+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: A major key to a long and healthy life: fasting or a ketogenic diet

1. Link to Post #41
    Australia Avalon Member Napping's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: A major key to a long and healthy life: fasting or a ketogenic diet

There's a big difference between stating your less likely to get cancer on a ketogenic diet and pushing such a diet as the Primary treatment of such, which is essentially what you and these clinicians and researchers are referring.

I don't agree with you Paul, im OK with it, you're struggling with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Napping For This Post:

Akasha (24th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    A note on fasting / detox ...

When fasting, drink 10-20 cups of clean fresh water per day.
    Yes, good point.

When fasting, one not only needs to replace the water that had been hidden in one's food, but one should also consume even more water than that.

Just as you describe, fasting causes changes in one's body chemistry, such as releasing toxins and salts that had been buried in one's fat stores. This additional toxin and salt burden in one's blood and other fluids will require extra water to dilute and excrete.

So - yes - plenty of water (so I am told; I don't speak from experience yet.)

"Fresh clean" water is one of my specialties. Someday I should write a thread on the many, many steps that I take to turn my incoming, electrically dead, chlorinated, fluoridated, toxified, municipal water into pure, re-mineralized and energized delicious water.

I worry that relating it all would seem too much like bragging. But if I think of it more as offering up several suggestions, that others might find gets them to thinking about ways that they could improve their own water, then such a thread might make more sense.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 26th February 2016 at 01:54.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th February 2016), Calz (26th February 2016), DeDukshyn (26th February 2016), TargeT (26th February 2016), toppy (27th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 times in 913 posts

Then let me put in a request, Paul, for that thread on making water fresh and clean. I would appreciate it, as would many others.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th February 2016), Calz (26th February 2016), DeDukshyn (18th April 2016), Ol' Roy (17th March 2016), ThePythonicCow (26th February 2016), toppy (27th May 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A high end multi, and maybe a little milk thistle, calcium d-glucarate, or SGS (sulphoraphane) supplementation to maximize detox effects will be very helpful, and reduce the stress on your liver. Also remember that detox really only happens at the cellular level, hence the supplements I recommended.
    Very interesting ... glucarate or SGS are new to me.

The product AOR, Cellular Detox includes these, as well as the probiotic Bifidobacterium longum, for detox, which it explains by saying:
    Bifidobacterium longum (BB-536)

This highly beneficial probiotic strain has been shown to help promote carcinogen detoxification and to help prevent certain types of cancers. Evidence has shown that this bacteria acts to enhance the immune system, suppress the growth of harmful bacteria that secrete toxic substances, bind and eliminate toxic substances and potential carcinogens and secrete anti-tumor compounds. Many probiotics have been shown to reduce beta- glucuronidase activity in the colon, thereby preventing the reactivation of dangerous compounds.
    These, along with the good multi-vitamin (my current favorite - Life Extension Mix Powder) and the milk thistle that you mention, and frequent coffee enemas (with a couple grams of glutathione powder added), should be worth considering.

Thanks!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2016), DeDukshyn (26th February 2016), kanishk (1st August 2016), TargeT (26th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    A high end multi, and maybe a little milk thistle, calcium d-glucarate, or SGS (sulphoraphane) supplementation to maximize detox effects will be very helpful, and reduce the stress on your liver. Also remember that detox really only happens at the cellular level, hence the supplements I recommended.

The product AOR, Cellular Detox includes these, as well as the probiotic Bifidobacterium longum, for detox, which it explains by saying:

This highly beneficial probiotic strain has been shown to help promote carcinogen detoxification and to help prevent certain types of cancers. Evidence has shown that this bacteria acts to enhance the immune system, suppress the growth of harmful bacteria that secrete toxic substances, bind and eliminate toxic substances and potential carcinogens and secrete anti-tumor compounds. Many probiotics have been shown to reduce beta- glucuronidase activity in the colon, thereby preventing the reactivation of dangerous compounds.
    These, along with the good multi-vitamin (my current favorite - Life Extension Mix Powder) and the milk thistle that you mention, and frequent coffee enemas (with a couple grams of glutathione powder added), should be worth considering.

Thanks!
    I actually just started not long ago on a bottle of Cellular Detox, along with AOR's Liver Support. I have some minor liver issues, (the doctor seemed to think my liver was slightly enlarged, but indicated nothing of concern on an enzyme test) - anyway, anecdotally on how I overall feel, I think these two products are doing their job. I seem to have better energy and somewhat improved mood since starting on these. Hard to tell though for many supplements, so I also try to really dig into the research as well, just to give me some confidence that if I am going to take a supplement, there's evidence it does what it is supposed to.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2016), TargeT (26th February 2016), ThePythonicCow (4th March 2016)

11. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I actually just started not long ago on a bottle of Cellular Detox, along with AOR's Liver Support. I have some minor liver issues, (the doctor seemed to think my liver was slightly enlarged, but indicated nothing of concern on an enzyme test) - anyway, anecdotally on how I overall feel, I think these two products are doing their job. I seem to have better energy and somewhat improved mood since starting on these.
    Of course, as you know I'm sure, there's always the Andreas Moritz Liver Flush . Like quite a few members here, back when it was being actively discussed, I flushed my share of weird looking fatty globules out of my liver that way.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2016), DeDukshyn (26th February 2016), StandingWave (28th February 2016), TargeT (26th February 2016)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

I actually just started not long ago on a bottle of Cellular Detox, along with AOR's Liver Support. I have some minor liver issues, (the doctor seemed to think my liver was slightly enlarged, but indicated nothing of concern on an enzyme test) - anyway, anecdotally on how I overall feel, I think these two products are doing their job. I seem to have better energy and somewhat improved mood since starting on these.
    Of course, as you know I'm sure, there's always the Andreas Moritz Liver Flush . Like quite a few members here, back when it was being actively discussed, I flushed my share of weird looking fatty globules out of my liver that way.
    Liver flush has been on the back of my mind for some time ... it keeps getting brought to the forefront ... I should take heed the message, I assume. Thanks for the reminder and link.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Calz (26th February 2016), Ol' Roy (17th March 2016), TargeT (26th February 2016), ThePythonicCow (26th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

[
    "Fresh clean" water is one of my specialties. Someday I should write a thread on the many, many steps that I take to turn my incoming, electrically dead, chlorinated, fluoridated, toxified, municipal water into pure, re-mineralized and energized delicious water.

I worry that relating it all would seem too much like bragging. But if I think of it more as offering up several suggestions, that others might find gets them to thinking about ways that they could improve their own water, then such a thread might make more sense.
    I'll break the ice:

I only drink rain water (which varies from ~7/7.2 ph @ 2-4 PPM during the winter & 15-30 PPM during the summer (when the Sahara dusts migrate across the Atlantic)) I'm not sure on it's electrical properties, I do run it through a paper (wood pulp) filter for larger particles since it's stored in large tanks that are fed from my roof & can pick up sediment.

Going from that to bottled water is hard, it's almost as good as the well water I had in Alaska (that stuff was a solid 8/8.5 PH & a nice 120-130 PPM with great mineral content). I want to add a floating colloidal silver generator in both my cisterns (15,000 gal each) but I've got so many projects going right now... I need to finish whats on my plate first.

so, what's your healthy water approach?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th February 2016), Calz (26th February 2016), DeDukshyn (18th April 2016), ThePythonicCow (26th February 2016), toppy (27th May 2016)

17. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's more on mitochondrial damage, this time as caused by glyphosate (as in Roundup), rather than a carb dominated diet, rather than a fat dominated ketogenic diet.

The list of ailments, most of our "modern" chronic diseases, caused by RoundUp are much the same as, and closely related to, the list of ailments caused by consuming more than a minimal amount of carbs and sugars, including autism, Alzheimers, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancers, fibromyalgia, Parkinson's, diabetes, metabolic syndromes, hypertension, high triglycerides, inflammation, heart diseases, autoimmune diseases, allergies, Lupus, asthma, depression, ...

Mitochondria not only produce the cell's energy fuel, ATP, but are also closely involved with both producing and utilizing insulin, and other critical functions.
    Mitrochondrial Dysfuntion and GMOs
    Jeffrey Smith interviews Dr. Alex Vasquez and Stephanie Seneff about the effects of glyphosate on human health.

The interview concludes with suggestions as to what people can do to heal their mitochondria:
    • A low carbohydrate diet, with a lot of fruits and veggies, such as paleo or paleo-Mediterranean diet.
    • Moderate exercise.
    • Nutrient intake adequate, such as with vitamin and mineral supplements, CoQ10, NAC, chlorella, ...
    • Sunlight exposure.
    • Organic good, GMO's bad.

Dr. Alex Vasquez's website is http://inflammationmastery.com/.

Dr. Stephanie Seneff's MIT page is http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 28th February 2016 at 04:36.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th February 2016), Calz (28th February 2016), RunningDeer (28th February 2016), StandingWave (28th February 2016), TargeT (28th February 2016), toppy (27th May 2016)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

Jeffrey Smith interviews Dr. Alex Vasquez and Stephanie Seneff about the effects of glyphosate on human health.
    Mitrochondrial Dysfuntion and GMOs
    Great video. Thanks, Paul. Some additional notes and a sidetrack to another video by Dr. Stephanie Seneff from the link you provided:

- For insulin to be received, it needs proper functioning mitochondria. Insulin opens the doors to the cells so that the sugar can come in. Without that the doors are closed and the sugar causes problems. The blood sugar gets too high and we call that diabetes or insulin resistance which is a metabolic syndrome.

- The mitochondria makes sure the doors are unlocked. It insures that insulin is secreted and received appropriately.

- Those with type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome and hypertension have mitochondrial disfunction.

- What the mitochondria does is ATP is the battery, it’s how you get the energy into the cells. It’s also related to sugar metabolism through insulin door opening and door closing. The mitochondria also controls the inflammatory balance within the body. And cells death.

- What is inflammation? Metabolic disruption and tissue injury. It can exist in three forms: metabolic inflammation (hypertension, diabetes), allergic inflammation, autoimmune inflammation. The chronic (persistent, long-lasting) low-grade, low level inflammation is defined as metabolic disturbance with cellular injury.

- Metabolic inflammation is seen on a continuum. So the three different types of inflammation are overlapping. Other examples from mitochondrial disfunction are Paul’s list: autism, Alzheimers, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancers, fibromyalgia, Parkinson's, diabetes, metabolic syndromes, hypertension, high triglycerides, inflammation, heart diseases, autoimmune diseases, allergies, Lupus, asthma, depression.

Next is the mechanics of the mitochondria and how it related to the continuum of disease.

- What does Roundup, i.e. it’s active ingredient glyphosate do to mitochondrial function?

- Studies showed that roundup/glyphosate fed cows had high levels in the urine and low levels of manganese (see below for ‘manganese benefits’) in the blood. Glyphosate chelates manganese and all other minerals.

- Chelation is good in terms of how it gets rid of heavy metals. Chelation is molecules hugging each other at the molecular level and these chelators don’t let go. But in the case of glyphosate, it’s a molecule the hugs all these trace minerals and it doesn’t let go. Hence, it’s worthless because it’s not getting into the blood. Roundup depletes manganese in the crops.

- The ADP & ATP is the energy we use. We take in food and it becomes energy. It takes a very specific metabolic pathway. If it’s broken down there’s a problem with the production of the energy from glucose and insulin at the same time.

- Glyphosate also effects the membrane surrounding the mitochondria and that also interferes with ATP production.

- There’s a lot of public debate about Roundup and glyphosate because they haven’t checked the data. When the data is so consistent the question is “Why is there a question about this?”. There’s no controversy in the research. It’s very clear, very consistent.

@ 30:00 - List of disease and disorders possibly related to mitochondrial dysfunction caused by Roundup and glyphosate:

(from Paul’s post) The list of ailments, most of our "modern" chronic diseases, caused by RoundUp are much the same as, and closely related to, the list of ailments caused by consuming more than a minimal amount of carbs and sugars, including autism, Alzheimers, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancers, fibromyalgia, Parkinson's, diabetes, metabolic syndromes, hypertension, high triglycerides, inflammation, heart diseases, autoimmune diseases, allergies, Lupus, asthma, depression,

- Important to understand also is it’s not only Roundup or glyphosate that’s poisoning our mitochondria. Research consistently points to what’s termed as ‘persistent organic pollutants’. The global population is polluted with multiple chemicals such as solvents, pesticides, herbicides, flame retardants, other industrial chemicals, rocket propellants, mercury, etc.

@ 33:00 - How glyphosate can be synergistic with these other toxins?

Action steps we can take to avoid mitochondrial dysfunction @ 41:39.

- Living clean in general, i.e. avoid through environment or food intake.

How to avoid exposure to Roundup
    • Don’t use the products around the home. Eat organic. Recent study showed that after one week of an organic diet, people’s pesticide levels dropped by 90%.
    • With proper nutrition promote/support those detoxification pathways.
    • To avoid nutritional deficiencies take a multivitamin.
    • Exercise.
    • Avoid the new sources of glyphosate exposure because of the new environmental protection agency’s decision(s) which means we are exposed to more than Roundup crops, soy, corn, cotton, canola, sugar beets, and alpha. All of those are sprayed with Roundup and the sugar beet pulp is fed to animals. In addition to the genetically engineered crops mentioned there’s also exposure to spraying other crops. Where the strategy is to spray Roundup a few days before harvest. And these are crops that are not Roundup ready. So they die when they are exposed to Roundup. Why? It causes the plant to immediately go to seed as an acute reaction to the toxic exposure and that synchronizes production and increases yield. Hence, a much lower residual to clear up for next season and a head start on next year’s crop and weeds. There’s a direct correlation of wheat spraying and an increase to Celiac disease, which is a wheat glutton intolerance. Also with barley and sugar beets and possibly with other types of crops. They are not Roundup ready, the intention is to kills the plant. They’re not even measuring how much glyphosate is going into the seed.

@ 46:34 - General recommendations for improved mitochondrial function (from Paul’s post):
    • Plant based diet. It’s doesn’t have to be a 100% vegetarian diet. Make sure you get a lot of fruits and vegetables in it and adequate protein.
    • Low carbohydrate diet.
    • Too much sugar impairs the mitochondrial function, so low carbohydrate diet, i.e. paleo-Mediterranean diet.
    • Low grade to moderate exercise. Benefits are aerobic and detox through sweating.
    • Nutrient intake adequate, such as with vitamin and mineral supplements, CoQ10, NAC, chlorella, ...
    • Sunlight exposure.

* Additional reinforce/review notes.

Manganese benefits include:
    1. healthy bone structure, bone metabolism, assist in creating essential enzymes for building bones
    2. important for the normal functioning of the brain and proper activity of our nervous system throughout the body
    3. formation of connective tissues, absorption of calcium, proper functioning of the thyroid gland and sex hormones, regulation of blood sugar level, and metabolism of fats and carbohydrates
    [manganese link]

What are mitochondria?
    • Mitochondria are tiny compartments found within cells. They perform lots of different and important functions to keep us healthy.
    • The most crucial role that mitochondria perform is to convert energy locked in food into energy that the cell can use. In that respect they act like miniature batteries providing power to the cell when required. In fact, the main reason we breathe oxygen is so that this process of energy conversion can take place in mitochondria!
    What do mitochondria do?
    • They make energy. Mitochondria are often referred to as the powerhouses of the cells. They generate the energy that our cells need to do their jobs.
    [article]

The New Food Order: How Glyphosate,
    Herbicides & GMO’s Are Shaping Our Future

Two quick points from the end:

- They also spray glyphosate right before the harvest. Worst than GMOs is glyphosate. It’s doing even more harm. There is no laws that mandate that glyphosate be labeled.

- Dr. Stephanie Seneff says forget about GMOs and go straight to glyphosate because it’s a much more serious problem. Just the GMO labeling is not enough. It has to say organic. Glyphosate does more harm than Roundup. Glyphosate is the poison within it. The glyphosate is much clearer. Because it is a poison and you know exactly what it’s disrupting physiologically and you can predict what it’s going to cause and it matches everything that’s happening.

Published on Nov 13, 2014

Guest: Dr. Stephanie Seneff, Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. Dr. Seneff Holds Multiple Degrees from MIT including: B.S. in Biophysics, M.S. and E.E. in Electrical Engineering, Ph.D in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science. Her Approach Includes Analysis and Synthesis of Data from the Research Literature & Web-Based Epidemiological Data

Pigs’ Stomach on GMO Roundup Corn and Soy Diet
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 7th March 2016 at 14:40.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th February 2016), Ewan (28th February 2016), Karezza (3rd April 2016), Linderlou (24th May 2016), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2016), toppy (27th May 2016)

21. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Great video. Thanks, Paul. Some additional notes and a sidetrack to another video by Dr. Stephanie Seneff from the link you provided:
    Very informative post. Thanks, RunningDeer.

Here's a video interview of one person's experience changing to a ketogenic diet that I just enjoyed listening to.

Peter Attia (website: EatingAcademy.com) is a medical doctor who is also a high performance endurance athlete, who is very articulate about his change to a ketogenic diet.

Towards the end of the interview, he notes that those who seem to benefit more from a ketogenic diet are endurance athletes (as I was in my youth), and those looking for optimum mental acuity throughout the day (as I wish I had now.) On the other hand, those doing short, high intensity events such as sprints or weight lifting seem not to benefit as much.

I feel like I've lost much of the last 20 years of potential mental productivity to feeling groggy in the afternoon ... I want that mental alertness back. When I was in high school, being on a low carb diet (too poor to afford most store bought carbs) and running hours a day (such as doing a manual labor job all day, and then going for some serious exercise for a couple of hours), my mind was non-stop clear. With the improved income and conversion to a more typical American diet, I got dumber, and had fewer hours of productivity. Enough caffeine and adrenaline pushed past that for a few years, but that's a self-limiting approach.

Anyway, do listen to Peter Attia, above ... he's far more engaging and informed in this than I am (and likely better eye candy for the ladies as well.)

The book that Peter refers to near the end of the interview is The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable, by Jeff Volek and Stephen Phinney

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Baby Steps (28th February 2016), Ewan (28th February 2016), RunningDeer (28th February 2016), StandingWave (4th March 2016), toppy (27th May 2016)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

I for one would be very interested in hearing more about this. I currently filter tap water with a Berkey filter + fluoride filter.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th March 2016), Ewan (28th February 2016), RunningDeer (28th February 2016), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2016), ulli (17th March 2016)

25. Link to Post #53
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

On fasts and diets, if one can get one's hands on it, here is one very interesting study from the beginning of last century when Rockefeller's AMA wasn't yet fully consolidated:

"Health via Food" by William H. Hay.

PDF of "Health via Food" here: http://soilandhealth.org/wp-content/...020165.hay.pdf
    Last edited by Hervé; 29th February 2016 at 15:57.
    "La réalité est un ręve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

RunningDeer (28th February 2016), seko (29th February 2016), ThePythonicCow (28th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

[*]Organic good, GMO's bad.

I think this is debatable, honestly I think it's too new to say "bad" just yet.

Quote Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are often demonized - but what does the latest science say about their safety and benefit to society? John Entine from the Genetic Literacy Project joins Stefan Molyneux to discuss the propaganda about GMOs and whether the fear around genetic engineering is warranted.

Jon Entine is founder of Genetic Literacy Project and author of seven books, including Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We are Afraid to Talk About It. Get the book here: http://www.fdrurl.com/taboo-book

Crop Chemophobia: Will Precaution Kill the Green Revolution
    http://www.fdrurl.com/crop-chemophobia

For more from Jon Entine please check out: http://www.jonentine.com and http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

28. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    [*]Organic good, GMO's bad.

I think this is debatable, honestly I think it's too new to say "bad" just yet.
    In general, yes, Genetic Modification could be used for good or bad.

Presently however, it seems to be mostly used to improve resistance to herbicides such as Monsanto's glyphosate.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th March 2016), TargeT (9th March 2016)

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Pretty good overview on the topic:

Quote Fasting Diets Are Gaining Acceptance
    Mark Mattson, a neuroscientist at the National Institute on Aging in Maryland, has not had breakfast in 35 years. Most days he practices a form of fasting — skipping lunch, taking a midafternoon run, and then eating all of his daily calories (about 2,000) in a six-hour window starting in the afternoon.

“Once you get used to it, it’s not a big deal,” said Dr. Mattson, chief of the institute’s laboratory of neurosciences. “I’m not hungry at all in the morning, and this is other people’s experience as well. It’s just a matter of getting adapted to it.”

In a culture in which it’s customary to eat three large meals a day while snacking from morning to midnight, the idea of regularly skipping meals may sound extreme. But in recent years intermittent fasting has been gaining popular attention and scientific endorsement.
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/0...ng-acceptance/
    Where are you?

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th March 2016), ThePythonicCow (10th March 2016), ulli (17th March 2016)

32. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Another good article on the benefits of high fat diets, especially saturated fats, with a balance of Omega 3 and 6 oils, especially avoiding industrially processed the excess of processed Omega 6 oils in a conventional "modern" diet: Could Eating Saturated Fats Save 1 Million Lives per Year? (Dr. Mercola)

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (19th March 2016), Baby Steps (17th March 2016), RunningDeer (17th March 2016), TargeT (17th March 2016)

34. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,309 times in 18,139 posts

I finished this book, “Low Carb, High Fat Food Revolution: Advice and Recipes to Improve Your Health and Reduce Your Weight,” by Andreas Eenfeldt. You can get most of the information from Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt’s 39 minute presentation, “The Food Revolution”. It’s a short video with convincing data and graphics. I’m experimenting which includes ridding a long held belief system.

The Food Revolution 2016

Published on Mar 11, 2016

It starts with a truck driver getting arrested for smuggling... butter. Why?

Perhaps it has something to do with why the whole world started getting obese and diabetic in 1984. And why these epidemics keep getting worse all the time, with new records broken every year.

Could people get lose weight and reverse diabetes type 2 by ignoring the dietary guidelines and doing the opposite instead? Eating delicious foods?

In this 2016 talk Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt talks about how to empower people everywhere to revolutionize their health – before it's too late.

Learn more:
    http://www.dietdoctor.com

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alan (10th April 2016), Ol' Roy (17th March 2016), TargeT (17th March 2016), ThePythonicCow (17th March 2016), toppy (27th May 2016), transiten (24th May 2016)

36. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    I finished this book, “Low Carb, High Fat Food Revolution: Advice and Recipes to Improve Your Health and Reduce Your Weight,” by Andreas Eenfeldt. You can get most of the information from Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt’s 39 minute presentation, “The Food Revolution”. It’s a short video with convincing data and graphics. I’m experimenting which includes ridding a long held belief system.
    He's good - thanks!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

RunningDeer (17th March 2016), TargeT (17th March 2016)

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 times in 321 posts

Thanks!
    I wonder what your opinion is on the information that as we age, our stomach's ability to break down and absorb supplements becomes an issue, unless the supplement is in liquid form.
    I have found this to be true for me with some vitamins, such as D and some B's, the problem is that many don't come in that format...what then?
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

39. The Following User Says Thank You to seah For This Post:

toppy (27th May 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast