+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why didn’t NASA catch this two-story-wide meteor entering Earth’s atmosphere?

1. Link to Post #1
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Default Why didn’t NASA catch this two-story-wide meteor entering Earth’s atmosphere?

A space rock calculated to be as wide as a two story building is tall which exploded with the equivalent of 13,000 tons of TNT entering Earth’s atmosphere was missed by NASA on February 6th. Completely.

This is despite the fact that NASA has a whole entire program specifically dedicated to spotting potentially dangerous space rocks entering the Earth’s atmosphere.
    NASA made the announcement after the fact, but the agency was itself informed of the event by another agency, which many have speculated is the military. (Other guesses are the NSA, which spies on everything everywhere, including space.)
    How sad is that?

The government isn’t telling anyone exactly what technology was used to hone in on this rock entering the atmosphere, but astronomer and Slate science writer Phil Plait noted that there three possible ways:

“I can think of three ways to detect a big fireball in this case: Satellite observations, which would image them directly; seismic monitors, which can detect the explosion as the sound wave from the blast moves through the ground; and atmospheric microphones, which can detect the long-wavelength infrasound from an event. This may have been detected by any combination of these (though since it was over the open ocean, seismic monitors seen unlikely).”

The fireball fell over the Atlantic ocean in a place we are told is 600 miles away from the nearest inhabited place, but had it taken a slightly different path, it would’ve come down over a major city, rattling people’s windows and scared the hell out of everyone with absolutely no warning whatsoever from our so-called space agency.

NASA tries to pretend they have everything space-related monitored and under control at all times with all these comets and asteroids we’ve been seeing lately (which, is it just me, seems to be on an uptick?), but as stories like this continue to come out, it doesn’t leave anyone with the impression they actually do.

Let’s be honest with ourselves: NASA can make all the new programs they want, but it is pretty clear that the public wouldn’t be warned in the event of a real Earth-leveling asteroid hurling toward the planet.
    Guess we should all watch out for the military moving into their underground bunkers on that one.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

As usual, Never A Straight Answer from these "scientists".

2. Link to Post #2
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Why didn’t NASA catch this two-story-wide meteor entering Earth’s atmosphere?

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Default Re: Why didn’t NASA catch this two-story-wide meteor entering Earth’s atmosphere?

Maybe they 'NASA' and or us put it there.

As part of the false-flag escalation towards the 'False-Flag-UFO' invasion.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

6pounder (29th February 2016), Althena (29th February 2016), Holly Lindin (1st March 2016), justntime2learn (29th February 2016)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 times in 253 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Maybe they 'NASA' and or us put it there.

As part of the false-flag escalation towards the 'False-Flag-UFO' invasion.
    Might be checking the awareness and reaction of the public to these type of things...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6pounder For This Post:

justntime2learn (29th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (29th February 2016)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,535 times in 32,931 posts

Do note: this image that you copied is of a different event, a fireball in Thailand last September:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/29457326/...th-in-thailand

The article itself said
    Quote The fireball fell over the Atlantic ocean in a place we are told is 600 miles away from the nearest inhabited place.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Althena (29th February 2016), Atlas (20th September 2016), Dennis Leahy (29th February 2016), fourty-two (1st March 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th February 2016), Mike Gorman (1st March 2016), Nasu (29th February 2016), Nick Matkin (29th February 2016), seko (1st March 2016), Spirithorse (29th February 2016), Sunny-side-up (29th February 2016), Zampano (29th February 2016), ZooLife (29th February 2016)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

While I'm not so keen on the way this post introduced the topic, I think this is one of THE ONLY concerns that humans should be expending as much effort and resources to solve as possible.

we KNOW that asteroid impacts have killed everything on the planet a few times before, we KNOW it happens all the time & we give it so little consideration, "global warming" pales in comparison to a 3 mile wide meteor impact as far as "climate change" goes.

This is a worthy topic.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Althena (29th February 2016), Atlas (20th September 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th February 2016), Nasu (29th February 2016), seko (1st March 2016), Shannon (1st March 2016), ZooLife (29th February 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

Looking for comets/asteroids/space debris is tricky. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. The solar system is huge and vast so something the size of a building is relatively very small. The sun also makes a blind spot where it is hard to see what's coming. Unfortunately, that blind spot has produced some earth directed impacts. Indeed, funding, funding, funding. A lot of people help by watching the sky and reporting objects that maybe something to watch. Which I recommend, it is relaxing, meditative to me and some people say romantic.

If we saw something coming, the only options I know would be to not nuke it but to nuke the path and change the trajectory of it. Which I believe is Shoemaker's daughter's idea, who had her lifetime thinking about it. Run and hide, of course an option. If it is a charged object, it maybe possible, to 'steer' the object, either by pushing or pulling it electromagnetically, or altering its charge or the path/direction. That's theory, out on a limb, but if we don't ask a question, you won't find an answer, "can we not just steer it out of the way?" There's a few people thinking these thoughts but a lot farther down the road before progress is seen. As far as I know, nuking the path has not actually been tried either. Run and hide is tried and true. Just saying.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Althena (29th February 2016), Jean-Marie (1st March 2016), Shannon (1st March 2016)

13. Link to Post #8
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Do note: this image that you copied is of a different event, a fireball in Thailand last September:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/29457326/...th-in-thailand

The article itself said
    Quote The fireball fell over the Atlantic ocean in a place we are told is 600 miles away from the nearest inhabited place.
    Yeah, The Daily Sheeple at it again, I don't know why they would put up that pic. Does anyone know if NASA reported the Thai one??

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

NASA announced in early June that a swarm of meteors were arriving Sept. 7th 2015 but assured the public none would strike or threaten earth. So yes that had to have been monitoring. Thailand was watching too and they are pretty good. I feel it was bold of NASA to make that comment. Things break apart and become unpredictable although they still seem to often follow a straight line.

http://www.sott.net/article/297616-W...h-in-September

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ts#post1048680

Another interesting thread. Might help. I also think we have an uptick in activity.
    Last edited by Fairy Friend; 1st March 2016 at 03:18.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

Althena (1st March 2016), Jean-Marie (1st March 2016), Mike Gorman (1st March 2016), TargeT (1st March 2016)

+ Reply to Thread