+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Encampment of refugees being closed down: MSM silent!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,006 times in 1,797 posts

Default Encampment of refugees being closed down: MSM silent!

A friend of mine works in a ONG he just passed on this info:
    It is happening right now. ONGs are being expulsated, they dont wont witnesess , Moria in Lesbos is being closed down in the next 24h. Police ordered all refugies to get out of campament, refugies are being move by the force, scared and wet to Cavala, in order to be deported by train to Turkey.

Shame on UE! And in all of us!
    Tears in my eyes

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Not a word in MSM
    honoring White Feather: SHIFT HAPPENED

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

6pounder (21st March 2016), avid (22nd March 2016), Bill Ryan (21st March 2016), enfoldedblue (21st March 2016), Eram (21st March 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st March 2016), Hervé (21st March 2016), JChombre (22nd March 2016), Jean-Marie (21st March 2016), joeecho (22nd March 2016), justntime2learn (21st March 2016), kirolak (21st March 2016), Magnus (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), pyrangello (22nd March 2016), Shannon (22nd March 2016), Sophocles (22nd March 2016), sunflower (11th May 2016), Zampano (22nd March 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: Encampment of refugees being closed down: MSM silent!

Greece starts evacuation of 6,000 refugees from islands per EU deal

By Jim W. Dean, Managing Editor on March 20, 2016

… from Russia Today, Moscow

Merkel is responsible for most of the refugee chaos, sparking the great land rush to the EU

[ Editor’s Note: My, my… how quickly the authorities can move when they want to. On the day after the Turkish-EU refugee agreement, the Turks miraculously shut down the Aegean Sea human smuggling operation at the flick of a switch, rounding up the 1700 who were getting ready to leave and taking them to reprocessing centers.

Today we have Greece saying they will have the 6000 island refugees in temporary camps cleared out in another day, with the first ferry load of 2500 on their way now. This all could have been handled this way earlier, but someone did not want that.

It all goes back to Merkel and her flamboyant attitude of throwing Germany open to a million plus refugees a year, and then dumping on the southern EU members to deal with the deluge, some of the poorest. She showed total absence of leadership, as did the EU, who supplied no added manpower for sea rescues, faster processing, or security people — everybody relying on the Tooth Fairy to take care of things.

It looked like dysfunctional government… until today, when we see once again that they do what they want to, when they want to. Refugees now will have to face changing over from fleeing the war, to fleeing the rebuilding that will be needed to see if that qualifies them for entry.
    The EU benefits are like winning the lotto in Syria, if it had one. Merkel and the EU should be putting their $3 to $6 billion Euros into getting the Syrians out of Turkey. They could then start rebuilding their country via the reconstruction needed, all the jobs that would create, versus being in the lottery business of helping those with the cash to buy their way out, which is what has been happening.
    I have mixed feelings about when refugee benefits are so high for leaving versus those in-country that people will risk their lives and their children’s lives to get the refugee benefits Jim W. Dean ]

– First published … March 20, 2016

Hopefully these days will be ending soon

Greece, with help from the EU, has started the evacuation of 6,000 asylum seekers from temporary camps on Greek islands, following the EU-Turkey repatriation agreement struck on Friday.

On Saturday, it was announced that the majority of people were set to be evacuated within 24 hours. The ferry with the first 2,500 refugees was due to leave on Sunday.

The EU has pledged to provide 2,300 security and legal experts, as well to help the evacuation, with the first ones arriving during the weekend, the Greek newspaper Kathmerini reported.

Plus, Germany and France promised to send to Greece 300 officials and “technical expertise” to assist the process, according to German news agency DPA citing a letter from German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere and his French counterpart Bernard Cazeneuve to the European Commission.

Quote “This is necessary in view of the current situation in Greece and is an important expression of European solidarity. We hope that many Member States will join our example,” the two wrote in the letter.
    Despite the move, refugees are confused about what to expect after the repatriation, Deutsche Welle reported. Also, not all of the asylum seekers were to board the ferries: newcomer refugees were to stay until their registration is confirmed.

For every Syrian refugee coming back to Turkey, the EU pledges to resettle one asylum seeker from Turkey, according to the deal between the EU and Turkey, agreed on Friday. The goal of the deal is to prevent the refugees from taking the dangerous route across the Aegean Sea: some 4,000 people have died there over the last few years.

The main stage of the repatriation process is set to begin on April 4, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said.

This comes on the backdrop of Greek authorities’ statement that there are some 47,000 undocumented refugees in the country, and 21,000 of them came to Greece in March alone, according to the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR)’s estimates.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (22nd March 2016), betoobig (21st March 2016), Bill Ryan (21st March 2016), Ewan (22nd March 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), joeecho (22nd March 2016), kirolak (21st March 2016), Lifebringer (22nd March 2016), Magnus (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), Sophocles (22nd March 2016), Zampano (22nd March 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Quote Posted by betoobig (here)
    A friend of mine works in a ONG he just passed on this info:
    It is happening right now. ONGs are being expulsated, they dont wont witnesess , Moria in Lesbos is being closed down in the next 24h. Police ordered all refugies to get out of campament, refugies are being move by the force, scared and wet to Cavala, in order to be deported by train to Turkey.

Shame on UE! And in all of us!
    Tears in my eyes

Not a word in MSM
    Please don't take this as a personal criticism, but I think you might have written this really fast. I struggled to understand it. Many North Americans (and many other English speakers) might not take the trouble to look things up. So I rewrote it, with some links to help explain:

~~
    A friend of mine works in ONG. This is ONG Rescate Internacional, website here (but currently unavailable, cached here), Facebook page here.

ONG is a Spanish NGO (non-governmental organization) that works to support refugees and displaced people, specifically women and children.

He just passed on this info:

It is happening right now. ONG is being expelled. They don't want witnesses. Moria refugee camp, on the island of Lesbos, is being closed down in the next 24 hours. Police ordered all refugees to get out of the camp, and refugees are being moved by force, scared and wet to Kavala (in Greece), in order to be deported by train to Turkey.

Shame on The European Union! And on all of us!
    Tears in my eyes

Not a word in MSM

6. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

6pounder (21st March 2016), Art (22nd March 2016), avid (22nd March 2016), betoobig (21st March 2016), bluestflame (11th May 2016), DNA (25th April 2016), enfoldedblue (21st March 2016), fourty-two (25th March 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), Hervé (21st March 2016), JChombre (22nd March 2016), joeecho (22nd March 2016), justntime2learn (21st March 2016), Magnus (22nd March 2016), marique3652 (21st March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), PathWalker (26th March 2016), pyrangello (22nd March 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016), Sophocles (22nd March 2016), Spirithorse (21st March 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Thanks so much Bill, i wrote it fast and on fire!
    Something is boilling inside me. I could take my car and drive all the way there. I offered my house to make room for a refugee family. Goverments just want us feelling hopeless and unusefull.
    I am pist off big time.
    I guess mother nature should take over with a Huge catatrofy, and start all over.
    If this planet is a school for us to learn, i am sorry i dont get the point.
    Too much, enough!

Thanks once again Bill

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

bluestflame (11th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), kirolak (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), PathWalker (26th March 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016), Zampano (22nd March 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

The title of the thread is wrong too. I do apreciate your help.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to betoobig For This Post:

Shannon (25th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Well problem is who is going to pay . All European country are broke some much more than others even Germany has big national debt and there are millions of refugees coming. Will Spain take house pay social welfare for 2 million refugees there is a huge employment crises in Spain there is no dole after 1 year unemployed national debt is huge and most banks are broke ( bad debt ). The number is 7.6 Billion which I think is a lot money.

Solution I do not know. America , France , Britain to leave Syria alone I mean they made mess of Iraq , Afghanistan , Libya , do what millions ( refugees ) more coming to Europe if Assad losses .

As refugees stream into Europe, here's something to consider: The burden being shouldered by Turkey alone dwarfs the numbers currently trying to get to Europe.

Quote Turkey has 2 million Syrians and Iraqis and has spent $7.6 billion caring for them. But here's the catch — the refugees are not allowed to seek asylum in Turkey.

Of those refugees in Turkey, only about 260,000 are in camps. The vast majority live in cities around the country. Syrians in particular were allowed to move about freely until a recent effort to control their movements was announced. Many are asylum seekers, but they have to wait, often for years, while a backlogged United Nations refugee agency tries to resettle them in other countries.
    Quote Turkey Absorbs 2 Million Refugees, But Won't Offer Asylum
    http://www.npr.org/sections/parallel...they-cant-stay

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

avid (22nd March 2016), betoobig (21st March 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

It all goes back to Merkel and her flamboyant attitude of throwing Germany open to a million plus refugees a year, and then dumping on the southern EU members to deal with the deluge, some of the poorest. She showed total absence of leadership, as did the EU, who supplied no added manpower for sea rescues, faster processing, or security people — everybody relying on the Tooth Fairy to take care of things.

So is Merkel directly responsible for the rapes against white people and racist attacks (against white people)? The acts of sexual violence against European women and girls in Cologne is one of many examples of the hatred many refugees feel towards Europeans and their culture. There are many shades of complexity to this refugee crisis/invasion (depending upon your perspective). Not all immigrants come with gratitude, peace and love in their hearts!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

betoobig (22nd March 2016), bluestflame (11th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), kirolak (22nd March 2016), Nan (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Germany is faced with a crisis in population as women as not having children but having millions people coming during economic crises is insane look what happened to the Irish who went to America after the last deep recession riots Irish 1870

The Long Depression (1873-1878)

By Mike.Barga · 6 Comments · In Civil War, Reconstruction, and Progressivism, Eras in Social Welfare History, Events
    ... .

Quote The Long Depression (1873-1878)

By: Michael Barga

Background: Within a decade of the American Civil War, a worldwide trend of prosperity was followed by recession. The conditions related to both trends are complex and multidimensional. Understanding the Long Depression and its effects on social welfare involves a detailed examination of the financial system from which it proceeded. Historians and economists still disagree as to what occurred, why it occurred, and how it changed the social landscape of America.

Introduction: The centennial celebration of the United States came with mixed emotions, as many found themselves jobless or with an inferior standard of living to the previous decade. Social discontent led to the Granger movement, the first national labor strike, and other events significant in the history of the U.S. working class and the labor movement. The economic strains also spurred unrest in the recovering Confederate States and played a factor in the re-establishment of segregation in place of Reconstruction. The eventual dissipation of the Grand Depression is due to both natural developments and the specific interventions of government and its citizens
    http://www.socialwelfarehistory.com/...ng-depression/

if you think the 1930's recession was bad think again what made matters worse was a banking crisis in confidence and a banking war with the destruction of the Bank of America by the president of America

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

betoobig (22nd March 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Implied scarcity is not the problem here. This is the final leg of the Anglo Saxon Agenda.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

betoobig (22nd March 2016), DNA (25th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2016), Lifebringer (22nd March 2016), Nasu (22nd March 2016), PathWalker (26th March 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

Orban's historic speech puts Hungary on war footing (posted 3/18/16):

Quote The main danger to Europes` future does not come from those who want to come here, but from Brussels` fanatical internationalism. -Viktor Orban
    Last edited by Sophocles; 25th March 2016 at 18:46.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

betoobig (30th March 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks

The EU-Turkey Refugee Deal & Other Strange Tales

Corey Schink
    Sott.net
    Tue, 19 Apr 2016 22:39 UTC

Migrant children wait by the fence on the Greek side of the border to enter Macedonia

Welcome to the strange world of 'unsolvable' refugee crises and back-room deals, a world where Cold War relics arm terrorist proxies, and where innocent refugees are used as pawns in ever more sinister games of cat and mouse. In all it's a world almost too absurd and too horrific to believe, but we'll try to tell it, and understand it, anyways. This is the story of the EU-Turkey Refugee Deal.

Intro

Tensions continue to mount across Europe as the refugee crisis reveals deep cracks in the European Union. In the past month Austria announced the construction of a massive wall along the Brenner Pass, in order to restrict the flow of people moving to Northern Europe. Subsequently Switzerland announced that it would have to respond to Austria's border closure by stationing a battalion of tanks to keep out the inevitable 'migrant onslaught'. Poor Greece is piling up with refugees after Macedonia closed its border - the tension has led to fights erupting between troops and migrants.

In the background EU and Turkish officials would have us all believe that they've been struggling to find a solution to this 'inescapable' crisis. The result was the EU-Turkey refugee deal which recently took effect - the first refugees have been traded like baseball cards.

In an interview with Sputnik Radio a professor from the University of Twente in the Netherlands pointed out a number of obstacles the EU had to overcome before coming to grips with the refugee crisis. Among them is the EU's lack of a central decision-making body that could issue demands which individual member states couldn't push back on. He stated, "What you have in the EU is the lack of a central government. In fact, they decided at one stage that they were going to take refugees and now they are pushing them back and they have a new deal with Turkey. But the refugees are still coming anyway."

In all, the professor makes several valid points. However, due to his selection of facts he misses the big picture, and thereby misleads his audience. Besides political in-fighting in Europe, and whether or not the refugee deal will be 'efficient', the following elements play a larger and much more critical role in the refugee crisis:

1 The EU functions as a mere cheerleader for the interests of the cabal running the USA.

2 Recent US interests have included the decimation of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Syria, thus creating a refugee crisis

3 Turkey has played a fundamental role in first collecting, then disbursing refugees into Europe for its own political and financial gain

So, while the chairman of the European Stability Initiative claims that this is 'the refugee policy the EU needs today', and that it will 'show that the EU can help solve problems its citizens care about without selling its soul,' it's never been more obvious that the EU is still working long and hard to sell their soul to the greasiest bidders.

The EU functions as a US vassal

First a little historical perspective concerning the EU's 'centralized governing body' and who it really works for:

Post World War II, Europe faced a monumental political crisis, one which revolved around the question of whether or not Germany would be allowed to re-industrialize following the rise and fall of Nazism. Obviously the memories of Nazi atrocities were fresh in the minds of the rest of Europe. US policy makers had engineered their role (and the roles of other nations) in WW2 in such a way that the USA emerged as the most powerful nation on Earth, with their main competitors reduced to the role of scapegoats to justify the aggression of the new global Empire.

The US oligarchs at the time were quick to pounce on the idea of turning Germany back into the catalyst for European economic and industrial growth, all the better to control the block's political and economic future. As former Greek Finance Minister Varoufakis points out in his book, the Global Minotaur, it would be this German-led Europe which would become a pillar in a new 'global plan' - a plan to quickly dismiss Nazi crimes and instead use the massive crisis as a chance to rebuild the world in America's image.

Global financial planners in Washington, namely the architects of the Cold War (James Forrestal, James Byrnes, George Kennan, and Dean Acheson)1 all convened to design a new form of global capitalism that would survive the ravages of the Great Depression, two major world wars, and confront the 'Soviet menace'.

The US would thus spend 2% of its GDP annually on the Marshall Plan which aimed to erase European borders and revive German and Japanese industry for the geo-strategic purpose of containing China and the Soviet Union, thus creating a pillar for a new financial order. Step by step the old order was demolished and the 'European Union' and NATO were born - both unions created by and for Cold War authoritarians bent on ruling the world.

The US' interests

The US is a pathocracy, which means it is a government run by what can only be described as pathological individuals. As such, its interests range from the depraved to the insane, and include drug-running, mass murder, pillage on a gargantuan scale, and total control of the globe without any understanding of, nor care for, the ultimate consequences of their actions.

A specific example of this can be seen in the evidence discussed on last week's Truth Perspective interview with Graeme MacQueen: The 2001 Anthrax Deception and the intimidation of legislatures, in which MacQueen details, case by case, how Western governments are intimidated by this pathocracy, primarily through what seem to be 'isolated' acts of terrorism. Intimidation via well-planned and coordinated terror attacks, blackmail, and the corruption of key figures of power are all part of the 'game' of keeping Europe marching to the tune of the pathocracy's drum.

© REUTERS/ Kacper Pempel

American troops in Europe will soon outnumber all European troops combined, with US intelligence fanning the flames of fear and hysteria towards Russia and Muslim refugees in the interest of completely controlling European politics for its own agenda. The US has Europe under political and military lock-down, and with the continuation of anti-Russian sanctions they've proven they can get them to shoot themselves in the foot and pay for it too.

So it comes as no surprise when Czech politicians lament the refugee crisis, but agree that they will still send troops to Afghanistan, Mali, and the Golan Heights to serve the wars of their masters. And it's no surprise when President of the European Council Donald Tusk warns of a new wave of migrants coming from Libya even while NATO is planning another bombing spree there, and arming al-Qaeda affiliated groups. 7,000 European and US soldiers are reportedly already in the country:

Quote Five years after NATO's Libya war, Italy, the EU and the US are in the advanced stages of preparations for the next military intervention. The Western imperialist powers want to establish their own military bases in Libya in order to control the country's massive sources of oil and natural gas, and secure an important gateway to Africa.
    After all, they bend to the will of shadowy groups, and US War Minister Defense Secretary Ash Carter is actively preparing expanded military ops in Libya after the installation of a new puppet regime, while the US has decided that it's time to restart the devastating war in Syria:

Quote Thousands of tons of new weapons have been purchased and delivered to the Syrian Jihadists including anti-air MANPADs of U.S. (full text) and Chinese origin. Half of the weapons the "rebel" mercenaries are given by their sponsors regularly end up in the hands of Al-Qaeda in Syria. We will not be surprised when a few weeks from now a civilian passenger plane will be hit and come down in Turkey or elsewhere.
    Suffice to say that, with European leaders functioning as US lackeys and the US hell-bent on turning the world into a living nightmare, there will be no solution to the refugee crisis. In fact, left unchecked, things can only get worse. But thankfully there is a Russian counterbalance on the world stage. As Russian Foreign Minister spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said recently:

Quote "When is Brussels going to bring to justice the countries that violated every existing provision of international law, making the lives of the people that live in the Middle East and North Africa a hell on earth, which they now call a 'mistake'?"
    When indeed.

So now that we know EU politicians are bought-and-paid-for by US 'national security interests', what is this EU-Turkey 'refugee deal' really all about? What purpose does it serve?

Turkey steps in to make a buck

In the Sputnik interview I mentioned earlier, the Dutch professor opined:

Quote "As far as the EU-Turkey deal is concerned, it remains to be seen how well it is going to function, and we are not quite sure [of its efficiency]. The proof is in the pudding, as they say in English."
    Indeed, so let's dig into this particular pudding just a little. A copy of the leaked deal can be found here.

The EU-Turkey refugee deal amounts to a trade between refugees that made their way 'illegally' into Europe and those who are still in Turkey's refugee shelters. According to the document, Syrians who have not attempted to sneak into Europe before will be given preferential treatment. Turkey will then trade a 'legal' refugee back to Europe. Overall the deal will cover some 74,000 migrants seeking asylum. Refugees who either do not apply for asylum, or whose applications are 'unfounded' or 'inadmissible', will be returned to Turkey.

So, what does it mean for an application to be 'unfounded' or 'inadmissible'? From the blog EU Law Analysis:

Quote If an application is 'unfounded' that means it has been rejected on the merits. If it is 'inadmissible' that means it has not been rejected on the merits, but on the grounds that Turkey is either a 'first country of asylum' or 'safe third country' (there are other grounds for inadmissibility, but they wouldn't be relevant). The Commission paper briefly suggests that Turkey could be a 'first country of asylum' (for more analysis on that, see the prior blog post). Most of the debate is on whether Turkey is a 'safe third country'.
    In order for this deal to be legal under international law it seems that Turkey must be deemed a 'safe third country' to relocate refugees to - that is, the refugees themselves must be considered safe while within the country. This is where the line between believing 'official' versus 'unofficial' reality leads to endangering lives.

© UNRWA/Associated Press

This picture taken on Jan. 31, 2014, and released by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), shows residents of the besieged Palestinian camp of Yarmouk, queuing to receive food supplies, in Damascus, Syria.

First off, it should be pointed out that copious amounts of evidence indicate that Turkey was one of many parties actively engaged in destabilizing Syria, funding the terrorist groups that aimed to overthrow the legitimate government of Bashar al-Assad. From 2013 onward Turkey began a suspicious 'open-door' policy towards refugees, spending billions on housing them. And Syrian refugees made up the vast majority of refugees who made their way to Europe over the course of 2015. While it's currently impossible to know whether or not Turkey purposefully sent them on their way, one official pointed out that, "Turkey is facilitating or at least is not hampering the movement of illegal immigrants toward Greece." Indeed, Turkey stood to gain quite a bit:

Visa liberalization: Turkish citizens will be able to travel in the EU without a visa by the end of June 2016.

The EU will pay Turkey 3 billion euros in aid for refugees, disbursed as quickly as possible, followed possibly by another 3 billion. The EU was supposed to have already paid a portion of this aid, but hasn't.

The EU and Turkey will "reenergize the accession process" to make Turkey a member of the European Union.

Turkey's role in the jihadi attack on Syria was motivated by the unfettered greed of the Turkish government and military officials. These psychopaths committed themselves to the destruction of Syria so that they could profit handsomely from the sale of Syrian oil stolen by "ISIS" and from the theft of Syrian industrial equipment. Now they stand to profit from the waves of refugees forced to flee by the "ISIS" terrorists supported by these same Turkish political and military scumbags.

Meanwhile, EU officials have the task of figuring out how to convince refugees in EU countries to move to Turkey, a country that sets fire to and decapitates members of its minority population, routinely imprisons journalists, and forces refugee children into sweatshops. To say there are 'legal challenges' to this deal is the understatement of the millennium. This 'deal' is an utter farce guaranteed only to enrich the criminals at the expense of those suffering from constant war and conflict.

But the main question is - will this even stem the flow of refugees to Europe? If the asshats in the Turkish government can bilk enough cash from EU citizens, then perhaps Erdogan and co. will agree to not 'weaponize' the refugees (or any ISIS members among them). But in the long run, the answer is that as long as people are seeking to escape chaos, they will find a way. And as long as Western warmongers and their Turkish "allies" continue to enjoy making war, there will continue to be chaos and therefore refugees. Thanks to NATO's wanton destruction of Libyan society four years ago, the 'Libyan route' for refugees has seen a massive increase in traffic:

Quote "We should expect tens of thousands to attempt to depart this spring and summer bound for Lampedusa. With the closure of the EU-Turkey border to migrants, we may learn once again how closing one route pushes people to another route," said Matteo de Bellis, an Amnesty International researcher who just completed a fact-finding mission to Italy's main migrant processing center on Lampedusa.
    Conclusion

The EU-Turkey 'agreement' is just the next stage in the ongoing US-inspired campaign of blackmail against the EU. What is most worrying, however, is that a rogue state like Turkey is directly involved and apparently very eager to barter millions of defenseless people for hard cash. Erdogan himself made it clear that it's all about the blackmail:

Quote There are precise conditions. If the European Union does not take the necessary steps, then Turkey will not implement the agreement.

Everything that has been promised [must be put into action by the EU], everything that is specified under the accord.

[Referring to the aid for refugees], some three million people are being fed on our budget. There have been promises [of aid] but nothing has come for the moment.

We have received lots of thanks for our action on the refugees and in the fight against terrorism. But we are not doing this for thanks. Everything should happen in line with what has been promised, what has been set out in the text.
    As Maria Zakharova asks, "When is the EU going to observe international law in relation to refugees? Will the European Union ever do in good faith what it calls upon others to do?"

It's a great question - after all that NATO has done to destroy the Middle East, Europe is now poised to send thousands of refugees back to a country that routinely murders its own citizens - and they're going to pay the murderer for the privilege.

We can argue 'til the cows come home about how and why the refugees were foisted on Europe, but in the end, if Europe doesn't treat them humanely (and the overwhelming majority of them do deserve to be treated humanely), then its endless preaching to the rest of the world on all matters of morals and legality will count for nothing.

No one, of course, should be surprised by any of this. When a planet of mostly normal people allow themselves to be ruled by psychopaths, chaos, death and destruction are the rule rather than the exception. Get used to it.

References

Varoufakis, Y. (2011). The Global Minotaur: America, the true origins of the financial crisis and the future of the world economy (3rd ed., P. 68). London: Zed Books.

Ibid. p. 73

Source

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Agape (25th April 2016), Becky (25th April 2016), betoobig (11th May 2016), Shannon (25th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks

DIEGO FUSARO: How capitalism uses immigrants, the reserve army of the unemployed

Quote From this we must ideologically start to understand that the enemy is not the migrant, but rather someone else. The enemy is not the starving, but who starves the peoples. The enemy is not the desperate, but who drives the people to despair. The enemy is who bombs the peoples and pretends to be willing to receive with false humanity. That is the enemy. -Diege Fusaro- (Italian philosopher and writer)

And lets not forget this quote from Edward Bernays (Propaganda):

Quote “The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. ...We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. ...In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons...who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”
    Last edited by Sophocles; 11th May 2016 at 07:07.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

betoobig (11th May 2016), bluestflame (11th May 2016)

+ Reply to Thread