+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12,000-year-old mine found in Chile

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default 12,000-year-old mine found in Chile

Archaeologists from the University of Chile have discovered a 12,000-year-old iron oxide mine in the north of the country.

Researchers say it is the oldest mine discovered in all the Americas.

Chief researcher Diego Salazar said the iron oxide was used by Huentelauquen Indians as a pigment in dying cloth and in religious rituals, revealing an unexpected sophistication in what was previously considered a primitive group of people.

"The fact they developed a mine shows the importance religion had in their lives, because iron oxide was not used as food, was not bought or sold," he said.

The ancient mine was discovered near the town of Taltal, in the Antofagasta region, 1,100 kilometres north of Santiago, in October 2008, but its antiquity was not determined until tests were conducted this year in US and Polish laboratories.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...06/3085549.htm

Named San Ramon 15, the mine was exploited heavily between around 10,000 BC and 2,000 BC.

It yielded over the millennia a total of 2,000 tons of pigment extracted from 700 cubic metres of rock.

Researchers also found a treasure trove of stone and conch mining tools in the area.

"We've found more than 1,000 hammers ... but considering the amount of material we have yet to sift through, the real number could rise to several thousands," archaeologist Hernan Salinas said.

Before this find, the oldest mine in the Americas was 2,500 years old and located in the United States.
    Last edited by Loki; 6th December 2010 at 23:54.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Post:

Ethereal Blue Being (8th December 2010), Hiram (7th December 2010), shadowstalker (7th December 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,597 times in 2,862 posts

Default Re: 12,000-year-old mine found in Chile

And there will be more found soon enough as there are mines older that all over the world,
    Namaste-Matte
    Jurjana, Jana, Jan, Ana :thumb:

[URL="https://www.bitchute.com/channel/9zKUUFq4lmoY/"]My Bitchute[/URL]
    [URL="https://shadowstalker.bandcamp.com/releases"]My Music[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/shadowstalker"]My Books[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/shadowstalker2011"]Project: Shadowstalker[/URL]

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

12,000 years? A mine? Conventional archaeology has us believing there were no cities this far into antiquity, nor tools if I am mistaken.....
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 times in 326 posts

Whats the name of that historian/researcher that goes deep into how old our race really is with proof to back it up again?I though the man was simply fascinating,trust me mankind has been arround since the days of the dinosaurs if not even before that,and there is proof of it but they dont speak of in MSM or display any artifacts on the glass showcase at the museums,all we been told has been fabricated a bunch of lies tho
    Last edited by Arpheus; 7th December 2010 at 01:19. Reason: bad spelling

6. Link to Post #5
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 times in 727 posts

was it Michael Cremo - who wrote Forbidden Archeology and the Hidden History of the Human Race?

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arpheus (here)
    Whats the name of that historian/researcher that goes deep into how old our race really is with proof to back it up again?
    There's been a few, Von Daniken kind of pioneered the idea (though he later went on to damage his own credibility), Michael Cremo as mentioned above, David Childress has a few good books(Technology of the Gods), William Bramley wrote Gods of Eden(i think), and a man named Maximilian De Lafayette has a few good books that attempt to, using achaeological finds, and texts, word of mouth legends etc, prove that humanities past reaches far into distant antiquity. Its becoming more and more of a fascinated truth as more proof surfaces.

Ī=[Post Update]=Ī

Also, this is a concept supported by some of Edgar Cayce's...revelations
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,015 times in 326 posts

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    was it Michael Cremo - who wrote Forbidden Archeology and the Hidden History of the Human Race?
    Yep thats it Michael cremo thanks mate hehe.

9. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,484 times in 9,663 posts

There's a new interview with him at:
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ighlight=cremo

10. Link to Post #9
    Marcelo Mendes

Hi folks.

Zecharia Sitchin had told this story before. Read the books. There is much more that itīs happening, that are consequences of things that may have happened thousands and thousands of years ago and everything is writen in his books. Nothing of this is surprising. The surprise is that a lot of things were already explained and people, simply seems to donīt know. As Bill says. do your homework. Research, research, research.

Namaste

+ Reply to Thread