+ Reply to Thread

Thread: British police are breaking into homes to highlight robbery risk...

1. Link to Post #1
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Default British police are breaking into homes to highlight robbery risk...

By Joshua Krause

British police may not have the same reputation for brutality as American police do; but, like our cops, they sure seem to think they are above the law. Police in the city of Coventry have apparently started breaking into homes without any kind of warrant. The reason? So they can let homeowners know how easy it would be for burglars to break in.

The police patrolled the streets looking for opened windows and unlocked doors and gates. Rather than minding their own business, they used these openings to enter the homes and warn residents about how vulnerable they are. Then they took pictures inside these homes, and posted them to Twitter. The police claim they haven’t received any complaints, and the responses from residents have been positive.

The Twitter users who saw these images however, were not so enthusiastic. One person tweeted “I’m not sure where you stand legally entering a private home without a warrant. Unlocked doors don’t give permission” while another added “If you enter my home like this, don’t be surprised if I use reasonable force when I hear you.” They were also criticized for essentially advertising which homes were unsecured. The police responded, completely unperturbed by these complaints “Thanks for all the feedback on one of the burglary prevention tactics. We’ll review based on feedback #socialmediasuccess ?”

You’d think this sort of thing could only happen in a country where private gun ownership is highly restricted, but American police have done something similar. Last year, police in Illinois started entering unlocked cars without permission, so they could issue faux tickets that listed all the personal belongings that could have been stolen.

Joshua Krause is a reporter, writer and researcher at The Daily Sheeple. He was born and raised in the Bay Area and is a freelance writer and author.

2. Link to Post #2
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: British police are breaking into homes to highlight robbery risk...

In the U.S. these actions by LEOs could turn potentially lethal for both citizens and/or officers, in the UK they might get peppered sprayed or knifed when they go in to someone's abode w/o a warrant. I know some good old boys that wouldn't hesitate to shoot first and ask questions later.

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

Here's the Independent article which the Daily Sheeple sourced from.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Althena (2nd February 2016), Michelle Marie (2nd February 2016), Nasu (3rd February 2016), Shannon (2nd February 2016)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

socialmediasuccess ???????... what a bunch of arrogant bastards... there may be a legal interpretation in the open windows and doors, so yes I can see them getting away with it... the same legal interpretation why you shouldn't roll your window down when talking to them or opening your door when they come by your home...

What they are playing on is a psychological tactic of intimidation... and they bloody well know they are doing it... "...the response so far has been positive...." ???? F**** OFF!!! It's 100% subtle psychological intimidation!

You have an A**HOLE standing in your living room, lecturing you on leaving a window open, while you are walking around your home eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich in your underwear?... what else are you going to do?...

And then the sheer idiocy of breaching their own security protocol by publicly putting it on twitter...??? Are you f***ing kidding me???? ...Seriously what a bunch of F***ING SELF SERVING A**HOLES...

Get the F*** off my property... immediately cease and desist from any and all trespass of private property... stop violating my right to privacy, endangering my person with your egocentric gross retardation by operating outside the scope of your duty as a peace officer... deserving a notice of criminal complaint.

These are the very reasons people end up putting steel bars on their windows, turning the neighbourhoods into police state ghettos, and every lawn and door has a DO NOT TRESPASS sign...

(apologies for all the bad swear words... necessary to properly frame this response...)
    '; D
    Last edited by sigma6; 3rd February 2016 at 01:37.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

3(C)+me (3rd February 2016), Althena (3rd February 2016), genevieve (3rd February 2016), Nasu (3rd February 2016), Shannon (14th February 2016), StandingWave (3rd February 2016)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Smartphone App Allows Citizens to Depend on Each Other for Emergency Services Instead of Police http://truthvoice.com/2015/12/smartp...ead-of-police/
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Althena (3rd February 2016), genevieve (3rd February 2016)

9. Link to Post #6
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Wow! Exellent pissed off rant sigma. I couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos

+ Reply to Thread