+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WikiLeaks Will Unveil Major Bank Scandal

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 times in 447 posts

Default WikiLeaks Will Unveil Major Bank Scandal

http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenber...-bank-scandal/

First WikiLeaks spilled the guts of government. Next up: The private sector, starting with one major American bank.

In an exclusive interview earlier this month, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange told Forbes that his whistleblower site will release tens of thousands of documents from a major U.S. financial firm in early 2011. Assange wouldn’t say exactly what date, what bank, or what documents, but he compared the coming release to the emails that emerged in the Enron trial, a comprehensive look at a corporation’s bad behavior.

“It will give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume,” he told me.

Read Forbes’ full interview with Assange and our cover story on what he and WikiLeaks means for business here.

“You could call it the ecosystem of corruption,” Assange added. “But it’s also all the regular decision making that turns a blind eye to and supports unethical practices: the oversight that’s not done, the priorities of executives, how they think they’re fulfilling their own self-interest.”

WikiLeaks recent priority has clearly been the publication of hundreds of thousands of government documents: 76,000 classified documents from the war in Afghanistan, another 392,000 from Iraq, and on Sunday, the first piece of an ongoing exposure of what will likely be millions of diplomatic messages sent between the U.S. State Department and its embassies.

But that government focus doesn’t mean WikiLeaks won’t embarass corporations, too. Since October, WikiLeaks has closed its submissions channel; Assange says the site was receiving more documents than it could find resources to publish. And half those unpublished submissions, Assange says, relate to the private sector. He confirmed that WikiLeaks has damaging, unpublished material from pharmaceutical companies, finance firms (aside from the upcoming bank release), and energy companies, just to name a few industries.

Whether and when those secrets come out is solely a matter of Assange’s discretion. “We’re in a position where we have to prioritize our resources so that the biggest impact stuff gets released first.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WikiLeaks has damaging, unpublished material from pharmaceutical companies, finance firms (aside from the upcoming bank release), and energy companies

Hopefully this will enable people to wake up when they have proof of the lies they speak. Maybe we can put an end to the pharmaceutical companies and expose the bankers for what they actually are. I am very interested in the energy companies documents... maybe they will tell us they have been hiding free energy or other secrets.

2. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 times in 408 posts

Default Re: WikiLeaks Will Unveil Major Bank Scandal

Ppfffff, another wikileaks thread........

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

To be very honest, after just now reading this Forbes site and the interview of Julian Assange by Forbes' Andy Greenberg, I have a far more respectful attitude about just what WikiLeaks and other upcoming information releasing organizations are doing.

We bitch and complain and moan and groan about a lack of transparency, and yet when it begins to appear on our computers, we don't know what to think about it or how to deal with it. Anyone who in any way blows the whistle, so to speak, is attacked and trailed and harassed and criminalized by those whose intense secrets are being outed. This includes yours truly.

WikiLeaks' Julian Assange Wants To Spill Your Corporate Secrets
    by Andy Greenberg

In an exclusive sit down with Forbes, WikiLeaks' chief says the release of Pentagon and State Department documents are just the beginning. His next target: big business.

Do you derive pleasure from these scandals that you expose and the companies you shame?

It’s tremendously satisfying work to see reforms being engaged in and stimulating those reforms. To see opportunists and abusers brought to account.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/11/29/jul...mepagechannels
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowbird For This Post:

anikohu (5th December 2010), astrid (5th December 2010), daledo (4th December 2010)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 times in 447 posts

I am with you Snowbird..... This was new news to me so I felt that it was important enough to get a new thread. I know alot of people are getting tired of the wikileaks threads but this could be the best way to wake people up by reading and seeing these docs for themselves. I am more concerned about the corporate docs since they are the ones that control the military and governments of the world.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daledo For This Post:

Ahkenaten (4th December 2010), astrid (5th December 2010)

7. Link to Post #5
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Anyone who tries to discredit the importance of the Wikileaks phenomenon should be viewed in my opinion, with extreme skepticism.

If nothing else the fact that flappy lips Lieberman has stepped into the breach using his considerable influence to try to shut Wikileaks severs/ISPs down lends great credence to the idea that the threat to those who would suppress the truth posed by Wikileaks is enormous
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 4th December 2010 at 19:16.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

jeannacav (4th December 2010)

9. Link to Post #6
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Hi Snowbird,

Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)
    To be very honest, after just now reading this Forbes site and the interview of Julian Assange by Forbes' Andy Greenberg, I have a far more respectful attitude about just what WikiLeaks and other upcoming information releasing organizations are doing.
    This is exactly what TMastardsTB and their psyops units had planned for. Time will bear this psyops out. Alas, when in the first blast of the hurricane, we still have the eye and the second blast to look forward to.

Quote We bitch and complain and moan and groan about a lack of transparency, and yet when it begins to appear on our computers, we don't know what to think about it or how to deal with it. Anyone who in any way blows the whistle, so to speak, is attacked and trailed and harassed and criminalized by those whose intense secrets are being outed. This includes yours truly.
    [...]
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/11/29/jul...mepagechannels
    We'll all see transparency when it arrives. With due respect, it has not arrived yet. IMHO, if JA and Wikileaks is the standard of transparency that will keep most people happy ... then we are doomed as a species. I cannot emphasize that greatly enough.

ps: wrt JA and Wikileaks, I recognize I'm on an ever-shrinking island in the opinion sea of Avalon; but I cannot give this island up when the objective evidence points to a messenger beam sent down from the dark clouds hovering above ... into the confused crowds perambulating about, desperately searching for any shape, size or sort of sunshine.

10. Link to Post #7
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Hi Zook - I respect the insights you offer on Avalon.............I sure hope the goal is not to arrive at some homogenized pre-digested consensus reality here. Varied opinions and insights are valuable commodities on the open market of ideas! Thanks for the humor and rigorous thinking you put into your comments!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

Zook (5th December 2010)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,291 times in 8,326 posts

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    Anyone who tries to discredit the importance of the Wikileaks phenomenon should be viewed in my opinion, with extreme skepticism.

If nothing else the fact that flappy lips Lieberman has stepped into the breach using his considerable influence to try to shut Wikileaks severs/ISPs down lends great credence to the idea that the threat to those who would suppress the truth posed by Wikileaks is enormous
    But PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ try to see the bigger picture here.

If Wikileaks chips away at all the institutions long enough there will be a meltdown. It's quite understandable that people in those institutions are flapping around trying to stop Wikileaks. What we have to understand is that those are NOT the really elite "few".

It's like when I have a chat at the pub with some guy and we start talking about "the rich". In a few minutes it becomes clear that he's talking about footballers and lottery winers.(!). When I try to explain that "Rich" when you can afford a battle fleet not just a single yacht, eyes glaze over.

A much as it is easy to 'hate' and despise the governmental people, they are not the ones who are really behind the big agenda.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ahkenaten (4th December 2010), Zook (5th December 2010)

14. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Snowbird's Avatar
    The CORPORATION of the United States of America
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,082 posts

Uncle Zook, is it your contention that all-things WikiLeaks are used by WikiLeaks to confuse and distort and keep the sheeple in the pen? Or, is JA, in and of himself, the source of your contention?

I have not as yet read what JA thinks about 9/11. I'm wondering however, if he has a specific reason for this doubtful stand. It could also be that he, as well as tens of millions of mostly well-meaning people, simply cannot wrap their minds around the truth of what occurred or, they simply have not taken the time or effort to research this issue. I am surrounded by coworkers who continue to cling to the terrorists with boxcutters. Its simply unbelievable to me that they are still back-there where this issue is concerned. But they are and they continue to cling. These are not stupid people. Some are highly educated and very successful in their chosen fields.

WikiLeaks is not the only organization that is blowing the whistle. We post on a site that is offered and run by a man who seeks out sensitive information from others on a daily basis. Some of those who post here are suppliers of that information. I think that caution is always healthy, but I believe that over-caution has the ability to redirect critical thinking when it is needed most.
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
    Plato

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowbird For This Post:

Zook (5th December 2010)

16. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 times in 246 posts

Quote Posted by zookumar (here)
    We'll all see transparency when it arrives. With due respect, it has not arrived yet. IMHO, if JA and Wikileaks is the standard of transparency that will keep most people happy ... then we are doomed as a species. I cannot emphasize that greatly enough.
    I think that's kind of like waiting for disclosure in the form a ship on the white house lawn. Transparency and disclosure are both happening, little bites at a time, all around us as we speak.
    "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly."
    Richard Bach

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WyoSeeker For This Post:

Ahkenaten (5th December 2010), jcocks (5th December 2010)

18. Link to Post #11
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Yeah the truth is drip-drip-dripping. I am looking for a rain-maker and praying for a cloud-burst!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

Victoria Tintagel (5th December 2010)

20. Link to Post #12
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Snowbird,

Quote Posted by Snowbird (here)
    Uncle Zook, is it your contention that all-things WikiLeaks are used by WikiLeaks to confuse and distort and keep the sheeple in the pen? Or, is JA, in and of himself, the source of your contention?
    Here's my position on Wikileaks. I think the transcripts are genuine. If I can share a metaphor, fake trees have no roots. Real trees have roots. I have no reason to believe that any of the Wikileaks have been faked, i.e. I think they are all real and rooted. Having said that, 90,000 plus trees together make a large forest. My intuition tells me that the forest is a thousand times bigger than that, maybe 90,000,000 trees. My intuition also tells me that Tel Aviv monitors all the trees in the forest. My intuition is based on research and connecting the dots (e.g. Project Echelon, Amdocs Ltd, Comverse Infosys, NSA, etc.). It should be noted that most western nations are essentially ZOGs; moreover, that Mossad, CIA, MI6 are triplets of the same mother, and being sisters, engage in a healthy amount of gossip. E.g. they share intelligence covertly (even if appearing to fight outwardly). Here are three URLs to get you started on your own research of the omniscient ears of Tel Aviv:

http://mondediplo.com/2010/09/04israelbase
    http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=604260?related
    http://mediafilter.org/caq/cryptogate/

Getting back to my metaphor, my question is simple: if only 90,000 trees (of the much larger forest) are made available for a public walk-through ... who is designing the walk-through?

Certainly, the question can only intensify with the discovery that a Rothschild paper is part of the leak apparatus; and that George Soros is involved in the funding of Wikileaks. Noteworthy in all this, is that the leaks themselves are more hype than anything of historical merit. More the further, the leaks appear to protect Israel's agenda and geopolitical ambitions from larger scrutiny, e.g. by throwing the spotlight on Israel's posturing enemies; indeed, to serve Israel's future goals of a War on Iran. I say posturing enemies, because Israel's enemies are themselves puppet regimes installed by Israel's founding fathers, TMastardsTB. I don't think it really needs to be said, but I'll say it anyways, Israel's geopolitical ambitions are none other than the Rothschild group's geopolitical ambitions.

So from my best intuition and my best assessment of the observable evidence, I say the following with confidence: the axis of devils includes the Rothschild state, Israel; the Rothschild paper, The Economist; the Rothschild henchman, George Soros; and the Rothschild posterboy, Julian Assange.

I've nothing personal against Julian Assange. But let me note that he has made it personal himself by choosing to become the face of Wikileaks. Humble opinions all around.

Quote I have not as yet read what JA thinks about 9/11. I'm wondering however, if he has a specific reason for this doubtful stand. It could also be that he, as well as tens of millions of mostly well-meaning people, simply cannot wrap their minds around the truth of what occurred or, they simply have not taken the time or effort to research this issue. I am surrounded by coworkers who continue to cling to the terrorists with boxcutters. Its simply unbelievable to me that they are still back-there where this issue is concerned. But they are and they continue to cling. These are not stupid people. Some are highly educated and very successful in their chosen fields.
    Well ... I must confess that this part I take personally. I can smell a skunk this side of the most distant quasar when someone denies or otherwise obstructs 9/11/2001 truth. I mean, the most important event ever to come along and give us sheeple - tragic as it was - an opportunity to break the holding pen ... and some clown wants to continue keeping us in??! And I should give this boffo the benefit of doubt? Not likely.

Quote WikiLeaks is not the only organization that is blowing the whistle. We post on a site that is offered and run by a man who seeks out sensitive information from others on a daily basis. Some of those who post here are suppliers of that information. I think that caution is always healthy, but I believe that over-caution has the ability to redirect critical thinking when it is needed most.[/COLOR]
    I agree that caution is healthy, and overcaution can be a paralyzing thing . I also agree that Bill has his own duty to perform and that means observing boundaries differently than I. Indeed, I've agreed to disagree with Bill, in large part due to our different responsibilities. But if my contributions on Avalon are to be worth anything at all, then I must give them the full weight of my conviction, my wisdom, my intuition, and my knowledge (however great or small). I hope I haven't been delinquent with my responsibilities.

ps: Again the big elephantine equivalency in the room that no one cares to discuss is Wikileaks = distraction. Distraction while TMastardsTB conhtinue to bring chaos into the world (by pilfering treasuries and destroying economies) ... from which they will try and retrieve the New World Order.
    Last edited by Zook; 5th December 2010 at 03:29.

21. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys, if we are going to have 5 bazilly wiki threads, can we try to keep them on topic. I moved this to the financial forum earlier, so let's focus on the bank scandal impact.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beth For This Post:

Swami (5th December 2010), Zook (5th December 2010)

23. Link to Post #14
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Beth (here)
    You guys, if we are going to have 5 bazilly wiki threads, can we try to keep them on topic. I moved this to the financial forum earlier, so let's focus on the bank scandal impact.
    My apologies, Beth. Will try and keep on topic. Now I am in a bind. What to discuss? Anyone know when the banking scandal leaks are projected to be leaked?

ps: Look for the same arrangement as the bailout packages ... the peripheral players will get singled out for the whacking paddle ... the important banksters and their lieutenants will get nary the exposure they deserve.

ps2: Is bazilly greater than a gazilly? Just wondering ...
    Last edited by Zook; 5th December 2010 at 03:31.

24. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Zook. Who knows, maybe BoA goes belly up, all the people (like me) holding a note from them loose their house by repossession. Then I have to work the pole to pay for a one bedroom apartment and keep my chickens in the bathtub.

ps. gazilly is more than a bazilly, because g comes after b.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Beth For This Post:

Zook (5th December 2010)

26. Link to Post #16
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Beth if you have your mortgage with BOA you should take an informative little trip down to your friendly local County Clerk's office and look up the various documentation related to your mortgage. I am sure you will be delighted to discover that your mortgage you thought was held by BOA was almost immediately sold to MERS (the electronic banking system) so it disappeared along with millions of others down that black hole of derivative slicey-dice-dom. Now if you find yourself in that situation, chances are that legally you actually don't owe BOA squat.............for the simple reason that they sold your mortgage and don;t have a clue as to who 'owns' it now. Just do your homework, get certified xeroxes of the paperwork as your insurance policy. God forbid if worse comes to worse, you will be informed and can take appropriate steps to protect yourself and preserve your home! God Bless!

p.s. I just cancelled my Pay Pal and E-Bay Accounts. They asked me why and I told them. They are pretty busy at Pay Pal at this late hour - I had to wait 10 minutes for a customer svc. rep - apparently others feel the way I do!
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 5th December 2010 at 03:49.

27. Link to Post #17
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Beth (here)
    Thanks Zook. Who knows, maybe BoA goes belly up, all the people (like me) holding a note from them loose their house by repossession. Then I have to work the pole to pay for a one bedroom apartment and keep my chickens in the bathtub.

ps. gazilly is more than a bazilly, because g comes after b.
    Ha hahah hah Still laughing about this one, Beth!

We might both have to face the ten-foot pole! You dancing with it when Chicken Little really does make the sky tumble ... and me being poked with it once Avalonians get weary of hearing my pompous sermons!

Mewonders if Chicken Little ain't one of 'em pre-bathtub chicklets of yours run amok?

28. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,947 times in 660 posts

Hello Uncle Zook

Quote If I can share a metaphor, fake trees have no roots. Real trees have roots. I have no reason to believe that any of the Wikileaks have been faked, i.e. I think they are all real and rooted. Having said that, 90,000 plus trees together make a large forest. My intuition tells me that the forest is a thousand times bigger than that, maybe 90,000,000 trees. My intuition also tells me that Tel Aviv monitors all the trees in the forest. My intuition is based on research and connecting the dots (e.g. Project Echelon, Amdocs Ltd, Comverse Infosys, NSA, etc.). It should be noted that most western nations are essentially ZOGs; moreover, that Mossad, CIA, MI6 are triplets of the same mother, and being sisters, engage in a healthy amount of gossip. E.g. they share intelligence covertly (even if appearing to fight outwardly). Here are three URLs to get you started on your own research of the omniscient ears of Tel Aviv:

http://mondediplo.com/2010/09/04israelbase
    http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=604260?related
    http://mediafilter.org/caq/cryptogate/

Getting back to my metaphor, my question is simple: if only 90,000 trees (of the much larger forest) are made available for a public walk-through ... who is designing the walk-through?

Certainly, the question can only intensify with the discovery that a Rothschild paper is part of the leak apparatus; and that George Soros is involved in the funding of Wikileaks. Noteworthy in all this, is that the leaks themselves are more hype than anything of historical merit. More the further, the leaks appear to protect Israel's agenda and geopolitical ambitions from larger scrutiny, e.g. by throwing the spotlight on Israel's posturing enemies; indeed, to serve Israel's future goals of a War on Iran. I say posturing enemies, because Israel's enemies are themselves puppet regimes installed by Israel's founding fathers, TMastardsTB. I don't think it really needs to be said, but I'll say it anyways, Israel's geopolitical ambitions are none other than the Rothschild group's geopolitical ambitions.
    Quote So from my best intuition and my best assessment of the observable evidence, I say the following with confidence: the axis of devils includes the Rothschild state, Israel; the Rothschild paper, The Economist; the Rothschild henchman, George Soros; and the Rothschild posterboy, Julian Assange.

I've nothing personal against Julian Assange. But let me note that he has made it personal himself by choosing to become the face of Wikileaks. Humble opinions all around.
    A brilliant assessment of the situation, I do like a chap who does his research and many thanks for the links.

Best regards. JP

29. The Following User Says Thank You to John Parslow For This Post:

Zook (6th December 2010)

+ Reply to Thread