+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Save the World

1. Link to Post #1
    Norway Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Save the World

What if there existed a Global party. A Global peace party ?
    With only two purposes ; peace and another economic system ?

Would we join in ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

Agape (5th February 2016), Baby Steps (4th February 2016), betoobig (4th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Default Re: Save the World

The Baha'i Faith is that.
    It is more of a political system that focuses on global peace than a religion.
    It has no clergy and its leaders are groups called Spiritual Assemblies, made up of nine members,
    male and female, elected by the community via secret ballot once every year.

Local...............Local Spiritual Assembly
    Nacional..........Nacional Spiritual Assembly
    International....Universal House of Justice

Only the election of the Universal House of Justice is once every five years.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th February 2016), Becky (4th February 2016), betoobig (3rd February 2016), dirmanam (2nd February 2016), drneglector (4th February 2016), Meggings (2nd February 2016), PurpleLama (2nd February 2016), pyrangello (3rd February 2016), Spirithorse (2nd February 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Good to know, Ulli

There are many organizations working for Peace.
    The one I am looking for is a internet based movement, that with its simple message could have the potential to get billions of members

The simple message is hope. That a new hope for mankind can rise in the absence of general purpose money.
    As a member of such movement ( maybe it exist?) I,as a member, vote for the creative work in the process for new economic order

Today, money, as general purpose money, does not manage to help billions from starvation.
    This we have known for a long time… the rich get richer and the poor remains poor.

A new rapport shows that 1% of the earths population now own 50% of global wealth

https://www.credit-suisse.com/no/en/...410.1327771265

The logic posed in our money system says that 2 millions are always better than 1, transcends all circles and there is no limit for 1 mans wealth
    The profane logic is also that we can do it because it is possible

We all know this, but taking a closer look, we must face that man will never be equal under a system of general purpose money.

Business as usual also carry a heavy weight of exploitations of all kinds. One man can buy himself an army under the profane logic of money ; it is possible!

When it comes to Military spendings for only 15 countries in 2015, it was : 17 776 000 000 000 $

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_expenditures

To say Yes with a keystroke, to vote for this Hope, does not compete or challenge other beneficial organizations or movements

Having in mind that a majority on earth want peace, that the majority are friendly, love seeking and compassionate
    it would make sense that most of us would join a such party if existing ?

Maybe someone in Avalon knows ; What options do we got in this direction I describe ?
    Last edited by dirmanam; 2nd February 2016 at 14:13.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,297 times in 575 posts

Jedi....... Anyone?

Seriously, why not?

Regards.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

betoobig (3rd February 2016), dirmanam (3rd February 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,993 times in 1,795 posts

honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

10. The Following User Says Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

dirmanam (4th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks betoobig..

Thats Great! An alternative economy.. In south Africa, and also in Norway there are initiatives looking for new ways to share goods. Something new Are happening, and that is very inspiring, a movement towards hope.

The complicated thing with money, is also the genius part.. its the general functionality of money. You can buy whatever you want ; also 10 000 children!!
    Nothing I state here are new thoughts, but a creative challenge for the majority of peace seeking individuals to investigate a new world order for SPECIALIZED money.

My motivation for starting this thread was another thread on Avalon about the 10 000 children missing. Making it clear that intended evil got an effective system, and that intended beneficial acts strive to find a similar effective ways in the real world.

More and more people in the west start to realize that money = happiness is not necessarily the case. ( Years ago I told my kids about the tragic life to one of the worlds riches men, an Amarican newspaper mongol. It was hard for them then to realize that it could be so )

We all know that the old geography lessons about the 7 oceans now has been changed to 1 ocean, that everything is connected.
    Coming to view mankind in the same way belongs to the future, but we know that billions of people in the East also dream about their own fridge and a cold bear.
    And Only by this small example, a fridge and a bear for everyone our system will collapse. Its not sustainable.

My interpretation of Zeit Geist is that more than a billion people in the west ( which are most responsible for current state) could agree that General purpose money is not
    the solution for the future, reflecting upon history of man and the current political situation

Now to make a change, one has to operate under the claw of general purpose money.
    What would happen if 1 billion people donate 5%$ a month to this world wide movement ? 5 000 000 $ a month, where people work on non pay basis, only to cover the expenses for a change,
    and in this way become a political power ?

My daughter asked the other day ; Dad, how did the First king become a king ??
    A very good question..?

We agree that this is a very complicated system, but sometimes its fortunate to view it in simpler terms, to have hopeful ideas for tomorrow ?

Back to basis ; a shield, warm clothes, food..

End of speculation and expansion Era.
    Last edited by dirmanam; 4th February 2016 at 13:15.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

Becky (4th February 2016), betoobig (4th February 2016), drneglector (4th February 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Dirmanam, agree. Ubuntu is also in your country, check this out.
    https://www.facebook.com/Ubuntu-Norw...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Much love

14. The Following User Says Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

dirmanam (5th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Goal : Unleash prosperity, free liberty money, and generate sufficient surplus to support space colonization which begets world peace, and makes ready a place for the seventh generation yet to come.
    You can't have world peace without space colonization, and you can't have space colonization without world peace.

(The major driving reason for war is fear of lack. Accessing the immense resources in outer space eliminates that pressure. In space, there is radiant power 24/7, all known elements, and expansion room for millennia. All that is needed is for us to bring it to life, by bringing life into space.)
    Last edited by ozmirage; 5th February 2016 at 02:12.

16. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

we should write a peace charter pledge document. do not elect them unless they sign. one undertaking would be that if they are shown to have betrayed its principles they will resign.its the kind of set of ideas the mr Sanders is very candid about.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

betoobig (5th February 2016), dirmanam (5th February 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hm, Ozmirage, facing history I am not as optimistic as you are. We might be surprised by Intervention, though ?
    Coming to plan B, Personally I love the Earth and like the idea to work for a flow to shear common goods Here, and my bet is that the change got to come from within, inside of everyone.
    At least to move to space before this work is done will risk the danger of bringing the deamon on the bandwagon. But on the other hand you might have a point depending on time horizon; if we succeed to live peaceful just loving each other, it might get crowdy in 500 years or less..200 ? (Its exponentially)
    But than again, someone might push the red Zero button to start all over again ?

The idea of equality among Men has a deep roots in the Norwegian political system. We have been a land of farmers and fishers
    and this was mostly the men creating our constitution. There used to be no aristocracy in Norway, and when I learnt about the french
    revolution in school in the eighties, the common essence was ; the aristocracy was based upon birth rights, but they become decadent,
    little or no knowledge or compassion to lower classes. As young we said; "they were selfish and greedy, they deserved it, the change had to come, it could not continue like that»

What happened to the french revolution ??

Me / I , am a normal Norwegian guy. My prosperity is based upon birth rights, a fortunate country to be born in.
    A normal Norwegian family life can be a Very closed affair, at least from the hunger and suffering in the world. Only One ocean, remember ?
    Years go by, and all we need to think of is our own dinner, plans for the weekend, having a hair cut, new car or breasts, a new diet, as lactose is bad for my skin... I do not Need to Care.

An entire family in another land could live well on the budget to our cat. AND I REALIZE : My God, I am / we are the new aristocracy !!
    And there are revolutions all over for this reason : social and economic inequality

The slogan from the french revolution is still echoing : equality, fraternity, liberty

And the odds for this to be accomplished in the era of GPM general purpose money, are sadly small

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

betoobig (5th February 2016), ulli (7th February 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

The final goal will be no goverment.
    Anarchy in Sumerian means "bring heaven to earth".
    Much love

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

dirmanam (5th February 2016), drneglector (5th February 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Assuming human population isn't decimated by [whatever],
    We may assume the following is in our future.

The BIG BANGING Theory
    YEAR . . . Population. . Doubling rate (years)
    2014. . . . 7.200E+09 . . . . 50 . . . . . . . 60 . . . . . . . . 70
    Future . . . Yrs. Diff. . . . Population
    2050 . . . . 36 . . . . . . . . 1.186E+10 . . 1.091E+10 . . 1.028E+10
    2100 . . . . 86 . . . . . . . . 2.372E+10 . . 1.945E+10 . . 1.687E+10
    2200 . . . . 186 . . . . . . . 9.488E+10 . . 6.173E+10 . . 4.542E+10
    2300 . . . . 286 . . . . . . . 3.795E+11 . . 1.960E+11 . . 1.223E+11
    2400 . . . . 386 . . . . . . . 1.518E+12 . . 6.222E+11 . . 3.291E+11
    2500 . . . . 486 . . . . . . . 6.072E+12 . . 1.975E+12 . . 8.858E+11
    3000 . . . . 986 . . . . . . . 6.218E+15 . . 6.372E+14 . . 1.252E+14
    4000 . . . . 1986 . . . . . . 6.520E+21 . . 6.629E+19 . . 2.500E+18
    5000 . . . . 2986 . . . . . . 6.837E+27 . . 6.896E+24 . . 4.994E+22
    6000 . . . . 3986 . . . . . . 7.169E+33 . . 7.174E+29 . . 9.973E+26

To support such populations, it is self evident that we have to expand into space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarTram
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpl...nsport_Network
    The Interplanetary Transport Network (ITN) is a collection of gravitationally determined pathways through the Solar System that require very little energy for an object to follow. The ITN makes particular use of Lagrange points as locations where trajectories through space are redirected using little or no energy. These points have the peculiar property of allowing objects to orbit around them, despite lacking an object to orbit. While they use little energy, the transport can take a very long time.
    This is the advantage of building and commissioning autonomous self sufficient vivariums as colonies.

BOTS IN SPACE
    Using robotic factories “seeded” across the solar system, these self replicating tool-making systems can incrementally build the tools that build the tools that eventually build the hulls, vessels, and machinery. Surfing gravity, via the Interplanetary Transport Network, these “habitats” can be situated in varied orbits, even intersecting other planet’s orbits, providing a slow but safe means to travel point to point. (Ex: "Mars Cycler")

Once colony production matches and exceeds the geometric expansion rate of human population, the threat of extinction is greatly reduced.

Based on current population doublings, a rough guesstimate shows that humanity would have 2000 to 3500 years of "elbow room" and resources for sustaining life. And as we technologically advance, we can send huge armadas of autonomous colony ships to adjacent star systems. Even if there are no suitable planets, space faring humans can just keep building more orbiting space habitats.

. . .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKendree_cylinder
    McKendree Space Colony (290 mi x 2900 mi)
    5,284,158.84 sq. mi. (outer most shell)
    76560 decks (10 ft)
    2 x 10,127,094,564.45 sq.mi.
    = 20,254,189,128.9 sq.mi.

Capacity :1,012,709,456,445 (@50 per sq.mi.)
    1.01 trillion people

. . .
    Space Colonization Basics
    http://settlement.arc.nasa.gov/Basics/wwwwh.html#why
    The key advantage of space settlements is the ability to build new land, rather than take it from someone else. This allows a huge expansion of humanity without war or destruction of Earth's biosphere. The asteroids alone provide enough material to make new orbital land hundreds of times greater than the surface of the Earth, divided into millions of colonies. This land can easily support trillions of people.
    TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS DEPEND ON US TO GET INTO SPACE COLONIZATION.

23. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Save the world - stop eating animal(product)s.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to take For This Post:

betoobig (5th February 2016), dirmanam (5th February 2016), Michelle Marie (8th February 2016)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Yes, betoobig, I agree, its a misconception that anarchy is chaos.
    It may face the same resistance as a new economic order does, having the same problem ; Other Kings was there before us.
    And these kings will use all their power to remain in power.

In some scandinavian countries there has been a serious discussion about civil wages. You got paid because you are a citizen,
    a part of your rights. We have fought a long way together with the idea that man got to earn his rights, be responsible for his own fortune.
    The thoughts behind Civil wages draws upon a positive view of mankind, and trust that most of us will do what we are destined for, not looking into money
    for a start. This is a growing movement over here, perhaps elsewhere also ?

It might be interesting to merge a certain % of specialized money into Civil Wages, to minimize speculation and expansion ?
    Everyone is taken care of, and minimize the possibilities to do something on the expense of others.

My view on space expansion, ozmirage, is that it can be done. But not physically..or at least not for a start. Mind is the basic motor for traveling.
    Many people travel with the mind but Advanced Masters on earth can travel with the mind, and in addition recollect her / his body to the given new place where mind dwell.
    I believe its called exomathosis,.. I ll check it out

There are already, in my opinion, earth citizens that has emigrated to space trough centuries.. A product of karma or pure will.
    The excellent logic in this is : you can not go before you’re ready

And thanks, take! There seem to be so many obvious good reasons for eating vegetables only. Its a giant step towards food for All, and then we mean Everyone!
    In this very moment, Norway are importing soya beens from south america… But not for feeding children where its most needed, no for feeding COWS
    Holy cow! The total worldwide map of eating animals, with all its consequences are ….!!( can’t find the word)
    GPM must take a vital part of the blame
    Last edited by dirmanam; 5th February 2016 at 13:38.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

betoobig (5th February 2016), drneglector (5th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    The final goal will be no goverment.
    Anarchy in Sumerian means "bring heaven to earth".
    Much love
    Agree. We must abolish government! (from the Latin verb gubernare: "to control", and the Latin noun mens, mente: "mind").

Never heard about the Sumerian meaning of anarchy… interesting!

In my book of etymology you can trace the word like this:

Attachment 32759

Internal monarchy + external anarchy sound good to me.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drneglector For This Post:

betoobig (5th February 2016), dirmanam (5th February 2016)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

@Ozmirage, the over population meme aint true. Go out in the countryside and tell me how many people you see there. In this planet there is room enough, food enough ( look for how much food goes to waste), water enough and air enough (not too clean right now becouse chemtrails ) ....
    @dirmanam ... May i ask you if we, my kids, wife and i, can ask to Norway to have us like "economical" refugees? Your country sounds amazing. Go for that wages for the citizens.
    @drnegoector thanks so much.
    Much love

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

dirmanam (5th February 2016), drneglector (7th February 2016), Michelle Marie (8th February 2016)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Yes, Betoobig, Norway is a peaceful country, comparable safe and my No1 for kids to grow up in.
    Throughout history the social democrats have the majority in the government. Much more social
    than your democrats, which is more equal to our democrats opponents on the right wing.
    Labor unions are big, represents a political power. Its normal to belong to a Union, which represents your
    security ; if you get sick, you still get paid, and they set a minimum wage to protect against exploitation

But winds are changing. Now the right wing is in charge. Refugees living in Norway for 20 years says
    its a noticeable change towards a colder society. Its a Hot debate for the moment due to the stream of refugees, interrupting the dinner meal to the New Aristocrats, as I also have become

In Norway, prominent lawers, people with influence discuss Civil wages, using different calcules.
    Its not a priority but represents serious thoughts in our time.
    I ve heard that Finland is a step in front, testing this out in practice in some places

It feels crazy to work for peace, when Norway as a « peace seeking country» having bombs etc
    as one of their big export articles.
    These blood money helps Norway to maintain a social policy within its borders.
    We are also an oil Nation, which either is meant for the future!
    I PROFIT on THIS. It makes me rich but sick

I understand very well that a thread like this is not popular in USA, as posing a threat on the
    American dream ; One man can start from zero and accumulate goods way beyond his needs.
    But it is accepted, almost as a sign of success ?

It is well known in political life that contradictions, tex. capitalism & communism feed and sustain each
    other, it is justified and developed with a reference to its opposite.
    Now after the fall of communism capitalism needed to look elsewhere to elaborate its own content

I mention this, because whats on stake now is not ideologies, but our future.
    We need to leave old dogmas behind and look at the current situation with a clear and unprejudiced mind,
    to create new concepts of success, freedom and happiness.

The selfish notion in this is that I know I won’t be happy if my way of living
    restrict others freedom. The total sum of « normal non harmful actions» , all over the world, done in plain ignorance,
    might easily produce a very bad and sad product / result. (Its some from the philosopher Kant here )

I might say that my freedom is to Choose to restrict the wast numbers of possibilities I have,
    if it may facilitate the process towards equality, freedom, security and food for the Many.

But besides that we still got the greedy animal GPM to fight against

(You have a very nice logo there, drneglector.. very nice..)
    Last edited by dirmanam; 6th February 2016 at 12:56.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

betoobig (6th February 2016), drneglector (7th February 2016)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

"I mention this, because whats on stake now is not ideologies, but our future."
    You nail it, the world does not need to be save, we do.... And better do it for ourselfs, from inside to outside. If someone else does the job for us we will be at the start point again.
    Much love

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

dirmanam (6th February 2016), drneglector (7th February 2016), Michelle Marie (8th February 2016)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Strange enough most of us would give away all our earthly possessions if this was one of two choices, given the other was death. 40 years of hard work and ambitions could be given away in some seconds facing the moment of necessity! ?

Also facing that life is more precious after all..and are from a subjective point of view not congruent with General Purpose Money, even as we know this is not true ; people are being sold!

But maybe it depends ? If the choice ; "your money or your life" included basic needs covered, if you could continue to live on ; shelter, clothes, and food. If this is not the case, lets say you was forced to a life in misery ; hunger, pain.. no homeland, than the question might not be that easy ?

I embrace the expression ; “ moment of necessity “

Is the moment of necessity only valid if EVERYONE on earth experience this at the same time ???

Do we need a Big cruel war to destroy all our possessions before we are willing to look in a new direction ???

Could we not say that its enough! That we grasp the serious situation in compassion with the millions of people that allready has lost everything, that live in the moment of necessity ???

About 3.1 billion people was passengers on an airplane, in 2013
    About 800 000 people die every year from starvation.

If more than every 4th plane crashed, very rapidly we would go to action??
    The world would forbid flying until this was solved ?

Ironically the world show in practice that all nations can go to action ; every land has cooperated in the effectuation of expensive securitiy systems. it show that all the nations in the world can cooperate if it is important enough ?
    If saving lives was first aim, the world could have made it together, but this is not about life but Profit.

About 3.1 billion people was passengers in an airplane, in 2013
    About 800 000 people die every year from starvation.

The World could cooperate to end this inequality that has such fatal radiations

It sure would forbid flying!
    It ( the worlds nations )sure could forbid eating animals,under the same logic, saving millions of lives
    By using the fields for feeding Man instead. Its indisputable

As follow 1, food is free for everyone, controlled by an appropriate system, an elaborated specialised money.

We could easily make a longer list ??
    Im happy to hear suggestions
    Last edited by dirmanam; 12th February 2016 at 08:34.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to dirmanam For This Post:

betoobig (7th February 2016)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

WINTER HYMN FOR COMPANY EARTH

It is surprising that Humans, especially their leaders, are so confident. After all, the entire world is One big company and its not running very well for the moment.
    Cause the ambition for this company is that everyone shall be happy, have the feeling that they are seen, that they are valuable..
    Cause our leaders have been on a long weekend seminar and have learned that This is the Only way to get the employers to give and perform their best.

One explanation of this confident state is that they are incapable problem solvers as they seldom see the problem.
    And allow themselves to act as frustrated children who do not understand the construction of a building and destroy it instead. Problem solved, and at least something happens

The confident feeling is also to be seen in relation to the old greek word ; Hubris, Man know thyself, know thy place.
    The leaders of Man, all in their own compartments, do not know themselves nor their place, thinking Gaia is to be seduced and exploited.
    Thinking Life is a problem to solve, not a mystery to live, thinking about the marked index, thinking about to beat the other leaders…
    in the same company.

The bible as one of many Holy Books :

The Bible state, in the Revelation ; Gaia, the Earth is a whore.. (and She Do provide for her exploiters?)
    The bible goes on to describe the people that take advantage of Gaia,.. traders of all kinds, telling us
    that when they see the explosion, they start to cry because then they understand that its all over. They cry..

The bible also ( surprisingly) explain why they cry, and go on to say ; they cry because now they understand that nobody will buy their goods anymore

Another explanation for this confident state is besides believing that we are alone, have no competitors, have no beliefs at all.
    Even now that our office Gaia give clear sign of distress they’re incapable of cleaning up, because they really don’t believe she’s alive!
    They are confident because they are not expecting a revolt, nor from the flames we know resides inside of her, nor the flames
    from her relatives dwelling in her outer realms.

There was a number of the beast, and we say : Its not important to find out Who the beast is, BUT WHAT IT DOES !!
    .. and its a human number, most likely to mark a shift from 9 to 1. A release to enlighten the leaders, to inform that the reasons
    for their confidence was groundless.
    Last edited by dirmanam; 8th February 2016 at 09:10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast