+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Should channelling possibly be one case where the baby is not worth saving bathwater-wise?

1. Link to Post #1
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

Default Should channelling possibly be one case where the baby is not worth saving bathwater-wise?

I wonder whether we would lose or gain if all channellings that are posted worldwide disappeared over night?

I myself have had some insight from channellings, but a huge majority of time they are imo worse than worthless - think about for example Sheldan Nidle as an example - prosperity funds arriving any day now for ten (Edit: 20) years?

One might think that why let one rotten apple spoil the harvest, but it seems to me that the harvest is rotten and a few good apples may not be able to save it.

I appreciate that this really is not a black and white issue, but am anyhow interested in how do you feel about it? What really would be lost in the end if ALL channellings would categorically go away? I mean they really donīt contain anything, but perhaps tomorrow they will? They are kind of addicting social media of galactic entourage that you donīt wantīt to miss out on, although they donīt really have almost any concrete value (but perhaps the next will?)

Actually I dare you, even doubly so: tell me one example of tangible, useful and authenticateable or perhaps even turned-out-true channelled information that you have ever read?

UT
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 28th February 2016 at 05:56.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Agape (29th February 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), Enola (27th February 2016), Eram (28th March 2016), greybeard (27th February 2016), Heart-2-Heart (28th February 2016), Ivanhoe (1st March 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), marique3652 (29th February 2016), Nasu (28th February 2016), Shannon (27th February 2016), shijo (27th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

Default Re: Should channelling possibly be one case where the baby is not worth saving bathwater-wise?

Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    I wonder whether we would lose or gain if all channellings that are posted worldwide disappeared over night?

I myself have had some insight from channellings, but a huge majority of time they are imo worse than worthless - think about for example Sheldan Nidle as an example - prosperity funds arriving any day now for ten years?

One might think that why let one rotten apple spoil the harvest, but it seems to me that the harvest is rotten and a few good apples may not be able to save it.

I appreciate that this really is not a black and white issue, but am anyhow interested in how do you feel about it? What really would be lost in the end if ALL channellings would categorically go away? I mean they really donīt contain anything, but perhaps tomorrow they will? They are kind of addicting social media of galactic entourage that you donīt wantīt to miss out on, although they donīt really have almost any concrete value (but perhaps the next will?)

Actually I dare you, even doubly so: tell me one example of tangible, useful and authenticateable or perhaps even turned-out-true channelled information that you have ever read?

UT
    I have not successfully vetted out the Bashar channeling as false. That does not mean its a source of true information, I'm just concluding that to my surprise I really struggle with busting Bashar. Here is an example of a pretty profound channeling of that source:

Last edited by WhiteLove; 27th February 2016 at 18:32.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Agape (29th February 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), greybeard (27th February 2016), Heart-2-Heart (28th February 2016), Holly Lindin (1st March 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), kirolak (28th February 2016), marique3652 (29th February 2016), Shannon (27th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (28th February 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,578 times in 32,794 posts

Default Re: Should channelling possibly be one case where the baby is not worth saving bathwater-wise?

It's interesting to speculate (and the true % can never be established): but as a personal estimate, I'd guess that 90-95% of internet-published channeling is nonsense and can be completely discarded. It might be even more than that.

It's
    • Either injected nonsense coming from a high-tech, covert human source (and there's good reason to suspect that's what's happening in at least some cases, and possibly many),
    • Injected nonsense coming from a NON-human source, which is also quite possible (does anyone think there aren't any trickster ETs or discarnate beings?) — and/or, maybe embellished/amplified by —>
    • Sheer fantasy/delusion on behalf of the channeler. (There's lots of evidence for this, too, as many channelings are trivially nation- and culture-specific, talking about Obama, NESARA, the Dinar, and other things (even Donald Trump!) that no ET or benevolent spirit would ever care about or consider important.

If we had access to, say, a purported CIA document that we strongly suspected was 90% false, would we keep it? I wouldn't. Its very created purpose would be to confuse and distract from the truth.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 27th February 2016 at 18:33.

6. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (29th February 2016), alh02 (28th February 2016), Anchor (30th March 2016), avatar (1st March 2016), Becky (28th February 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), Curt (27th February 2016), Dylansdad (27th May 2017), Enola (27th February 2016), fourty-two (28th February 2016), frodo13 (29th February 2016), greybeard (27th February 2016), Heart-2-Heart (28th February 2016), Heartsong (2nd March 2016), Ioneo (27th February 2016), Jhonie (28th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), kirolak (28th February 2016), marique3652 (28th February 2016), Mike Gorman (29th February 2016), Nan (28th February 2016), Omni (9th July 2016), Pharos (27th February 2016), seko (28th February 2016), Shannon (29th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), TargeT (27th February 2016), Ultima Thule (28th February 2016), WhiteLove (27th February 2016), Wind (8th March 2016), wnlight (28th February 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

And Lightworkers.org. The place from hell.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

greybeard (27th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), kirolak (28th February 2016), marique3652 (28th February 2016), Omni (9th July 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (28th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

A Course in Miracles was channelled over several years and without doubt has been helpful to spiritual seekers, myself included
    Also the Abraham Channelled through Esther Hicks has helped many with good solid advice.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

animovado (21st July 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), fourty-two (28th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), marique3652 (29th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (28th February 2016), wnlight (28th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    If we had access to, say, a purported CIA document that we strongly suspected was 90% false, would we keep it? I wouldn't. Its very created purpose would be to confuse and distract from the truth.
    Possibly if you read them purely as fictional and pull concepts out they may be useful? I've heard great things about the Law of One (or something... I can't bring myself to read it).

I'm of the same mindset (I think) as Bill, I can't even bring myself to read/watch them anymore.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

alh02 (28th February 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), marique3652 (28th February 2016), Nan (28th February 2016), Pam (3rd March 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (28th February 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteLove (here)
    Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)

I myself have had some insight from channellings, but a huge majority of time they are imo worse than worthless - think about for example Sheldan Nidle as an example - prosperity funds arriving any day now for ten years?

UT
    I have not successfully vetted out the Bashar channeling as false. That does not mean its a source of true information, I'm just concluding that to my surprise I really struggle with busting Bashar. Here is an example of a pretty profound channeling of that source:

Thank you for the Bashar-video.

The solid claim in the video was that the so-called "Founders" put the moon where it is, 11 000 years ago.
    There is at least quite possible cave painting evidence of moon being in place 15 000 years ago:
    http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technolo...endar-1.253707

The moon is weird in all the ways Bashar mentions, ratio, distance etc., but does that lend credibility to the channelling? In the end I would say not. There may something there, but basically that channelling was a faery tale, telling a story of known facts and seemingly missing its mark in the only solid claim it made. Otherwise it seemed to connect Hoaglands and Drunvalos literature and hinting at "the chamber" under the sphinx.

I can't solidly say that this channelling is false, but it doesn't really seem right enough to have data points to verify. Lot's of nice words, which is, well, nice.

UT
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 28th February 2016 at 08:10.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Agape (29th February 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), marique3652 (29th February 2016), Pam (3rd March 2016), Shannon (29th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    A Course in Miracles was channelled over several years and without doubt has been helpful to spiritual seekers, myself included
    Also the Abraham Channelled through Esther Hicks has helped many with good solid advice.

Chris
    Would it be fair to say that some of the (possibly) more credible channellings are in general less full of "niceties" and more to the point? Not fitting into the same linguistic lots-of-nice-words-but-saying-nothing -formula that they mostly contain?

UT

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

alh02 (28th February 2016), Calz (29th February 2016), Dylansdad (27th May 2017), Enola (28th February 2016), greybeard (28th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

It might be that 'Channeled messages/info' are a prompt rather than a set in stone conclusion.

Think about any so called message coming from across galaxy's, from higher dimensions, our personal/individual vib levels, time lines are very intermittent.
    We waver our way along, some days strong of path while other days we are far from our desired levels.

So channeled messages could be seen as possible outcomes of the time they where sent/received.
    We waver and so dose our out-coming realities!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Nasu (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (28th February 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    It might be that 'Channeled messages/info' are a prompt rather than a set in stone conclusion.

Think about any so called message coming from across galaxy's, from higher dimensions, our personal/individual vib levels, time lines are very intermittent.
    We waver our way along, some days strong of path while other days we are far from our desired levels.

So channeled messages could be seen as possible outcomes of the time they where sent/received.
    We waver and so dose our out-coming realities!

I appreciate the concept. However when you pick up a record of certain channellers, Michael Quincey, Sheldan Nidle, Greg Giles(stepped out of his mindcontrol box already) - to name a few long-standing stereotypical examples - what you see is: decade to two decades of imminent a. Arrests, b. Dark cabal surrender, c. Mass landings and d. Go about your daily business and don't worry about it.

I am trying to make a point that they DO make claims that they push along to next week repeatedly, for decades.

UT

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

greybeard (28th February 2016), marique3652 (1st March 2016), Omni (9th July 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

So. You are fairly sure that the Bible does not contain any channellings? No messages from an angel? Should we throw out the whole book just in case? Along with the Quran which is a known channelling from an angel?

If you are not able to discern the true channellings from the others, then you better not read any of them.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (29th February 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

I think there is a difference between mediums who channel their higher self or guardian angels and those who make up very elaborate messages supposed to be from specific exotic personalities with a strong agenda to it.

I have come accross some good mediums and have some experience with automatic writing myself. This seems to be a more authentic way of conveying truth.

The problem is that certain people are capitalising on this phenomenon and posing as false oracles.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

marique3652 (1st March 2016), Shannon (29th February 2016), silverfish (29th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (29th February 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,715 times in 191 posts

I wouldn't want to argue with those estimates - that the majority of channelled information is totally fabricated. I think I gained a huge amount from taking seriously the information found in A Course in Miracles and The Seth Material though.

As far as I see it, anything that could be said of channelled information, purely in it's information form, could also be said of someone speaking 'as themselves,' so to speak. No one person, it would seem to me, can be absolutely sure where the information coming out of their own mouths is coming from in this infinite, multidimensional info-verse, let alone out of someone else's.

So if that's true, the same caution should be applied when dealing with someone speaking for themself, as for with channelled information. Hopefully we're doing that, but it's obvious we have a LONG way to go before we exercise the right level of caution, in either case.
    Last edited by Apulu; 28th February 2016 at 19:47.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apulu For This Post:

animovado (21st July 2016), earthdreamer (2nd March 2016), marique3652 (3rd March 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (29th February 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

There are definitely lot's of dodgy chanelling. I don't read much. BUT there is some that has been very helpful to my development. The Seth material was pivitol for me. Galactic type stuff e.g. Nidle, Qincy etc that is materially focused yas never resonated for me. But there are some that focus on energy and inner development that has been very useful to me at certain times. I always felt that lauren Gorgo was good... but now she charges for the glchanelled parts...though her own discussion is still free. When it was all free i always found the chanelled stuff much higher and more pure than her perspective.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

animovado (21st July 2016), earthdreamer (2nd March 2016), marique3652 (3rd March 2016), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2016), Ultima Thule (29th February 2016)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    So. You are fairly sure that the Bible does not contain any channellings? No messages from an angel? Should we throw out the whole book just in case? Along with the Quran which is a known channelling from an angel?

If you are not able to discern the true channellings from the others, then you better not read any of them.
    Now that you say it - I wouldn't be at all sure we'd be worse off if bible and quran were thrown out with the same bathwater we throw away channellings in general.

The track record of both books are not very nice. The bible definitely has many interesting concerns about its origins, check out Biglinos Unexpected Bible - I think there is a thread about it in PA.

Regarding your statement of how one shouldnīt read channellings if one is not able to discern true from false - do you mean you yourself can and perhaps I for example cannot? In this thread this canīt slide, the discussion cannot stop in an ambiguous statement like this.

So:
    • What makes you (or anyone else) certain of your ability of discernment?
    • How exactly in your opinion do you (or think someone should) discern a true channelling from a false one?
    • Would you be okay in giving your opinion as to exactly what sources of channelling (top 5?) are true and which (worst 5) are false?

UT

Edit: personally - I would give up all religions in a heartbeat in exchange for global acceptance of the following:

Do only to others as you wanīt to be done to you + there is no escape of the responsibility for your actions. Death does not give a free pass out of responsibility - for better or for worse.

You donīt need holy pearls, holy carpets, holy cities, holy prayer times, holy hats, holy staffs, holy symbols, holy buildings, holy waters, holy biscuits, holy meats, holy hours to eat and not to eat, holy garments, holy titles, holy ceremonies, holy prayers, holy altars, holy opinions or even holy s**t to get along just fine.
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 29th February 2016 at 09:14.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Calz (29th February 2016), Dylansdad (27th May 2017), Heart-2-Heart (29th February 2016), Holly Lindin (1st March 2016), marique3652 (1st March 2016), silverfish (29th February 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Enola (here)
    I think there is a difference between mediums who channel their higher self or guardian angels and those who make up very elaborate messages supposed to be from specific exotic personalities with a strong agenda to it.

I have come accross some good mediums and have some experience with automatic writing myself. This seems to be a more authentic way of conveying truth.

The problem is that certain people are capitalising on this phenomenon and posing as false oracles.
    I do very much appreciate the punctual, occasional help from a person with psychic skills as well as from my inner source - whoever or whatever that is.

The beef I have is with channellings claiming to originate from UFOs, archangels etc. that continue year in year out, containing really nothing but a vague innuendo to keep the reader passive for another week.

Are many alternative news sources then really different? How about Benjamin or VT, Sorcha etc? Same thing in different wrapping?

What I aim in this discussion is to really take a good look at channellings and the claims they make, with no slack. If we don't do that and leave it be, I feel it is similar to facilitating an alcoholic.

By facilitating channellings, I mean we should not let inaccuracies, errors and dates slide - if a date of sort or exact event is mentioned and nothing happens, it should not be let mercifully slide - in the spirit of "these are only potentials of energy", "things must have changed" or "we must have collectively outmaneuvred the cabal when we read the channelling". The reader should not make excuses for the channeller.

No slack should be allowed at all - after all a "higher" source of information is usually claimed, this should then be significantly more correct than any "earthly" source, anything else should not be expected nor accepted?

In that sense Iīll give an example - the wrong conception of Schumann resonance rising has crept up into many channellings - how can that be if not by injected by the people writing up the channellings? How does that then make the rest of the info look like?

I wonder if the spiritual concept of "my truth" is conceived to be a sort of disclaimer to allow people being completely wrong and not responsible for what they say, for example when channelling?

UT
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 29th February 2016 at 09:21.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

Dylansdad (27th May 2017), greybeard (29th February 2016), marique3652 (1st March 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I suppose freedom of choice/free will reigns.
    Its human nature or conditioning to look out with.
    If there was no channelling then people would look else where.
    There is ego in it.. I found out, I follow, I belong to such and such a group of followers--I got it right, I know, i spent time researching.
    and so on.
    There is a process---I started off following this and that with interest--I wanted to believe in ascension--a better world--tomorrow if not today, a new earth.
    and so on.

Now, years on, my belief--needs--wants ---the few that that remain --are radically different, such is the path of enlightenment.

Don't be hard on those that still look out there for help and guidance from channelling UT -- "Nothing is right nor wrong till thinking makes it so"
    It all relative--"One man's ceiling another man's floor."

Best wishes
    Chris

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

animovado (21st July 2016), earthdreamer (2nd March 2016), marique3652 (3rd March 2016), silverfish (29th February 2016), Ultima Thule (29th February 2016)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    I suppose freedom of choice/free will reigns.
    Its human nature or conditioning to look out with.
    If there was no channelling then people would look else where.
    There is ego in it.. I found out, I follow, I belong to such and such a group of followers--I got it right, I know, i spent time researching.
    and so on.
    There is a process---I started off following this and that with interest--I wanted to believe in ascension--a better world--tomorrow if not today, a new earth.
    and so on.

Now, years on, my belief--needs--wants ---the few that that remain --are radically different, such is the path of enlightenment.

Don't be hard on those that still look out there for help and guidance from channelling UT -- "Nothing is right nor wrong till thinking makes it so"
    It all relative--"One man's ceiling another man's floor."

Best wishes
    Chris

Thanks Chris!

You propably know that I am taking a harder stance here than actually am of opinion, sort of playing the devils advocate here. I have also been really intrigued by many things mentioned in channellings. Mostly they have later amounted to nothing.

There however most definitely exists a "channel" if you will that we have at our disposal in times of need. Iīve had my life saved by such information that was forced into my awareness. One word, shouted aloud in my head. That was all that was needed, after that - silence.

In comparison I would say that information received on a need-to-know-basis seems reasonable criteria for useful information from "outside" myself. One word, life saved - that is a good ratio in comparison to thousands of words saying really nothing in your average channelling.

Thanks again Chris, ultimately I do share your point of view, but for the sake of this thread, Iīll be harsh and try to see exactly how naked the emperor is

UT
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 29th February 2016 at 10:35.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

animovado (21st July 2016), greybeard (29th February 2016), Heart-2-Heart (29th February 2016), marique3652 (3rd March 2016)

37. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Yes UT
    The emperor is totally naked but folks see what they want to see---it took the innocence of an unconditioned child to see the truth.
    Like you something within me has prompted me in life threatening moments---im still here ----laughing

Best wishes
    Chris

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

animovado (21st July 2016), Heart-2-Heart (29th February 2016), marique3652 (3rd March 2016), Ultima Thule (29th February 2016)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

The potential with information that could be considered channelled, is grievous in extreme - that is one point to discuss about this - take for example Heavens Gate cult and their mass suicide. When you listen to what they held as their doctrine, it is not really that far away from todays average spiritual doctrine.

UT
    Last edited by Ultima Thule; 29th February 2016 at 11:31.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

greybeard (29th February 2016), Heart-2-Heart (29th February 2016), marique3652 (1st March 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast