienced some strange things myself, but I cannot say with any shred of certainty what exactly it was. I cannot claim to know any facts about my experiences. I only have questions.

Is there really any truth to posts such as this one from the OP? How do you know?
    Yes coffee, you are right, lots and lots of posts and alternative media information are theories and opinions and allegations written as facts. It takes times to learn to decipher truth from false on these forums, and everywhere else by the way.

I must add that in the alternative media, all the hangs up and weird mental states shows up much more, probably due to the paranoid stance one has to adopt from the start.

One technique of discernment is using pure science attitude like "give me the proof about that theory" - the other is cross checking amongst many authors, deciding which ones make sense and are steady in their approach and proofs or logic throughout time, and finally correlating with ones' own experience.

Personally, my first presumption is always "80% probabilities of falsehood" for whatever I listen to or read, in whichever media.

Thanks Flash. 80% probability of falsehood. I hear ya. Something's gotta give though with so many falsehoods.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coffee For This Post:

Spiral (15th February 2018), TargeT (15th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

Thanks Flash. 80% probability of falsehood. I hear ya. Something's gotta give though with so many falsehoods.
    You sound like Jack Nicholson, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Daozen (15th February 2018), TargeT (15th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member coffee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Good question. (And welcome to the forum! )

My personal answer: I very much doubt pukerimu's posts contain very much truth that's worthy of the name.

I wasn't aware of this thread — and wasn't even aware of this member, who last visited the forum in April 2016, nearly two years ago. If he were to try to join the forum today, and referenced all this material, we'd very likely not accept him.

In my fairly strong personal opinion, threads like this don't really help anyone. It's one person's subjective, esoteric, take-it-or-leave-it-because-I'm-right presentation, largely based on personal belief, with no references, research, or anything resembling scholarship. That's not at all what Avalon really stands for.

We do support Targeted Individuals ('TIs'), some of whose claims are very genuine. But I have to say this: TIs are often fairly broken personalities, sometimes with delusion and extreme belief woven into the fabric of their real experiences.

Some TIs who have joined the forum have shown themselves to be unable to carry out any kind of reasonable, intelligent, informed dialog about the subject. That sounds tough to say, but it's true.

For that reason, and exactly because of threads like this, the moderators have raised the bar in their assessment of membership applications of those who claim to be TIs. We do want to support people who assert they're victims, but at the same time, those 'victims' really have to show some degree of groundedness and maturity — or everyone loses.

Thanks for the welcome and for weighing in on this, Bill. Threads like this might help someone now though, because we are revealing something useful to others like me. Thanks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coffee For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th February 2018), BMJ (15th February 2018), Spiral (15th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2