+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radical Healing

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Radical Healing

Radical Healing:

This title to a book by Rudolph Ballentine deserves more thought than we might give it. The book deserves more thought than I will give it too. It might be of interest to note that Dr. Ballentine is a Duke graduate and likely was affected by the people I speak about in the so-called paranormal sciences. Why is it 'radical' to integrate and think or become an informed consumer in the field of medicine or health care? Here is part of the dustcover commentary.

"This extraordinary book offers nothing less than a new vision of medical care. Rudolph Ballentine, M. D., has created a unique, integrative blending of the primary holistic schools of healing that is far more potent than any one alone.

Like Deepak Chopra and Andrew Weil, Rudolph Ballentine is a medical doctor who became intrigued by the workings of mind-body medicine and looked beyond the West in his search for understanding. Drawing on thirty years of medical study and practice, Dr. Ballentine has accomplished a singular feat: integrating the wisdom of the great traditional healing systems-especially Ayurveda, homeopathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, European and Native American herbology, nutrition, psychotherapy, and bodywork. Melded together, the profound principles buried in these systems become clearer and stronger, and a new level of effectiveness becomes possible. Healing and reorganization are accelerated and deepened-physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The result is transformation. The result is radical healing." (3)

Sounds like common sense and makes one wonder how we ever got so enmeshed in 'expert' ego-driven medical care doesn't it? I highly recommend Ivan Illich's Limits to Medicine wherein he more fully describes the over-professionalization and iatrogenesis (doctor-inflicted death) that is inherent in Western medicine today. The British Medical Journal Lancet termed that book from 1976 'a grapeshot across their bow'.

"Tennis was known as 'the game of kings.' As the royal player, you are faced with constant decisions and make repeated moves within the context of your 'court.' When I was learning and exploring tennis, I worked with a friend who held a Ph. D. in linguistics. Ricardo Melo analyzed body language in terms of what he called the 'syntax of the court.' The net represents the 'other' to whom you must respond. The space surrounding you is divided into front and back. That part behind you corresponds to your unconscious; you reach back into it for the depth of feeling that impels you forward. Players who make short stabs at the ball, without a deep backstroke, fail to dip into this well of inspiration. The space before you is your conscious mind and world.

I played tennis once with a young meditation teacher from India. Sincere and guileless, he stood squarely facing the net. He could not remember to put his left shoulder forward so that his right arm could reach deeply into the backcourt. That would have allowed him to extend the racquet back into the realm of the unconscious, where his personal power was hidden, and bring some of that out to propel the ball forward.

There's also a right/left division of the court. The right side is dealt with logically and linearly, while the left, where the backhand takes place for most people, is a reflection of your intuition. When you reach into the space on the left with your backhand stroke, you are showing how you use your intuitive faculties. The very hard-nosed, super-rational businessman will often have a lot of trouble with his backhand. Unusually artistic and intuitive types may find it easier, and may instead have a weak forehand. In contrast to these ground strokes, which demonstrate your ability to respond, the serve is about initiating an action or interchange with another person...

I learned lots more from tennis, too. My reluctance to bend my knees told me I was too aloof. I didn't get down to other people's level. On the basis of this insight, I took the flower essence Water Violet, which is for aloofness and condescension, and gradually my stiff knees softened. I started listening more to the viewpoints of those who were doing the practical work, and my effectiveness as a leader improved. I am convinced that this sort of work is preventive medicine and that without it I might well have ended up with seriously disabled, arthritic knees. "
    (4)

2. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,300 times in 575 posts

Default Re: Radical Healing

Great post Robert,

I love playing tennis myself, so very interesting and thought provoking observations.

I had a friend come to my house one Sunday morning early, about 7:30am, banging on the door. I jumped out of bed and ran down to the door, and when I opened the door......... Pheeeeww, the mess he was in, looked as if he had been hit by a car. So, I got him in the house and he tells me that he had been freestyle climbing some near-by cliffs and fallen about 70 - 80ft, hence his injuries. My gf was up at this point and had screamed when she saw him, that's the sort of mess he was in. She went away to get gauze and water, creams, bandages, etc, etc, and had shouted through if he wanted a drink. Tea with lots of honey is what he asked for.

So, we're setting about cleaning him up and I say that I'll run him to hospital....... No chance he says, he'll fix himself. This guy practised yoga, had done for years, and Gracie jujitsu, and he tells me that he will fix himself. After he leaves, my gf and I are talking about his injuries, deep cuts, broken bones, what you'd expect from a fall of that height, on that kind of terrain. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks later when I saw him next......... I could not believe how he looked, or the explanation he gave me.

He said that he meditated and visualised an army inside him, and he was the General. He ordered the army to various locations within him, where he was damaged, and ordered them to get to work fixing him. I kid you not. To see how damaged he was, and then to see him just a few short weeks later......... It was awesome. That we have that power unused is just...............

Regards.

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Becky (7th March 2016), BlueHeron (7th March 2016), Elisheva (9th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (7th March 2016), genevieve (9th March 2016), lisalu (8th March 2016), Nasu (8th March 2016), raregem (7th March 2016), Robert Baird (7th March 2016), ulli (8th March 2016), Wide-Eyed (8th March 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

This gets at the secret that has been hidden from us, that we are creators and therefore healers. We've been taught by the higher institutions, church and government mainly, that we are separate and flawed. That we must seek help or salvation from higher authority. The opposite is the truth! We are magnificent splinters of God.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

42 (7th March 2016), Elisheva (9th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (7th March 2016), Robert Baird (7th March 2016), Wide-Eyed (8th March 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Citizen No2 (here)
    Great post Robert,

I love playing tennis myself, so very interesting and thought provoking observations.

I had a friend come to my house one Sunday morning early, about 7:30am, banging on the door. I jumped out of bed and ran down to the door, and when I opened the door......... Pheeeeww, the mess he was in, looked as if he had been hit by a car. So, I got him in the house and he tells me that he had been freestyle climbing some near-by cliffs and fallen about 70 - 80ft, hence his injuries. My gf was up at this point and had screamed when she saw him, that's the sort of mess he was in. She went away to get gauze and water, creams, bandages, etc, etc, and had shouted through if he wanted a drink. Tea with lots of honey is what he asked for.

So, we're setting about cleaning him up and I say that I'll run him to hospital....... No chance he says, he'll fix himself. This guy practised yoga, had done for years, and Gracie jujitsu, and he tells me that he will fix himself. After he leaves, my gf and I are talking about his injuries, deep cuts, broken bones, what you'd expect from a fall of that height, on that kind of terrain. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks later when I saw him next......... I could not believe how he looked, or the explanation he gave me.

He said that he meditated and visualised an army inside him, and he was the General. He ordered the army to various locations within him, where he was damaged, and ordered them to get to work fixing him. I kid you not. To see how damaged he was, and then to see him just a few short weeks later......... It was awesome. That we have that power unused is just...............

Regards.
    You might know about Gurdjieff being hit by a car and healing himself when he was almost 80. I do this kind of thing - but not broken bones of any major variety. It can also be done with other people and I have had success with those I loved. One case early in life was when my girlfriend was going to have a part of her liver removed. She went away for a month and it was another two weeks before the final biopsy - they found nothing wrong. Two plus years after we had split (Stupid me - but I was just 20 and she was seven years older - I forced her to find someone else) she had the operation.

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Conk....that is simply beautifully put!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

conk (9th March 2016), halffull (8th March 2016)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I have seen a few absolute miracles just using revision as Nevile Goddard taught it. Serious injuries disappearing completely.

The easiest way for me to make things disappear at this point is just use my finger and write the homeopathic remedy as many times as needed. Being a mother of little ones, I have seen many fat lips and eggs on heads disappear instantly. Piece of cake.

Robert Stevens says something along the lines of "you will know Grace or the hand of God when what you are doing is without effort", and my experience is it is very true.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to happyexpat For This Post:

Wide-Eyed (8th March 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Ivan Illich and John McKnight

It is not just the extreme individuals in the Mideast who present a problem in a society headed for ruination or apocalypse. The largest group I hold responsible are those who have no excuse. The people who have had everything given to them after having ripped off earlier people or having killed those people in genocidal religious inspired rages. Yes, Americans and their corporate CIA backed greed which General Smedley Butler spoke eloquently about. But not just any Americans - no it is the supposed professional and helpful bureaucrats I hold responsible. Of course there are the pulpit pounding panderers to idiocy and alien intervention to consider as well. Rogues educated to risk manage and maintain illegal and immoral programs on Wall Street are not the target of this little tirade.

I am introducing a former Catholic expert on education whose study of Central American efforts to bring higher education there; saw him say it decreased the quality of life and drove people apart. He was excommunicated shortly after that and I followed his work for decades. In 'Limits to Medicine' he documented a mechanistic out of touch and destructive profession so well that the British Medical Journal 'Lancet' said it 'was a grapeshot across their bow'. He joined up with another great humanist and emancipating force by the name of Professor John McKnight. Even if it takes you four hours - if you have never understood why you are so screwed up or why you think the Illuminati did it (whatever you actually do when you reject independent thinking and seek easy answers) - read this book.

https://www.uvm.edu/~asnider/Ivan_Il...rofessions.pdf

People are more likely to have a Joy of Learning if they have a say in what it is they are going to study. Sound familiar - you have heard about the proverbial horse and the much needed water. Yes, Learning is undoubtedly as meaningful for a productive life as water is to sustain life. The question Illich raised by mere dint of observation and thinking still sends shockwaves around the world some 45 years after he wrote his fantastic little book.

We really must stop our testing industry from destroying the innate Joy of Learning you will see me prattle on about in discussions about the book titled The Wonder Child or Howard Gardner's Learning styles research. If people are encouraged to learn throughout their life and not view school as the end of required or beneficial learning - the world will be better for it. The programming of people's thoughts will be left to other less expensive and more transparent (hopefully) means. We have the technology to affect how people think to a far greater extent if we are honest about what we have always done or tried to do, anyway.

"While the World Bank correctly notes that Education for All has to a great extent devolved into «Schooling for All», they fail to see that their Learning for All might just as well be dubbed «Evaluation for All». Moreover, the World Bank’s overly biased research evidence to sustain the main normative ideas in their report, along with a directive and arbitrary tone in their lines of argument, has triggered an immediate knee-jerk response from scholars. Joel Samoff’s words are representative of this reaction: «Learning for All has little to say about learning and even less about all» (2012, p. 120).

With this reworking of international education policies in mind, this paper proposes to contribute to the critique of post-2015 debate by drawing on the thoughts of Ivan Illich (1926-2002). His best-known writings underscore the risks entailed by compulsory universal education for large sectors of the population.

He was a critic of modernity who zealously called for the need for institutional and technological limits at a time when economic growth and development and social progress were heralded as unarguable dogmas of wellbeing. As an intellectual he challenged the foundation of the human capital theory. His texts pose the option of centring the debate on international education policy on
    questions referring to the means for learning, and not so much on the spread of schooling or the investment in education as the mechanisms to ensure universal access to a quality education. At the same time, he repudiates the alternative of
    articulating a system able to measure worldwide learning efficiently and homogeneously.

As a thinker, his work, despite being considered scantily grounded in theory, especially in the 1970s (McConnell, 1972; Gintis, 1972; Nassif, 1975; Petrovski, 1976, Hannoun, 1976), is taking on deeper significance in the context of 21st-century thought (Igelmo Zaldívar, 2012, p. 43)."

http://forodeeducacion.com/ojs/index...ewFile/319/287

What is aptitude? Why must people work within a social framework that values following 'norms' of intellect and has questions on tests rather than judgments of soulful and ethical actual behavior? The book 'Emotional Intelligence' makes a good case for EQ rather than IQ. Kaoru Yamamoto of the University of Colorado describes the making, coaching, and taking of tests seem like all our teachers are learning. He correctly identifies the flawed ability to maintain or generate effective learning by turning the process into unwilling students being force fed by uncharismatic automatons without authority. Most teachers know they are little more than 'glorified baby-sitters' and so they don't want to be held accountable. Accountable to tests that value regurgitation is not accountable to real value. They have lots of good arguments on all sides of the issue because the fundamental premises are hugely flawed.

Some social scientists make a very good point about the purpose of education in our recent history when they note the Industrial Revolution sought workers to punch time clocks and follow the bosses and their minion's orders. The homogenization of memorization being the key to learning assumes something worse than what isn't in evidence. It is not evident that linear logical processes or competency in memory skills is paramount to the functioning character development of productive people. In fact we have ample reason to limit these skills now that hand held or wristwatch sized data bases are able to connect to near total knowledge networks. Forgetting that important point, we must understand what education and teaching really is supposed to achieve. Simple common sense alone would indicate a high priority should exist in the augmentation of interest in learning and the joys it may offer a person throughout their life.

Co-operative and social integrational skills teaching are well enough developed in the science of education and should be given more support. In Canada the word 'co-operative' is used but the purposes of learning style (Take a look at H. Gardner's work which now has eight distinct learning style proficiencies.) and personality differences aren't known by the teachers who think co-operative learning means some kind of teamwork between teachers, students and parents. Group dynamics within the student's core appreciation of purpose and relating to each other is more the point. Seeing the benefits of a good creative spatial competency in another person within the group and learning the most important things are useful creative outputs rather than some goal established by someone outside the group, might have more merit. The compassionate diplomatic and purposeful ethic of net additional value rather than homogenized adherence to hypocritical unquestioned pablum with frequent prejudicial or egoistically infused judgement needs support.
    Last edited by Robert Baird; 8th March 2016 at 18:24. Reason: link issues

12. Link to Post #8
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This article has many links which apply to archaeology as well as epigenetics. It could even apply to those alien hybrid theories.

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/scie...comment-428199

+ Reply to Thread