+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast

Thread: Sean David Morton

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,528 times in 32,788 posts

Default Re: Sean David Morton

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    I'm not sure why anyone would want to hear Sean or why would anyone want to give him airtime? Can anyone help me to understand, it's a little confusing as to giving him attention? Isn't Sean wrong for doing what he did i.e. stealing peoples money and now on the run?
    I agree, it's hard to understand. And I totally can not understand Kerry's position. She lost over $100,000 to Sean, and he's not returned, or offered to return, even literally a penny.

Aside: Melissa is due to be sentenced next week, on 24 August. She's really been another victim of all this, but was also knowingly complicit in much of what Sean did.

She's currently recovering — or, I hope she's recovering! — from a very serious stroke when she collapsed in court as she heard the jury's verdict. One might only guess at what the judge will decide.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Chester (15th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th August 2017), Inversion (20th August 2017), Kristin (15th August 2017), mojo (15th August 2017), Nasu (15th August 2017), regnak (17th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017), wondering (28th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy hopefully you can recover the money you invested in Sean Morton. Well there might be a insurance where the broker lost the money or improperly invested it so everyone gets repaid. Well insurance fees might go up but they normally only go up anyway.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th August 2017), mojo (17th August 2017), Nasu (18th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,420 times in 5,645 posts

Used car salesmen having nothing over this guy...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th August 2017), Inversion (20th August 2017), Nasu (18th August 2017), regnak (17th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Sean David Morton saying he was broke and spent the refund already .

trying to argue ,
    Common law ,
    Jurisdiction,
    Not being a citizen of United States ,
    Bonds,

At stake was millions dollars lost by a broker and half million refund from government by a federal court not a state court.
    I honestly do not understand common law and how on YouTube were they rule the court make the judge leave court
    were the true power in the court is the recorder not the judge about jurisdiction of the court.

It was sad reading about Sean David Morton wife getting a stroke get well soon hopefully you get community service or jail in a prison hospital .

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (17th August 2017), mojo (17th August 2017), Nasu (18th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Posted by regnak (here)
    Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy hopefully you can recover the money you invested in Sean Morton. Well there might be a insurance where the broker lost the money or improperly invested it so everyone gets repaid. Well insurance fees might go up but they normally only go up anyway.
    Sadly, the answer is no: his fund was not properly set up, regulated, or insured.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th August 2017), mojo (19th August 2017), Nasu (18th August 2017), regnak (18th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017)

11. Link to Post #86
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

I would be livid if someone lost my money like SDM has done. The fact that Kerry still gives him airtime is beyond comprehension. From watching the above video, he seems to be absolving himself of any responsibility, which I think is completely wrong. I hope they find him and nail his @ss to a jail cell for years to come.

Dave - Toronto

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th August 2017), mojo (19th August 2017), regnak (19th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #87
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,205 times in 5,691 posts

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    I would be livid if someone lost my money like SDM has done. The fact that Kerry still gives him airtime is beyond comprehension. From watching the above video, he seems to be absolving himself of any responsibility, which I think is completely wrong. I hope they find him and nail his @ss to a jail cell for years to come.

Dave - Toronto
    I imagine Kerry justifies the interview by thinking that he will "draw" and that may result in some donations. I can understand that this would be seen as a way to get some of her money back although obviously a minuscule amount.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th August 2017), regnak (19th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Sammy he still has half million of a government refund because he lost millions of other peoples money .

The government want there half million back or a valid place where he spent money ( so they can get it back ) .
    Sean David Morton withdrew lot cash as well as 9,900 so as not to report to government that he was withdrawing cash
    from his account.

Its nuts that Sean David Morton fund was not properly set up so people cannot get there money back from fraud there was a
    local broker who lost people money in stock market but people got 90% back because it was insured .

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (19th August 2017), mojo (19th August 2017), Spellbound (19th August 2017)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Reported by UFO Watchdog yesterday:
    I copy the article verbatim and without comment.

~~~

Morton's Run As Fugitive Comes to Predictable End

Sean David Morton, the bunk psychic who gained notoriety thanks to late night radio host Art Bell and the Coast To Coast AM show, was taken into custody on Monday (same day as the eclipse) by federal agents from the U.S. Marshal's Service. Also taken into custody was Morton's wife Melissa Ann Morton. The arrest ended Sean David Morton's run as a fugitive for the past sixty-one days.

The Morton's were both convicted in early April 2017 on over 50 felony counts involving fraud and conspiracy stemming from their involvement in a tax scheme that netted them thousands of dollars from victims in a straw-man/redemption bonding scheme in which The Mortons told people they could erase anyone's debt. The Mortons also obtained a nearly $500,000 fraudulent tax refund from the IRS. When the IRS discovered the mistake and went to retrieve the funds, The Mortons moved quickly to hide the money, withdrew $70,000 in cash, bought a new BMW, and later lied to investigators about bank accounts involved in obtaining and hiding the funds.

Sean David Morton was scheduled to be sentenced on June 19, 2017 but did not appear as ordered by the court, resulting in a warrant being issued for Morton's arrest for failure to appear. During his time as a fugitive, Morton appeared on a YouTube show claiming he had left the country and was in Iceland. But several things in the video led ufowatchdog.com to believe Morton was still in the Los Angeles area and this information was passed on to the Department of Justice. It was also during this same YouTube interview that Morton claimed there was not a warrant for his arrest.

Morton's co-defendant Melissa Ann Morton was the subject of a conditional release agreement prior to her criminal sentencing next month. That release agreement included the stipulation she have no contact with Sean David Morton. The same release agreement also had the condition that federal agents could monitor Melissa Morton's computer and mobile phone.

In spite of the release agreement, documents show Melissa Morton had been in contact with Sean David Morton. Melissa Morton was arrested on Monday at approximately noon according to records obtained by ufowatchdog.com stating she had been arrested for "violation of pretrial release" and "non-compliance with condition of supervision; contact with fugitive co-defendant". Sean David Morton was arrested approximately thirty-minutes prior to his wife - it was unclear if they were together when the arrests occurred.

The government has asked that The Mortons be remanded to custody due to them both posing a significant flight risk. On Tuesday a judge ordered that Sean David Morton be held in custody. It is unknown when a hearing on Melissa Morton's custody will be held, but she is likely to also be held in custody. The violation of her release agreement also stipulates Melissa Morton must pay $10,000 as she had been released on a signature bond in which the person being released agrees to pay a certain amount if the conditions of the release are violated.

Both Sean David Morton and Melissa Ann Morton are currently lodged at the federal metro detention center in Los Angeles.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

anandacate (24th August 2017), Andrew_K (25th August 2017), BMJ (28th August 2017), Chester (24th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th August 2017), HaveBlue (25th August 2017), Kristin (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), mojo (24th August 2017), regnak (29th August 2017), silverchimes (25th August 2017), Star Tsar (25th August 2017), ThePythonicCow (24th August 2017), uzn (25th August 2017)

19. Link to Post #90
    New Zealand Avalon Member HaveBlue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 times in 346 posts

I can imagine how it went. Sean telling them he does 'not recognize' their authority, and them saying "That's okay Sean, let's see if you can recognize the walls and bars of the San Bernardino jail.

{Note that the original article has been updated since BR posted it to this thread.}
    http://ufowatchdog.blogspot.co.nz/20...-comes-to.html

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

avid (25th August 2017), Bill Ryan (25th August 2017), BMJ (28th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), regnak (29th August 2017), Spellbound (30th August 2017), sunwings (25th August 2017)

21. Link to Post #91
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HaveBlue (here)
    {Note that the original article has been updated since BR posted it to this thread.}
    Thx.

The core part of the update is that they were apprehended together, not separately, and the date of Melissa's sentencing was given.

She might have been treated leniently because of her medical condition and all the surrounding circumstances, but maybe not so any more. Sean's sentence was originally recommended to be some 8 years or so. It'll now be quite a bit longer.

~~~
    The Mortons were arrested at a hotel in Desert Hot Springs, California on Monday when agents from the U.S. Marshal's Service tracked Melissa Ann Morton to the location after discovering she'd be meeting with Sean David Morton, both were taken into custody without incident.

The Mortons appeared before a federal magistrate on Tuesday and both were ordered held without bond. Melissa Morton's criminal sentencing for her conviction in the tax scheme is scheduled for September 19th. A date for Sean David Morton's sentencing in the tax scheme has yet to be set.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (25th August 2017), BMJ (28th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2017), Hervé (25th August 2017), regnak (29th August 2017), Star Tsar (25th August 2017), ThePythonicCow (26th August 2017)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Jimmy Church also posted this on his Fadebook page, on 24 August:
    Sean David Morton's life as a fugitive came to an end this past Monday...the same day as the eclipse...when authorities caught up with Sean and his wife, Melissa, here in SoCal.

They both were arrested at a hotel in Desert Hot Springs, California on Monday when agents from the U.S. Marshal's office had followed Melissa Ann Morton to the location after discovering she'd be meeting with Sean David Morton there.

They appeared before a federal magistrate on Tuesday and both were ordered to be held without bond. Melissa Morton's criminal sentencing for her conviction in the tax scheme is scheduled for September 19th. No date has been set for Sean's sentencing hearing for his conviction.
    According to UFOWatchdog, Sean's sentencing has been set for 18 September, the day before Melissa's.

A couple of small notes from me. Jimmy Church seems to have had a different news source from UFOWatchdog.

"...agents from the U.S. Marshal's office had followed Melissa Ann Morton to the location after discovering she'd be meeting with Sean David Morton there" suggests that they'd physically followed her in a vehicle, and also suggests that they had somehow surveilled her cellphone or e-mails to know her plans. Interesting if so.

The other interesting thing that strikes me is that there's very little chat about this on social media. The FB comments are superficial, and even UFOWatchdog has had almost no response. Here seems to be the only place where any of this is discussed in any depth or consideration.

RIP someone who was once a major figure in the field. This is effectively his 'death'. He may be in prison for 10 years.

My personal opinion is that he thoroughly deserves this. But, few people out there seem to care either way. That's absolutely no criticism of anyone at all. But, maybe, it's an interesting social commentary.

Facebook posts are ephemeral in our times... and so are many people.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (28th August 2017), Blacklight43 (28th August 2017), BMJ (28th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), Kristin (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), mojo (28th August 2017), Nasu (28th August 2017), regnak (29th August 2017), Shadowself (28th August 2017), Star Tsar (28th August 2017), Tintin (30th August 2017), uzn (28th August 2017)

25. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,420 times in 5,645 posts

hey Bill,
    What was Morton known for being premier at? Was he a good reporter? All I personally recall of him was he spoke out on debatable subjects and basically a voice in the alt community. Seen a couple of videos and recall hearing some amazing stories but without sourcing.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), regnak (29th August 2017)

27. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    hey Bill,
    What was Morton known for being premier at? Was he a good reporter? All I personally recall of him was he spoke out on debatable subjects and basically a voice in the alt community. Seen a couple of videos and recall hearing some amazing stories but without sourcing.
    He did some important and valuable investigative journalism back in the 1990s (when it was much needed), with a TV series called Sightings. He did play a significant part in popularizing the early Coast to Coast AM shows with Art Bell, where he was a frequent guest. At his best, Sean was always articulate, entertaining, and compelling to listen to.

He also claims he was instrumental in bringing Area 51 to wide attention, but others dispute this. Glenn Campbell (the 1990s 'Groom Lake Desert Rat') claims, seriously and in documented detail, that Morton was frequently pathologically lying.

It's a massive trainwreck. Just now, I went to the updated Wikipedia page:
    ...and what's now there is literally almost painful to read. Do look.

Again, I do confess I have very little sympathy. He was a fraudulent, selfish thief — or turned into one. That's a fact: I was there.

And there's overwhelming evidence (see UFOWatchdog.com) that he lied about many things he's done. Even his own father stated on record that Sean was a liar.

But OMG, the entire thing is a kind of huge Shakespearean tragedy. There have to be many things to be learned here for everyone who's even just looking on casually.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (28th August 2017), BMJ (28th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (28th August 2017), HaveBlue (29th August 2017), Hervé (22nd September 2017), Kristin (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), mojo (28th August 2017), muxfolder (28th August 2017), regnak (29th August 2017), Spellbound (30th August 2017), Star Tsar (28th August 2017), ThePythonicCow (28th August 2017), TrumanCash (28th August 2017)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Sean David Morton will be released from federal prison in 2023 and Melissa Ann Morton will be released in 2019. During the sentencing hearing, Morton spoke for roughly forty minutes telling the judge he was a sovereign citizen. Morton told the judge it was a mistake that he represented himself in the trial and asked to be assigned legal counsel. The judge denied Morton's request for representation and told Morton he explained the legal options available and the dangers of representing himself prior to trial.

The Mortons were both ordered to pay restitution, were ordered to not engage in any financial or debt relief, and will serve five years parole.

(6 years - ouch!)

http://ufowatchdog.blogspot.co.nz/20...o-federal.html
    Last edited by HaveBlue; 22nd September 2017 at 19:17.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st December 2017), Foxie Loxie (24th September 2017), Hervé (22nd September 2017), Kristin (22nd September 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), mojo (22nd September 2017), norman (22nd September 2017), regnak (22nd October 2017)

31. Link to Post #96
    United States Deactivated geofffxdwg's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,233 times in 135 posts

His new book should be out in a couple of years. Its called "The Sands of Doing Time"

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geofffxdwg For This Post:

HaveBlue (5th January 2018), lunaflare (31st December 2017), Michelle Marie (31st December 2017), silverchimes (3rd January 2018)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks

SDM makes a 15 min call to studiojam 2018-03-19 Strangelet Universe - Sean Speaks From Camp Cupcake https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWj-mljAVI

SMD makes more sensational claims of all the actors and famous people he is celled with. He is the hero in saving a life etc... more begging for money (for his wife of course, who was very happy spending the ill gotten gains before the police showed up) Consider it comedy in that he really expects us to believe any of it!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th March 2018), geofffxdwg (31st March 2018), Inversion (21st March 2018)

35. Link to Post #98
    Thanks

How did I miss this? I guess it is because I only visit the Camelot Portal rarely these days. I am reminding myself of an old adage 'The tongue weighs so little yet few can hold it'

http://projectcamelotportal.com/2019...prison-urgent/

Extract: No one had heard from Sean for a week. He was finally allowed to use the phone today. He has been in the “SHU”, special housing unit for the past week. Totally isolated, not allowed outside, no phones, no computers, can’t read because of being legally blind, etc. Last Friday he used the computers to ask friends to write letters of support for him to the judge, for his upcoming hearing on November 18. He has an answer due on Friday, October 25. As he was being dragged away, they told him this was “solicitation”. Completely legal as he is is own attorney and he can absolutely do that! He is being denied the right to defend himself. This is obstruction of justice.

They beat him up, stripped him and made him sit in a freezing room for hours. They won’t give him his glasses or medications. They ransacked his locker and threw out his medications

Prison Gangs- The "SHU" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pceh7v7N09I
    Last edited by HaveBlue; 16th November 2019 at 12:59.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaveBlue For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), Mike (16th November 2019)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HaveBlue (here)
    How did I miss this? I guess it is because I only visit the Camelot Portal rarely these days. I am reminding myself of an old adage 'The tongue weighs so little yet few can hold it'

http://projectcamelotportal.com/2019...prison-urgent/
    That's a little tough. And I'd never wish cruelty on anyone. What I rather suspect, though, is that Sean has only shared part of the story, and there was some very good reason why he was confined and punished like that — even though it was 'cruel and unusual', for sure.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

HaveBlue (16th November 2019), Mike (16th November 2019), Yoda (17th November 2019)

39. Link to Post #100
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Generally, in prison, when someone is stripped naked and put in a "room" it is because they are considered suicidal; threatening to harm themselves.

I don't agree with this type of treatment, but know someone this happened to. No, not Jeffrey Epstein.

Epstein didn't kill himself.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bill Ryan (16th November 2019), Mike (16th November 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 5 7 LastLast