+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 8 11 LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth Idea - Why so popular?

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,583 times in 5,714 posts

Default Re: Flat Earth Idea - Why so popular?

Seems to me the "flat earth" idea appeals to people's sense of what I can only call over-rebelliousness.

This over-rebelliousness is an odd phenomena. It distorts and exaggerates the noble concept of "think for yourself" until it ever so slowly becomes the dogmatic dictate "seek your own counsel alone and never listen to anyone else, even wise, well meaning people who wish to help you". This type of individual see's everything as a threat or a deliberate attempt to mislead, and has overcompensated by distrusting everything...even logic n reason on occasion.

It's a mentality thats rampant in alt circles. These folks tend to confuse healthy skepticism with 24/7 cynicism. Somehow they just never learned to pump the breaks a little.

It's a little understandable in a way. You get fooled time and again in this business and people get defensive. The walls go up. "Think for yourself" becomes a rallying cry and point of pride for those whose sense of discernment has been wounded. It becomes almost a movement. No one wants to be fooled again, or thought of as naive or unintellgent, so they overcompensate and question everything right down to the color of their socks....and in the process become exactly what theyre trying not to become (especially in the case of the flat earth) - naive and unintelligent.

If it is a psy-op its a pretty good one, as it uses the defining attitudes of the alt movement against itself. It is by nature non trusting and suspicious...great fuel for the fire. All "they" need to do is strike a match

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

bluestflame (18th July 2016), Cidersomerset (26th March 2016), Debra (19th March 2016), Eram (24th March 2016), Marianne (23rd March 2016), Sierra (19th March 2016), Ultima Thule (21st March 2016), Valley (19th March 2016), Wind (19th March 2016)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

I am looking at the RT U'tube page and watched these vids as I have watched
    many before and never questioned , that we could not get into orbit and the Earth
    was spherical , and although I posted a couple vids earlier in the thread and
    encourage debate ............ uhm !!!

I am open to many theories , but these vids would have to be CGI,which is possible
    and the crew of the space station were really in a modified 'vomit commet ' plane ,
    or some other simulator. Also the whole space world would have to be in on the
    deception , more than if the Moon landings films were hoaxed or not ? This is a
    conspiracy theory a bit to far. Unless it can be proved of course , I just cannot see it though .

The world is spherical as far as I'm concerned.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supply Run: Cargo ship docks with International Space Station

Published on 26 Mar 2016

Orbital ATK's Cygnus cargo spacecraft docked with the International Space Station.
    The United Launch Alliance launched the spacecraft atop an Atlas V rocket from the
    Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on Tuesday. The spacecraft will deliver
    an estimated 7,500 pounds (3401.94 kg) of supplies and science equipment to
    support experiments in biology, biotechnology, physical science and Earth science.
    The Cygnus will remain docked with the ISS for two months before returning to
    Earth with 3,000 pounds (1360.78 kg) of waste from the station.

COURTESY: RT's RUPTLY video agency, NO RE-UPLOAD, NO REUSE - FOR
    LICENSING, PLEASE, CONTACT http://ruptly.tv.. RT LIVE http://rt.com/on-air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mShqsXcYlFA
    RAW: NASA's Orbital ATK Cygnus capsule with supplies for ISS launched from Cape
    Canaveral Published on 23 Mar 2016

NASA’s Orbital ATK Cygnus capsule is taking off from Cape Canaveral, Florida. The
    rocket is filled with nearly 7,500 lbs of science and research, crew supplies and
    vehicle hardware that will be received by the International Space Station.

READ MORE: http://on.rt.com/77vm

===================================================

http://www.netanimations.net/earth_globes.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real-time Satellites in Google Earth

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 28th March 2016 at 17:18.

4. Link to Post #143
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

remember the ice bucket challenge ? , further experiments in the effectiveness of viral marketing

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Cidersomerset (27th March 2016), DeDukshyn (18th July 2016), TargeT (27th March 2016)

6. Link to Post #144
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

The Millenium Report weighs in on this issue: The Flat Earthers Are Being Sent Into Every Real Truth Movement To Disrupt And Destroy Them. They figure it's "a full-blown DARPA-conceived, CIA-directed, NSA-monitored, DIA-driven black operation", and we shouldn't waste our time on it.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Atlas (27th May 2016), Bill Ryan (28th March 2016), bluestflame (28th March 2016), Cidersomerset (28th March 2016), DeDukshyn (18th July 2016), Elandiel BernElve (30th March 2016), Eram (28th March 2016), Hervé (28th March 2016), norman (29th March 2016), Sierra (28th March 2016), uzn (29th March 2016), Wind (29th March 2016)

8. Link to Post #145
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,527 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

The Millenium Report weighs in on this issue: The Flat Earthers Are Being Sent Into Every Real Truth Movement To Disrupt And Destroy Them. They figure it's "a full-blown DARPA-conceived, CIA-directed, NSA-monitored, DIA-driven black operation", and we shouldn't waste our time on it.

Yes, exactly. Everyone reading this absolutely must understand what this is all about.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Atlas (27th May 2016), bluestflame (28th March 2016), conk (30th March 2016), DeDukshyn (18th July 2016), greybeard (28th March 2016), Hervé (28th March 2016), JRS (30th March 2016), Sierra (28th March 2016), ThePythonicCow (28th March 2016), Ultima Thule (29th March 2016), Wind (29th March 2016)

10. Link to Post #146
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    The Millenium Report.... They figure it's "a full-blown DARPA-conceived, CIA-directed, NSA-monitored, DIA-driven black operation", and we shouldn't waste our time on it.
    Then I think we should take this as a victory... it failed VERY fast, take a look at google trends analysis of the search term "flat earth":
    https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=flat%20earth

that was a very quick correction IMO...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

bluestflame (29th March 2016), Sierra (28th March 2016), ThePythonicCow (29th March 2016)

12. Link to Post #147
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,443 times in 8,340 posts

FLAT EARTH - THE MOVIE might turn out to be their next move.

I wonder if they've managed to get enough damaging 'footage' from all this to put together a Pop movie that ridicules the truthers.

I'm not quite ready to declare victory.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

13. Link to Post #148
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,844 times in 1,693 posts

Corey Goode was asked if the Earth is flat and he said it's spherical. Personally I feel there's some sort of anomalous dynamic in the southern hemisphere. Most the images we've seen from satellites and the ISS are of the northern hemisphere. I think they're actively hiding something.

14. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Inversion (here)
    Corey Goode was asked if the Earth is flat and he said it's spherical. Personally I feel there's some sort of anomalous dynamic in the southern hemisphere. Most the images we've seen from satellites and the ISS are of the northern hemisphere. I think they're actively hiding something.
    It's much simpler than that... it's "northern hemisphere bias"... the easiest way to discount a place is to not mention it... the "media" is all based in capitalism, they will ONLY show the "winners" of capitalism (which is currently the US and EU which dominate the majority of the northern hemisphere). This simple tactic re-enforces the ideas you want and downplays the ideas you don't... it's all about focus, attention... energy.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Citizen No2 (29th March 2016), Eram (29th March 2016), Inversion (29th March 2016), Ultima Thule (29th March 2016)

16. Link to Post #150
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Flat, round, curved, square or triangle...we can still live on it. Not sure if there's an urgent issue involved here... other than uncovering more deceit.

What really concerns me is...

How do we pretend to know about aliens, their origins, distant planets and star systems…but struggle in understanding humanity and knowing the shape of our own planet? wow

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

DarMar (20th July 2016), Eram (29th March 2016), Shannon (29th March 2016)

18. Link to Post #151
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,527 times in 32,931 posts

Quote Posted by Inversion (here)

Corey Goode was asked if the Earth is flat and he said it's spherical.
    Oh, good! So now we know.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (19th July 2016), bluestflame (14th June 2016), DeDukshyn (29th March 2016), greybeard (29th March 2016), Inversion (29th March 2016), Shannon (29th March 2016), TargeT (29th March 2016), uzn (29th March 2016)

20. Link to Post #152
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Let's have some fun, shall we?

What if the year we are living in is not in fact 2016? Would this surprise you?

---------

What if around 12,000 years ago (roughly around the real year 2016), humanity "lost" the global battle and accepted micro-chips in their bodies, falling for the transhumanism agenda of the global elite thinking it was a good idea?

What if the A.I. that the global elite have been working with (more like working "for") took all humans off of sphere planet Earth onto some kind of artificial dome-like creation, put human bodies in a bunch of pods, and created a similation of the last 12,000 years from the end of Atlantis (Fall of consciousness), all the way to around the year 2016?

What if this A.I. experiment was allowed to happen by E.T. races, to give humanity one last chance to learn from their mistakes by experiencing a "video game" simulated reality that is an exact "echo" of what transpired on the real, sphere planet Earth, which is currently healing?

What if all humans are actually plugged into this simulation, and their real bodies are in pods connected to a bunch of wires?

What if humanity has just went through another cycle of 12,000 years of slavery making the same poor decisions, and it is really around the year 14,016 (in Earth time)?

What if the reason the global elite have been so relentless and it has been so difficult for people to experience OBEs and connect with Source, Gaia, and Natural Law, is because Natural Law is bent in this simulation and the global elite take advantage of that fact?

What if most of the global elite have no idea that this is a simulated, flat dome, and are clueless just like the rest of humanity, and only very few truly know?

What if the "Illuminati" are literally all just programs within this simulation, and the real ones are exploring the galaxy as I type this?

What if the real sphere planet Earth is currently healing because of humanity's abuse, and humans are kept in this simulated dome while E.T. races are figuring out what to do about the situation?

What if the global elite are so absolutely out of control, that the A.I. has asked E.T. races to incarnate in and stop this simulation from running through another 12,000 year echoed-cycle because of experimental failure?

What if every single globe you saw as a child in your classroom, every single image of the planet, every single dream you "thought" you saw Earth, were in fact the biggest, most complicated lie put on by a very select few to keep people locked into this simulation, instead of recognizing it for what it really is (that sphere planet Earth is healing and we are in a simulated version)?

What if you suspended judgment, and watched a few Flat Earth documentaries (non-religious kind) with an open mind and realize that there is some Truth in it, though the concept does not make any sense unless everything just listed was added to the mix?

What if the Matrix movies are not just metaphorical, but literal, and such movies like Tron, The Cabin in the Woods, Tomorrowland, The Truman Show, Dark City, Hunger Games, Gamer, and Inception were all created by people who were aware of the artificial simulated reality as just "postulated"?

Lastly, what if I told you that some people have actually managed to wake up in their pod bodies?

-------------

The Draco were in control for one cycle of 12,000 years, and the A.I. has had control for an "echoed" version of the same cycle, and humans have been in the dark under slavery for nearly 25,000 years.

Have some fun trying to figure this one out, because there is more Truth in this than you will allow yourself to remember. I will not argue, but you are free to question everything I just wrote and continue to believe that you, such an "awake and aware" individual, have not also been royally fooled.

Something to ponder, but does it really matter? Whether this is sphere planet Earth or a flat, simulated version of the real thing...we are STILL in slavery. We still have a lot of work to do to stop these people from continuing their agendas, and spending all of your free time bickering about such subjects could better be dedicated to other things.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

DarMar (31st March 2016), drneglector (18th July 2016), Inmortal719 (22nd July 2016), Kano (12th July 2016), Peace of Mind (30th March 2016), Zampano (19th July 2016), ZenBaller (2nd May 2016)

22. Link to Post #153
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Robin (here)
    you are free to question everything I just wrote
    You are also free to make statements and back them up with at least some sort of supporting statements, evidence or anecdotes..

This is typically considered the best way to communicate. (see how I did that there?)

what you wrote and someone telling me the earth is flat are pretty equatable as far as reputability goes (based on just this post, maybe you have the idea fleshed out more elsewhere?)
    Where are you?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

bluestflame (14th June 2016)

24. Link to Post #154
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 times in 376 posts

Share this here. A few good souls discussing the flat earth possibility's. Some real good points and theories (outside the box). Which you might consider to ponder.
    A good example of why this movement has been so popular. Gods Speed.....
    Last edited by aviators; 16th April 2016 at 02:20.

25. Link to Post #155
    Finland Avalon Member Ultima Thule's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 times in 683 posts

One thing occurred to me re flat earth (mis)theorizing:
    Think about flat earth and the SIZE of the machinery needed to create the tides.

UT

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultima Thule For This Post:

DeDukshyn (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (19th July 2016)

27. Link to Post #156
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Greetings ...Mel's back on topic with this latest interview. For anyone interested.

28. Link to Post #157
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 times in 317 posts

Last edited by TODD & NORA; 19th August 2016 at 23:52.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TODD & NORA For This Post:

TargeT (19th July 2016)

30. Link to Post #158
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

I don't get why a simulation or illusion or hologram or whatever has to be "flat". What does flat even mean I wonder? Are words changing their meanings again? (jokingly)

31. Link to Post #159
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by PRAY PEACE (here)
    I will be meeting up with a trusted colleague on top of the One World Trade Center (well, as far up as the public is allowed anyway...), and will take a photo that should reflect the curvature of the Earth...no need to fly out into space to prove flat Earth crap wrong.
    You could even bring a freind with a Nikon P900 and capture buildings 50 - 100
    miles away. Just be sure to go on a exceptionally clear day.

32. Link to Post #160
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

What a load of nonsense. Again.

All you have to do is watch a ship hove into view over the horizon. It only appears at less than 12 miles away. If the planet was flat, then as long as you had a clear line of sight, you could see that ship from the other end of the ocean. Any photos of a ship seen from a few thousand miles away, taken at the seashore? Nope. Few hundred miles? Nope. How about a dinky 20 miles away? Nope.

Such photos do not exist, historically or otherwise. Now just how hard would it be to go down to the beach, and take a photo to prove the earth is flat? Even Erik Dubay fails to take a photo.

Erik Dubay is paid to be an idiot. Are we?
    Last edited by Sierra; 19th July 2016 at 14:50.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

avid (19th July 2016), KiwiElf (19th July 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th July 2016), muxfolder (20th July 2016), Nick Matkin (20th July 2016), ThePythonicCow (20th July 2016), Wind (20th July 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 8 11 LastLast