Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 9 18 LastLast

Thread: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

1. Link to Post #161
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Excellent! Let Simon Parkes answer some of these allegations on the forum here. It might be a bit hard to do with his pants on fire, but he can try!

Several years ago I was almost conned out of not just my life savings but life as I had known it. The individual came across as gentle, kind and extremely understanding. Very soft spoken.

He used spirituality as a way to pull me in and illicit trust. I saw through the scam before it was too late. Thankfully.

This is the reason I have zero patience with anyone who uses the appearance of being high minded and helpful to play on the best qualities of their victims.
    Please note you have my full support/love and appreciation in these regards ...

And tt is very obvious by your previous posts - You have been traumatized to some extent ...

Perhaps you might explain and expand more on your above personal experience ...

Maybe even reveal who victimized you - Was this person a professionally known individual ...

And perhaps should let others here be made aware of this person?

Sending blessing love your way !

PS ~ maybe start a separate thread ?
    Last edited by giovonni; 28th June 2016 at 21:37.

2. Link to Post #162
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,172 times in 13,485 posts

Default Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    So where should we draw the line when it comes to sociopathic or psychopathic behavior from an alleged ET currently in a human body?
    I think some people are going to feel like victims no matter how well they are treated, and that should be a factor considered.
    But if someone who is portraying themselves as a wise and compassionate person persistently rages and heaps abuse on those who come to them for help, they need to be outed, no matter who they are or what their lineage.
    And preferably seek help, as well, though in the case of sociopaths and psychopaths, I don't think we really know how to help, but they can at least, hopefully, be prevented from harming others.
    I don't believe that there is a fixed line to be drawn.
    It shifts from moment to moment, depending on the dynamics of the individuals involved.
    Nor do I think one can "out" them. That leaves only one thing- warn the vulnerable of the deception.
    Which is what Bill did, after having received multiple complaints.

And yet, some people will still risk losing their money, just because there is an offchance of learning some strange new reality about themselves, as if that was going to solve all their problems.
    One would have to be specific and zoom in on the details of each situation, and each case, which also is not always possible.
    So it's the sheer volume of complaints, as well as the reliability factor of those who tell their story.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Agape (28th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Daozen (28th June 2016), giovonni (28th June 2016), greybeard (28th June 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (30th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Sierra (29th June 2016)

4. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,545 times in 20,693 posts

There are too many grey areas when it comes to non-professional counselors, psychic readers, etc.
    There is no professional standard they must adhere to to retain their licenses, as with professionals. (Not that there aren't plenty of abuses by professionals too, notwithstanding.)
    And it's nearly impossible to evaluate the value or accuracy of their feedback to clients.
    So the only control is via word of mouth.
    Unless there is hard data such as recordings of sessions where abuse is meted out, and if there were possible mitigating circumstances, more than one would be highly desirable.
    In the case of whistleblowers there are always going to be controlled attackers and simple loose cannons attackers who will go to inordinate lengths to discredit their targets.
    And that is why I suggest that hard data is preferable to word of mouth, especially if there is more than one such proof.

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    So where should we draw the line when it comes to sociopathic or psychopathic behavior from an alleged ET currently in a human body?
    I think some people are going to feel like victims no matter how well they are treated, and that should be a factor considered.
    But if someone who is portraying themselves as a wise and compassionate person persistently rages and heaps abuse on those who come to them for help, they need to be outed, no matter who they are or what their lineage.
    And preferably seek help, as well, though in the case of sociopaths and psychopaths, I don't think we really know how to help, but they can at least, hopefully, be prevented from harming others.
    I don't believe that there is a fixed line to be drawn.
    It shifts from moment to moment, depending on the dynamics of the individuals involved.
    Nor do I think one can "out" them. That leaves only one thing- warn the vulnerable of the deception.
    Which is what Bill did, after having received multiple complaints.

And yet, some people will still risk losing their money, just because there is an offchance of learning some strange new reality about themselves, as if that was going to solve all their problems.
    One would have to be specific and zoom in on the details of each situation, and each case, which also is not always possible.
    So it's the sheer volume of complaints, as well as the reliability factor of those who tell their story.
    Last edited by onawah; 28th June 2016 at 21:27.
    Each breath a gift...

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AutumnW (1st July 2016), Daozen (28th June 2016), giovonni (28th June 2016), ulli (28th June 2016)

6. Link to Post #164
    United States Avalon Member Sean's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,659 times in 387 posts

Working in Hollywood as I do, I come across various levels of sociopaths daily. Generally, what I've been unfortunate enough to experience is, if you're perceptive enough to see through them..you become their next target, their ONLY target,until you are destroyed. I've been relentlessly slandered over the last few years because I had a falling out with my former circle(circles are how things get done in this town), on top of being courageous(dumb?) enough to criticize Israel publicly. It's why you see the same faces working with the same directors again and again..once you're in a good circle..you'll work.

Conversely, if a strong circle goes against you..you're gonna have a bad time..especially if you're not part of the "white male" club.

I say all that to say, how Simon responds to all this stuff will tell us a lot about who we're dealing with. I say he's a sociopath to the core. I haven't tried to "remote view" him like I said I would..2 jobs/career etc, I haven't gotten a chance to take farsight institute's course yet. But I will.

It almost doesn't matter, though. these stories about him don't strike me as made up or exaggerated. dude has got some issues..or he's in dire need of an assistant. I can't wait to see his response.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sean For This Post:

Agape (29th June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Daozen (28th June 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), giovonni (28th June 2016), Innocent Warrior (29th June 2016), onawah (29th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Wind (29th June 2016)

8. Link to Post #165
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Question Re: Our experience with Simon Parkes as a counselor

Quote Posted by workingactor (here)
    Working in Hollywood as I do, I come across various levels of sociopaths daily. Generally, what I've been unfortunate enough to experience is, if you're perceptive enough to see through them..you become their next target, their ONLY target,until you are destroyed. I've been relentlessly slandered over the last few years because I had a falling out with my former circle(circles are how things get done in this town), on top of being courageous(dumb?) enough to criticize Israel publicly. It's why you see the same faces working with the same directors again and again..once you're in a good circle..you'll work.

Conversely, if a strong circle goes against you..you're gonna have a bad time..especially if you're not part of the "white male" club.

I say all that to say, how Simon responds to all this stuff will tell us a lot about who we're dealing with. I say he's a sociopath to the core. I haven't tried to "remote view" him like I said I would..2 jobs/career etc, I haven't gotten a chance to take farsight institute's course yet. But I will.

It almost doesn't matter, though. these stories about him don't strike me as made up or exaggerated. dude has got some issues..or he's in dire need of an assistant. I can't wait to see his response.
    Yes, living in LA/Hollywood would kinda make you most credible in signalling out the "me type people" ... giggle/smile

I sense Simon has gotten caught up in self absorption via all the alternative media community attention. And it is obvious he hasn't handled his soliciting clients in general very well ... Eitherway - he really does need a professional assistant - Or really should rethink this personal counseling venture services?

It would be good to hear from Simon, though I believe he's probably like most of people, and doesn't take public scrutiny very well ...

9. Link to Post #166
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

It would seem to be ingrained in the Human Psyche to fear something out there is going to get me---watch out be careful
    A lot of the children's nursery rhymes propagate or feed this.
    It might be that Simon unwittingly feeds that need.

In duality because there seems to be something to fear --real or imaginary--there must also be the one that saves --the Saviour figure--the one that knows.

Therapy is mainly about reassuring the client there is nothing to fear.

Seems Simon went in the opposite direction.

Chris
    Last edited by greybeard; 29th June 2016 at 10:50.
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (29th June 2016), Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (30th July 2016), giovonni (30th June 2016), marique3652 (29th June 2016), Stephanie (29th June 2016), ulli (29th June 2016), Wind (30th June 2016)

11. Link to Post #167
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,364 times in 4,613 posts

Quote It would seem to be ingrained in the Human Psyche to fear something out there is going to get me---watch out be careful
    A lot of the children's nursery rhymes propagate or feed this.
    It might be that Simon unwittingly feeds that need.

In duality because there seems to be something to fear --real or imaginary--there must also be the one that saves --the Saviour figure--the one that knows.

Therapy is mainly about reassuring the client there is nothing to fear.
    I think so . It's also how many of the new sects especially those involving different ET types , agendas and conspiracy theory end up in the same loop - fear and saviour paradigm.
    It seems to support 'social dynamics' , discernment between 'true and fake values' ,
    including some proto-spiritual movements people want to hear there are 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and we can fight each other.

Therapy ..from my experience .. is about something else entirely , being there for the client .
    It should focus on and help them to solve their own problems, not use them as a tool of your 'agenda'.
    I can also imagine there are many people signing to such 'counselling' out of curiosity or wanting to be 'accepted' to the 'inside circle' because it's either fashionable or it offers some kind of new identity option .
    Seeing this around the web at all times and how this n that psychic tells people where are they from and it 'totally fits' and 'confirms your idea' ( or not ).
    Beware psychics .. some of your clients can be cunning tricksters too and they'll get you as soon as the session ends
    ( saw cases like that , skeptics and debunkers sign up for reading with naive , outspaced psychic newbie , he/she tells them they're from Orion and the guys then go and have good laugh )

If you are from 'somewhere else' , it's your secret . Your knowledge alone and few ever come to know about it , firsthands.
    This would need whole new thread/topic of course but even here , I fear it may be too sensitive to discuss .

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), greybeard (29th June 2016), Stephanie (29th June 2016), ulli (29th June 2016), Wind (30th June 2016)

13. Link to Post #168
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am happy to take your word for it, Bill, and would not ask anyone to share their recordings online.
    I also very much appreciate your feedback on these issues and your willingness to share it publicly.
    For the sake of clarity, it would be even more helpful if you are able to witness more than one person's recording so that we will know for sure that there weren't mitigating circumstances in the one case that you cited ( which one friend of Simon's has claimed to me privately).
    I don't say this because I am convinced that Simon is innocent of wrong doing, but because I think it's possible he may have been targeted and his vulnerabilities exploited as often happens to whistleblowers, and I want Avalon to continue to treat whistleblowers as the special cases that they are, particularly when they are also Contactees, which means they are under added pressure.
    And there have been cases in the past where even Avalon members have in time proven themselves to have hidden agendas or been untruthful, or simply lacking in good judgement, etc., though I understand your desire to be protective of us.
    You have shown yourself in the past willing to bend over backwards to give whistleblowers enough rope to either hang themselves or prove themselves, and I hope you will continue to do so, as the alternative community really needs the information they provide even if we are tasked with the chore of separating the misinfo and disinfo from the truth.
    If there is more that you know that you cannot share which has convinced you that Simon is following the path of whistleblowers who have discredited themselves too much to be of value to the alternative community any longer, then I will respect that.
    And I respect your opinion that he needs to get out of the counseling business, if that is the case, but for the sake of clarity, can you tell us please where that leaves him in your standing as a whistleblower?
    Thanks Bill.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Of course, I can't and won't share that publicly or privately. It's a little silly, if I may gently say, to ask for that to be posted as 'evidence'. It's for those concerned, and only for those concerned, to share those recordings if they wish or choose. But the session recordings all exist.
    Last edited by onawah; 29th June 2016 at 16:58.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AutumnW (1st July 2016), giovonni (30th June 2016), PRAGMAE (29th June 2016), syrwong (29th June 2016)

15. Link to Post #169
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    Excellent! Let Simon Parkes answer some of these allegations on the forum here. It might be a bit hard to do with his pants on fire, but he can try!

Several years ago I was almost conned out of not just my life savings but life as I had known it. The individual came across as gentle, kind and extremely understanding. Very soft spoken.

He used spirituality as a way to pull me in and illicit trust. I saw through the scam before it was too late. Thankfully.

This is the reason I have zero patience with anyone who uses the appearance of being high minded and helpful to play on the best qualities of their victims.

And tt is very obvious by your previous posts - You have been traumatized to some extent ...

Maybe even reveal who victimized you - Was this person a professionally known individual ...

Thanks for your concern, Giovanni. Because of this experience I'm sensitized to unmitigated bull**it, but try to give self styled 'experts' the benefit of the doubt anyway. I have an equal sensitivity for the other end of the spectrum -- creating unnecessary witch hunts against people who might be merely character flawed but well intentioned.

Simon Parkes peaked my interest as he seemed to be leveraging attention from theories that encouraged people to be intensely afraid.

I also noted that he would combine really terrifying information with over the top flattery. As in-- "you are a very very important universal psychic force. Therefore, different agencies have always had this intense interest in you. As a result, you have been tinkered with mentally, for as long as you can remember! You are so infested and compromised that I don't know if even I can do anything about it. It's kind of creeping ME out!"

I can't remember exactly how this particular poster's experience played out, but you can bet that he tells most of those who contact him for counselling, the same thing. Flattery, fear, followed by intense gratitude towards the guru for being willing to go where other 'adepts' fear to tread. So, creating dependency bonds. Ungood.

If somebody is actually 'infested' the first thing a counsellor should do is try to bring down fear as much as possible.

Lots of red flags there.

Same with the message of not going towards the light. Like after all the truly horrendous trials and tribulations most people go through in this lifetime, they are given an absurdly deceptive mental quiz, that would nullify all of their spiritual growth, by nailing them on a demerit? You went towards the light! Woops. Loud buzzer sounds. You're OUT! This just strikes me as being all wrong on an intuitive level.

Will PM you about my conman experience. I don't want to start a thread about it.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), giovonni (29th June 2016), greybeard (29th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Wind (30th June 2016)

17. Link to Post #170
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

It is always better to forget and forgive the whistleblowers for what they have done in the past or their disagreeable personality, because it is what they offer to inform that is important. As Kerry, who has met many whistleblowers, in an interview said "they are not angels".

I notice that Simon made a probably correct prediction a few months ago, when he said in June and July there will start turmoils. This year has been relatively quiet until June when there are many terrorist attacks and that Brexit is already a big event that may trigger great financial calamities in July, (another post predicts a Greek default.) I think he is also giving believable warnings to what will happen in these two years, similar to the beliefs of Bill and many others.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syrwong For This Post:

AutumnW (29th June 2016), onawah (29th June 2016)

19. Link to Post #171
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Syrwong,

Whistleblowers are defined by their character. They value truth and fair dealing over and above anything else. If someone is a notorious creep, like Andy Warhol, for example, it's perfectly fair to say, they are a creep but let's just focus on what they do, their art.

To evaluate a whistleblower in the same way, isn't wise. A pervasive pattern of abusing clients, runs completely counter to the spirit that drives the acts of whistle blowing.

Because Mr. Parkes, claims to share some common beliefs with Bill Ryan, tells you he is somehow honest? It tells me he is using mirroring techniques to illicit trust. That he is using the same technique to mirror, ramp up and manipulate ideas on the forum and in alternative esoteric culture that engender a strong fear response, tells me he is BOGUS.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Chester (30th June 2016), Daozen (30th June 2016), greybeard (29th June 2016), marique3652 (30th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

21. Link to Post #172
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Becky, who is also an Avalon member since 2013 and a friend of Simon's who handles his bookings, etc. says that he has hundreds of clients who have been helped. If the complaints are the vast minority, what does that say?
    Flash was a member of Avalon for a long time and she reported that her daughter was greatly helped by Simon repeatedly.
    I think he is not an unfeeling person, and psychopaths are characterized by a lack of feeling.
    He has demonstrated clear evidence of feeling depressed, sad, overwhelmed, grateful, etc. on numerous occasions.
    I'm not convinced that he's not just got the same human foibles that most of us do and when under lots of pressure, like most of us, he fails and makes mistakes.
    What makes a whistleblower a whistleblower?
    I wouldn't say that the only characteristic is a sterling character.
    Lots of whistleblowers have demonstrated lots of failings.
    That doesn't mean they haven't blown the whistle on the establishment, and they deserve some respect and gratitude for that.
    Last edited by onawah; 29th June 2016 at 21:35.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AutumnW (30th June 2016), PRAGMAE (30th June 2016), syrwong (30th June 2016)

23. Link to Post #173
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

Noted: Bottom line message, Mr Parkes needs to get out of the counseling business ...

Though I am not going to dismiss his public voice as being all rubbish.
    Why not? Is there any reason to believe any of his claims? He's proven he is dishonest and not above theft, apparently. In the interest of 'balance,' you would believe 'some' of his claims? I'm really curious and interested to know why. I don't get why people who have achieved some degree of esteem and respect, when unmasked, aren't dropped like hot rocks. Like Teal Swann, he is very likely just another shyster with potential to do significant harm.
    If anybody here feels they have been cheated (or fraudulently handeled) by either Teal Swan or Simon Parkes, then they need to take legal action for themselves ... I personally don't believe it's good practice for any forum members to be slandering any individuals here ... And regarding Simon Parkes, I never said I believe everything he says ...
    Once again, 'I am not going to dismiss his public voice as being all rubbish' ... either.
    I have been directly involved in this "community" now for 4 years.

It is my conclusion that anyone... anyone who speaks in any way about unprovable, other worldly experiences must hold the highest of standards with regards to:

complete, all but perfect honesty

accuracy of the details discussed

consistency in their story or clarity as to what they are not certain about and to what degrees of certainty, uncertainty they have regarding every aspect of their story

any interpretations of their experiences be clearly presented as their own, subjective interpretations and do not necessarily imply realities that span beyond their own, personally experienced reality

that any paradigms, either directly presented or indirectly implied are never imposed on others at all in any way

that all interpretations, conclusions and paradigms these experiences suggest are never presented in any way as to apply to groups of others or all others

Conclusions -

Unprovable, other worldly experiences do happen to individuals and on some occasions to groups of individuals.

Yet, in almost all cases I have observed over these last four years there is a great deal of paradigm imposition where the listening (reading) individual's exploration of their own wonderment is robbed.

Of course, just about everything stated above has little chance of happening across the vast community that has now evolved to quite a mature state where there is the same dynamic we see with a small controlling elite (the NWO Globalists) and the rest of humanity, all life on Earth, all life in the immediate area of space including the planets... and that is a small, highly exposed elite that plays the "if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours too" game, where folks can become members of the "mutual verification club" if they play that one well enough, where you get "researchers" like Wilcrook who then take advantage of clearly compromised individuals (in some cases quite willingly) like Goode, etc. who need each other to achieve success in applying "The Formula."

The Formula is -

Step One - Scare the hell out of the vulnerable

Step Two - Convince them "you" have access to vital information the vulnerable cannot possibly get on their own

Step Three - Addict them to your "intel drip feed" (credit to Daozen for the excellent term)

Step Four - Harvest in any form desired and sought - monetarily, energetically, sexually, attention seeking, etc.

Step Five - Repeat until the victim is drained and/or wises up

Continuously troll the internet via any means possible for new vulnerables. Trade vulnerables with others. Never, ever reveal you are a fraud despite how obvious it is... trust me, there are far more vulnerables than ones who have wised up. You'll also have "the sensitive" that will always excuse every single unacceptable behavior in any form you ever produce and they will relentlessly defend you in massively large, ungodly numerous posts until all the rest of us simply get tired and find better things to do.
    Last edited by Chester; 30th June 2016 at 19:14.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (30th June 2016), Baby Steps (30th June 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Daozen (30th June 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), marique3652 (30th June 2016), Pam (30th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Sierra (30th June 2016), ThePythonicCow (29th June 2016)

25. Link to Post #174
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks for your concern, Giovanni. Because of this experience I'm sensitized to unmitigated bull**it, but try to give self styled 'experts' the benefit of the doubt anyway. I have an equal sensitivity for the other end of the spectrum -- creating unnecessary witch hunts against people who might be merely character flawed but well intentioned.

Simon Parkes peaked my interest as he seemed to be leveraging attention from theories that encouraged people to be intensely afraid.

I also noted that he would combine really terrifying information with over the top flattery. As in-- "you are a very very important universal psychic force. Therefore, different agencies have always had this intense interest in you. As a result, you have been tinkered with mentally, for as long as you can remember! You are so infested and compromised that I don't know if even I can do anything about it. It's kind of creeping ME out!"

I can't remember exactly how this particular poster's experience played out, but you can bet that he tells most of those who contact him for counselling, the same thing. Flattery, fear, followed by intense gratitude towards the guru for being willing to go where other 'adepts' fear to tread. So, creating dependency bonds. Ungood.

If somebody is actually 'infested' the first thing a counsellor should do is try to bring down fear as much as possible.

Lots of red flags there.

Same with the message of not going towards the light. Like after all the truly horrendous trials and tribulations most people go through in this lifetime, they are given an absurdly deceptive mental quiz, that would nullify all of their spiritual growth, by nailing them on a demerit? You went towards the light! Woops. Loud buzzer sounds. You're OUT! This just strikes me as being all wrong on an intuitive level.

Will PM you about my conman experience. I don't want to start a thread about it.
    Thanks for the response,

Fully understand your desire to keep private, and please note no need to send me a PM response in regards.

Blesssings Gio

26. Link to Post #175
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Quote Posted by Frenchy (here)
    Simon is quite dyslexic and has had to rely on others to handle many aspects of his email correspondence, Skyping, finances, etc.
    His strengths are in his role as whistleblower and hopefully he will continue to get supported in that role, because I think we need as many whistleblowers with inside information as we can get, even if they aren't always right.
    I think we need to cut them some slack when they are obviously trying very hard to do what they can, which I think is the case with Simon.
    Not to say that they don't need to hear criticism, because I think they do,

End quote - Dyclexic it sefl , is an indication of ' other dimensional abilities ', I put this to any doubters, " Do you really believe that Simon would tread this very dangerous path. as part of an Alien agenda, when, if having entered polytics, .. he could have made millions ?
    My husband is a dyslexic GP, and has other qualities, like photographic memory, and possibly gets interdimensional help with his diagnosis.
    But he does make every possible effort to remain worthy of the trust of his patients. More so than just common courtesy.
    If it is not upsetting to Simon to have so many upset clients then he is most likely under exterrnal control, because it would make no sense that he would sabotage his work voluntarily.
    Is it possible that, at least in his current lifetime, he has lost or never had true empathy? True feelings that each of us are no less important than himself? That each other's time is every bit as important as his own time?

Having lived so far 58 years, I recall when I was very young I saw myself as the center of the universe. I know that I did not grow out of this at an early age. In fact, in honest self reflection, I have still struggled with this issue. But I have recognized it and have made a sincere effort to not just admit when this social illness or whatever it might be has negatively affected others, but to get to the heart of the matter as to why I might have struggled (and still struggle) with this problem. It seems the steps are seeing the problem, seeing that the problem is harmful to others, that I do not wish to harm others and that I have a great desire to make the changes needed so I stop exhibiting the behavior.

So as to the possibility of third party influences, it seems a real conundrum in that at the level of this "shared reality experience" we must take personal responsibility for our words (written and spoken) and our actions... and yet, if unseen, undetected "third parties" are influencing or even puppeteering the actions of some of us, is there anything else that can be done besides just accepting this as a possibility and thus, since it is, we ignore or at least continuously accept the unacceptable behavior?

Or do we call it out? Do we also hold ourselves to the same high standards?

Definitely a tricky one.
    Last edited by Chester; 29th June 2016 at 23:25.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), Pam (30th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

28. Link to Post #176
    Language
    English
    Thanks

... please.

The topic of this thread, started by Alberto e Daniela, is how Simon Parkes handles himself in counseling sessions, and how he manages the scheduling and booking of those sessions, with paid clients. That's all.

It potentially affects quite a lot of people who may be at their most vulnerable.

The thread contains specific experiences, that are problematic and concerning, reported by known, real, people, who are forum members. This isn't casual, malevolent, irresponsible innuendo or rumor.

I've been sent a recording of one session, and it's a horror story. Any certified counselor would be banned for life — with no risk of exaggeration — if a formal complaint was made to the certificating authority. In this case, nothing can be done, as Simon isn't qualified or certified.

Of course, I can't and won't share that publicly or privately. It's a little silly, if I may gently say, to ask for that to be posted as 'evidence'. It's for those concerned, and only for those concerned, to share those recordings if they wish or choose. But the session recordings all exist.

This isn't untrue, invented, any kind of a 'smear' or 'attack', or a false malevolent rumor. It is what it is, nothing more or less, and it's merely pretty awful stuff that breaches any counselor's code one might ever conceive of.
    And think about the conundrum this community faces. On the one hand, we abhor external, authoritative "regulatory" oversights and yet the fact is that there is absolutely no mechanism in place that can be in any way protective of the vulnerable.

Another concern is that places like forums that attract the vulnerable seem to provide a "too hard to resist" environment from which the vulnerable can be harvested. I can understand how hard it must be to know when that line should be drawn. On the one hand, the individual is highly interesting to the forum members and readers and yet, at what point are the number of and significance of reports enough to draw a line? How does a forum do this fairly and consistently? Not an easy task at all.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016)

30. Link to Post #177
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Perhaps we need to break this into two threads?
    The thread is rather too entangled to split. So I am hoping that those who wish to discuss other aspects of Simon Parkes, that aren't on the topic described by Bill above (see here) will find a way to continue those discussions on some other thread.

[Mod-edit: Feeling brave I moved 58 posts from this thread to this one: Our Experience With Simon Parkes as a contactee (split from "Our Experience with Simon Parkes" thread), Hervé]
    Last edited by Hervé; 30th June 2016 at 17:11.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Agape (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Bibi (30th June 2016), Biff (30th June 2016), Callista (30th June 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), onawah (30th June 2016), Savannah (30th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

32. Link to Post #178
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,441 times in 32,921 posts

Becky, who is also an Avalon member since 2013 and a friend of Simon's who handles his bookings, etc. says that he has hundreds of clients who have been helped. If the complaints are the vast minority, what does that say?
    It says the same as would be the case for a doctor who only kills a few patients, an engineer who only has a few of his bridges collapse, or a pilot who only crashes a few times a year.

None of these things should happen at all.

And it's not much of an exaggeration to give those analogies. A vulnerable person who's been abused by a counselor can sometimes experience lasting, extensive damage.

I'd suggest to Becky, who's reading this thread and seems to be asking onawah to make certain points on her or Simon's behalf:

Don't make excuses. Make some apologies. There may be some realities that need facing up to. That would be a good start.

33. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (30th June 2016), Bibi (30th June 2016), Biff (30th June 2016), Callista (30th June 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Debra (30th June 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), greybeard (30th June 2016), Hervé (30th June 2016), Omni (1st July 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (30th June 2016), Savannah (30th June 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016), Sophocles (30th June 2016), sunwings (30th June 2016), Wind (30th June 2016)

34. Link to Post #179
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

As Bill points out there are repercussions in the real world for not maintaining expected standards.

I wonder if there is any value in the here and now to the info that Simon claims is true.
    Does it improve life in any way --is it uplifting?

As a therapist I had to maintain standards and had to document everything I did and the clients response--success rate etc.
    If I did not keep to the standards set out by the training body then I would loose my license.

Coincidently I was a driving instructor for twenty years and the same applied--an inspector would sit in the back seat while instruction was given.

As pointed out vulnerable people and not so vulnerable can be harmed long term by inappropriate counseling.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Alberto e Daniela (30th June 2016), AutumnW (1st July 2016), Bibi (30th June 2016), Callista (1st July 2016), Chester (30th June 2016), Chip (11th July 2016), Shannon (30th June 2016)

36. Link to Post #180
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,571 times in 5,713 posts

It says the same as would be the case for a doctor who only kills a few patients, an engineer who only has a few of his bridges collapse, or a pilot who only crashes a few times a year.

None of these things should happen at all.

And it's not much of an exaggeration to give those analogies. A vulnerable person who's been abused by a counselor can sometimes experience lasting, extensive damage.

I'd suggest to Becky, who's reading this thread and seems to be asking onawah to make certain points on her or Simon's behalf:

Don't make excuses. Make some apologies. There may be some realities that need facing up to. That would be a good start.

I'm not so sure about that, Bill.

I'm jumping on this thread a little late, so please excuse any ignorance, but it seems a bit unfair to be demanding perfection 100% of the time...especially in such unorthodox circumstances.

Maybe i'm a bit raw having just read Cathy O'Brien's book 'tranceformation of america', but it seems to me that there are no safe plays in this unprecedented arena. Risks abound. War is never clean, be it physical or psychological. Someone like Simon might be saying to himself: "in the process of helping 2 dozen clients I may fail 2 or 3...and thats a risk i'm willing to take." It's truly a thankless position to be in. I doubt he enjoys it. It takes courage to press forward. It would be easier for him to throw up his hands and say "no more". It's sort of like the surgeon who takes on all the risky back surgeries that his peers won't touch. Some will be success' ..and some won't. Instead of judging him so harshly, perhaps we should be lauding him.

I dunno...

Just providing a devil's advocate position here.

Consider this: despite your unusually high intelligence and discernment skills, youre still going to whiff on a few whistleblowers. And thats totally understandable. And yet there are people that are going to be emotionally and spiritually disillusioned by it, despite your best intentions. They might be wounded in some unexpected way. It's an enormous responsibility you must feel..and yet, I doubt that a few missteps would stop you from continuing.

If it's revealed that Simon is being totally and utterly and unforgivably irresponsible, i'll eat my words. But it seems to me that he's trying his absolute best in the absolute worst of conditions. Perhaps its a case of him biting off more than he can chew...in which case we should still acknowledge his good intentions just as we acknowledge his shortcomings. In other words, I don't feel he's being deliberately harmful. Unfortunately, we're only hearing one side of the story here. Although I have huge respect for your opinions Bill, I'd be very interested in hearing from some of his success stories before making any sort of final judgement on the man.
    Last edited by Mike; 30th June 2016 at 20:07.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

AutumnW (1st July 2016), BMJ (1st July 2016), drneglector (4th July 2016), Nasu (1st July 2016), onawah (30th June 2016), PRAGMAE (1st July 2016), Reinhard (1st July 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (30th June 2016), syrwong (3rd July 2016), Ultima Thule (2nd July 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 9 18 LastLast