Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

Default Re: Depressed Beyond Whatever I'd Experienced Prior

Somethings in this life we know for sure:
    • Everything is temporary, there are no exceptions
    • You are here because you want to be here
    • Every soul on planet earth has a purpose
    • Very few people 'receive' their purpose at an early age
    • Sometimes the clarity of purpose may not emerge until you are 50-60-70+ years of age
    • If you keep an open and receptive mind you will recognize your purpose when it finally surfaces
    • The big picture of life is simple and not very complicated.
    • Don't try too hard, don't shut down and keep and open mind to everything

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Aurvandil (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Caliban (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), genevieve (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), Iloveyou (12th February 2016), kirolak (12th February 2016), LiquidMind (15th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), PathWalker (15th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), Stephanie (12th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 times in 155 posts

Dr Zeuss says......"It stinks till it's over"

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), Iloveyou (12th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), LiquidMind (12th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), Sierra (13th February 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 349 posts

Here you go friend -
    Someone more bummed out than me.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

:Renyse: (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), Iloveyou (12th February 2016), LiquidMind (12th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by LiquidMind (here)
    I keep saying, ready to go - ready to go Lord. Ready to go Home. I just can't take this planet - at all - never could - been just keeping the organism alive for who knows what. I am so ready to leave. Have nothing to tie me to this place and do not know - or understand what else is needed for me to conclude before I'm beamed back. Never felt part of this world, never wanted to be here and my sheer existing on this plane has been nothing short of a miracle. Pretty sure the home team is as upset as I am at how this lifetime turned out - tried to make it work. The wear and tear and the emotions have just shot to another level altogether.
    Its uncomfortable here but I never think for once to leave this life. Leave the system yes and probably do something to change it. All in all do something to make life more enjoyable again.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), LiquidMind (12th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

I hear you LiquidMind and it is what it is and that is, what it is.............and that is okay too, unless you want more and if you do then give yourself permission and go get it.
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), LiquidMind (15th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), Sierra (13th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Please understand that at the moment I am too overwhelmed by everything going on around me to respond individually. Thank you for replying to my plight. I am still alive -- breathing - will come back and reply individually when things clear.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LiquidMind For This Post:

:Renyse: (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Citizen No2 (12th February 2016), Craig (16th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), nomadguy (15th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), Sierra (13th February 2016), Sunny (12th February 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,302 times in 575 posts

It is my belief that history is a wheel.

"Inconstancy is my very essence", says the wheel. "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but do not complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing us by".

Good luck Brother/Sister.

It's who you are.

Regards.
    Last edited by Citizen No2; 12th February 2016 at 07:11.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Aurvandil (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

Have you tried taking DLPA? Getting more endorphins flowing through your system can be good. I've seen people say after taking 3 capsules the replay of traumatic events in the mind immediately stopped.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,317 times in 185 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)
    To my utter amazement, I found the following to be true for me:

"I have a moral obligation to be happy"

Sometimes all that is needed is some comfort. A little ray of hope in the form of golden pink, holding that near the heart. Allowing is the first step to healing. Let it happen and it will ...

Blessings
    Hello, LiquidMind,

When I was in my 20's, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. The reason I didn't is similar to what Bluegreen said. It wasn't what I was supposed to do. I felt I was at a crossroads and I had a choice. So I did everything opposite to the state I was in. Over time, I came back into balance again.

Eat your favorite foods, watch some movies, go for a walk in a nice place. It all helps to come back into balance again.

If you take Bill's advice and buy some Rescue Remedy, buy some Bach Flower Mustard and Bach Flower Gorse too.

Rescue Remedy is for trauma and for when your life is waaay too intense. Mustard is for depression that comes on for no reason. Gorse is for depression based on hopelessness or despair.

Best wishes to you.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sunny For This Post:

Aurvandil (14th February 2016), Becky (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Bluegreen (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), Iloveyou (12th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), quiltinggrandma (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), Sierra (13th February 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Quote Posted by LiquidMind (here)
    I keep saying, ready to go - ready to go Lord. Ready to go Home. I just can't take this planet - at all - never could - been just keeping the organism alive for who knows what. I am so ready to leave. Have nothing to tie me to this place and do not know - or understand what else is needed for me to conclude before I'm beamed back. Never felt part of this world, never wanted to be here and my sheer existing on this plane has been nothing short of a miracle. Pretty sure the home team is as upset as I am at how this lifetime turned out - tried to make it work. The wear and tear and the emotions have just shot to another level altogether.
    I understand this narrative playing over and over again in the mind. However, what I am being shown every day is that our thoughts can and do manifest into reality very quickly (and the dark negative ones seem to have extra power). If you can try every day to recognise negative dark thoughts, reject them and replace them with something positive it might help. Perhaps you can try to to personify those thoughts and treat them like a malevolent being that you can talk back to and show it up as wrong (e.g. What a silly thing to believe because it is not true! You sound very depressed ... you can join me in doing happy positive things today ... if you can't you should leave and go and get some help! ... and so on).

I find that there is tremendous power of manifestation in negative dark thoughts and it is very difficult to manifest the positive and the good, but fake it until you make it and at least try to stop feeding those malevolent beings who feed off our depression.

Now give yourself a huge hug for being a beautiful and sensitive being!
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

Becky (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), PathWalker (15th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), ulli (12th February 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member lightwalker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 times in 155 posts

I read this often....reminds me of who I truly am

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in times of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things and in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things.

Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

lightwalker

CWG Neale Walsch
    Pg. 87

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lightwalker For This Post:

Becky (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Blacklight43 (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), kirolak (12th February 2016), Pam (12th February 2016), PathWalker (15th February 2016), rgray222 (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Thank you for this thread, and for reaching out — and you're not alone here. This is truly the Dark Night of the Soul.

I doubt if there's a single member (or guest, reading this now) who hasn't felt similar profound desperation at one time or another.

In fact, to turn this on its head, there'd be something rather psychopathically wrong with someone if they didn't look out their window on to everything that's happening on Planet Earth to feel occasional sheer despair. There's a lot to feel pretty upset about, if we let it get to us.

What I have pinned to my metaphorical internal fridge door is:
    If there wasn't a reasonable chance of success in this venture, and if I didn't have a specific mission, and a bunch of abilities and opportunities to back it up and at least give things a fighting chance, I'd not have come here.
    There are plenty of other wonderful planets to incarnate on... where there's peace, prosperity, wisdom, spirituality, advancement, and balance.

But I chose this one. And so did you, and everyone else reading this.

And many others, too. The wonderful, gifted superchildren are still coming through. Evidently, they all still feel the same way.

If they ever stop being born here — then we'll know we're in deep trouble. But: so far, so good. This is a serious point.

It's hard to give advice, at a distance, through this very ineffectual medium of leaving text messages for each other on the internet. But, this is what I would suggest to a good friend who felt they were in deep trouble:

• Never stop communicating. Protect yourself appropriately, but don't remove yourself from kind, sensitive people.
    • Always try to do something positive each day, even if it's the tiniest little thing.
    • DON'T DON'T DON'T resort to alcohol or drugs (of any kind). They don't help in the long term — at all.
    • Try to be active — again, even a little bit. Force yourself to go for a walk every day, even a short one.
    • Some supplements help a lot. When depressed or stressed, one can burn up B-vitamins, for instance, really fast.
    • Rescue Remedy (sometimes called Crisis Formula) is wonderful. Simple, very inexpensive, and remarkably effective and helpful.
    • Sleep can be profoundly healing. Again, DON'T use pharmaceutical solutions. Melatonin works pretty well if one is having trouble getting to sleep. (Try different brands, maybe... many people find some more effective than others.)
    • And, again..... never stop communicating.
    Hi Bill - what about if someone you love is in a crisis that has reached the state of full blown psychosis and they will not stop the weed and alcohol (and other drugs)? Sadly, to have them placed in a safe place means the "system" and we know the kind of treatments folks in those facilities receive as well as the "medications" they are given.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

25. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

When there is nothing left to lose, pursue your passion. What have you been too afraid to do because you were too busy paying taxes instead of fueling your dreams? Now is the time to stop living for the system, and live for your self. In that, your creations will manifest your truth into the world and that is what you came here for. You're in a good position now, to let the false 'reality' go and actualize your truth. You're like a budding flower, and Spring is right around the corner!

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Love For This Post:

Aurvandil (14th February 2016), Becky (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Chester (13th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), kirolak (15th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 times in 913 posts

Good advice all around. I can only echo the care all have given.

Sunlight on the forehead penetrates deeply, nurturing the brain and promoting positive outlook. At least 15 minutes a day.

Grounding with the earth helps. There are links within the forum search engine about it's effects. It's good to walk barefooted on the earth, especially on grass as it is a great, living conduit to the healing transferred from the earth.

Taking quality vitamin C in gram form is helpful twice a day.
    (I do not take the same brand of vitamin C in it's powdered packet form because of the added aspartame, aculfame, maltodextrin to it (whatever they put in it these days). Stay clear of anything that has an excito-toxin in it. It is only in products to create addiction and dependence, not for the obvious sweetness it contains in concentrated form. Addiction to sweets creates depression.

Avoid anything that creates a spike in insulin response, instead of a slow steady uptake that is easier for the body to assimilate and distribute the absorbed energy.

We cannot overemphasize the power of HEARING yourself speak about your life in affirmative words. Whispering them is also comforting to absorb deep within the mind's core, touching the heart, awakening purpose beyond the struggle.

It is difficult to focus on sharing with you, Liquid Mind, without the specifics, but I would be accurate in saying that if you confided in a PM with someone about the conditions you're in now, someone or more on the site that strikes the similar sentiments you carry, you'll find the insight you seek, essentially you looking at yourself without the guilt or self-recriminations. I cannot be alone here in the ability to listen, and in listening, learning. The stories I've been told...............I'm surprised people keep them inside, because the lessons they often carry aren't realized until they are released. Released, of course, without endangering yourself in the details.

If anything, the many hearts you've seen reach out to you should help.

Interesting that....Your handle here is Liquid Mind. When the mind changes it's form it may exist in a gas, or in the ether or simply be waiting to solidify itself within the infinite boundless space of the Spirit. What an interesting name. May it be the state of our minds in this exponentially intensive challenge our minds are in now, searching, for the powerful peace we know is our right....
    One of many solutions may exist in the choice of your name.
    Last edited by Hym; 12th February 2016 at 17:38.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Becky (14th February 2016), Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Chester (15th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), Meggings (12th February 2016), PathWalker (15th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

Could it be stagnant energy in your body? Do you swim or at least paddle around in water? I found that helped. . . also, music. There is nothing like Bach to lift the spirit. . . my thoughts are with you; hope the darkness dissipates soon.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2016), Calz (12th February 2016), Chester (15th February 2016), Hym (12th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member wondering's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,258 times in 914 posts

My wish for you is that you read these replies to you, and know that you are not alone. No one's struggle is completely clear to anyone else, but clearly we all struggle. Sometimes greatly. May you be filled with Loving Kindness, may you be well. May you be peaceful and at ease,nmay you be happy.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wondering For This Post:

Calz (12th February 2016), Chester (14th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), RunningDeer (12th February 2016), Shannon (14th February 2016)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Over the course of my lifetime ... family, music and laughter have been a consistent help for depression (and I have my share of grey hairs).

Yes it is becoming an ever increasing challenge.

Many options there ... even staying within the forum there are a number of threads to help make you laugh or let music bring you back.

imho
    Last edited by Calz; 13th February 2016 at 00:28.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Chester (14th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), RunningDeer (13th February 2016), Shannon (14th February 2016)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

If there wasn't a reasonable chance of success in this venture, and if I didn't have a specific mission, and a bunch of abilities and opportunities to back it up and at least give things a fighting chance, I'd not have come here.
    Yes! Nearly exact... knowing this is what has always brought me through my darkest times. Great reminder for us all, thank you Bill.

LiquidMind, I hope the darkness lifts for you very soon and you feel the sun touch your face again.
    Last edited by :Renyse:; 14th February 2016 at 00:52.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to :Renyse: For This Post:

Calz (14th February 2016), Chester (15th February 2016), kirolak (14th February 2016), LiquidMind (14th February 2016), PathWalker (15th February 2016), RunningDeer (14th February 2016), sandy (14th February 2016), Zampano (21st February 2016)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,292 times in 744 posts

And something else. . . switch off the inner dialogue; the day I did that (& never turned it on again) a huge weight lifted.. . . . & clear the energy around you with incense; also, holding a rock in your hand & injecting all the darkness within, into it & thanking her for taking it.. . .

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Calz (14th February 2016), LiquidMind (14th February 2016), PathWalker (15th February 2016), RunningDeer (14th February 2016)

39. Link to Post #40
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Seems I'm not able to absorb much in terms of nutrients. Been taking so much and nothing. My digestive system is out of whack as well as my liver - need a cleanse just can't bring myself to do much of that...tried taking 3 grams vitamin c - didn't make a dent neither did niacin or biotin....am anemic - could be pernicious.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

it just seems to be getting darker in increments. but thank you..

40. The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidMind For This Post:

Calz (14th February 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast