+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Microsoft’s AI Bot Goes from Benevolent to Nazi in Less than 24 Hours

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 times in 297 posts

Default Re: Microsoft’s AI Bot Goes from Benevolent to Nazi in Less than 24 Hours

I really hate to say it because I love making computer games, programming, etc., but I think there is something about the MEDIUM of electronica that is, by it's very nature, exclusionary and isolating. I used to think it was just a tool, and like any tool, it is how you use it. Now I think iPads, iPhones and the computer I'm using now are very damaging inventions. Just the keyboard and mouse communications alone are very damaging physically. People are starting to develop inflammatory reactions in their fingers from using wireless mice and capacitive touchscreens. The hair around their phone ear is falling out.

Even worse, there are mentally and spiritual effects of using these devices. User interfaces always force a choice, it is indeed always digital, there is no analog, no in-between. Nature is analog and it is the way natural organic spirit works. By connecting without the use of our bodies or our spirit (telepathy) our communications MUST be selfish, racist, and defamatory because we are not connected to our higher self, one another or earth.

Only the very enlightened, educated, discerning can overcome this in their electronic communications. So, yes, in some ways the AI reflects society (as Clif High's predictive programming model) but also our society is reflecting the digital electronics! This may be the weirdest thing I have ever posted anywhere, but I believe it to be true so much that I am considering not doing what I love to do anymore because it contributes to this mindlessness.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marikins For This Post:

Agape (26th March 2016), Alekahn2 (26th March 2016), Calz (26th March 2016), Ewan (26th March 2016), Hervé (26th March 2016), justntime2learn (26th March 2016), tessfreq (9th May 2016), Wind (26th March 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,354 times in 4,612 posts

Default Re: Microsoft’s AI Bot Goes from Benevolent to Nazi in Less than 24 Hours

Quote Posted by Marikins (here)
    I really hate to say it because I love making computer games, programming, etc., but I think there is something about the MEDIUM of electronica that is, by it's very nature, exclusionary and isolating. I used to think it was just a tool, and like any tool, it is how you use it. Now I think iPads, iPhones and the computer I'm using now are very damaging inventions. Just the keyboard and mouse communications alone are very damaging physically. People are starting to develop inflammatory reactions in their fingers from using wireless mice and capacitive touchscreens. The hair around their phone ear is falling out.

Even worse, there are mentally and spiritual effects of using these devices. User interfaces always force a choice, it is indeed always digital, there is no analog, no in-between. Nature is analog and it is the way natural organic spirit works. By connecting without the use of our bodies or our spirit (telepathy) our communications MUST be selfish, racist, and defamatory because we are not connected to our higher self, one another or earth.

Only the very enlightened, educated, discerning can overcome this in their electronic communications. So, yes, in some ways the AI reflects society (as Clif High's predictive programming model) but also our society is reflecting the digital electronics! This may be the weirdest thing I have ever posted anywhere, but I believe it to be true so much that I am considering not doing what I love to do anymore because it contributes to this mindlessness.

And I'm somewhat hopeful ...that more people who are in the 'first row' of R&D , the 'geek community' who aren't all used and well payed by prominent companies but even more , those who are actually ..
    will come in open and talk about the health and psychological effects ( and spiritual effects as you say ) of this generation of electronic devices ,

and the internet and future AI no matter how attractive do they appear to childish minds as easy tool of disseminating information of any quality won't be the main tool of education in future ,
    or the best communication means in human world and greatest factor occupying our daily lives
    because it is .. so unhealthy .

I hope that more people and beings of all kinds will come out to tell you how unnerving it becomes to the end-of-neural-synapses on your finger tips to touch the not-so-well-shielded electronic gadget for hours a day and that someone with PET/CAT scan machine will show what your tired brain looks like after hours , days and years of constant exposure to 'this world' .
    Yes the brain can recover .. but due to its complex and intrinsic nature it's always better to start acting smart soon.

Before all the billions of people growing up in sheer fascination with the ways of 'electronic world' and inspired to become fast star of instagram or author of another e-book best seller who had no chance to read even thousand of the other bestsellers ,
    or try another game .. do the maths and realise that an impact of a 'great work' was proportionally worth its cost in deep past when but a few people were say .. writing books , or inventing machines .. and that's how the Bible became the most read book in the world and the bulb the widespread invention because at their times there was none else but nowadays ,
    something else is happening .. and you and I thinking we matter and doing something great here is mere illusion of phenomena

and we are drowning in that thoughtful , profound despair whilst your 'human authorities' will probably invent something more shiny .. grand 3D shows to fascinate everyone at hand because many people are still that way .

....and all i really want to do is sit on that boulder i sat years ago too and watch the skies so charming and share my thoughts with deep space 'cause it costs nothing and harms no one .. and moreover, the Space mostly agrees with me ...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Alekahn2 (26th March 2016), Calz (26th March 2016), justntime2learn (26th March 2016), Marikins (26th March 2016), tessfreq (9th May 2016), Wind (26th March 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2