Thread: New understanding of and treatment for Fibromyalgia

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Default New understanding of and treatment for Fibromyalgia

I have fibromyalgia and the only thing that has kept me going is my little TENS unit, (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) which I have to use for at least one hour every day (although of course, diet, supplementation and exercise are important too, but don't get rid of the pain). According to the second article following, Hyberbaric Oxygen treatments are reversing the condition in some cases, though requiring maintenance in others.

http://dailymedicalresearch.com/litt...searchers-say/

Quote Fibromyalgia is a well known, chronic disorder that is most associated with debilitating symptoms of pain and fatigue, but it is also shrouded in mystery, even as the number of patients keeps growing.
    It is estimated that about 5 million Americans are affected by this disease, and many people struggle with ineffective conventional treatments. While the exact cause of it is unknown to mainstream medicine, it has been linked to a result of a traumatic effect – physical or emotional. Diet can also play a strong role, especially in regards to gut bacteria), and an abnormality in the blood vessels of a person’s palm has also been linked to the disease.
    Currently Western medicine’s approach mostly relies on a combination of medications: pain drugs, anti-inflammatories, and a variety of other potentially dangerous prescription medications that may have been approved for purposes other than fibromyalgia (off-label drug use).
    Alternative medicine, however, is always looking for new ways to treat so called “incurable” diseases such as fibromyalgia. Many patients have had success incorporating a variety of therapies into their healing strategy for fibromyalgia: massage, the Feldenkrais method, chiropractic, acupuncture, and herbs and supplements that can be chosen by a naturopathic doctor. One of the most recent alternative methods that showed success in treating fibromyalgia is hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).
    Researchers Discover Possible Cause of Fibromyalgia
    Researchers from Tel Aviv University have discovered that using HBOT greatly reduced or even eliminated pain symptoms in women with fibromyalgia, making it possible for many to quit their pain medication.
    After this discovery, a group of researchers from different universities worked together to explore if this information can provide us more answers about the disease. Based on this new knowledge, they believe that the cause of fibromyalgia is an inability of the brain to properly process pain.
    “[T]he most important finding for me is that 70 percent of the patients could recover from their fibromyalgia symptoms. The most exciting finding for the world of research, however, is that we were able to map the malfunctioning brain regions responsible for the syndrome,” said Dr. Shai Efrati of TAU’s Sagol School of Neuroscience and Assaf Harofeh Medical Center.
    This is not the first time researchers have noticed a different response to pain in fibromyalgia patients compared to other patients. A 2013 study published in Arthritis & Rheumatism found that fibromyalgia patients had disruptions of brain signals that contribute to pain sensitivity, and that provided some explanation to why pain medications have been ineffective for this condition.
    “Our findings suggest that fibromyalgia patients exhibit altered brain responses to punishing and rewarding events, such as expectancy of pain and relief of pain,” stated Dr. Marco Loggia.
    Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Fibromyalgia
    Hyperbaric oxygen chambers provide patients with pure oxygen at higher-than-atmospheric pressures. Usually this treatment is used on patients with carbon monoxide poisoning, burns, decompression sickness and embolisms (obstructions in a blood vessel).
    A clinical trial published in PLoS ONE by Tel Aviv University researchers treated 60 women with fibromyalgia with HBOT for 2 months and found significant reduction in symptoms and changes in the brain activity in 70% of women.
    “The intake of the drugs eased the pain but did not reverse the condition. But hyperbaric oxygen treatments did reverse the condition,” said Dr. Efrati.
    Researchers have found that the treatment works best for patients with traumatic brain injuries. For those whose fibromyalgia was triggered by other causes, patients needed maintenance treatment.
    “The results are of significant importance. Hyperbaric oxygen treatments are designed to address the actual cause of fibromyalgia—the brain pathology responsible for the syndrome. It means that brain repair, including neuronal regeneration, is possible even for chronic, long-lasting pain syndromes, and we can and should aim for that in any future treatment development,” said Dr. Efrati.
    Where to Receive Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment
    HyperbaricLink.com has lists of centers for every state that offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy, including some hospitals, outpatient centers and independent clinics.
    Hospitals (such as Beaumont in Michigan) can only perform the hyperbaric oxygen treatment on patients whose conditions have been approved by the FDA to receive this therapy. Fibromyalgia is not currently one of them. The FDA approved HBOT for diabetic ulcer of the lower extremity, chronic refractory osteomyelitis, osteoradionecrosis, soft tissue radionecrosis, compromised grafts and flaps, crush injuries, and carbon monoxide poisoning, and a few other conditions.
    Independent centers do offer HBOT for “off-label use.” One such center Oxford Recovery Center in Michigan uses HBOT for dozens of conditions, including fibromyalgia.
    source : http://althealthworks.com/8794/resea...myalgiayelena/
    Researchers Find Main Source of Pain in Blood Vessels

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/upl...bromyalgia.jpg

http://dailymedicalresearch.com/fibr...ally-solved-2/
    Quote Researchers have found the main source of pain in Fibromyalgia patients, and contrary to what many believe, it does not stem from the brain. The findings mark the end of a decades-old mystery about the disease, which many doctors believed was conjured in patients’ imaginations. The mystery of Fibromyalgia has left millions of sufferers searching for hope in pain medications. Up until recently, many physicians thought that the disease was “imaginary” or psychological, but scientists have now revealed that the main source of pain stems from a most unlikely place- excess blood vessels in the hand.
    The discovery may lead to new treatments and perhaps even a total cure in the future, bringing relief to as many as 5 million Americans thought to have the disease. To solve the Fibromyalgia mystery, researchers zeroed in on the skin from the hand of one patient who had a lack of the sensory nerve fibers, causing a reduced reaction to pain. They then took skin samples from the hands of Fibromyalgia patients and were surprised to find an extremely excessive amount of a particular type of nerve fiber called arteriole-venule (AV) shunts.
    Up until this point scientists had thought that these fibers were only responsible for regulating blood flow, and did not play any role in pain sensation, but now they’ve discovered that there is a direct link between these nerves and the widespread body pain that Fibromyalgia sufferers feel.
    The breakthrough also could solve the lingering question of why many sufferers have extremely painful hands as well as other “tender points” throughout the body, and why cold weather seems to aggravate the symptoms. In addition to feeling widespread deep tissue pain, many Fibromyalgia patients also suffer from debilitating fatigue.
    Neuroscientist Dr. Frank L. Rice explained: “We previously thought that these nerve endings were only involved in regulating blood flow at a subconscious level, yet here we had evidences that the blood vessel endings could also contribute to our conscious sense of touch… and also pain,” Rice said. “This mismanaged blood flow could be the source of muscular pain and achiness, and the sense of fatigue which are thought to be due to a build-up of lactic acid and low levels of inflammation fibromyalgia patients. This, in turn, could contribute to the hyperactivity in the brain.”
    Current treatments for the disease have not brought complete relief to the millions of sufferers. Therapies include narcotic pain medicines; anti-seizure drugs, anti-depressants and even simple advice such as “get more sleep and exercise regularly.” Now that the cause of Fibromyalgia has been pinpointed, patients are looking forward to an eventual cure. Other expressed frustration about how much they had suffered already:
    “When are they ever going to figure out that things are never “all in your head?” said one commenter. “Whenever something doesn’t fit in their tiny little understanding, they belittle the patient and tell them they are crazy. People have suffered through this since they were invented. Prescribing SSRIs for everything is not the answer any more than a lobotomy or hysterectomy was.”
    The announcement has the potential to unlock better future treatments and undoubtedly has patients all over the world rejoicing that the mystery of Fibromyalgia has finally been solved.
    Source: http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibrom...inally-solved/
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Believer (28th February 2016), Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), conk (4th March 2016), Ellisa (28th February 2016), fourty-two (28th February 2016), Foxie Loxie (28th February 2016), Joe (28th February 2016), Latti (28th February 2016), Matt P (28th February 2016), Richard S. (28th February 2016), sandy (28th February 2016), Shannon (28th February 2016), ZooLife (27th February 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: New understanding of and treatment for Fibromyalgia

Well, I guess my malady is not fibromyalgia. There are serious aches and pains, constant and near debilitating most times, so I have often wondered if it was fibromyalgia. After 40 sessions in an advanced, expensive hyperbaric oxygen chamber the symptoms remain and persist. Disappointed was not sufficient to describe the feeling after spending $6,000 for the treatments, with no discernible improvement.

Hyperbaric oxygen is a wonderful resource, as are many ozone protocols, for many ailments. Please don't let my experience discourage anyone from trying it.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), onawah (5th March 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

Thanks Conk. A PA member kindly sent me a PM about some remedies including Boron, which I plan to try.
    It's certainly a lot cheaper than Hyperbaric O2 treatments!
    I found an interesting article here: http://educate-yourself.org/cn/borax...y03jul12.shtml
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,456 times in 4,332 posts

Jim Stone experience:

How to cure fibromyalgia in a majority of cases

I am going to come right out and say this, and it definitely is medical advice. This will work in a majority of cases. I know it is illegal to claim to provide medical advice, but I am not selling anything so they can stuff it.

First of all, I am going to state the two SOLE causes of fibromyalgia that the scamming medical community will never admit because they want to rake in cash on your misery. They are the enemy, even the corona scam proves this (with false reporting of stats and outright murder to get them on top of it) no, you cannot trust your doctor.

The two SOLE causes of fibromyalgia and all ailements similar, in people who were previously healthy are vaccines and quinolone based antibiotics. There is absolutely nothing else causing it. The medical community knows and it is being done on purpose.

What are quinolone based antibiotics? The two most well known are Cipro and Levaquin but there are many more. They are DNA disruptors and the only antibiotics which actually have an aknowledged ability to destroy human DNA, and before that the mitochondria in cells. They impact mitochondria more than human DNA, but they do both. Because they do this, they should be banned yet doctors hand them out like candy for mundane urinary infections and it is malicious, there's no way out of it. One course of cipro for one week is enough to damage most people forever, but some people will get over it. Repeat doses or longer courses are near certain doom.
    Symptoms of being wrecked by quinolones:
    1. Always tired.

2. Loss of strength (but you may still feel OK)

3. Continuous pain in joints and tendons.

4. The above may appear to be neurological, but it is not neurological and the doctors know it. They'll call it that to cash in and may even dope you with antidepressants.
    How do you easily fix this? First, an explanation of what is going on in your cells after quinolones -

The main problem is caused by the shutdown of mitochondria in the cells that make up joints and tendons. Cipro and other quinolones interrupt calcium signaling which is essential for metabolism and all other cellular processes to take place. Calcium is literally the spark plug in the engine of a cell. Taking more calcium after getting damaged by quinolones will not fix the problem, the calcium channels are permanently destroyed. However taking magnesium which is a calcium antagonist somehow provides an alternative path for signaling, and mitochondria can then function again. Once they can function again, cells are again able to replicate, repair themselves, and produce energy. It is not a one time fix, you have to occasionally intentionally replace the magnesium. This can be done by taking a few grams of magnesium sulfate, or magnesium chloride at the same dosage and re-dosing with a couple grams per week thereafter.

Cipro and Levaquin are the two most common antibiotics that cause this, but there's a huge list. GUARANTEED: If you took ANY of the drugs on this list, have not been vaccinated in the relevant time frame and have fibromyalgia, the cure to EVERYTHING is to dissolve 1 level teaspoon of epsom salt into a glass of water and drink that 3 times (once per day for 3 days) and then whenever needed afterward. You also have to eat lots of meat to give your cells what they need to heal themselves. I recommend making it a weekly ritual to take at least one teaspoon per week this way. The two types of magnesium that work are magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride.

Where do you get those? The easiest is to simply buy unscented epsom salts, which are bath salts. I have a hunch the entire "bath salt" scam was based around shutting down this method of curing cipro/quinilone damage, a bath salt bath will drive enough into you to fix the problem also. If you cannot locate unscented bath salts or magnesium chloride (available at some health food stores) you can get away with drinking the scented salts but it will be yucky. DO NOT TAKE THIS ADVICE TO YOUR DOCTOR. YOUR DOCTOR WILL ONLY LIE TO YOU, THERE IS TOO MUCH MONEY TO BE MADE. DO THIS, AND WHEN IT WORKS, STOP ALL MEDICATIONS, THERAPIES, AND WHATEVER ELSE YOUR DOCTOR IS SCAMMING YOU FOR AND SEE THE MEDICAL SYSTEM AS THE SCAM IT IS, THEY SHOULD BE ALL OVER THIS, AND THEY WON'T EVEN DISCUSS IT. THEY WANT THE DAMAGE.

If they can't wreck your life with a vaccine, (which is intentional, they definitely do it on purpose) - they'll wreck you with cipro, Levaquin or whatever other variant of this type of antibiotic they decide. Ignore all the cute "lots of people have no ill effects" bull****, if you take these long enough they'll get you EVERY TIME and there are plenty of people who get wiped out with a simple 3 day course. Once you get away from the MSM and into the alt web, you'll find out there's an enormous pile of people who are onto this. But it is not easy to make that break. To get started, use the search term "calcium signaling mitochondria cipro" and have at it. This is definitely what causes fibromyalgia and other closely related ailements.

No matter what your doctor says, if you were not vaccinated and have had any of the new life degrading ailements that are either called fibromyalgia or anything similar hit you out of the blue when you were healthy before, you were damaged by a quinolone antibiotic. Even if you don't remember taking it. Follow the instructions above, they are so easy it could not be easier, so safe it could not be safer, and damn near free. Your recovery, if you eat meat to help your cells recover, will be either complete or so close to that you won't care about the differences, you'll at least get your life back.

How did I figure this out? Remember the leg infection I talked about earlier this year? In the first few days of realizing it was an infection and not "getting old" I started treating that with cipro I had laying around (never taken) and in a very short time did significant damage. After lots of other antibiotics failed to clear it completely the zapper finally drove the infection out but I thought it came back and it did not come back, the pain was caused by cipro damage and I fixed it completely by remembering to take some magnesium sulfate I bought early on, after initially realizing I got damaged by the cipro. I wondered why the zapper seemed to not work this time. The answer was that an infection was not the problem the second time around, it took months for the magnesium to deplete and need to be replaced. Magnesium works so good to fix cipro damage that you'll forget you have to take it, (at least I forgot)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gwin Ru For This Post:

Bill Ryan (22nd July 2020), Kaifi (9th September 2021), raregem (22nd July 2020)

+ Reply to Thread